[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

What I never understood is how did they make the Grim Reaper, Death himself, some Jamaican sounding rasta motherfucker? Who would even come up with that shit.
>>
Jamaican voodoo witch doctors are an old trope. Though they originally planned him to be British.
>>
>>92841709
Why not.
>>
>>92841709
Probably something the VA did for fun one take and people liked it.
>>
>>92841709
Per Frederator's 107 facts video, the actor was trying to sound Swedish because of The Seventh Seal, but his accent was so bad it sounded kinda Jamaican. And they thought that was funny enough to have him actually do a Jamaican accent.
>>
>>92841709
he was suppose to be British

but after Maxwell Atoms heard the VA do a read of Grim in that style he was sold
>>
He played limbo in the Pilot.

also why was he white when he got turned human? Also that episode was a missed opportunity.
>>
>>92841891
There would probably have been a lot of bad PR if they made Death a black man who carries a weapon at all times on his person
>>
>>92841847
This. Grim was originally gonna be British, but then his VA decided to try a different take, everyone liked it, it stuck.
>>
File: 1440952945517.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1440952945517.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>92841891
He's basically a slave to two shitty white kids who treat him like crap. If they straight-up made him black instead of just letting him be a Jamaican-sounding skeleton, that would've stirred up a lot of negative connotations with the show's premise.
>>
>>92841709
Because he lived in Limbo
>>
File: grim va.jpg (70KB, 640x988px) Image search: [Google]
grim va.jpg
70KB, 640x988px
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.