[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /co/ really hate the Joker or is it a love-hate kind of thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: spaghetti.webm (3MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
spaghetti.webm
3MB, 1200x500px
Does /co/ really hate the Joker or is it a love-hate kind of thing?
>>
We hate that he's so overused and that this overused-ness has brought about some pretty terrible writing for the character.
>>
File: albert wesker is a joker fan.png (375KB, 895x281px) Image search: [Google]
albert wesker is a joker fan.png
375KB, 895x281px
>>
>>92859137>>92859182

/co/ is not one person you fucking newfags
>>
Joker is one of the most uninteresting characters in comics. There's no longer anything interesting or unique you can do with him, same as Batman - the long-term effects of overexposure.

People that dream to write or draw Batman are sad, unimaginative individuals. If I was in Sean Murphy's position, the last thing I'd draw as my 'dream book' is another fucking Batfag story
>>
File: BM_66_Cv20.jpg (295KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BM_66_Cv20.jpg
295KB, 790x1200px
>>92859137
Joker is overused as fuck but I like him
And I want to see more of Leto, with a good script next time
>>
>>92859137
you're gonna get yourself hurt, OP
>>
File: jerk.png (4MB, 1500x1895px) Image search: [Google]
jerk.png
4MB, 1500x1895px
>>92859801
Why are you so buttflustered?
>>
>>92859137
He is more popular than my favorite villian so i must hate him
>>92859182
>oversused

Bullshit. Morrison used him 4 times in his WHOLE run (bullet in the face, funeral story, rip, and detective joker). Snyder used him 3 times.

That's literally all what we have seen the joker in 11 years.
>>92859801
>People that dream to write or draw Batman are sad, unimaginative individual

Like Neil Gaiman.
>>
>>92859957
This.

Harley is the one who's being overused anyway. She shows up in literally every title/animated feature/movie/etc.

Joker always shows up for no more than 5-6 issues then we don't see him for a year or two.
>>
I don't hate the Joker in theory. The idea of a completely batshit criminal who only does stuff to amuse themselves can be compelling if done correctly. The problem with the Joker is that he's a vessel for lazy writing, all a shitty comic writer has to do is come up with some edgy bullshit and tack on a "BECAUSE IT'S A JOOOOOOOOKE!" to it and they think they've come up with some groundbreaking story and that they've completely reinvented the Joker.
>>
>>92859928
>tips Hot Topic Ledger Joker cap
>>
>>92859137

He's like salt: use sparingly.
>>
>>92860060

It's just
>>92860084
It's not lazy writers, it's just that many of them have that story in mind for YEARS. Stuff like Batman Europa are in the minds of creatives for a long time, so when they finally have the change to do it someone else already did something similar and instead of changing it they just turn the dial to 11. It's not lazyness, it's just being proud manchildren that don't want to quit or leave their "untold" story untold.
>>
File: PHspELLP71Hjws_1_l.jpg (55KB, 826x551px) Image search: [Google]
PHspELLP71Hjws_1_l.jpg
55KB, 826x551px
...is this some sort of weird double-contrarianism?

"It's popular to hate Joker because he's overexposed and popular, so I'm gonna hate that you hate it!"
>>
/co/ just hates anything popular.

Theyre just a bunch of kids in their 20s who try really hard to impress everyone with how smart they are. Its "cool" to hate popular things. Ask them how they feel about Harley Quinn. Or Marvel movies. Half of you are being triggered reading this right now. You know I'm right.
>>
File: 1496136356861.jpg (134KB, 1100x618px) Image search: [Google]
1496136356861.jpg
134KB, 1100x618px
>>92859137

I love Leto's Joker. He's basically a slightly younger version of TDKR Joker with a gangster slant. I'm really looking forwards to seeing him and Batfleck face off.

I think my favorite scene of SS was him jumping into the vats after nearly convincing himself to leave Harley as a tied up loose end.
>>
>>92859137
I can't stop thinking of Bugs Bunny when i see this Joker.
>>
I love the goofy clown Joker who uses squirting flowers snd hand buzzers and other lame schtick. Cant stand any of that tryhard modern shit.
>>
>>92859137
Depends. Which Joker?

Can't speak for all of /co/, I personally hate him when his shtick's all "hoho i'm so crazy and evil".

Need more than that. BTAS/Dini Joker was actually funny, Morrison's was (while maximum edge) handled in a genuinely creative way, TDK and Killing Joke Joker (while being overrated as hell) were respectively a sort of maniacal anarchist and a deluded nihilist.

Snyder's looked like it was getting somewhere with the multiple versions thing in his Endgame arc, but he wasn't nearly good enough as a writer to pull the concept off. Leto's...I just can't take him seriously. Don't mean in the sense that a Joker needs to be serious to be good, just that every time I see that fucking DAMAGED I cringe.
>>
I just want someone small to get the Freeze treatment and become an actual threat/high level villain instead of just rehasing the same games again and again.

Like Calandar Man or something. They seem to like teasing him being something of note in stuff like Long Halloween and the Arkham Games, but they never want to follow up.
>>
>>92859137
Damaged is unironically my favorite Joker.
>>
>>92860610
Dc gonna be doing a joker harley romcom in batman film
>>
He's just boring. Never been into the wacky "I'm all about CHAOS!" type of characters. There are stories and versions I enjoy but most of the modern Joker stuff is dumb.

Also I've always hated clowns. I don't know why, I just fucking hate them. Fucking clowns.
>>
>>92860797
>I personally hate him when his shtick's all "hoho i'm so crazy and evil".
>Need more than that. BTAS/Dini Joker was actually funny, Morrison's was (while maximum edge) handled in a genuinely creative way, TDK and Killing Joke Joker (while being overrated as hell) were respectively a sort of maniacal anarchist and a deluded nihilist.
Basically this. Joker in his base form isn't terribly interesting so you need actual creativity or a damn good performance to make it work.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.