[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3185.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3185.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?
>>
>>92841331
gets TOADsted?
>>
I don't know. What?
>>
>>92841331
I watched Honest Trailers today too.
>>
It gets huge?
>>
>>92841331
OP goes full retard and creates a cancer theard. Again.
>>
>>92841331
There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with this joke

All you spergs who expect a pun are retarded.
She's saying how powerful lightning is.
That's the joke.
That there is no punchline.
Lightning just fucks everything up

It's one of those jokes that are a joke because it's not a joke
>A man gets into a car crash. What was the last thing through his mind?
>The steering wheel

Same type of joke.
>>
File: friggin frogs gay.jpg (26KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
friggin frogs gay.jpg
26KB, 1280x720px
IT TURNS THE FRIGGIN' FROGS GAY!
>>
>>92841693
People just mock it because it sounds out of place. Originally Toad was supposed to be a lot more chatty and annoying and spout random frog facts every time he showed up, this scene was meant to be a STFU to Toad. But because they cut out all of those lines it doesn't have the build up and falls flat.
>>
>>92841331
>When you write an entire script draft and that's the only line that gets used.

Being Whedon is suffering.
>>
>>92841908
>But because they cut out all of those lines it doesn't have the build up and falls flat.
How?
It's just a boast
You don't elaborate set up for someone to blow someone up and say something cocky
>>
>>92841966
Because it wasn't written to be a boast, it's specifically meant as a fuck you to Toad for being a mouthy asshole. At no other point in the movies does Storm just start bragging out of nowhere like that because no other character sets her up to do so like Toad was meant to,
>>
File: ZINGO.png (152KB, 639x348px) Image search: [Google]
ZINGO.png
152KB, 639x348px
>>92841331

It croaks?
>>
File: 1hozi8.jpg (75KB, 1250x581px) Image search: [Google]
1hozi8.jpg
75KB, 1250x581px
>>92841846
Wrong!
>>
>>92841693
No, see, that joke is a joke...it has a punchline
The humor is in the fact that people associate the mind with the human head, a steering wheel can't go through your mind, but it might go through your head in a car crash

That is where the humor comes from, the punchline in unexpected, punchlines are meant to take you by surprise, there is no joke in the line OP is quoting
>>
>>92841331
It becomes Throg
>>
>>92844113
Anti humor is where the joke is the subversion of the expectation of a punch line.

Why'd the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side.
>>
File: 1495314165618.gif (366KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495314165618.gif
366KB, 600x600px
>>92841331
>>
>>92841966
But that's the point, out of context it's a completely random thing for Storm to say. But if Toad had spent the whole movie boasting about how great his powers are, as had been in the original script, it makes sense because she's telling an obnoxious douche to shut up about his mediocre powers.
>>
what a shit movie. can i use this thread to rant about that shit movie? fuck brian singer. literally the only two things that move had going for it was hugh jackman being cast as wolverine (even though he was too tall) and patrick stewart being cast as professor x (even though he is not american). every other character was miscast and mischaracterized. the "x-men" were apparently three people; two girls and one guy; maybe they should have called themselves the "x-girls". then theyd get 100% on rotten tomatoes. i think i hate most how the movie just wasted sabertooth. if all they needed was a dumb brutish henchman, they should have used barbarus or some shit. i cant believe we have been stuck with this shit for 17 years and they still wont cleanly reboot it.
>>
>>92841966
He spent the whole movie going "did you know that toads...?". The joke is that she was mocking his habit by giving her own "toad fact".
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.