/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't we seen a government response yet in SU.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 16+-+1.png (132KB, 540x341px) Image search: [Google]
16+-+1.png
132KB, 540x341px
Why haven't we seen a government response yet in SU.
>>
>>92862999
And we never will, because that would not only require humans in Steven Universe to display a competence uncharacteristic of them, but would also require the writers to move the plot forward at something faster than a snails pace as a new faction gets involved.
>>
>>92862999
Complacency is a trait of humanity. Zoomans are just an extreme example but it's what they're all like.
>>
File: a40.gif (3MB, 322x281px) Image search: [Google]
a40.gif
3MB, 322x281px
Because human governments are always boring to alien stories and derail everything.
Just look at Transformers.
>>
>>92863240
>He doesn't think that Transformers 1 wouldn't be fucking radical if it was just the military hanging out with the Autobots
>>
>>92863240
>always boring
>Men in Black
>XCOM
>implying any organization could derail the story any worse than the thousands of Townie episodes.
>>
>>92863299
That's... what it was. We spent more time with the US government and military than with the Cybertronians. And it sucked.

Revenge of the Fallen was just that again with worse writing and about a hour's worth of stupid Shia shenanigans to break it up.

Dark of the Moon was Revenge of the Fallen but with stupid "first day on the job" hijinks instead of college ones... and a slightly better script.

I'll admit I didn't see the fourth one.
>>
>>92863314
Men in Black and XCOM are all about the alien policing governments though.
>>
>>92862999
Because they add nothing to the story other than being fodder for the bad guy to kick around.

The military can't out shine the the protagonists because that defeats the purpose of said show/movie. At best the military can buy time, give the heroes an edge to win.

And given the world of SU where apperantly no wars ever happened. It lacks the tech/man power to make immediate responses as there were never any rival super powers/ threats to national security to warrant it.
>>
>>92862999
Yeah, seriously. After all the shit that's gone down you'd expect some response from the world outside of Beach City. Hell, even the citizenry of Beach City don't react to the crazy deadly shit happening half the time, and it's happening literally next door! I'm not even talking about calling in the army or something equally drastical, but just any sort of acknowledgement from anyone would be nice.
>>
>>92863756
>no wars ever happened
impossible. a world history without wars would so drastically different as to render the world unrecognizable. It would render so many technologies and other things anachronistic in the world of SU; dogcopter, the united states, samurai...
>>
>>92862999
The same reason that the Criminal Justice system in capeshit never seems to execute or kill repeated mass murderers and costumed terrorists.

The drama is between the Gems and the Gem antagonists, not humans or human militaries.
>>
>>92862999
The gems have been hunting down corrupted gems for thousands of years. Corrupted gems are mainly found around warp pads if they're not on their way to one, most of which are isolated locations. The government most likely knows about the gems, they just don't have a reason or the means to help since they can solve their own problems.
>>
>>92862999
The same reason why military forces are a running joke in godzilla movies.
Everyone knows what's going to happen, so it's pointless to even go there.
>>
File: 1488158933334.jpg (102KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1488158933334.jpg
102KB, 370x370px
>>92862999

Just walk away, we all know its dumb as fuck, no one whats to hear the 100+ reused excuses and theories as to why those things too retarded to live are suppost to be human beings, just let it go, or at least, don't make another thread about it, go to their general for those questions, god knows they need something to talk about
>>
>>92862999
SU has some of the worst writing I've ever encountered in a CN show.
>>
File: tumblr_nwc3s2W1PU1tvgk2no1_1280.jpg (598KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwc3s2W1PU1tvgk2no1_1280.jpg
598KB, 1280x960px
At this I have a head canon that the SU actually takes place in the Invader Zim Universe and that a majority of mankind is too stupid to notice or acknowledge the weird alien shit going on.
>>
File: 1467647453422.jpg (496KB, 1280x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1467647453422.jpg
496KB, 1280x1084px
>>92865002
Yikes so much misspelling. Sorry folks

At this point*
>>
>>92864205

Tell that to the geniuses that decided not to have a WW2 in their story.
>>
>>92863314
Those are both about the humans. And one is a video game. Any show that's supposed to be about the aliens (or whatever) always goes to shit when they introduce too much human stuff.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.