[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Wonder Woman origin story?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: WW.png (2MB, 1540x840px) Image search: [Google]
WW.png
2MB, 1540x840px
What is the best Wonder Woman origin story?
>>
>>92898691
Wonder Woman is objectively a terrible character
>>
>>92898691
The movie or True Amazon.
>>
>>92898691
The Perez one.
>>
>>92898691
Demi-God between Hipolita and Zeus.
>>
>>92898691
Any that doesn't have her as a literal biology daughter of Zeus.
>>
I'm really enjoying Year One right now but I'm a pretty uninformed casual who has only also read Earth One, but I'm preferring Ruckas telling so far. Kinda makes me mad that it has to share continuity space with Zero Year instead of Year One though, hopefully that's changed soonish

>>92898713
I'm so excited for the film to get a mass release in America when I'll be back to work and will avoid 90% of the post-film shitposting
>>
>>92898691
not cucka's garbage.
>>
>>92898691
>densest jaw
>>
>>92898736
This

Earth One was fun though
>>
>>92898736
My problem with Perez' Wonder Woman is that his and Potter's writing style has not aged very well. The stories are good, but the dialog comes off as weirdly stinted.
>>
File: wonder woman 105 origin 1.jpg (630KB, 879x2492px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman 105 origin 1.jpg
630KB, 879x2492px
I like the Wonder Girl one from the Silver Age
>>
File: Wonder Woman 105 Origin 2.jpg (1MB, 628x4710px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman 105 Origin 2.jpg
1MB, 628x4710px
>>92899723
>>
>>92899377
That's a problem with all of them.
>>
>>92898691
The Perez version is the basis of the Rucka version when you get right down to it, so while I prefer the Rucka version, I think the award should go to the Perez version.
>>
>>92898691
I swear Earth One Wonder Woman was 90% an excuse for Paquette to draw sexy pictures of big titted women
>>
>>92898691
I really liked Legend of Wonder Woman

It made excellent use of Hippolyta, Philipus, Steve, Etta, the Holiday girls, the Duke of Deception and Baroness Paula von Gunther
>>
Smallville Wonder Woman is best Wonder Woman
>>
>>92900413
>90% an excuse for Paquette to draw sexy pictures of big titted women

He should've waited until Morrison was at Heavy Metal
>>
>>92898691

Morrison's Earth One.
>>
>>92898691
Moulton one is pretty standard for the time, although what is up with him fucking you with text? Just write a book motherfucker

Perez is GOAT

Earth One is good, and one of the only salvageable stories in the line

Haven't read the fourth

I found Wonder Woman Year One to be shockingly good, it gets the character of Diana perfectly imo
>>
>>92899377
I actually liked that. A classic comic kinda sounding dialogue.
>>
>>92898691
Perez>Legend=Earth one>>>Year one
>>
>>92902965

I actually quite like Batman Earth One too, and I'm a massive Batfag and most people who don't like Earth One are Batfags..

Superman Earth One is fucking dreadful though. JMS is garbage. And I haven't read Teen Titans Earth One but it sounds really dumb too.
>>
>>92901522
Is that the one where she and Steve meet as kids?
>>
>>92898691
IN AMERICA
>>
>>92898691
Why does every writer feel the need to "reinvent" Wonder Woman? Why has she not had her definitive version established like most other heroes
>>
>>92903358
Batman is the other worthwhile one IMO. Superman and Teen Titans belong in the fucking trash
>>
>>92904164
I feel like in the past year of reading comics, old and new, I've read her orign like 5 times
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.