[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like Janet. Why did Marvel forget she existed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: aven17.jpg (238KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
aven17.jpg
238KB, 1024x765px
I like Janet. Why did Marvel forget she existed?
>>
>>92901191
She's been part of the Uncanny Avengers off and on.

And she's going to be in Nadia's solo after the first arc. Probably just a guest appearance like when she showed up in ANAD Avengers
>>
Marvel fucked up both Janet and Hank pym after that domestic abuse bullshit. It was never the same.
>>
Instead of trying to meme Carol, they should have been trying to push Janet. I was one of those people wondering why Ant Man wasn't a Wasp movie since fucking Hope was infinitely more qualified to stop cross than Scott(a big plot hole).
>>
>>92901318
Carol's a better character than Janet and she has more material.

Sad that EMH Carol didn't get to act on her Jan crush.
>>
>>92901318
>I was one of those people wondering why Ant Man wasn't a Wasp movie since fucking Hope was infinitely more qualified to stop cross than Scott(a big plot hole).
So you're a retard who's too stupid to grasp what's discussed in the movie?
>>
>>92901318
>I was one of those people wondering why Ant Man wasn't a Wasp movie since fucking Hope was infinitely more qualified to stop cross than Scott(a big plot hole).

You're kidding, right? They outright state why Pym hired Lang in the damn movie.
>>
>>92901191
Because they decided to use Scott in the MCU. That's why.
>>
>>92901634
What exactly could Lang do that Hope couldn't?
>>
>>92901695
Die
>>
>>92901714
>Be Hope
>Have unlimited access to Cross industries
>Know the Ant Man powers better than anybody else
>Tech expert
>Skilled fighter

She literally could have waltzed in, grabbed what she needed, and walked out. But since the movie needs to be two hours we have to spend it watching Pym train Scott for his convoluted plan.

It's a stupid movie.
>>
>>92901863
because no one in the universe gives a shit about wasp, even acknowledging that no one in the world gives a shit about ant-man

also evangeline lily isn't hot enough for a starring role
>>
>>92901951
Nobody gave a shit about Guardians and look what happened.
>>
Bumper
>>
She isn't a main character in the movie so she can't be in comics anymore.
>>
>>92901863
You weren't paying attention to the movie all. Pym didn't want Hope involved because he knew if Darren Cross had the slightest inkling of a betrayal, she'd be in danger (which, surprise surprise, did happen). Pym needed someone he wasn't attached to who, in the worse case scenario, could go down with the ship with minimal repercussions to himself.

Again, what the fuck is wrong with you that you miss a key plot point in the film?
>>
>>92904750
What's Cross going to do to a fucking superhero? Quit making excuses for your shitty movie.
>>
>>92901318
I agree
This try hard wonder woman carol meme is not working out
>>
>>92901318
Did you even watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>92901191
The hacks at Marvel are replacing characters with their OCs

>>92901533
Janet has more pull with the female audience, the whole Tinker bell pixie look is popular with girls.

The average little girl doesn't like buff dykes and Carol's look is really unappealing.
>>
>>92901191
they wanted to avoid the "abusive husband" part of her story

especially in this time were (((THEY))) are watching marvel like hungry vultures waiting for the next outrage
>>
>>92904867
I think this is pretty exemplary of most people who shit on the MCU here. You say the movies are shit and make no sense when in fact you're just an idiot and didn't understand a simple fact that the movie spelled out for you.
>>
>>92901191
Cause Bendis doesn't like her.
>>
File: Nurse_Annie_is_a_Bitch.jpg (46KB, 441x307px) Image search: [Google]
Nurse_Annie_is_a_Bitch.jpg
46KB, 441x307px
>>92901191
Marvel didn't forget she existed. Bendis keeps killing her off or finding ways to send her into character limbo.

I don't know what his problem is, or if he has something against Janet, but he ends every one of his events or Avengers run with Janet dying for reasons.

The only who did try to bring her back in full force was Rick Remender. Who, ended up marrying her off to his self insert, Havok.

As a result, I have to call her Janet van Dyne-Pym-Summers.

Havok married Janet over Polaris. Then again, Havok's always had shit taste in women.

*cough* Nurse Annie *cough*
>>
>>92906508
More like Janet Van Dyin'.
>>
>>92906649
My man!
>>
File: E0pLaPF.jpg (464KB, 2999x1400px) Image search: [Google]
E0pLaPF.jpg
464KB, 2999x1400px
>>92901318
And the weird thing is DC doesn't have a mainstream answer to her other than bumble bee which I doubt DC will really push outside the comics and cartoon.

The less she is compared to wonder woman the better
>>
File: tumblr_nbs5w3OXV51r1zxnro1_500.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbs5w3OXV51r1zxnro1_500.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>
The "JANET IS HORRIBLE" meme has been going even before social media and a lot of creators bought into it because they're stupid people who don't read comics.
>>
Because Marvel is run by talentless hacks who don't know a good thing when they see one.
>>
>>92901191
>>92901533
>>92901318
>Tiny fairy sized heroine
>Constantly changes her clothes
>founding Avenger, former leader, fun personality
Marvel really dropped the ball with her
>>
File: 1494695981263.gif (1MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1494695981263.gif
1MB, 268x268px
At least she's cute in the Avengers Academy game and has a crush on an older Pym who's is her teacher
>>
>>92909811

Shame what happened to that game. I enjoyed it
>>
>>92905782
Did you? The entire plot of the movie hinges on Pym acting like an irrational dumbass. The movie literally could have been over in 5 mins but we had to take the long way around. It's shit writing.
>>
>>92906456
So you have no argument and just resort to insults? Stupid shill. You're worse than those Snyderfags who say BvS was too hard for people to understand. Answer my fucking question instead of throwing a hissy fit because I ruined your shitty movie.

There was literally no reason why Hope couldn't steal Cross's suit. It'd make sense if she had a huge character flaw that made her incapable of doing it but the writers put it all on Pym which makes him look incompetent.
>>
>>92911169
>>92911207
Pym wanted a professional thief. Hope probably had no experience stealing stuff, and Lang did. It's simple.

The movie is not good but really you can't not see the logic there
>>
>Janet thread
>Disniggers derail the thread because someone insulted their mediocre movie

Just fucking go back to /r/Marvelstudios and quit shitting up this board
>>
>>92909269
Gail "Women in Refrigerators" Simone was able to praise Bendis for killing off Wasp and received pretty much zero blowback.

Most people with hard opinions about comic book characters have read nothing featuring them.
>>
>>92913084
She is really obnoxious when it comes to characters she hates. I never got why she constantly trolls Cyclops fans.
>>
>>92911169
>Worried about her daughter's safety because of a traumatic past event that caused him to lose a loved one
>irrational dumbass
Don't you have a "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker?" thread to shitpost?
>>
>>92907284
Its weird DC never had copycats of the avengers
I'd love somebody to make a copycat of Wasp and give her an ongoing if marvel is going to keep burying her
>>
File: Justifiers.jpg (52KB, 400x434px) Image search: [Google]
Justifiers.jpg
52KB, 400x434px
>>92916574
>Its weird DC never had copycats of the avengers
>>
>>92915723
>Lets his powerless daughter commit corporate espionage on a psychopath

Yep Pym was totally right.
>>
>>92916775
Who?
>>
>>92901191
There are like 3 other shrinking girls with wings roaming around 616 right now. It's hard to keep up.
>>
>>92904867
SPLAT gun. Literally can turn her into goo. Plus the Yellow Jacket suit was far better than the Ant Man one, Scott only beat him by nearly losing himself in the quantum realm.

Did you watch the movie or are you incapable of thought?
>>
>>92911169
>Pym acting like an irrational dumbass
sooo....they got Pym right
>>
I genuinely can't understand why people hate Janet so much.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.