[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this series so far? Is it worth reading or am I better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: asbm1-600x9231.jpg (109KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
asbm1-600x9231.jpg
109KB, 600x923px
How is this series so far? Is it worth reading or am I better off without it?
>>
bump
I never see anyone talk about it and now I'm curious.
>>
>>92826914
What the fuck is he holding?
>>
average snydershit. interesting concept that he fails to execute. /co/ seemed to love it during the storytime for some fucking reason though.
>>
>>92826914
Ok. Backups with Duke are kinda pointless and don't give him much developent, but the main stories are good, especially with the 2nd arc.
>>
>>92828678
Some sort of bat-crowbar that he's about to shove it up someone's ass, why?
>>
>>92826914
I honestly can't wait for it to end... It has no point other then to extreme and over the top.

I just want Snyder to get the fuck away from Batman finally.

Oh wait... we have Metal.... fucking kill me.
>>
File: All-Star-Batman-1-Interview.jpg (80KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star-Batman-1-Interview.jpg
80KB, 970x545px
JRJR back at top form, haven't checked it out since he left.

Also loved the colors
>>
>>92829983
This. If you like Alfred betraying Bruce and Bruce behaving like Dick then sure go for it.
>>
>>92826914
I like it more than when Snyder was on the main Batbook. The Two-Face arc is better than most of his run.
>>
>>92826914
It's great. The first arc feels like what you'd get if Quentin Tarantino directed a Batman movie, and the second manages to be epic in score without being melodramatic and SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Most importantly, it's hella fun. Feels like I'm reading a modern version of Batman: The Animated series
>>
>>92830065
>Snyder's fans in a nut shell
>>
File: All-Star Batman (2016-) 001-007.jpg (700KB, 1988x1631px) Image search: [Google]
All-Star Batman (2016-) 001-007.jpg
700KB, 1988x1631px
>>92829990
This. It's a fun ride that introduces casuals to the sheer breadth of Batman's rogues gallery as drawn by a top-tier artist. Like Hush and The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. I'd say it's better than those tho.

I'm biased tho, I really like movies that follow our heroes on the run from start to finish, against overwhelming odds. The late 70s were full of movies like - The Warriors, The Gauntlet, even Smokey & The Bandit for a softer example. All of these were influences on the first arc and it really shows.

I also really like Snyder's gift for world-building - the idea of "the Black & Whites", the return of Harold Allnut, Batman punk bands, all that shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.