[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Joe West

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Joseph_West_(Arrow)_002.png (2MB, 1030x787px) Image search: [Google]
Joseph_West_(Arrow)_002.png
2MB, 1030x787px
>You know realise this character was created so that the audience wouldn't have to deal the tangled mess that is the Allen/West family tree.

Seriously, I checked. He's a combination of like 4 or 5 (maybe even 6) characters.
>>
He is pure.
>>
He is likeable.
At first I though I would hate him because of /pol reason but it turned out good.

It really help that I liked character that are good parent.
>>
>>92828372
I wish Joe was my dad at least that way I wouldn't be much of a fuck up
>>
>>92828968
He is a single father who throw out his drug addict wife, took great care of her daughter AND managed to raise a traumatized orphan into a forensic scientist.

He is more or less the Jonathan Kent of the CW Flash.
>>
great character, this is why I dont care if a comic adaptation is faithful or not
>>
>>92828372
No, he was created to be the dumb guy in the room that needs science shit explained to that the audience can then follow. AKA "IN ENGLISH PLEASE" guy
>>
>>92829117
He is clever. After he is the one who figured that there was something wrong with the first Wells.
You compare him to people who got 3 PHD.
>>
>>92828372
He's probably the least shit character, even though they did try to damage him with that shitty love story.
The best thing about him is that by making him likeable, black Iris and black Wally didn't seem that big a deal and were accepted more easily. I wish comic book writers would take note of this.
>>
>>92829498
Joe and Cecile are cute! CUTE!
>>
>>92829498
>The best thing about him is that by making him likeable, black Iris and black Wally didn't seem that big a deal and were accepted more easily. I wish comic book writers would take note of this.

He clearly helped with that.
>>
>>92829498
>The best thing about him is that by making him likeable, black Iris and black Wally didn't seem that big a deal and were accepted more easily. I wish comic book writers would take note of this.
This. I am able to watch the show and literally the only thing that bothers me is the Wally/Jesse relationship, but overall the blacks are fine because Joe is a great man. He didn't even raise Wally and somehow got him to be a respectable kid.
>>
>>92829741
>and literally the only thing that bothers me is the Wally/Jesse relationship
Why?
>>
>>92828372
I like him. But I think he should have been the one to die not Wells x35. He doesn't serve much purpose at this point, and would have given Savitar a real point. Plus it gets him out of deciding if he's sitting as father of the bride or groom at the wedding.
>>
>>92828372
He is one of the best character in the show.
>>
>>92828372
Best character even when they try ruin him with bad writing. Like the recent episode where he breaks up with the DEA chick and gets back together in the same episode.

Just wish he and Barry would do their job.
>>
>>92830523
not him, but I have the problem I have with Wally: He consantly whine
>muh mum
>muh dad
>muh not being as good as Barry
>muh speed
>muh girlfriend doesn't want a speedster
>muh dad doesn't want me to rush like a moron into the danger

did you see? He's like the epithome of shitty CW teen character. It doesn't help that they forced the "faster than Barry" subplot and then did literally nothing with it.
>>
>>92829498
>by making him likeable, black Iris and black Wally didn't seem that big a deal and were accepted more easily.
I wish. People still hate on Iris for no GOOD reasons
>>
>>92830707
All of that minus the gf thing applies to Barry and he whines just as much.
>>
>>92828372
Anti SJW anons hate him, but they should embrace this character as a well written character who happens to be black. He even has black terotype problems and reacts realistically. (Dead former wife druggie). Wally is a shit tier character. Want less sjw shit, have more African Americans like Joe. Great dad, great cop, great guy.
>>
>>92829117
I don't like this part of the character either, but I feel like that's a per episode basis. Otherwise he is a great cop and "clever detective trope" with "old school work and ok know how". But his character really only shines in fatherhood.
>>
>>92830743
Not that anon but Barry at least has the fact that he's always looks for the bright side and good in people. He's always portrayed as team moral and that gives him something

>>92830777
>Anti SJW anons hate him

You're just talking out of your ass. There was only doubt before the show premiered after that no one complained about race since then.
>>
>>92830743
And yet, it doesn't feel forced (well apart from this season but the writing was shitty overall). Probably because he legit has a reason for mourning his family and he need to be fast to defeat the speedster.
I'm going to give Wally another season to see if he can be redeemed thought, I think it's still possible.
>>
File: Julian_Cisco_court.gif (2MB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
Julian_Cisco_court.gif
2MB, 500x226px
>>92830695
>Just wish he and Barry would do their job.
See that's another issue the cop side of things has Barry, Joe, Julian, DEA lady. That's more than enough to just do a police themed episode, that court scene in the amnesia episode was great. Or just permanently split into 2 teams to stop that single room at Star labs they use from being so bloated.

Instead Star Labs team are able to out investigate the CCPD.
>>
>>92830840
>Not that anon but Barry at least has the fact that he's always looks for the bright side and good in people. He's always portrayed as team moral and that gives him something
What...show me where. Ever since season 2 Barry has been a sad little cry baby. Not saying he shouldn't be, because he's been through some shit, but it's not fair to shit on Wally for whining when Barry is just as bad.

>no one complained about race since then
I wish I lived in your world.

>>92830884
You're saying Wally shouldn't mourn his mom or be bothered by the fact that he had a sister and dad he didn't know about all his life?
I don't even remember Wally being as bad as you guys are saying. You just see a black guy being a character and sperg out.
>>
>You're saying Wally shouldn't mourn his mom or be bothered by the fact that he had a sister and dad he didn't know about all his life?

All of this should be resolved by S2, like it have been. I have no proble with it.

But please, tell me you didn't cringe whn he whine to HR becaue his family wanted to keep him safe (rightfully so). I'll admit that Barry this season as been unberable for. (fuck him for letting the other flash stay in the speedforce for a problem HE CAUSED THEMSELF FIRST.)
>>92830945
>You just see a black guy
stopped here. I don't.fucking.care.

To me, Whiteness is a thing for people to cling on where they have no culture, IE: Americans.i'm Italian btw therefore not white by /pol/ standard
>>
>>92830945
I'm not saying Barry whines but he's got more going on.
>looks for the good in Captain Cold
>kept trying to talk down Hunter
>keeps trying to talk down Killer Frost
>saw his wife die and did everything possible to change the future
>looks for the good in his evil self that wants to kill the woman he loves

That's just off the top of my head. They keep emphasizing that our Barry is a Barry that doesn't give up and will do the right thing often

>I wish I lived in your world.
I've been in almost every Flash TV thread since it's premier. Unless you go looking for it I don't know what to say

>You just see a black guy being a character and sperg out.
Yeah you're just looking for something to be outraged at
>>
Black Lightning is pretty much Joe West with superpowers, as much as I love Joe, I'm worried about whether this character archetype can carry a show as a main character.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>92831047
>tell me you didn't cringe whn he whine to HR becaue his family wanted to keep him safe (rightfully so)
If I cringed it's because that kind of storyline is so cliche and overused, but it didn't make me dislike Wally or anything. I thought he was kind of right pointing out that they let Barry be the Flash and shit but not Wally.

>stopped here. I don't.fucking.care.
Well okay. That was pretty much the end of my post anyways so thanks for reading 95% of it?

>>92831135
You raise some good points about Barry I guess.

>Yeah you're just looking for something to be outraged at
Not really, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong anyways.
>>
>>92831212
>Not really, but it doesn't mean I'm wrong anyways.

Dude Wally's been a little shit. When he first appeared he was angry at Barry for being adopted. He even yelled at him for helping him with his homework despite asking Barry to help. Then when he started to idolize the Flash he was just moping around because he couldn't go fast. Remember when he played in traffic? Now that he's Kid Flash he's just sort of there. He only shows up to job or do something dumb. That whole episode where Savitar was fucking with him was terrible. Wally told no one about his problem and got thrown into the speed force trying to 1v1 the fucking speed god. The writers don't know what to do with his character and it shows, it has nothing to do with race
>>
>>92831394
If he was white he would be another Whesley Crusher.
Since he is Black it somehow make it worse.
>>
>>92830890
Now that Caitlin is gone they could easily switch focus to the CCPD. Cisco already worked there once, and Iris and Wally hang out there all the time. Come up with some excuse for Harry to be around and you're all set.
>>
>>92832109
People already treat him like Whesley in and out of the show
>>
>>92829117
I would agree, except the writers are so incompetent they'll often have one of the scientists pull that shit.

If they can't even sort out which character would need something scientific to be explained to them, I doubt they'd have the foresight to create a character for that purpose.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.