[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rank them.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: _thepenguin_versions.png (70KB, 642x428px) Image search: [Google]
_thepenguin_versions.png
70KB, 642x428px
Rank them.
>>
Fat/Fatter/Average
>>
I like them all, except for the third one, I've never seen Gotham. I did see that one scene where a medieval guy gets hit by a car and survives, and then the Penguin shows up and his man murders the knight with a rocket launcher out of nowhere and rock music plays.
So he's probably alright.
>>
File: COmIcECUAAArQKJ.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
COmIcECUAAArQKJ.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>92878287
> then the Penguin shows up and his man
> his man
He wishes
>>
>>92878287
>I like them all
>except the last one
fuck me anon, I feel sorry your poor saps of parents who believed the people that told them you'd be a functioning retard.
>>
All are good for very different reasons. I can't choose. I guess I would put DeVito's last, but I love Batman Returns so it's no a dishonor as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>92878342
That's not very nice.
I only said I didn't like him because, like I said, I haven't seen Gotham.
>>
>>92878385
I'm not complaining about your opinion, jesus christ you actually are a mong aren't you. You can't say you like them all and the same post say "except one". That's retarded. 2 of 3 is not all. Say I like the first two or I like them all but to be honest my opinion on the gotham one is not fair becuase I've never seen the show.
>>
>>92878009
Crime King
Meredith > Taylor > Devito
Style
Meredith > Taylor > Devito
Charisma
Devito > Meredith = Taylor
Menace
Devito > Meredith >>>>>> Taylor
Iconic
Devito > Meredith > Taylor
Gay
Taylor >>>> Meredith > Devito
Penguin
Devito >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Taylor > Meredith

Final Calculation...
Apples to Oranges...
Meredith for Nostalgia
Devito for Craze and Repulsiveness
Taylor for Mafioso role he deserves
>>
>>92878439
I like all six posters in this thread.
Except for you.
>>
>>92878439
You're getting pretty defensive over a character autist
>>
File: devito penguin.jpg (50KB, 652x408px) Image search: [Google]
devito penguin.jpg
50KB, 652x408px
>>92878009
DeVito > Meredith > Taylor

Burgess is classic Penguin and he was perfect at it. He is arguably one of the defining reasons for the character's popularity. He plays Penguin exactly as he was conceived, a charming and deceitful caricature of rich stuffy gentlemen, and overall his version of Penguin is the closest to the comics.

Taylor's Penguin was surprisingly great, for someone who isn't much of a fan of the show. They found a way to reimagine the character while staying truthful to several of his core aspects while introducing new ones. He's a great anti-hero, and that's a wonderful way to reimagine Oswald without stripping him of his rotten nature. The only things I don't like about him is his romantic subplot with Eddie, and his popularity on Tumblr irks me (but that's a problem with the fans, not him). I rank him last but I really like him.

But I simply have to give it to DeVito's version. While it was a wild reimagining that differed a lot from the comics, it was exactly what the character needed to shake off his campy 60s days and become a part of Batman's newfound dark tone. It helped to establish him as someone who could be not just scary but tragic as well. This movie is what truly made Penguin a fully fledged character. It's not the most faithful depiction, but in the character's history, it sparked the largest change.
And Danny DeVito was the perfect casting choice not just physically but in his sense of humor and way of acting as well. He was a fan of the comics and he helped Burton and Daniel Waters write the character. He was extremely invested in the role to the point he stayed in character full time and had to have make-up done for the voice-overs.
It's this blending of dark writing, phenomenal acting and great visual style that make DeVito's Penguin the best out of the three for me.

But all three of them are great and all three had great performances for the character
>>
File: paul-williams-grammy1.jpg (20KB, 383x406px) Image search: [Google]
paul-williams-grammy1.jpg
20KB, 383x406px
>>92878009
Williams > Devito > Burgess >>> Robin

Paul Williams played Penguin to perfection in the animated series. It saddens me that they didn't bring him to voice the character again.
All of them are good but Williams was perfect at being the character who perceived himself as a dashing thief and gentleman, but was a pitiable and twisted monster. I will always hear Penguin in his voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVh91TNqGUI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2jSvrLDdw
>>
>>92878439
Everyone in this thread doesn't have autism except for you.
>>
>>92878969
Best part is how he faked that Penguin couldn't sing
>>
File: 1492541700947.jpg (104KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1492541700947.jpg
104KB, 720x576px
>>92879089
Yeah I loved it.
It reminded me of AoStH in the episode where Robotnik is asked to sing and he does a shit job at it, even though his voice actor is a very talented blues singer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syE7Q8KcdIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_zz18hx4IU
>>
>>92878969
This is because Andrea Romano is great at her job.
>>
File: swan.jpg (20KB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
swan.jpg
20KB, 400x220px
>>92879208
Yeah I'm glad at least someone recognized the guy playing Swan was a perfect fit for Penguin
>>
File: mad_pierrot.jpg (49KB, 590x447px) Image search: [Google]
mad_pierrot.jpg
49KB, 590x447px
This was the best version of the Penguin.
Prove me wrong.
>>
File: jokers_asylum_penguin_1.jpg (46KB, 400x619px) Image search: [Google]
jokers_asylum_penguin_1.jpg
46KB, 400x619px
>>92878009
>Live action only
Oh come on I can't even pick the good one?
>>
>>92878335
I don't really like Gotham, everyone tries to be a "jokerized" version of their character.
>>
>>92879834
Is this and Pain and Prejudice the only good Penguin comics out there ?
Because everyone always talks about those
>>
File: penguin recommended.png (457KB, 1432x644px) Image search: [Google]
penguin recommended.png
457KB, 1432x644px
>>92879842
That's one of my problems with it, too. I feel like every non-serious Batman villain, when handled by hack writers, eventually just turns into discount Joker (because Joker is the easiest character to write).

>>92879873
Far from it
>>
>>92878813
>The only things I don't like about him is his romantic subplot with Eddie
Yeah, it was pretty stupid and degraded him as a character. Hope they're not coming back to it any time soon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.