[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Juniper Lee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 0010100101001.jpg (42KB, 733x540px) Image search: [Google]
0010100101001.jpg
42KB, 733x540px
What the fuck was her problem?
>>
Being the protagonist of a mediocre show.
>>
>>92853961
Try Terrible show. Juniper Lee herself literally whined out every single line the script gave her or complained about anything and everything.

She was nigh unsympathetic and this old bitch was largely to blame when she dumps a tremendous responsibility of "You're now basically the entire world's guardian from supernatural scary stuff," and is hardly shown to train Juniper or even be seen giving out sage advice. While Juniper Lee is a total whiner, she kinda has a legitimate reason to complain about *this* and Granny's entire response amounts to "Tough shit, kiddo; ain't my problem anymore" early on in the show.

This is presented as a joke, more or less, rather than be a central issue in the narrative. If it was part of the conflict that the earth's guardian has a shitty old bag for a mentor, that'd be one thing, but they botched the presentation that she's literally too old to be doing the guardian bit anymore by making her come off as uncaring to what she's putting her granddaughter through.
>>
>>92854167
>"You're now basically the entire world's guardian from supernatural scary stuff,"
Not even that
She was the protector of the town. She can't even leave town because there is a bullshit barrier.
>>
>>92854213
My point remains that from what I saw of the show, she was pretty callous about how this is all now her granddaughter's responsibility, made worse when according to wiki Juniper was 11 and not even a real teenager, and she has no help from granny here, all her magical talking dog did was lecture her, her little brother is too young to be truly helpful (though god bless him for having a good attitude for all this) and the rest of her family is purposely kept in the dark about anything supernatural so they would never understand why Juniper is so stressed/having a hard time balancing all this with school. And you're saying she could never leave the town, too?

I realize the next time some monster starts tearing shit up could come at any moment, so she has to be prepared *right now* but give the girl *some* kind of moral support rather than cold bemusement about how she is having problems coping with this crap.
>>
>>92854390
>her little brother is too young to be truly helpful (though god bless him for having a good attitude for all this)
Yeah, no. Ray ray was a annoying little shit that only caused his sister more trouble. The whole "annoying little kid that follows the hero around, even though they told them to stay put and out of danger" trope is incredibly frustrating.
Fuck you Jade.
>>
>>92854167
>implying children don't complain about anything and everyone

Ok here's the lowdown on this the problem is that her role as a Guardian was to be only given to adults, it was suppose to go to her father but it skipped a generation. This is a very rare situation that has happened essential June has to sacrifice her social life and her parent's trust to protect a magical world that humans are not suppose to know about. I don't know about you but it had to go through that hell I'd be pretty bitter and moody as well.
>>
>>92855186
Yeah, i never liked him, her friends were annoying as well.
>>
>>92855540
The Jewess girl was okay I guess.
>>
>>92854390
>Juniper was 11

its funny to think that juniper was younger than Mabel .
>>
>>92855191
I'm not saying that that situation isn't sympathetic, because it is. Her life has been effectively ruined.

I'm saying that because on a meta level *Every.Single.Line.* Juniper Lee delivers is a complaint--in a really annoying tone of voice or dripping with banal sarcasm-- she comes off as incredibly whiny instead of being overwhelmed. The show's delivery and presentation doesn't lend to making her sympathetic even if she is in a terrible situation that adults aren't properly giving a damn about.

I guess if she wasn't complaining or being a verbal hot head, it would look more like she's stuck in an abusive situation, which would be *worse* but there are ways that the show could have been written so it's not a lose-lose situation behind the scenes.
>>
I enjoyed Juniper Lee but it might've been because of its raw potential. Of the two 'Chinese-American kids fight monsters and solve fantasy problems' shows this one was more appealing to me. But they were both pretty mediocre and very much skippable imo. Probably on the same level too. With tighter story telling and characterization either show coming out today would probably excel.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.