[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 17

File: Wonder-Woman-China-Poster.jpg (184KB, 800x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-Woman-China-Poster.jpg
184KB, 800x1125px
Just watched Wonder Woman, AMA

>pros
>coherent story
>action scenes are great
>the funny moments are funny but feel naturally with the tone
>Gadot is great
>The hero is actually heroic and save people
>literally zero feminism message

>cons
>weak villain
>CGI isn't perfect
>the score is mediocre and generic save for the electric cello theme
>some of the dialogues are quite corny
>all the German speak English, and all the people in London speak with an American accent
>>
Is a small book involved in the plot?
>>
>>92828469
The notebook of Doctor Poison?
>>
>>92828421
>all the German speak English

That's great. Shame Doc Poison doesn't Juice up on what could possibly be conceived as a Proto Venom.

Now that's a amped up roid orc fight I'd love to have seen.
>>
>>92828421
>Gadot is great
Sup shill
>>
Did they retcon the Snyder stuff?
Namely the fact that Diana is 5000 years old and abandoned humanity.
>>
>>92828421
>all the people in London speak with an American accent

This sounds like the only thing that will REALLY bother me. If otherwise it's as good as you say I think I might actually enjoy this.
>>
>>92828421
Name every character who dies
>>
>>92828671
It's not clear,
it started with her as a child in Themyscira, then as a young teen, then Gadot and Steve Trevor came in. it's not clear not how much time has passed when she was growing up
>>
So what does the gas weapon actually do?
>>
>>92828421
Just watched Batman vs Superman, AMA

>pros
>Everything
>It's great man
>Seriously go watch it right now
>The jar of piss scene was perfect
>It'll totally break a billion
>>
>>92828726
It's a mustard gas that can break the gasmask somehow
>>
File: Wonder Woman Shield Poster.jpg (103KB, 494x750px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Shield Poster.jpg
103KB, 494x750px
>>92828421
>AMA
Do you like that poster or this one better?
>>
>>92828692
The amazon who got shot in slow motion in the trailer, Steve Trevor, Ares, General Ludendorff, a bunch of germans
>>
>>92828421
I stopped believing you when you said zero feminist message.
>>
>>92828421
>>literally zero feminism message
You didn't look very hard then.
>>
>>92828421
Did you like Diana's final message to Bruce?

I teared up.
>>
>>92828872
Aside from the "how dare this woman speaking to men in 1910s London lol" there isn't any. She's just like Thor in the first time which people find her weird and funny
>>
File: 1107672-ares__02__005__01_.png (670KB, 992x761px) Image search: [Google]
1107672-ares__02__005__01_.png
670KB, 992x761px
Is the fight between Wonder Woman and Ares at least cool? Does Ares have a good presence when he's on screen?
>>
>>92829038
You do realize that a female main character in a genre dominated by male main characters is itself a "feminist message"?

Or do you just use feminism as a buzzword without even knowing what it means?
>>
>>92829074
I think David Thewlis kinda phoned it in, his voice is weak, he looks like picture related without the cape.
The fight is him throwing a punch of shit at Wonder Woman and his final blow is a thunder bolt, it was then absorbed by WW's bracelets and she hit him back with it
>>
>>92829180
so the movie just shows his face in the helmet? Thats fucking lame, and goes against what we've seen in toys and costumes
>>
>>92829144
>female character in a genre dominated by male is feminist message

Fuck off retard
>>
>>92828715
...Ahuh. And the other half? The "Diana got too sad and let the holocaust happen" part?
>>
Spoil the movie pls
>>
>>92828421
>Gadot is great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH-zugEjFmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgMWBOeZyVY

This good to you, or this just so happens to be her worst parts and the rest is much better?
>>
>>92828671
>Did they retcon the Snyder stuff?
That bullshit isnt snyder.
As for the 5000 johns made that shit canon in the comics during darkseid war
>>
>>92829215
His face is just David Thewlis's face.
>>92829226
They didn't say it, at the end she understood that mankind was worth saving because of love after Steve sacrificed herself. They didn't say with she abandoned mankind.
>>
>>92828754
>>The jar of piss
Still triggered by Lex trying to humillate someone before killing her?
>>
File: Wonder Woman.jpg (270KB, 1200x1822px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman.jpg
270KB, 1200x1822px
What I want to know is if the praises is inflated, really being a mediocre movie, or is it really worth the applause its getting? Also how do they handle Diana sitting out WW2 without looking like a bitch?
>>
>>92828421
So it's a Marvel movie?
>>
>>92828782
Is it extra lethal. Because as far as chemical weapons go, mustard gas is one of the weakest
>>
If I've grown tired of comic universe films in general for the most part, is it still worth it? Is it completely stand alone or their going to be reference's from the other set of films?
>>
>>92829325
Well, i guess just ignoring the issue is better than reaffirming it
>>
>>92829253
So outside of a few looks, people seem pretty nonchalant about the women with that big sword and shield
>>
>>92829374
It kills people instantly. They keeps saying that if they didn't destroy the weapon the German would win the war easily.
>>92829376
It starts with her looking at that old photo you see in BvS and replying to Bruce's email, other than that it's completely stand alone.
>>
>>92829325
>They didn't say it, at the end she understood that mankind was worth saving because of love after Steve sacrificed herself. They didn't say with she abandoned mankind.
That explains the people saying it ended optimistically.
Unfortunately it also means that the DCEU's continuity just got fuuuuuuuuuucked.
>>
>>92829332
She thought killing Ares would end all wars in the movie, I guess she just gave up on human after seeing WW2 started not long after WW1 ended
>>
>>92829499
>That explains the people saying it ended optimistically.
>Unfortunately it also means that the DCEU's continuity just got fuuuuuuuuuucked.
Frankly I rather that they do that. Continuity only matters if you actually liked what you are continuing. If you don't like it, cut it. It seems whatever that we joked about what Snyder had done had ended up either never filmed or on the cutting room floor.

So yeah, the film just pretended that Snyder's notes don't exist. And by actually being liked it would get away with it.
>>
>>92829463
>...the German would win the war easily.

Are the Germans the bad guys for reason's other than:
1) Being on the opposite side of the war than Diana's friends
2) Having (knowingly or not) evil DC characters on their side
Or are they not portrayed as the bad guys at all?
>>
>>92829603
Basically these 2 reasons
>>
>>92829226
>Diana got too sad and let the holocaust happen
The world didn't know about the concentration camps until near the end of the war.
>>
>>92829333
It's a Marvel movie done right.
>>
>>92829247
>Present day. Diana writes an e-mail to Bruce Wayne telling her story.
>Young Diana learns the amazons were created by Zeus and enslaved by Ares before escaping to Themyscira, and that she was a clay statue brought to life by Zeus, who also gave the Amazons a magic sword to kill Ares. Ares killed all the Olympians.
>During WWI, Steve Trevor crashes on the island and tells to Amazons about the war.
>German soldiers attack the island and Amazons fight back. Diana's aunt gets hurt.
>Diana thinks that Ares is among humans and is causing the war and vows to stop him. She steals the magic sword to do so.
>Diana goes to London with Trevor to meet his boss, Patrick Morgan (David Thewlis).
>Trevor found out that Doctor Poison is working for the Germans and is making a death gas.
>Diana and Trevor go to France and Diana saves a local town from the Germans and helps Trevor and his men raid the German camp.
>General Erich Ludendorff (Danny Houston) takes a gas that makes him super-strong, making Diana believe that he is Ares. Diana kills him.
>Trevor sacrifices himself to blow up the gas factory.
>Morgan reveals himself as Ares and reveals that Diana is actually the product of an affair between her mother and Zeus. He destroys the magic sword.
>Diana unlocks her god powers and kills Ares, but spares Doctor Poison.
>Present day. Diana finishes and sends her e-mail to Bruce and run away as Wonder Woman to save a burning building.
>>
>>92829739
>Diana is actually the product of an affair between her mother and Zeus
I don't remember this part, he just said that Diana is the godkiller herself and was created to kill Ares
>>
>>92828485
what does dr poison look like ? i keep thinking of a evil Johann Kraus from hellboy
>>
>>92829739
The Zeus wankery is kind of annoying
>>
>>92828421
>>Gadot is great
Bullshit.
>>
File: Elena-Anaya-in-Wonder-Woman-2017.jpg (266KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Elena-Anaya-in-Wonder-Woman-2017.jpg
266KB, 1400x700px
>>92829832
She's just a regular scientist
>>
>>92829333
Its First Avenger as First Amazon or First for Justice. Or maybe Birth of the League.
>>
>>92829877
That's a let down.
>>
>>92829821
So she's comic Drax now?
>>
>>92829872
>>92828641

These normies and critics don't know what the acting is
>>
Alright, who should be the sequel villain(s)? I want to say Circe, but I think a Cheetah/Giganta duo would be pretty cool
>>
>>92830296
Someone just wants her to be a star. Easiest to push her in action flicks where nobody is expecting Shakespeare. Cept you know with Reeve back in the day but I digress.
>>
>>92830299
Can she?

She fucks off for the next couple of centuries. Personally I vote Blue Snowman btw.
>>
>>92828421
Does it have an after credits scene?
>>
>>92830425
>>92830299

It's a shame we could have gotten those set in the 60s or 70s
>>
>>92829327

That would be an issue if Lex Luthor had actually been in that movie - instead of the Joker.
>>
>>92829739
Wow ending is very Supermany
>>
File: Doubt.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>92828421
>Gadot is great
>>
>>92829877
Why does she wear the mask?

Lotta loyalty for a hired scientist
>>
>>92830425
Blue Snowman I could see being one of those mystery villains where in the third act Diana is "You're that chick I know?" but I dont see her happening given the name. Dr Cyber maybe
>>
>>92829836

...Even though it is entirely in line with Greek myth. Diana as a female, improved version of Heracles is satisfying.

In the original version, no male aspect was involved in her creation at all except in reality. What is the suggestion there? That normal human reproduction is tainted and humanity must be saved by a golem?

No, this is better.
>>
Be prepared to be called a shill OP. I tried to start a discussion for the people who saw the pre-screenings too but it turned into a 'REEEEEEE FUCK OFF SHRILL REEEEE' post.
>>
>>92830587
>Why does she wear the mask?

And if you took it off, would it kill her?
>>
>>92828421
How many millions of evil Germans did she murder?
>>
>>92830660
You might notice the amount of posts in this thread? Over 60.
Did you ctrl-f how many times word shill had been mentioned, or check if there was or was not discussion?

Of course not, take your (you).
>>
>>92830471
No
>>
>>92830296
NORMALFAG. THE WORD IS NOT NORMALFAG, NOT NORMIE.
>>
>>92830617
It could you just gotta place it with her doing something so fucked it would give most villains pause. Like torturing some poor young bastard by freezing and smashing his limbs off. They find him and all his limbs are now just iced chunks and he's barley clinging to life shivering.
>>
>>92830758
So it is obviously better than any film in the DCEU.

How do you rank it with the MCU? Better than the first Iron man? Better than Winter Soldier? Worse than Thor2?
>>
>>92829603
To be fair, there wasn't really any "good guys" in The Great War. Whole thing was basically Europe getting itself into a political clusterfuck and millions of people died as a result
>>
>>92830537
He was nothing like the joker and was a faithful Lex.
>>
>>92829253
She looks a bit like Mary Poppins y'all.
>>
>mfw the movie is actually great
>mfw disney shills got BTFO once again
And Gadot is mostly decent too, sorry /co/ you'll be right other time
>>
>>92828421
>Man of Steel 55%
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 28%
>Suicide Squad 25%
>Wonder Woman 97%

Huh... I know they haven't counted nearly as reviews yet but it's rather bizarre.
>>
File: worried.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>92830296
>Thinking acting is monotone line reading.
>>
>>92829821
>>92829739
So...are there more than one cut where she is a Zues baby and another where she is a Clay baby?
>>
>>92830425
Blue Snowman would be fantastic, though that is totally the film I would set in the 60s or 70s and have it be a commentary on women in the workplace...oh! OH!

Set it in the 50s and have her backstory involve being one of the women shunted out of early com sci after the vacuum tube tally days?
>>
So what happens in the no man's land scene, it seems like everyone is creaming themselves over it.
>>
File: 1494083017992.jpg (331KB, 1912x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1494083017992.jpg
331KB, 1912x1275px
>>92828421
why do the extras look so much better than Gadot?
>>
Does she fly?

She doesn't in BvS so she probably does not fly here, still got to ask.
>>
>>92831233
She killed a bunch of German basically.
It ended by her using a metal plate held by Steve and friends as a spring board then blew off the entire tower like a canon to take out a sniper
>>
>>92831326
She did kind of fly in the ending shot set in modern time with her striking a rather funny pose, I guess it was nod to the old Superman movie
>>
>>92830722
>I'm just going to pretend that anytime someone's tried to start a discussion about the movie, there aren't posters calling other people shills because they had to nerve to like the movie and wanted to talk about it.

Here's your (You) too.

>>92830852
Leaps and bounds better than Thor 2. In fact I'm kind of pissed now that Marvel didn't try to keep Patty on but then again no one could've saved that script.
>>
>>92831219
The director said if there were a sequel it'd be set shortly after this movie. I guess it'll explain why she abandon humanity
>>
File: NYTimes Review.png (504KB, 784x722px) Image search: [Google]
NYTimes Review.png
504KB, 784x722px
>>
>>92831248
Wow...was a fucking atention whore.
>>
>>92828421
>>Gadot is great

So is she like the trailers?
If so, you just have shit taste. If she is nothing like the trailers, then maybe she wasn't as shit.
>>
What's up with Wonder Woman in this movie being surrounded by Wayne shit? Did Bruce become her sugar daddy or something? That confused me.
>>
>>92831663
He's the only one he interacted with. But regardless it's clear they're using Batman to tie everything together. Think of how SHIELD appeared in all early MCU movies
>>
>>92831587
I wish more women grew out their pit hair.
>>
>>92831723

I really hope that in JL he isn't paying everything for everyone, because that would be stupid. I don't want an Iron Man situation.
>>
>>92831723
SHIELD uniting the heroes made sense, since it's what SHIELD did in the Ultimates and even on the regular universe on occasion. Also, they serve as a stage for the real stars to do their thing.
Having Batman be the thread that connects everyone in the DCEU isn't nearly as exciting because it slants the Trinity too far to one side.
It elevates him over Superman and Wonder Woman as far as plot significance goes.

Still I'm glad that this movie seems to be ok, I was expecting a total train wreck. Wondie deserves movies, she is a character who deserves all attention she can get from casuals and normies.
>>
>>92831780
You must've missed the news about how he's providing everything for the team, like a perfected Flash suit or the Flying Fox (=giant bat), their main plane

I mean, it makes sense, but i get what you're saying
>>
File: kiss.webm (2MB, 842x473px) Image search: [Google]
kiss.webm
2MB, 842x473px
>>92831248
Because Gadot is skeletor
>>
>>92831849

Superman is still the reason all of them are heroes again. And Wonder Woman in the Trinity never mattered other than her worshiping Superman.
>>
>>92828421
>all the people in London speak with an American accent
They couldn't shoot on location and hire locals?
>>
>>92831909
But Batman was a veteran that did most of his adventures already, as was WW
>>
>>92831946

But they were not real heroes before Superman heroic sacrifice.
>>
Why did Ares help only the German of he wanted an eternal war? Shouldn't he be help bother the Ally and the German equally?
>>
>>92831909
>And Wonder Woman in the Trinity never mattered other than her worshiping Superman.

Let's agree to disagree. If anything, their affair and nu-52 fucked up the Trinity in ways that having Batman as the one that brings them together couldn't ever do.
>>
>>92832087

It was like that as well before. Wonder Woman before the DCAU was always more of a Superman fangirl than anything. She even disliked Batman. The Trinity became this thing really recently. Something like in the 2000's.
>>
>>92832038
You don't get eternal war by helping both, at once. You get a stalemate that way.
You help one first, then when they gain the upper hand, you pull the carpet under their feet and help the other guy, rinse and repeat.
Sheesh, do you even machiavelli, bro?
>>
Is Ares dead?
>>
>>92831233
We get to see her outfit in full for the first time in the movie, she fucks up some Germans while the Allies/ Steve and his bros follow her.

There's also a nice call back to how the Amazons fought like >>92831374 said.

Basically we get to truly see the strength of WW for the first time in the movie after some teases of what she can really do.

>>92831663
In the movie he finds the original photo that we see in BvS which isn't really surprising seeing how power and influence he has.

I also took it as a thank you for what she did in BvS.
>>
>>92832223
Does Ares get fuckin killed?
>>
>>92832400
WW shot the tunder bolt at him then he's just gone, you didn't see his body or anything
>>
>>92832448
Does this mean that the literal god of literal war-
Was weaker than a zombie alien mutant?
>>
>>92829739
>email
Really? There is no other way they could've gone about this?

Small potatoes I know, but soon they'll be fucking texting each other.
>>
>>92831248
>Hairy arms
>>
>>92832613
>"Hi we're the makeup department, here's an electric razor"
>>
Is there any after credit scene bullshit?
>>
>>92828421
Do we know the exact age of Wonder Woman?
>>
>>92831780
The watchtower can't be built on a CSI's salary, Clark Kent's dead and Arthur doesn't have surface dweller currency.
>>
>>92832892

Sure, he can build a Watchtower or whatever, but i don't to see Batman paying everyone's rent or giving them designer clothes. Shit is creepy.
>>
>>92832892

The watchtower wouldn't cost money if only they had a guy with the world's most advanced 3d printer.
>>
>>92832750
Why are you asking? seriously, we already know they made the 5000 years old bullshit canon in the comics
>>
>>92828421
I saw it too and gadot was pretty weak actor....just because she's the main character that pushes the story doesn't mean she is great.
>>
>>92832935
He literally bought the dialy planet to make sure Clark's job wouldnt be fucked. Dick in his time as batman bought supergirl an apartment. Bruce already pays for everything, even fucking bachelor's parties
>>
>>92833078

He also owned Superman's apartment complex so that Clark, Lois and Chris would be protected. Also there's a JLA issue that revealed he paid Wonder Woman's fancy lingerie.
>>
I get the feeling, Gadot will be a lousy wonder woman -both as warrior and as inspiring champion-but a good Diana Prince.
>>
>>92832996
Assuming you're referring to GL, that's ridiculous.
>>
File: 1490404896175.jpg (57KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490404896175.jpg
57KB, 800x450px
>>92831587
If women are strong, why do they feel the need for a cape movie to vindicate them all.
There's plenty of real women I admire, yet here you are creaming yourself over a fictional character.
>>
>>92828421
>coherent story
>good action
>funny moments
>No feminist message, just chicks being badass

Sounds good to me. At least DC finally scored one.
>>
>>92833322
Real women? Like whom?
Not to sound like a shitbird. Just wondering.
>>
>>92833303

I'm pretty sure there's a page where Sinestro gets mad at Hal and reduces his jet to scrap, then reconstructs a pristine jet from the raw materials.
>>
>>92828421
Why won't OP answer my first question? >>92829253
>>
>>92828421
So would you say on par with Captain America The First Avenger?
That's what I'm hoping for.
>>
>>92828421
>coherent story
bah god, those madmen
>>
>>92828421
>literally zero feminism message
tumblr would disagree
>>
All the women would ''love'' this mvoie,no matter what
>>
>>92833141
>Also there's a JLA issue that revealed he paid Wonder Woman's fancy lingerie.

And when the original plane of wondy got wreck Bruce replaced it with a new one (said to be inferior to the original).

That's not even counting all the heroes he sponsored like the outsiders.
>>
>>92828421
Is Ares a cloud? Doe sthe movie take place in a email?
>>
>>92828421
I'll wait for the bootleg first to be the judge of that. literally cannot trust Hollywood to NOT push feminism into a super heroine flick.
>>
>>92828421

>Gadot is great

Compared to her usual non-acting or really great?
>>
>>92833709
"Ares is a cloud" was leakers mistaking Dr Poison supersoldier thingie that German-man inhales for Ares possessing him
>>
>>92833691

He also gave jobs to Flash rogues, was a major contributor to Wonder Woman Foundation, owned Mister Terrific, Ted Kord and Steel's company, paid college intuition to a bunch of Young Justice characters, helped Ollie get his shit started...

Yeah, Batman was everyone sugar daddy.
>>
>>92828859
>General Ludendorff

Wait, Erich Ludendorff is in this movie? He survived the war.
>>
>>92833322
Don't you have some flowers to fuck Setsuna
>>
>>92832038
The germans are a red herring, Ares is an ally general.
>>
>>92830689
It would be extremely painful.
>>
How evil are the Germans in this?
>>
>>92832613
A little hair on legs or arms isn't that bad, especially since she has blonde hair. At least it's not like leg/arm beards.
>>
>>92829297
You got a page to go with that? Because I remember Azzarello's book he has Diana saying she's only 23.
>>
>>92831849
>Having Batman be the thread that connects everyone in the DCEU isn't nearly as exciting because it slants the Trinity too far to one side.
>It elevates him over Superman and Wonder Woman as far as plot significance goes.
Are you new to DC?
Notice I said DC.
Not AC.
Not SC.
It's a Batman's world. We're all just living in it.
>>
>>92834171
u u

u u
>>
>>92828421
>Gadot is great
This is how you know this is a bought review.
>>
>>92835447
u
------
u u

u
u u
u ---\\\\\-----
>>
>>92835392

In the comics Superman is the most important hero ever. He's the one everyone admires, follow and even love. He's the connective tissue between all of them.

Batman's just Fonzie.
>>
>>92828421
Did they remix her theme or use the same one as BvS?
>>
>>92829327
It was so stupid! Like something out of a comic book!
>>
>>92835526
Superman can't be assed to show up on Supergirl or Superboy, while Batman spearheads new superteams every odd monday and shows for a Bat team up on every low selling book.
>>
>>92835708

Superman only comes out for important shit to save the day. Even the he's more respected than Batman.

Even the characters in the teams Batman spearhead distrust and hate him.
>>
>>92828421
How much slow-mo is there?
>>
>>92835526
Too bad the people making the comics and movies and cartoons and games don't think so.
I actually kind of hate Batman now because of how over exposed he is.
>>
>>92835733
Sure, and Superman is still the herald for the age of heroes, the moral pinning of DC and the cool dad that only shows up to spoil you one weekend of the month, while Batman's the nagging single mom working two jobs and doing all the housework to set up the Outsiders, fund the JL, watch over the kids on the JLA, keep I Vampire alive for 6 more issues, etc.
>>
>>92828421
Is Ares a dude of giant cloud of evil?
>>
File: stanREEE.png (196KB, 321x489px) Image search: [Google]
stanREEE.png
196KB, 321x489px
>>92828421
>HIGHEST RATED MOVIE
>OSCAR
>BEST SELLING COMICS

Where were you when marvel died?
>>
>>92835917

Yeah. That's basically it.

Or Superman is the building owner that everyone respect and even love, while Batman is the building janitor that nobody really likes but calls to fix their shit.
>>
>>92835938
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>92836030
Movies tend to turn all powerful villains into evil space clouds, Galactus, Paralax. Does this do that?
>>
>>92836056
you're an idiot
>>
>>92836077
No hes right, it happens from time to time to cut corners in creation. Happened with Galactus and Parrallax
>>
>>92836112
youre also an idiot.
>>
>>92836077
Says the idiot that just needed the topic explained to him.
>>
>>92836056
How the fuck is Ares
>all powerful?
>>
>>92836158
Look if you're going to shitpost, at least be creative about it
>>92836192
Hes still technically a god, just one that requires a boost from human conflict
>>
>>92836291
compared to your retarded assumption that ares might be a fucking cloud? are you fucking retarded? of all the comic movies made, all the villains in them.. 2 were shown as cloud figures.

dammit, i fell for it didnt i?
>>
>>92836373
>the only times it's happened are the examples i've been spoonfed
Hows highschool kid?
>>
>>92836373
Huh, someone that doesn't know comics or movies. That's a new kind of idiot. You really think it's just the two?
>>
So. Post credits scene?
>>
>>92837538
Bruce Wayne checks the rest of his email.
>>
>>92837538
>>92837610

This but there's a dickpic as a final twist.
>>
>>92828421
>action scenes are great
You're a lying faggot bitch. I saw the trailer, I saw the complete lack of fight choreography with cuts every time there's a hit. Kill yourself.
>>
>>92832038
It was simultaneously a conflict with innovation for him, as a too efficient weapon would end the war.
>>
>>92837610
[email protected]
Hey Bruce,
Still up for golf next weekend?
Seeya then,
Ollie
>>
>>92831248
Is that the Milan train station?
>>
>>92828421
Wonder Woman is a feminist superhero, which is great, but today's feminism isn't so great. In representing a powerful icon for women, did they f*ck it up, or pull off a good, stronk womyn without forcing it or being unsubtle?
>>
>>92838760
Grace says that it's positive and doesn't do the "kill all men" version that's so popular today.
>>
File: 1437439060850.gif (415KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1437439060850.gif
415KB, 500x332px
>>92829144
>being this autistic
>>
>Zero feminism messages

I figured that out the moment I saw the changes to the origin.

Before: Amazons/Themyscira created by female Gods as a place of respite and peace from the cruel world of man.

DCEU: Zeus made mankind and the Amazons and Themyscira.

At first I was surprised by the lack of outrage at the fact that the Amazons are basically cheerleaders for the ultimate patriarchal figurehead, but then I remembered that feminists don't read comics.
>>
>>92838940
Nor should they.
>>
>>92838940
>>92829739

It seems like making rape-God their creator ultimately misses the entire point of Themyscira.

Or did DC clean-up Zeus to remove all the bad shit he did, like Disney's Hercules did?
>>
>>92828421
Did they cut out that secretary = slavery thing then?
>>
>>92839107
Feminists don't read mythology either.
>>
>>92833423
Why'd you know them?
>>
>>92828421
>>all the German speak English, and all the people in London speak with an American accent
Dropped.
>>
>>92828421
Why are the Germans depicted as evil?
>>
>>92839817
Good luck pitching a movie in a jew dominant business with Germans being depicted anything but.
>>
>>92839771
Most moviegoers hate subtitles, but the London thing is dumb, especially when they filmed most of the thing in fucking London, hell, I went to see Trafalgar Square all done up
>>
>>92839771
picked up! I couldn't understand those fucking bar flies in Kingsman.
>>
>>92840062
>Germans were killing Jews in WW1
You make ONE MISTAKE and your whole history is shot.
>>
>>92840384
Don't worry we currently know germans are cuckolds that like their women being raped by rapefugees
>>
>>92829327
It was just so convoluted and try hard.
>>92835575
I argue it's worse then take. Even the Spawn books at their most juvenile never stoop that low for a comeback. As the term that lead to it is convoluted as fuck and clearly was shoved in for the excuse of the scene.
>>
>>92829739
>>General Erich Ludendorff (Danny Houston) takes a gas that makes him super-strong, making Diana believe that he is Ares. Diana kills him.

But Ludendorff was a real guy who didn't die until decades after the war.
>>
>>92831219
>...oh! OH!
Why do you type like a bitch?
>>
File: images.jpg (47KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
47KB, 500x750px
Is the movie Superman tier uplifting?
Like "You'll Believe A Man Can Fly" tier?
>>
>>92839433
Why'd I know them?
But I don't.
I'm just legitimately curious.
>>
>>92840384
The Bolsheviks kinda ducked things up major.
>>
>>92832892
Arthur is king of the bloody seas! He can haul up Spanish treasure ships and tell spain to fuck off or face a shark infested summer.
>>
don't worry feminist don't history
>>92840821

and this
>>92839202
>>
>>92841201
yea will i believe a woman can fly
>>
>>92828859
>Steve Trevor dies
Dropped
>>
>>92843135
No because Diana doesn't fly. Duh.
>no woman has flown in the DCEU
>flying is a man's power
Really makes me think.
>>
>>92832400
I mean We don't see a body but there's this big fucking crater where WW zapped him with the thunder bolt but she's the Godkiller so she may have killed him.

>>92833709
He's not a cloud. He looks comic accurate.
>>
>>92828421
>Gadot is great

I don't believe it
>>
Quick question, what's Diana's "Metropolis"?
Batman has Gotham, Flash has Central City, Hal Jordan had Coast City, Cyborg has Detroit
>>
>>92833709
You've been memed hard by mouse niggers.
>>
>>92844477
Isn't Diana essentially Tomb Raider? Meaning no fixed central setting except Thymescera?
>>
>>92831943
Remember, the general audience hates foreigners, and reading
>>
>>92831943
Because there were no Pakistanis and Poles in 1910 London.
>>
Was there an enemy ace cameo?
>>
>>92828421
No, I refuse to acknowledge this could be good, cause if I do the floodgate of problems it unleashes could be awful.
>>
>companywars
does anyone legitimately believe this? wow the first movie NOT MADE BY SNYDER IS GOOD

who would have fucking guessed
>>
>>92844477

There was a ficticiosos town Byrne wanted to force. Gateway City.
>>
>>92837708
A pic of Dick's Dick.
>>
>>92829144
>accusing others of doing what you are doing
worse way to troll
>>
>>92844890
"No this can't be happening! I'm in charge here!"
>>
>>92829708
Yeah they did.
World leaders did, military leaders did, most news correspondants did.

Nobody predicted the extent of it though. Russians didn't know Nazis killed almost every one of their POWs, Americans didn't know they killed the Gypsies. Churchill though just didn't give a shit.

American troops also knew what they were going to find, but actually seeing it and grasping the numbers was horrifying. Russians didn't give ashit, they were focused on killing two Jerries for every Ivan.
>>
>>92844943
Snyder cowrote and produced this movie
>>
>>92846577
So POW camps go to shit when you bomb supply lines?
In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue, and russians don't count the cost, seriously you think the USSR was surprised at what the germans did? They did the same thing to them.
>>
>>92847226
>Snyder cowrote and produced this movie
From what people have seen it, it seems most of his writing were left out of the film. No mention of a lack of female gods, and more importantly deliberate omission of WW losing faith in humanity. Basically unless something else happened afterwards, the end of the WW film does not connect with BvS.
>>
>>92843393
>>92843135

>that just means she will have an invisible jet in the sequel.

fuck yeah! thats 10 times cooler than flying for no explained reason.

there probably will be moment where her jet will out do the batplane too.
>>
>>92844980
Dickwing coming dickcember dick
>>
>>92846577
Troops didn't know what they were going to find. There was knowledge of concentration camps and slave labor from underground sources, resistance sources, OSS, escaped prisoners, etc.

Knowledge of the full extent of the death camps and the holocaust in general was not completely known until we started discovering the camps and all the operations surrounding them. Folks always knew the Nazis were oppressing people, that was obvious from their entire structure, but Factory murder like no one had ever seen before or have seen since didn't come into full complete light till the end once folks were getting the full complete picture.
>>
>>92847945
>but Factory murder like no one had ever seen before or have seen since didn't come into full complete light till the end once folks were getting the full complete picture.
I think the soviets perfected it.
>>
>>92847999
The soviets weren't out to wipe out a specific group of people to the extent of requesting that occupied nations turn in folks of that group specifically to have them murdered in literal death mills, nor did they have full on camps with facilities specifically built solely to kill people by the millions as efficiently as possible in a manner that was akin to running a factory.
>>
>>92835526
That's a good analogy. The overwhelming majority of Happy Days' audience almost only cared about Fonzie, and that eventually affects the writing too
>>
>>92848060
Clearly you haven't heard of the Cossacks, and in several other cases they directly occupied the nation and just starved them out, have you not heard of Holodemor? And did you really call the nazi prison camps efficient? Clearly not as survivors exist, or maybe yoyu mean their hyper efficient incinerators which could apparently burn bones and be operated around the clock without maintainence and surpass modern crematories.
>>
>>92828421
How qt is Gal Gadot in the film?
>>
>>92844890
>No, I refuse to acknowledge this could be good
If you don't think there's a problem with that sentence, then you do not deserve to have your opinions heard. Much as I hate this American meme, you are literally fake news.
>>
>>92828421
>feel naturally with the tone
Lame.
>>
>>92844943
Wasn't that Suicide Squad?
>>
So /co/ should I bother watching this in cinemas?
Or just pirate the bluray in a few months?
>>
>>92849231
At least with this film, and with its reviews so far, there's a pretty chance you'll get pleasantly surprised.
The same can't be said about GOTG 2. We all knew what we would get going in.
>>
>>92834329
Well, they resorted to using chemical warfare, which means they already lost the moral high ground (such as it was in a war).
>>
>>92828421

Is it really worth a 97% on RT?
>>
>>92849231
I think it's worth checking out in theaters. It's a good looking film.
>>
>>92849360
BvS should have been 100% (nobody legitimately has any reason to dislike it) while WW at least has cinematography issues, such as the slow-mo use. If a critic puts visuals/camera as an important part of a film, he could reasonably make an argument that WW is "rotten" while the same can't be said for BvS.

It's too bad reviewers write out memes instead of actually reviewing the movie.
>>
>>92830915
Yeah, but how did the movie portray it?
>>
>>92849224
Funnily enough, Snyder was more involved in WW than Suicide Squad. Wonder how that makes these people feel.
>>
>>92828421
>>Gadot is great
Objectively false.
>>
>>92849412
>BvS should have been 100% (nobody legitimately has any reason to dislike it)

Not even Lex Luthor's over-complicated, circuitous plot or his portrayal as a jittery autist?
>>
>>92849481

>his portrayal as a jittery autist?

I liked his portrayal, but his whole scheme had to many moving parts, too many changes and it was too convoluted. The whole movie has waaay too much content. There's a point where you feel the movie will end, but nope. Still halfway.

I say this as someone that fucking loved BvS. It should have been two movies instead of one. It would have been two better movies for it.
>>
>>92844477
Typically, it's Washington DC.

But it changes. DC is probably the most recurring.
>>
>>92849534

San Francisco is more common. Then there's Gateway City.

Nu52 tried to push London as her hometown for some reason? But it did shit with it. Either way she spent more time in Metropolis because of the whole SM/WW thing that you could say Metropolis was her town during it.
>>
>>92849560
No, San Francisco is Zatanna's town.
>>
>>92849481
>Lex Luthor's over-complicated, circuitous plot
Why should Lex be simple? He's Lex.

>or his portrayal
His different origin explains his different personality, unlike other portrayals.

>>92849521
>but his whole scheme had to many moving parts, too many changes and it was too convoluted
It was multiple schemes with contingency plans. Not everything went the way he wanted to, which is great, so he had to change his plans based on the situations, which is also great. I love that kind of story with beautifully crafted twists and turns.
>>
>>92828421
Does it feel like a Marvel movie? Or does is still have a unique tone/personality?
>>
>>92835522
Is this Lost?
Thread posts: 252
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.