[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Drones DESPERATELY want to say the movie was only praised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

>Drones DESPERATELY want to say the movie was only praised because of a female lead but can't because it goes against everything their silly liberal mantra has said for the last five years

Could this movie be any more perfect? It's like it's completely immune to geek criticism.
>>
See, I don't think it's comparable to Ghostbusters, since that film's entire marketing gimmick was literally "If you don't like this movie, you're sexist". WW has had none of that.

inb4 girls only screenings, that's one theater in Texas, not WB
>>
>>92900017
>this movie is perfect because of my obese neckbeard internet fights
Can capeshit please die already?
Not like we are going to miss anything interesting.
>>
>>92900017
>but can't.
I'll say it. The movie was only praised because of a female lead. That and the female director.
>>
>>92900289
The movie was praised because it manages to have a female lead without being pandering bullshit like Ghostbusters. It's a good action movie with a female lead
>>
>>92900357
I'll believe it when I see it after pirating it in four to six months
>>
>>92900417

this
>>
>>92900417
Let me know what you think when that time comes, my dearest anon
>>
>>92900357
Superhero movies aren't capable of being good.
>>
File: 1496184929147.jpg (63KB, 336x436px) Image search: [Google]
1496184929147.jpg
63KB, 336x436px
Mods, just fucking delete this. Company wars belong nowhere but the trash, and I don't want the anons too naive to see he's baiting to engage him Please, PLEASE anyone reading this
JUST

DON'T

FUCKING

>>
>>92900490
Well, by GOOD I mostly mean fun and interesting, unlike most MCU movies nowadays which are same-y fight compilations
>>
>>92900017
If they want to make female hero movies while avoiding polarizing their audience by ramming GURL POWER down everyone's throat 24/7 in the marketing then more power to them, I think female heroes are a breath of fresh air to read/view on occasion amidst all the other titles being put out.
>>
>>92900139
I was thinking this movie was going to get shit on because it didn't use "If you don't like this movie, you're sexist" marketing.
>>
I can smell the stink of /tv/ on you OP. Like 10 years of body odor and stale cheetoes radiating from the folds under your flabby man tits.
>>
>>92900535
All superhero movies are the same drivel lead by mary sues and gary stues who will never get anything close to a risk.
They are there to eventually fight a very evil guy who does evil things like wanting to destroy the world or kill puppies.

Superhero movies are meant to make money, they will always be repetitive, and they will never be anything else than a cheap pass time.
>>
>>92900576
Who would step on /co/ without filling that stereotype?
It's a comic board.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>92900577
Ok. Now tell me what you've gained by typing that all out
>>
>>92900017
Am going to see this movie with a free ticket I got the free ticket because for 10 minutes into gotg 2 they left the curtain a little closed and offered free ticket for the mishap who am I supporting more
>>
>>92900577
>Superhero movies are meant to make money
No shit. As opposed to?
>>
>>92900657
Trying to make you understand that there's no such thing as a superhero movie worth watching.

>>92900669
Sure, all of them are made to make money.
But superhero movies are born purely out of the desire to make money.
There's no creative input, there's no drive, no soul, it's all driven by a bunch of businessmen who decide where things should go in order to make as much money as possible.
They are the movie equivalent of WWE, or of Call of Duty.
The bottom of the barrel.

And you think this is something worth wasting your time shitposting about?
>>
>>92900017
>Could this movie be any more perfect?
Wonder Woman could've been played by someone who isn't a pinhead.
Wonder Woman could've been played by someone who could actually put on any muscle.
Wonder Woman could've been played by someone who could act.
They could've written it to be half decent, which it wasn't.
>>
>>92900607
A lot of /co/ are actually /fit/
>>
>>92900576
I mean, that doesn't really prove him any less right or wrong with you saying that you know.
>>
>>92900577
But then why are you here anon? You really think anything else on this board is that much better?
>>
>>92900762
No.
>>
>>92900576
That's what /co/ smells like.
/tv/ smells like feet.
>>
>>92900715
>no such thing as a superhero movie worth watching

Go back to /tv/, faggot.
>>
>>92900715
>And you think this is something worth wasting your time shitposting about?
We both do.
>>
>>92900773
Yes, superhero movie discussion is by far the worst garbage in /co/
Mostly because these shallow movies provide no discussion whatsoever, their plot is simple and can be resumed in a couple of sentences. So all of threads about them are bound to plunge into le epic brand fights, so they are not worth anything at all.
>>
>>92900758
Why is it that /co/'s and /tv/'s "definitive" wondy is "women" with TRT injections or collagen lipped bimbos?
>>
>>92900715
People can and will do whatever they want with their time, your posting right now to me is just as pointless and watching super hero movies is to you.

Your like a nutty preacher who goes and screams you're going to hell for having sex before marriage as if that's going to do anything but have people laugh at you.
>>
>>92900800
Name one, if only so I can properly laugh at you.
>>
>>92900430
>92%
>>
>>92900817
>He's serious

Okay keep watching your much more stimulating cartoons and intellectual comic literature anon.
>>
>>92900841
No, I come here to laugh at you, trying to make something good out of a bad situation.
Nothing more entertaining than watching people trying to form some discussion over a superhero turd.
>>
>>92900765
I just want all these blatant company wars threads to stop. Too bad /co/ mods are slobbering retards who can't do their job.
>>
>>92900417
>I'll believe it when I see it after pirating it in four to six months
This has literally been how I've watched every DCEU movie since Man of Steel. I see no reason why Wonder Woman would actually be worth my money.
>>
>>92900844
Who are you to decide what is and isn't worth watching? Some people like action movies. I liked John Wick because I love revenge stories. Some people don't and wouldn't find the movie worth watching. Who fucking cares. Go back to nu/pol/ and shitpost there, fag.
>>
>>92900887
They don't stimulate absolutely anything, and there's as much chance of a comic being considered "literature" as there is of Star Wars getting a decent movie ever again, but these superhero movies have lots of things they could succeed on, aside from the plot.
Costume design, cinematography, soundtracks, action scenes, but they fail at absolutely everything.
It's like a trainwreck you can't look away from, but at the same time you have people fighting over their favourite trains, which is pointless because they are all going to crash and burn.
>>
>>92900817
>the plot is simple
So you're one those guys that think a "complicated" plot equals good or are you onto something else? Having a simple plot is the lamest critique out there and it just enables fuckers like Reberto Orci. No Country For Old Men has a simple as fuck plot. In other cape threads, I see anons discussing the actual execution of these ideas and themes and whether or not it worked for them. Fuck that's what happening right now, but it's not worth you're time?
>>
>>92900920
>Who are you to decide what is and isn't worth watching?
I didn't, you did.
Countless Wonder Woman threads, all end up in the same shitposting wars.
And this applies to most movie threads, all end up in brand fights, so it's obvious people just don't care about discussion, just want to fight, and thus, they need to go.

>Go back to nu/pol
And take part in fights along with extremist keyboard warriors against other extremists over who has the most obsolete ideology?
Might as well do something stupid like fighting over superhero movies.
>>
File: 1167.jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1167.jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>92900920
Greatest literature made by man isn't enough compared to going into a forum and telling people their tastes are shit.
>>
>>92900417
Meh. It's not like this is going to be Apocalypse Now or some other highly impactful film. The KORSUB release will be fine
>>
>>92900715
>But superhero movies are born purely out of the desire to make money.
Again, as opposed to?
>>
>>92901006
>So you're one those guys that think a "complicated" plot equals good or are you onto something else?
I think I worded it incorrectly.
Keep it simple, sure, but change it, for once.
LOTR has a simple plot too, there's a very evil guy and has very evil looking orcs and wants to take over the world, but it's done well, makes you care about the characters.
LOTR manages to be a better superhero movie than movies about actual superheroes.
So what are these people doing?
And why do people think these movies are worth fighting over?
>>
>>92900017
If you want to rant about liberals being stupid take it to /pol/.
>>
>>92901069
As opposed to other ones.
Sure, the publisher will want you to make a profit, but some are born from a creative spark, a desire to tell a story.
Not these, these are movies that businessmen push for.
They throw money at some actors, directors, and think that's enough to make something decent.
>>
>>92900017
Is the "secretaries are slaves" line still in the movie?
>>
>>92901040
>You did
When, retard? When I said Wonder Woman was good?

>Brand fights
I don't give a fuck about brands. The only time I mentioned a brand was when I said that a lot of MCU movies are same-y. If it makes your dick hard, I also think that DC has some shitty movies.

Also by nu/pol/ I meant >>>/tv/
>>
>>92901065
4chan is magical, anon.
>>
>>92901166
>When, retard? When I said Wonder Woman was good?
You, in general.
You all decided fighting over brands was going to be the main topic, everytime.
You talk box office numbers and fresh rates on RT, nothing more.
That's all there is to these movies.

>I also think that DC has some shitty movies.
>some
All of them are, and so are the MCU's.
Turds made by committee.
>>
File: 7684296.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
7684296.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>92901234
You're getting me confused with some other anon, because I haven't said anything about RT, box office numbers, or anything of the sort. Reply to someone else.

>All of them are
See, now YOU'RE deciding what's worth watching, despite the fact that you just said you weren't. You're good at being stupid.

Please kick the chair.
>>
>>92900017

I saw it

Quite shocked it was actually good, Gal's acting was off in some parts, but overall I thought it was really good
>>
>>92901103
>but it's done well
That's how fans of BVS feel, even though they are in the minority. As crazy as it might seem to you, that's all there is to it. I'm mean you still haven't gone over why they all aren't "well done". What's the measure of that success? Critical acclaim? Box office returns? An individual's opinion?
>>
>>92901323
Again, i'm not talking about you specifically, but about the kind of people who post in these threads.
I wouldn't have a problem if you all kept talking about the movie instead of fighting, but you don't, because the movies are garbage barely worth discussing.
>>
>>92900824
because she is canonically bigger than every person on the justice league except for superman
>>
File: 6vScT.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
6vScT.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>92901449
Despite the bait OP, we were talking about the movie. Then some autist (You) told me that superhero movies were incapable of being good.

You derailed a thread and are now complaining about someone derailing a thread.

Forget what I said about shitposting on /tv/, go get downvoted on Reddit, faggot.
>>
>>92901475
Prove it with handbook stats not the whims of various artists.
>>
>>92901424
Quality.
The plot in most is always the same, it always ends the same, and very rarely do the heroes find themselves in an actual risk, and if they do, like Superman, they are inmediatly revived.
There's no risk, there's nothing interesting going on, aside from having a comic fan wanting to see those characters in another medium, there's almost no appeal, which is why they have such massive marketing campaigns.
>>
>>92901509
>You derailed a thread and are now complaining about someone derailing a thread.
No, I complain because the main topic of these threads is always brand fights.
Which is why movies should be banned from /co/
And since they are terrible, nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>92900518
This
>>
WHO? WHO IS SAYING THAT? WHERE? OP?????????
>>
File: 1487151885013.png (942KB, 908x646px) Image search: [Google]
1487151885013.png
942KB, 908x646px
>>92901509
>You derailed a thread
>WOW, LEAVE OUR CONSOLE FIGHTS ALONE
>>
>>92901600
unironically this
>>
>>92901509
>Despite the bait OP, we were talking about the movie.
And how long until people started biting the bait?
>>
>>92901572
>Superhero movies are shit!
>M-my /co/ would ban all movies even if they have comic book heroes in them!
>M-m-my kino thread is being buried by threads about popular comic book movies!

Yeah yeah we get it, anon. You only watch pure KINO/11 movies with 17+ subplots that incorporate scholarly research on the fundamentals of the human psyche.

Like I said, Reddit is missing an autist. Either return there or hide the thread that you've effectively shut down.
>>
>>92901543
>Quality
As defined by who and what?
>risk
I'm not sure what you're referring to because you're actually being too general.
>>
>>92901691
Not everything is completely dumb or absolutely "le kino", but yeah, superhero movies are one of those ends.

>the thread that you've effectively shut down.
As if anything worthwhile was going to come out of it.
>>
>>92901771
>Superhero movies are one of those ends
To you they are, ok.

>As if anything worthwhile was going to come out of it
Well you did a good job making sure that came true.
>>
>>92901734
>As defined by who and what?
By the different elements that form a movie?
Plot, cinematography, soundtrack, acting...
If you fail at these, any movie falls apart, and superhero movies fail at most, if not all of them.

>I'm not sure what you're referring to because you're actually being too general.
Not even a risk, just a different story.
Sadly, they are tied to superheroes themselves, so stories aren't capable of being anything but giving reasons to you for two hours to make you want to see the superhero beat the bad guy.
>>
>>92901828
>To you they are, ok.
I like to think there's nothing deeper in the barrel than superhero movies.
>>
>>92901860
Okay. Cool shit, dude. Go back to your kino. You seem like the type of guy that wouldn't like anything featured on /co/, so why are you even here
>>
>>92900715
>And you think this is something worth wasting your time shitposting about?

How many minutes have you clocked in today?
>>
>>92901920
I once liked comics.
I just come here to laugh at their demise.
>>
>>92900758
Her accent is weird but she's showing some acting development.

I liked the movie.
>>
>>92900139
man what's wrong with featuring a girls only screening anyways

like whats the big fuckin deal who cares
>>
>>92900139
>WW has had none of that.
Female only screening
>>
>>92900017
Since when have shitty geeks been liberals? Most of the ones I meet are MRA alt-right losers and libertarian posers.
>>
File: (you).gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>92901995
And that makes you an edgy faggot.

Now that you've collected your (You)'s, you can troll another thread
>>
>>92901831
Do most superhero movies fail at these or all? Specifically which ones and in what way? Are capetvshows except from this or is the structure of film only so compatible with something closer to an episodic format?
>>
>>92900844

the Incredibles
>>
>>92902038
>man what's wrong with featuring a girls only screening anyways
The exact same thing wrong with men-only shows, clubs, and workplaces: nothing at all.

It's the double standard that offends: women must be let into everything for men, but things for women can exclude men when it suits them, at least through social pressure if not legally-enforceable rules.
>>
If it's good I'd be happy to check it out. Why do people want things to fail?
>>
>>92900518
here i am, not replying
>>
>>92902992
Good thing no DC movie has been feminist so far then
>>
>>92900017
It was boring, a Captain America clone. Diana and Steve were likable, and the themyscira part was cool, but was a predictable yawnfest afterwards.
>>
>>92900357
This.
It's not great, but it's definitely not bad.
It's basically Citizen Kane compared to the rest of the DCEU.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.