[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Schlock Mercenary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Tagon.jpg (90KB, 439x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tagon.jpg
90KB, 439x600px
What's /co/'s opinion on Schlock Mercenary?
>>
provide a link next time
>>
File: schlock20060818.jpg (96KB, 780x248px) Image search: [Google]
schlock20060818.jpg
96KB, 780x248px
>>92871370
>>92873136
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/
I've followed it for close to ten years, and it consistently uppdates seven days a week. It's space opera with a gag per page, usually.
pic is typical example from 2006 - although they usually have more clothes
>>
>>92873136
>Needing a link to Schlock

Have... I gotten old and this is no longer something the kids know offhand?
>>
File: schlock20090302a.jpg (184KB, 780x458px) Image search: [Google]
schlock20090302a.jpg
184KB, 780x458px
>>92871370
I like it, I've been reading it for about 10 years as well. It's had some great story concepts. At this point though, what with the mercenary crew and most others being almost unkillable due to nanites, I'm wondering where it's going to go. I believe the author says he's going to wrap it up in a few years.
>>
It's genuinely good science fiction and filled with very fun action-adventures stories. It couldn't survive on the strength of its comedy alone but with the other strengths it does fine. I recommend it.

Also an example of someone valiantly starting to draw a published project with very little experience or knowledge and improving with time.
>>
Good ole Schlock. Been reading it since it started, though nowadays I just catch up once a year.

Howard's one of the first webcomics dudes to have a buffer, and he's never missed an update in over a decade (I think once they had a hosting outage or something)

How many times has he killed and brought back Tagon? Twice at least... the first one probably would've worked as a natural "end" for the comic
>>
File: schlock20050928.jpg (110KB, 780x234px) Image search: [Google]
schlock20050928.jpg
110KB, 780x234px
>>92878803
>hosting outage
I remember when he posted something about having to upload images to a different host due to flooding from hurricane Rita.
This appears to refer, but the celebratory link is dead: https://www.schlockmercenary.com/blog/september-23-2005/
pic related is obvious reference to these events
I vaguely recall he had to upload while on the move via cell phone, but that could be memory tricks. Nevertheless, excellent work ethic.
>>
>>92878242
>what with the mercenary crew and most others being almost unkillable due to nanites, I'm wondering where it's going to go
It's turning into a story exploring Transhumanism... and other transalienspeciesism.
>>
>>92878242
>I believe the author says he's going to wrap it up in a few years.
what? no!
>>
>>92871370
it was okay but when I got caught up a good few years ago after checking it out I just didn't feel any inclination to keep up with it
>>
>>92881199
I have done a recent binge watching of it. It still hold up.
>>
I haven't read it since 2007. I kind of want to start again at the beginning. But jesus, with how long it's been running and how consistently it updates I feel like it's going to take me forever to get through.
>>
>>92882117
>But jesus, with how long it's been running and how consistently it updates I feel like it's going to take me forever to get through.
It's actually a swift reading. It's not small, but, for having binge read it recently, I can tell you you never get tired of it.
>>
>>92871370
i am monitoring this thread petey.
>>
I think it's another bad comic that gained a following because of the time at which it was produced and its length, like Sluggy Freelance, Dominic Deegan and El Goonish Shive.
Sluggy is the best of the group.
>>
>>92885169
>I think it's another bad comic
>bad comic
No, fuck you, no.
Schlock mercenary is fucking excellent. Probably the best Space Opera webcomic.
>>
>>92885169
The early Schlock stuff is definitely pretty crappy, but Taylor's been really fucking good about cutting out most of the goofier stuff like the Partnership Collective or duct tape jokes in favor of stronger storylines and thematic emphasis. Massively Parallel on its own is one of the strongest stories I've seen in a sequential webcomic, and the overarching plot elements like the Pa'anuri and the immortality nanites are handled pretty well.

So yeah, enjoy your edgy rabbit comic, I guess.
>>
>>92887033
>but Taylor's been really fucking good about cutting out most of the goofier stuff like the Partnership Collective or duct tape jokes in favor of stronger storylines and thematic emphasis
I am glad he didn't cut on the jokes in general, though.
>>
>>92887033
>So yeah, enjoy your edgy rabbit comic
Hey, don't call Sluggy shitty either (he called it bad, or rather, the less worst), anyway.
>>
File: 0.jpg (113KB, 780x235px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
113KB, 780x235px
Anyone has ever tried to make a Chupaqueso?
https://www.schlockmercenary.com/2003-09-06
>>
>>92887209
I've only read bits of Sluggy, so I can't judge the quality, but the rabbit is pretty fucking edgy. I don't think you can really argue against that.
>>
>>92887394
Depend of the definition you give to edgy. He is more of a force of nature, imo. He has got some development, though despite how much he is fighting against that.
>>
>>92887373
Isn't it just a a pancake of melted cheese with even more melted cheese on top?
>>
>>92887532
yes.
>>
>>92871370
Really good, one of the few webcomics I still follow.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.