[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Cartoon Pitch For Nickelodeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Wave9.1.png (207KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Wave9.1.png
207KB, 3000x2000px
I'm making currently producing a couple of shorts as a proof of concept for my pitch for a potential new cartoon for Nickelodeon (I'm working there as an intern) called 'The Crazy World of Myrtle' a show where in anything can happen.

The show features Myrtle, a last of her kind living with a supervillian named Hoodknight in a random world that leads itself to endless possibilities.

I'm wondering if you guys could give me pointers for this pitch.
>>
From the thumbnail I thought it was a girl in a purple outfit with white hair and boots jumping with some truly humongous titties.

Make that show OP.
>>
File: W7.1.png (429KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
W7.1.png
429KB, 3000x2000px
A character haunting Percy in one of the shorts I'm making
>>
Give up while you're behind
>>
>>92865239
Vaguely remember you anon
Good luck

Make it like a 5 min short or something I guess I dunno
>>
File: W6.1.png (171KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
W6.1.png
171KB, 3000x2000px
Percy
>>
>>92865239
No offense, but that sounds boring as shit. It's just another Adventure Time.
>>
File: HK.png (121KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
HK.png
121KB, 3000x2000px
Hoodknight
>>
>>92865345
How is it another Adventure Time
>>
>>92865330
Didn't notice until I saw this picture, but the incomplete circles and imperfect line matching is horrible, jarring, and amateurish. It's not prominent enough and doesn't look good enough to be a stylistic choice so it just looks like you suck at line work.
>>
>>92865415
Okay, I an fix that soon
>>
File: HKM.png (117KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
HKM.png
117KB, 3000x2000px
>>
What the heck is this?
>>
>>92865239
it's not gonna be a successful pitch I'll tell you that.
>>
hire a better artist
>>
Getting the inspiration from Problem Solverz may not be the best thing if you want the show to be barely something at all.
>>
>>92866143
But this isn't Problem Solverz
>>
nice thread
>>
Just gonna say it, your art is subpar. You need to work on your skills as an artist before letting this idea anywhere near Nickelodeon execs.

You need to work on your character design first of all. Almost all of the characters are blobs with eyes. Granted, there are decent cartoon characters out there that are blobs with eyes, but your designs just seem lazy. Also, there are a lot of inconsistencies with your superhero character between pictures. Did you draw up any reference sheets?

There is also no depth in the character designs or the backgrounds. About half of the things in your picture are shaded, and the color scheme is too contrasting and is a pain on the eyes. It looks as if the characters are paper cutouts on a 2d plane without any depth to them, which is something to avoid in a cartoon with dynamic action.

One more thing, the "random world" trope has already been done to death in cartoons. I would suggest changing your premise to something else for a better chance at being noticed.
>>
File: image.png (182KB, 376x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
182KB, 376x356px
how did you get hired
>>
There is a good podcast called "Make it then tell everyone" where comic artists and illustrators talk about how they broke into the industry. I really suggest you'd listen to a few of them so you'd get a realistic sense of how things are.
>>
>>92867224
What's wrong with the random world trope
>>
>>92867413
Because there are already a ton of cartoons that use that trope out there, and a ton more failed pilots that use that trope.

Basically now that the trend of random world cartoons is in full swing, it'll be hard for you to make your project stand out amongst the tidal wave of incoming pilots that will most have the same tired premise.

It's also a pretty lazy way to build your world if there is no logic behind it
>>
>>92868047
This. The random world thing sounds really lazy. Try developing your world rather than just applying "it can do anything". The valiant character design and world structure of Elmore is what makes Gumball so special. There are many things that make up a show.
The character design is really weak. Study art, animation and the such. Study what makes your world and characters really bloom out from the rest. If you don't take these tips, you might just get rejected.

Ergo, I've been working on a series since 2004 that I wanted to pitch to CN as well and yet i'm still working on it slowly.
>>
>>92867225
Anyone can get an intern job.
However, this anon has been autistically shilling his cartoon nonstop on this board.
>>
pussy pussy pussy marijuana juana
pussy pussy pussy marijuana
pussy pussy pussy marijuana im gonna eat alien pussy
>>
>>92865239
>>92865284
>>92865330
>>92865373
>>92865492
>3000x2000
This smells like timbox...
>>
>>92865239
I don't get it. What's the appeal? Where's the heart?

I don't think this is your best work & I don't even know you.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.