[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: following.png (319KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
following.png
319KB, 1000x333px
Tonight, we just have a normal conversation between friends, where nothing unusual happens at all. Nope. Not a thing.

It's Ecclesiastes 2:14, to save people a Google search. I have no idea what the passage's context is though.
>>
>>92845526
What a shocking twist!

Also do people really walk around quoting the bible at opportune moments? I feel like I'm missing out.
>>
>>92845526
So according to google the passage ends with "Yet I saw the same fate took them both."

What could it mean?
>>
>>92845526
Damn, >>92811753 nailed it right away yesterday. Willy must be taking surprise-twist lessons from Shyamalan.
>>
>>92845630

It means Willis doesn't know shit about the bible.
>>
>>92845586
It's nice when you need something inspiring or menacing to say.
>>
>>92845526
That's only a fucking fragment of the verse too; the next sentence in it is "but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both".
>>
>>92845676
No it means Ryan's character picks and chooses bible verses when they suit him.
>>
>>92845526
Did I not call this? Because I fucking called this. I fucking called that Ryan was going to pop up.

Anyways, I see Ryan is holding something in his hand, which is either his phone or some kind of a pen knife. Either way, this whole development has been moving so slowly that I've almost stopped caring entirely. I'd almost be GLAD if something of interest happened at this point. But as far as I can tell, we'll probably get a fake-out where it looks like Ryan is posturing to attack, but he just wants to talk to Dorothy about finding Amazi-Girl.

Also, here are five separate translations:
>The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realize that the same fate overtakes them both.
>The wise person has his eyes in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I perceived that the same event happens to all of them.
>The wise man's eyes are in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I know that one fate befalls them both.
>The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
>The wise man has eyes in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. Yet I also knew that one fate comes to them both.

>>92845675
It only made sense, given how Ryan was set up earlier. Hell, it might have been more effective a reveal if THIS is how Ryan found Dorothy; the broad-daylight reveals earlier in the comic were too blatant to truly be effective.

It's like in horror movies. You aren't supposed to reveal the monster or the slasher as soon as he exists; you build up the figure piece by piece until you have no choice but to show him outright. And even then, you keep him hidden as much as possible.
>>
>>92845526
>>92845630
>So I turned to consider wisdom, madness and folly; for what will the man do who will come after the king except what has already been done?
>And I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
>The wise man’s eyes are in his head, but the fool walks in darkness. And yet I know that one fate befalls them both.
>Then I said to myself, “As is the fate of the fool, it will also befall me. Why then have I been extremely wise?” So I said to myself, “This too is vanity.”
>For there is no lasting remembrance of the wise man as with the fool, inasmuch as in the coming days all will be forgotten. And how the wise man and the fool alike die!
>So I hated life, for the work which had been done under the sun was grievous to me; because everything is futility and striving after wind.

Basically it's saying that there's no point in being all smart and wise and shit if you don't accept Jesus, because you're only gonna go to Hell just like the literal retards who also don't accept Jesus.

So, in other words, it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the scene Willis put it into.
>>
>>92846042
>So, in other words, it has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the scene Willis put it into.
No, no, don't you see? Amber and Dorothy are literally standing in the dark right now, so that makes it COMPLETELY relevant.
>>
File: literallyryannow.png (2MB, 1903x899px) Image search: [Google]
literallyryannow.png
2MB, 1903x899px
>>92845526

It took me a moment, but I knew that the last panel reminded me of something. Guess Ryan's a straight-up supervillain now, huh.
>>
>>92845526
>Rapin' Ryan coming in with a Bible Verse
Muggah, who you think you are, Sam Jackson?
>>
File: 2017-05-06-presidential[1].png (365KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-06-presidential[1].png
365KB, 1000x333px
>>92845526
I find the "someone was following you line" to be kinda lame. Makes her seem like she was being a detective rather than noticing some dude. And in either case, why not hurry inside instead of trading dumb breakup quips.

As for "Ryan," his scar looks different. Also, I think that's his phone in his hand judging from his last appearance. I'm guessing Amber won't want to give away her identity so she won't just kick his ass?
>>
>>92846307
Ah, yeah, thanks for the color reference. I thought it was his phone as well.

Commenters on Patreon are losing their goddamn minds with PTSD and trigger warnings because they think it's a switchblade.
>>
>>92846307
>I'm guessing Amber won't want to give away her identity so she won't just kick his ass?
Hence why I'm going to bet that there's a fake-out where Ryan just wants to talk to Dorothy. Amber will be like "Get out before I fuck you up" and Ryan's like "You're too skinny to be Amazi-Girl" or something.

>>92846409
In that case, we better save the current strip before Willis redraws it to be more blatantly a phone.
>>
>>92846629
>before Willis redraws it to be more blatantly a phone
Maybe he'll pull a Spielberg and make it a walkie-talkie
>>
File: c2d.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
c2d.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>>92845526
>it's another willis is a predictable hack writer episode.
>>
>>92845526
If I was making this comic, the next strip would be Ryan approaching them, pleading for them to stop their social media crusade against them.

>Dorothy: You did a terrible thing, why should we give this up!?
>Amber: Yeah!
>Ryan: I know what I did was bad, but I must be able to make up for it somehow!

Amber and Dorothy look at each other, sharing a knowing glance
>D: Well...
They sidle up to him, Amber traces her index finger in circles along his chest, Dorothy pulls back his hood.
>D: My friend here had a breakup recently, and she could use some... consoling.
>A: Yeah, I'm totally crushed, I could really use a distraction.
Her hand runs down his body to his crotch.
>A: Do a good enough job and we'll take the page down.
>D (leaning in for a kiss): And don't forget about me daddy...

>R (after the kiss): Wow, this is way easier than I'm used to...

And then you cut to reality and he's concussed and bleeding (again) after getting kicked down the flight of stairs by Amber. And you just gloss over all of the cast's dumb choices and put him in jail, because it turns out he had drugs and a weapon on him.

With Willis, though, I imagine we have a long time to go still on this ever getting wrapped up.
>>
>>92845526
Well can't say i'm surprised that he showed up at this moment. But now I am intrigued as to what happens next, whether he tries to outright murder them or whatever. Also a bible verse? really maniacal right there. Inb4 we switch scenes for no reason next strip
>>
File: Ryan's Many Faces.png (1MB, 699x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Ryan's Many Faces.png
1MB, 699x1023px
>>92845526
WHIPLASH. So many different scenes the past few days. I know we had Amber and Dorothy yesterday, but this is exhausting.

I didn't know Joyce mangled his left hand, too. It looks like a monster.

>>92845586
He's a pastor's son, which he used as a point of connection with Joyce. He quoted a verse or two, then said his mom sent him one that was "something about Jesus" (but if you look it up, it's a warning).

>>92845904
I really want him to recognize Amazi-Girl and spread her secret to everyone on campus.

>>92846042
Willis is a lazy hack. Who is the person speaking in this passage?

>>92846307
It's hard to tell when Amber noticed that Dorothy was followed.
>>
>>92845526
You and your fucking problems Amber. Just go find Danny and bang him (again) already. Or not, since Ethen is probably gonna fuck him and ruin yet another chance at a relationship for you. So maybe you should just straight up kill Ryan now that he's right here. Not like the authorities will do anything In this wacky world of Willis, since they will just say he "deserved it" for being a evil rapist.
>>
File: New Scarface.png (103KB, 446x180px) Image search: [Google]
New Scarface.png
103KB, 446x180px
>>92846307
>>
>>92845630
It means IT'S RAPIN' TIME!
>>
>>92846042
I bet that Willis didn't even give a shit about the context because the quote "just works" with this scene. Or he did know the context and thought his fanbase was too retarded to ever think to ACTUALLY look it up (you know people like Cerburis in his fanbase).
>>
>>92848213
He probably has something very specific in mind or will pretend to when people accuse him of using the quote badly.
>>
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/160816616292/how-much-more-comfortable-are-you-drawing-dudes-in

>Oh, I’ve never felt *uncomfortable* drawing naked dudes. I have drawn actual naked people standing in front of me, for school, wing-wangs and hoohahs and everything. Honestly, it feels a little less uncomfortable than drawing ladies, because there’s still this remnant of sexual shame when I’m drawing anything I’m attracted to. Drawing a man-person is relatively clinical.

>In another sense, however, I have grown a larger sense of inadequacy regarding drawing SEXY naked dudes over time. Like, remember that old “False Equivalency” Shortpacked! strip where Amber holds up the art of Batman drawn in a way that she finds appealing that runs counter to how he’s usually portrayed? Like, that holds true for me, too. I can fall into a rut of “draw He-Man” when trying to draw a sexy dude, because I have no context in my brain for “this is how to make a dude look hot,” and I have to look to cues from other people to guide me.

>And that’s where the difficulty comes in, because my brain already knows instinctively how to draw the contours on a lady hip in a way that pleases me, but I just keep learning so much more every day about how much LESS I know about drawing other genders. After all, I’m not just trying to draw an anatomically-correct person, I’m trying to, you know, make them pleasing in a certain way that’s related but not parallel. And that’s a learning curve that feels like it gets more steep as your knowledge of your lack-of-knowledge expands.
>>
>>92846042
It's Old Testament, though.
>>
>>92849384
the old testament was just a set up for jesus though.

also it's about heeding God in general, not just Jesus
>>
>>92846307
>>92846409
His fist is closed, you can't hold a phone like that unless you crumple it up in a stick.
But this is willis ""art"" so it is more than possible that he just couldn't draw that.
>>
>>92850454
If you look closely there is a line running down the middle of whatever is in his hand. It's entirely possible that it's supposed to be a butterfly knife since Willis set everything up in a way that mostly precludes the police being able to do anything.

>>92849841
It's also about letting go of your ego.
>>
>>92849174

>I can fall into a rut of “draw He-Man” when trying to draw a sexy dude, because I have no context in my brain for “this is how to make a dude look hot,”

What's wrong with drawing a man like that? Your false equivalency strip was a pile of horseshit, not every woman thinks a fucking ladyboy twink is sexy. Stop trying to be different to be different.

>...how much LESS I know about drawing the other gender

ftfy
>>
>>92850454
The way I was seeing it, I thought he had his hand in a fist shape around the phone, with the phone being mostly parallel to the ground. This would look similar to a fist without quite being one, and also cover most of the screen (although now that I look it shouldn't cover up as much as it is with the size of his hand in the previous appearance).

But, yeah it could be something else too.
>>
>>92846409
>Commenters on Patreon are losing their goddamn minds with PTSD and trigger warnings because they think it's a switchblade.

What, do they think Ryan's dumb enough to attack two people, in public, RIGHT ON THE DOORWAY OF A DORM where people can and will be coming out at all hours?

[remembers who's writing this]

You know what? Scratch that. Bad writing is a reasonable fear to have here.
>>
>>92853399
What is a stabbing but a rape with a thin metal dildo?
>>
>>92849174
>I have drawn actual naked people standing in front of me, for school
Oh, so THAT'S why Willis dropped out of college.
>>
>>92853399
Can't anyone post the link to >>92846217
where it is clearly a cell phone.
>>
File: image.png (391KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391KB, 1000x333px
Dina must have pretty good upper body strength to just walk with her arm out like that and drag someone across the floor.
>>
>>92854350
With that strength, she must have also ended up gouging out Joyce's eyes with her fingers.
>>
>>92854640
Joyce has routinely shown extensive upper body strength in DoA. If only we could get a knock down, drag out fight across campus between the two over Joyce trying to keep Becky pure and Dina trying to go wrist deep.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.