[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Ditko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Steve_Ditko.jpg (64KB, 420x397px) Image search: [Google]
Steve_Ditko.jpg
64KB, 420x397px
Was it Atheism?
>>
>>92856665
Objectism.

Honestly though, morals are relative.
>>
File: randworld.png (111KB, 467x311px) Image search: [Google]
randworld.png
111KB, 467x311px
What's the difference between objectism and libertarianism?
>>
>>92856900
Ones a moral code and the others political?
>>
>>92856846
>Objectism.
Wouldn't that make him an atheist though?
>>
File: ditko-stanton.png (2MB, 960x1351px)
ditko-stanton.png
2MB, 960x1351px
>>92856665
Reminder that Ditko helped Eric Stanton with his femdom art
>>
How the hell did the objectivist Ditko end up working with the left of center Lee?
>>
>>92857147
Zack Snyder is a devoted Christian and an objectivist.
>>
>>92857539
Ditko became an objectivist during/after working with Lee.
>>
>>92856900

Objectivism is a philosophy, Libertarianism is applying the philosophy to an economic model.
>>
>>92857539

Because in an adult world human beings with different political beliefs can work together and even go so far as to form relationships!

Ditko and Lee admittedly aren't the best example
>>
>>92858306
Damn. Is Lee such an annoying liberal he makes people lean right?
>>
>>92858373

Please stop ruining this board.
>>
>>92858400
>Getting this irritated over a silly joke

Damn relax. I'm not /pol/
>>
File: ditko 1.jpg (71KB, 1024x768px)
ditko 1.jpg
71KB, 1024x768px
Whatta guy
>>
Ditko was always a recluse and a weirdo.
Stan's biggest contribution to comics was getting readers hyped about creators and being able to directly communicate with them.
Kirby, Buscema, and everybody else involved with Marvel would engage the public...but Ditko would sneak out of his office when Stan brought visitors through and would refuse to participate in other fan-related things like the MMMS.
The man is still alive yet to this day cloisters himself away like the freaking Wizard of Oz or something.

He's a bitter old nut and just like Kirby but with a more political slant, his slide into dementia and paranoia started as early as the 70s.

Not at all knocking his skills as a storyteller and an artist. The man is a legend and rightly so, but damn, most of these guys degrade into crazies pretty quick.
>>
>>92858483
At least he replied
>>
File: ootw7.jpg (499KB, 1045x1600px)
ootw7.jpg
499KB, 1045x1600px
>ywn live in a universe where the main rival to Marvel is DC (Ditko Comics)
>>
doesn't he have tons of original art that he just uses for coasters or something rather than sell/show them?
>>
>>92858483
So can any shithead just write a letter to Ditko and get a letter back? Looks like a really cheap way to get an autograph.
>>
>>92858636
Neil Gaiman barely got permission to talk to the guy.
>>
>>92858636

Yea he'll respond to mail
>>
>>92858632
Yeah. He has a massive stack of originals sitting in a corner. I think one thing I saw said he was using original art as cutting boards.
>>
>>92860859
>>92858632
No it's an urban legend.

>An article in a 2002 issue of Wizard magazine included an anecdote by artist Greg Theakston about a visit to Ditko's studio where Theakston observed that the back of a page of Ditko-drawn original art looked to him like had been used as a cutting board.

>In 2008, Theakston said, “This thing has been blown way out of proportion. On occasion, I’ve used the backs of old paintings as cutting boards. I’m sure lots of artists do the same, so it really doesn’t allow us a deeper view of the Mysterious Stranger, simply an artist at work. The 'cutting board' story has grown in the minds of fans to the point that many assume Ditko is cutting (or destroying) his beloved Spider-Man artwork, when there is no evidence for that belief."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.