[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /co/ too stupid to realise that the show ended on a ladybug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Samurai-Jack-Finale2.jpg (116KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Samurai-Jack-Finale2.jpg
116KB, 1000x750px
Is /co/ too stupid to realise that the show ended on a ladybug scene on purpose?
We didn't need a scene from the future. That's the entire point. Jack's life was threatened back when Ashi created the portal and of course jumping there to save his life was the most reasonable course of action at the moment. He didn't have time to reflect back then, but he does now. Ashi's disappearance symbolizes the disappearance of euphoria induced by finally completing his journey and realisation that him doing what he did might have some consequences after all. He starts doubting whether that was the right thing to do at all. The ending puts the viewer in Jack's position - seeing that tree and that ladybug gives Jack hope, but he can never know for sure. Maybe all those people will be reborn again, or maybe not. He will most likely never know that now, and neither will we. This is one of the basic internal focalization techniques in storytelling.
>>
>>92881986
don't bother..
>>
>>92881986
Jack had no attachment to the ladybug unlike Ashi.
>>
>>92882188
Jack didn't have much of an attachment to Ashi either, they literally just met.
>>
>>92882188
It was a metaphor for the fact mother nature is still wondrous. I don't know what OP is on about
>>
>>92882328
>my interpretation is the only true one gaiz
>>
>>92881986
So when will Jack forget that Ashi existed since she has been erased from existence?
I kinda thought he would forget about her the minute she vanished.
>>
>>92882235
Jack spent more time with Ashi than Luke spent with Obi-Wan in A New Hope, yet I don't see people flipping their shit at how quickly Obi-Wan was killed off.
>>
>>92882365
okay
>>
>>92882349
he forgot as soon as the ladybug appeared, that's why he was suddenly happy
>>
File: 01b[1].png (30KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
01b[1].png
30KB, 640x400px
>>92882385
>he forgot
>>
>>92881986
OP, that's called personal interpretation. A shitty one, by the way. Jack could easily Just fight Aku on the future. He decided to Go to the past and erase all that people. And even then the ending is bad for leaving so many holes. This was already pointed out before, but:

- how Jack's friends for to the Tower in 2-3 minutes?
- how Ashi manages to wait exactly after materiais to disappear?
- what happens to the paradox from Future Jack killing past Aku?
>>
>>92884551
There is no paradox, Ashi lied, she disappeared because of Aku's vanishing, not time paradox and being of Aku's blood, it was her goal all along to make Jack bummed for eternity
>>
>>92881986
Yes.
>>
>>92881986
It's a perfectly good interpretation, but it still doesn't change the fact that ending is still kind of a letdown, all things considered.
>>
>>92884551
You don't know they were erased tho. Ashi was because Aku was so thoroughly rekt, but everything else can only be justified on top pseudo-scientific shit like butterfly effect so, it isn't really an airtight explanation. We don't entirely know
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.