[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody own these Moebius Blueberry collections? Been meaning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 35052xd[1].jpg (150KB, 800x679px) Image search: [Google]
35052xd[1].jpg
150KB, 800x679px
Anybody own these Moebius Blueberry collections? Been meaning to read Blueberry for years but it's so hard to find them in print and I found these for a decent price. From what I can tell it's largely complete with the things that have been translated to English.
>>
lucky guy
>>
>>92878071

Haven't pulled the trigger yet actually. I made the thread hoping to get some input and push me over the edge to buying. I was just curious if these were the best way to read them and how quality they are inside.
>>
Perhaps somebody can help me. From what I understand the English adaptations start from Chihuaha Pearl. Is there a reason for that? Did we never get the earlier sagas?
>>
>>92877110
I pulled a bit of Blueberry from a win-o not too long ago. It's well made stuff, but I found I read it in short bursts as opposed to marathons. Dunno why, the story wasn't particularly strenuous. It's not the kind of thing I would feel the need to spend gobs on, but it is the best Eurowestern comic series I've read to date.
>>
>>92879505

Appreciate the honest response. I see it so critically acclaimed here and elsewhere and I'm such a huge fan of westerns that it has me really tempted to pull the trigger. Just having physical Moebius art would be awesome.

Maybe I'll read the first chapter or so online if I can find it before deciding.
>>
>>92879622
Probably not a bad idea. It deserves the acclaim from crafsmanship alone, don't get me wrong. And I'm a sucker for physical copies too.

What would you be paying for it if you don't mind my asking?
>>
>>92879770

~$260 once shipping and tax are factored in so around $45 per book
>>
>>92879846
That's about what I paid per book on the Hellboy Library editions, seems a fair price.
>>
>>92879934

Hellboy is another I've always wanted to read but felt like I should own physically before starting. I'm jealous.
>>
>>92879963
Ah, well. When you get around to that one, trades are fine. I know a lot of people that prefer them as they're easier to loan to friends/read on a commute/generally carry around.

Give it an honest shot sometime though. Read to Chained Coffin to get a proper sense of it, Mignola didn't write V1, and V2 has some growing pains.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.