[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is 2007-2012 considered a dark age for Nick and cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: The 2000s.jpg (119KB, 1080x1040px) Image search: [Google]
The 2000s.jpg
119KB, 1080x1040px
I've been reading on the Internet that people consider the mid to late 2000s and early 2010s (2007-2012) to be a bad time for cartoons. Why do people say that? They had great shows at this time like Catscratch, The X's, El Tigre, Mighty B!, Wayside, Making Fiends, TUFF Puppy, Planet Sheen Robot and Monster etc. I'm honestly really confused. It also offends me because that time was in my childhood. Would people prefer Nick today? They don't have nearly as much variety of excitement as they used to, would you guys rather watch Breadwinners or Bunsen Is A Beast? If someone would please tell me what made the mid to late 2000s bad, I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
At that time, the majority of the cartoons from companies like Disney Channel and WB were basically like what the current Nicktoons are, if you know what I mean. Nowadays, most cartoon distributors are now turning out material that is capable of appealing to diverse audiences - except Nick, which most people can agree is only falling deeper into the rut they started digging 10 years ago.
>>
>>92837605
>Proud family
holy shit
>>
Well, the way I understand it, it is generally viewed as an era that largely played it safe, with most of the shows and movies that come to mind being either forgettable or otherwise mediocre in various ways.. That being said, every era is like that to one extent or another when you get down to it.
>>
>>92837605
They got so many of these colors wrong.
>>
File: out this b17ch.jpg (91KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
out this b17ch.jpg
91KB, 960x720px
>>92837605
post the better version next time
>>
>>92837802
Bear in mind that budget class tshirts like these usually print with a only handful of colors, if not just black and/or white. The fact that this one got away with seven colors means they actually put some extra cash in the printing.
>>
So is this OP just a gigantic shitpost bait? Is that why a bunch of millenials are pretending they are "90's" kids when they were born in 1999 and didn't even have a "chilhood" until 2005?
>>
>>92837605
Not to be a nitpick but wouldn't the class of 2018 have the last 90s class because it contains the last bit of 1999?
>>
>>92838087
But mandy literally had pink hair, courage's fur color should by mandy's hair, and blonde is an established color as well becasue you can look at arnold's hair.

Your excuse is shit for poor quality and a bunch of posers memeing.
>>
File: VJWVLGp.jpg (54KB, 640x1065px) Image search: [Google]
VJWVLGp.jpg
54KB, 640x1065px
>this thread
>>
>>92838158
>pink hair
It's orange retard. Same color as the tongues, Kim's hair, and the stripes on the ties and such.
>>
>>92837802
My sis ended up with a 90's class shirt that's worse, I laugh every time I look at it
>>
>>92837605
It was more 2005-2010 or '12
>>
Wouldn't being last class born in the 20th century make more sense then the decade they were barley apart of?
>>
Funny how that works out, because 2007-2012 was a great time for anime.
>>
>>92838527
Yeah we didn't gt better until 2012 when we were starting to get some legitimaately good shit like Korra Motor city and Gravity Faalls
>>
>>92837605
I think that part of it is the people who actually made the 90's "renaissance" good (the story-boarders, the script writers, the directors) left to other careers or tried to get their own projects done and either failed to do so or they sucked. So the new story-boarders, script writers, and directors were able to turn shit into gold and learn from the 00's mistakes.
>>
Because most of their new shows were only aiming at kids
>>
File: image.png (279KB, 626x531px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
279KB, 626x531px
>>92838527
>Robotomy
>Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
>Mediocre to bad
>>
>>92838209
Post it.
>>
>>92837605
>they made penny white
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.