[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shrek the Third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Shrek_the_third.jpg (90KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek_the_third.jpg
90KB, 300x441px
What went wrong?
>>
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
>>
>>92875485
>No Smash Mouth
>No Bonnie Tyler cover
Why even bother releasing it?
>>
I'm surprised Shrek 4 was as good as it was after that shit show.
>what went wrong
Arthur went wrong.
>>
>>92875485
Justin Timberlake happened
>>
>>92875485
I liked Merlin and Prince Charming. Not sure why so many people hate it though.
>>
>>92875485
There wasn't a donkey-ogre baby in the background that people ignored, sort of like the Heffer baby in Rocko's Modern's Life.
>>
They didn't make it a real "we have kids now" movie and instead focused on the whole heir thing
>>
>>92875598
>Arthur went wrong.
>>92875607
>Justin Timberlake happened

This. They made the plot hinge on a character who wasn't funny or interesting. Just a whiny "but I'm here for teenagers to relate to" character.
>>
>>92875485
It had to follow Shrek 2. This is a pretty enjoyable movie, albeit flawed, but compared to the masterpiece that is Shrek 2 it's shit
>>
>>92875485
They shoved in babies to sell shit.
>>
>>92875679
I NEED A HERO
>>
>>92875686
>>92875643

This wasn't the baby movie. Shrek 4 had the babies, this was just the "oncoming fatherhood" movie.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 168x192px
>>92875485
>It's a "let's reuse a secondary villain from the previous film as the main antagonist sequel.
>>
File: GIROBOT_Feelings_2.jpg (202KB, 901x459px) Image search: [Google]
GIROBOT_Feelings_2.jpg
202KB, 901x459px
>>92875679
A few months ago I saw Shrek 2 for the first time.
It was a fucking fever dream with all those outdated 2000's references and jokes but damn was it good
>>
>>92875713
I felt shrek 4 was more like a long episode of a series, it was made thousands of times already and didn't added something significant to it, besides being better than Shrek 3.
>>
>>92875771
The Mexican version removed a lot of those, and put actual jokes instead.
>>
>>92875814
Examples?
>>
>>92875485
AB-SOL-UTE-LY

NOTHING!!!!

video very related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWLiZhdvZ_Y
>>
Shrek
2 > 1 > 3 > 4
>>
>>92875485
Patchwork plot.

>Shrek is going to be king but doesn't like it
>Goes off to find replacement who is literally King Arthur
>Arthur is a whiny teenager who doesn't like Shrek
>They travel back home to find the kingdom has been attacked by a vengeful Prince Charming while Shrek is gone
>Also Fiona is pregnant and Shrek is nervous about becoming a father

You can tell they haphazardly slapped ideas together
>>
>>92875713
4 was more about a mid life crisis
>>
>Shrek 3 is 10 years old
>>
>Justin Timberlackes whole character
>The whole thing with the school
>Taking a joke character from the 2nd movie and making him a villain even though he doesn't command respect from anyone and doesn't have any real power.
>Shreks ass backwards plan to get out of being ruler
>The whole baby sub-plot

And there's probably a few more I'm forgetting. At least they saved some of its image with Shrek Forever After.
>>
>>92876050
Shit, that's almost 20 years old.
>>
It was a mishmash of several plots with contrived interconnections and a forced ending.
>Charming is coming to usurp the throne I guess this is the plot
NO
>The King is dying and Shrek and Fiona must become royalty this is the plot
NO
>There's another heir we must find him, this is the plot
NO
>Fiona's Pregnant I guess this is the plot
NO
>The heir has highschool problems this is the plot
NO
>Merlin switched their bodies this is the plot
NO
>The Villains have wrecked Farfaraway's shit this is the plot
NO
turns out the answer was being true to yourself, unless you're an evil shit which only Charming is.
>>
>>92876078
>Batman TAS' is old enough to drink
>>
>>92876050
>original Shrek will be quarter-century old period piece in 3 and a half years.
>>
>>92876129
>1990
Whoops, scratch that. It already is a period piece.
>>
>>92876129
*fith-century
>>
>>92876157
No, that's The Anvil Hoarder (1990)
>>
Putting Justin Timberlake's whiny ass in it. (Despite the "Sir Justin" joke in S2) Not even Eric Idle's character could save that movie.
>>
>>92876000
>3 > 4
How?
>>
>>92875839
Mostly wordplay, that surely is lost in translation.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.