[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /co/, you got me to watch Sym-Bionic Titan...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 18

File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png (66KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png
66KB, 1280x768px
And I'm glad it's cancelled. It's a TERRIBLE show, in fact possibly the worst I've ever seen.

No, it's not because of the hack writing, various inconsistencies, childish dialogue, etc. That stuff I could overlook. Even the idea of the robot itself is so stupid (seriously? All your powers combined? Is this a crappy anime?) but could be excused as well.

No, the problem with this show is the HORRIFIC MORAL: that it is OKAY to endanger an entire planet of people for your own purposes. How did this ever get greenlit!?
>>
Who know? Who care?
>>
>>92825048
Apparently /co/, since we just had multiple threads about it yesterday that convinced me to watch it.
>>
>>92822395
>possibly the worst I've ever seen

Turn on Cartoon Network right now. Whatever it is, it's worse than that show.
>>
>>92825109
Can you name ONE show with a more terrible moral? Because I've tried, and I cannot.
>>
>>92822395
(you)
>>
>>92825125

I don't know. I've never watched a cartoon for it's morals before. I'm not a faggot.
>>
>>92825166
>posts an actual indepth critique
>accused of shitposting for (You)s
fuck /co/
>>
>>92822395
>moral
Fuck off Enter
>>
>>92825175
But the problem is nearly the entire show DEPENDS on that moral. Like, if they just left Earth, most of the episodes could NOT happen.
>>
>>92825204

You're not a shitposter. You just have shit taste.

What are some cartoons you actually like? I bet they're all terrible.
>>
File: Megas_XLR_Logo.jpg (40KB, 288x351px) Image search: [Google]
Megas_XLR_Logo.jpg
40KB, 288x351px
>>92825250
I found myself comparing it to Megas XLR while I was watching, and honestly, that show is literally better in every single way I could possibly think of.
>>
>>92822395
Good for (you)
>>
>>92822395
You did notice that, after the first episode, they went to pains to ensure tge monster fights took place away from civilian areas, right?
>>
>HORRIFIC MORAL

We know it's you, Mr. Enter.
>>
>>92825204
If you think that OP's post is in any way in-depth, your IQ probably hovers around room temperature.
>>
>>92825731
I actually noticed that wasn't the case in FAR too many episodes. You're right that they did that sometimes, though.
>>92825816
I am OP.
>>
>>92825234
their primary goal isn't to save earth, it's to protect the royal line. saving earth would also be good.
>>
>>92825896
That's my main problem with the show.
>>
>>92825913
that the characters have motivation?
>>
>>92826012
No, that they are SELFISH PIECES OF SHIT.

Like most of /co/.
>>
>>92826027
>willing to throw his life away to save the rightful royal line of his home planet in a hope to restore a kind and just ruler to power.
>selfish
>>
>>92822395
>good shows need to be moral
Arrested Development is now garbage, eyy
>>
>>92826094
It's much easier to care about those you know personally. They're selfish dirtbags for basically dooming an entire planet of complete innocents.
>>
>>92826185
>they personally know every single person living on their home planet
>>
>>92822395
>in fact possibly the worst I've ever seen.
That says a lot towards the shitty shows you have yet to see, kid.
>>
>>92826294
1. Pretty sure you only mentioned the "rightful royal line" there.
2. They still know them far better than the people on Earth, even after their adventures.
>>
>>92826317
I used to watch Canadian cartoons all day long. I know what I'm talking about, "kid". No Canadian cartoon ever disgusted me this much.
>>
>>92826350
Don't you be talking shit about Mona the Vampire now, kid.
>>
>>92826391
Sorry, it was shit. Like every single Canadian cartoon I can think of, actually.
But this thread isn't about those piles of crap.
>>
>>92826322
they want to re-institute the royal line because they run the planet in a way that doesn't murder everyone.
>>
>>92826457
Then why bring them up, kid?
>>
>>92826505
For comparison purposes, "kid". You're too young to understand analogies, run along and play now.
>>
>>92826473
What does that have to do with Earth?
>>
>>92826539
>comparison purposes
>this is acceptable
Okay, kid.
>>
>>92826576
>this is acceptable
Who are you quoting faggot?
>>
>>92826601
>quoting
>implying
Silly kid.
>>
>>92826567
nothing
Galaluna is more important to them so it's a higher priority.
If the show had gone on I'm sure they would have done an episode or arc of Ilana being all weepy about a crushed orphanage and trying to hide on some moon instead, but it would be shown to be completely unrealistic.
>>
>>92826646
Well if you're not quoting anyone explain how your verbal diarrhea makes any sense, "kid".
>>
>>92826698
The show was unsalvageable. They could have done an entire season about it and it still wouldn't have changed the fact that the army and G3 were right, they were the real monsters to be destroyed at all costs if they refused to leave. Cancellation was the only option.
>>
>>92826699
>making sense
>"kid"
miami.jpeg
>>
>>92826787
Get out of my thread.
>>
File: Elevator.png (185KB, 616x385px) Image search: [Google]
Elevator.png
185KB, 616x385px
>>92822395
Can someone explain to me why Ilana dyed her hair and somehow got to the future that is Aku?
>>
>>92826754
you're talking like drama makes for bad television
or you think the show was real and they were actually wrecking cities in the production of each episode.
>>
File: SpaceBannon.jpg (43KB, 430x564px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceBannon.jpg
43KB, 430x564px
It is stated by Octus that without access to a Rift Gate getting back to Galaluna would be nearly impossible. And even if they did nothing would stop Modula from sending more monsters to Earth. So they can't leave, which leaves them with two options, stick to the original plan and wait for the King to regain control of the Rift Gate and send for them, or build their own Rift Gate on Earth.Lance's dad has probably already started doing that at G3.
>>
>>92822395
Lance and Ilana have been wanting to go back since they landed, do you think they WANT to leave Galaluna ruled by the enemy?
>>
>>92826802
Your butthurt is showing, kid.
ozarkmountainrange.png
>>
>>92826854
They could have gone the Megas route and had jokes about the buildings being empty (and later rebuilt), or found some way to have the monsters always land in empty areas, or even had the characters go into horrified shock after the first episode and MAKE the monsters never appear in the city again somehow. They didn't do ANY of that because the writers are not only hacks (which was demonstrated with the various other failings of the show as mentioned in the OP) but also cruel and callous. We all know "it's only a cartoon", that doesn't excuse it.
>>
>>92826859
>>92826874
THEY CAN FLY INTO SPACE. They should have gone to almost ANY OTHER PLANET, you telling me they couldn't find a much less populated one?

Oh, but those wouldn't have readily breathable atmosphere and shopping malls, right?
>>
>>92826967
peak autism
>>
>>92827016
Anon have you even watched the show or are you talking out your ass? Because you clearly do not understand nor comprehend what is happening.
>>
>>92827071
Ooh, crappy insults, THAT will change my mind.
>>92827120
I literally watched all 20 episodes in the last 2 days. Tell me, oh wise anon, what exactly am I missing here according to you?
>>
>>92827016
General Modula wouldn't know they left Earth. He would just continue to send monsters here in the hopes of destroying them. So if Lance, Ilana and Octus left Earth they would just be dooming it to monster infestation.
>>
Animation is awesome, writing is great, characters are entertaining, especially the robot.

They didn't know the planet was occupied by humans when they landed, and their ship crashed so they can't get off. But you would know that if you payed attention.
>>
>>92827274
They could make their signal obvious like they did in the early episodes.
>>92827309
Except the SBT can clearly fly into space.
>>
>>92827217
Your mind can't be changed, you're an idiot. I wrote that post for people who were not you.
>>
>>92827335
>Except the SBT can clearly fly into space.
And how far do you think it can get? Do you realize how fucking massive space is and the distance from just Earth to another planet in the solar system? Also, it's a cartoon about giant robots do. If you didn't think there was going to be some destruction and building collapsing you may be retarded.
>>
>>92827402
>posts a two-word insult in response to a well-written paragraph outlining serious shortcomings
>calls the OTHER guy an idiot
>>
>>92827217
You have shown yourself not to be capable of understanding the simple plot of this show and you've completly misinterpreted the show's story from being positive to negative in an amazing feat of mental gymnastics
>>
>>92827478
>well-written paragraph
You were intentionally vague and have proven many times to not understand anything the show is telling you. You are either very, very stupid or just want (you)s and deserve to be treated like a retard in any case.
>>
>>92827432
>>92827521
>>92827527
The fact is that none of these shitty attempted justifications matter. They MUST do everything possible to leave Earth and settle somewhere else.

They have a DUTY, an OBLIGATION to protect innocents above and beyond even the inhabitants of their own planet. They are essentially committing a war crime by not doing so.
>>
>muh messages

I bet you're a Futurefag, aren't you?
>>
>>92827578
Messages? No, I'm talking about basic morality outside the context of the show.
(And I'm a pastfag BTW, because dooming untold masses to horrific suffering under Aku for ages is not even remotely comparable to, let alone "worth", "saving" what little there remains of good in the Aku-ruled future.)
>>
>>92827573
>They have a DUTY, an OBLIGATION to protect innocents above and beyond even the inhabitants of their own planet.
But the people on their planet are also innocent? And there is no other inhabitable planet for thousands of miles in space? And if they die they're (innocent" planet loses it's last hope. Therefore, by staying on Earth, they are protecting innocents.
>>
>>92827734
>And there is no other inhabitable planet for thousands of miles in space?
You just don't get it - THIS IS NOT EARTH'S FUCKING PROBLEM. They have NO FUCKING RIGHT to risk countless lives because they need a hiding spot!

And "hope" is literally worthless compared to SAVING LIVES.
>>
>>92827734
*(innocent)*
>>
>>92827785
>You just don't get it - THIS IS NOT EARTH'S FUCKING PROBLEM.
But you aren't proposing another solution. Do you really think the people of earth would be so hearltess as to doom an entire planet to protect our own? Should we eject the whole group, who have defended us many times before, on the vague pretense of security? And by extension leave us open to being conquered by the same threat they are running from? You don't seem to be thinking this through.
>>
>>92827573
As it has been said in another post above, they cannot just leave Earth M'dulla wpuld not be aware and he would still send monsters after them. They defend Earth because they have an obligation too because of these great words that could be lost. "With great power comes great responsibility", if you can't understand what I'm getting at with that then please go read a book.
>>
>>92827859
How does them leaving Earth doom their planet? Even IF they lose their "hope" (not guaranteed) it's not comparable to actual massive loss of life.
>>
>>92827874
I've already addressed this ITT, stop repeating it.
>>
>>92827906
>How does them leaving Earth doom their planet?
Do the math.
>No other planet they can go to
>Only space
>Limited Supply of food and water
>Monsters will keep attacking Earth anyway
>Would literally be pointless and they would starve to death

Do you get it now?
>>
>>92828016
>No other planet they can go to
What?
>Only space
See previous.
>Limited Supply of food and water
So they can't find a planet with SOME amount of resources that doesn't have billions of nearly helpless inhabitants? If that's REALLY the case they can surely think of some way to get the food, even coming back to Earth occasionally to replenish their supplies is a possibility.
>Monsters will keep attacking Earth anyway
I already addressed this, they could simply make their signals obvious (as they did in the early episodes) so the monsters would follow them to a different planet. Eventually it would be clear they've moved permanently.
>Would literally be pointless and they would starve to death
See point #3. And pointless? Undergoing some hardship to potentially save BILLIONS is pointless? Wow.
>>
>>92828016
Why are you sincerely arguing with someone who is either mentally stunted or trolling?
>>
>>92827573
>They have a DUTY, an OBLIGATION to protect innocents above and beyond even the inhabitants of their own planet.
No they don't, nowhere does it say that. It's also stupid that you think desperate people don't fudge their morals to try and survive.
>But that makes them no better than the M'dulla
No, it doesn't, not even close. There is an obvious difference between intentional genocide and reckless fleeing from said genocide.
>>
>>92828222
Do you know what a war crime is?
>>
>>92828218
Nobody is arguing with you, because you're quite right: arguing with the likes of you is pointless.
>>
>>92828242
"an action carried out during the conduct of a war that violates accepted international rules of war."
where are the rules for this war? how could earth even be mentioned in those rules?
>>
>>92828191
>What?
One more time.
It has been established they CANNOT LEAVE THE SOLAR SYSTEM WITHOUT A GATE.
THERE ARE NO PLANETS THAT SUPPORT LIFE IN OUR OTHER THAN EARTH
EROG, THEY LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY, CANNOT LEAVE
>So they can't find a planet with SOME amount of resources that doesn't have billions of nearly helpless inhabitants?
Okay, you have not been paying attention. They LITERALLY CANNOT GET OUT OF THE FUCKING NEIGHBERHOOD YOU RETARD, let alone go fucking off to a gajillion planets.
>I already addressed this, they could simply make their signals obvious (as they did in the early episodes) so the monsters would follow them to a different planet.
Two major problems. 1. How do you know Earth wouldn't just be invaded anyways? If a despotic tyrant is chasing them it only makes sense that he'd be trying to take Earth too. So by leaving they would be making it much more vulnerable.
2. If they went to another planet that could support life they would be putting the people there in danger too.
>>92828218
I have to try
>>
>>92828341
>I have to try
Well, good luck, anon.
>>
>>92828297
The "rules" for this war, like those for any other one, strictly prohibit war crimes. And the entire populace of Earth consists of innocent civilians in respect to this particular conflict.
>>
>>92828191
OP do you really not get what he's trying to tell you? You're completly missing the point of what everyone is trying to tell you, plus you're contradicting yourself by saying they could go back to Earth for food. I pity you very much OP if you can't understand a simple show.
>>
>>92828341
>THERE ARE NO PLANETS THAT SUPPORT LIFE IN OUR OTHER THAN EARTH
You do realize these are aliens we're talking about, along with a functionally magical robot?

And the guy chasing them CLEARLY doesn't give a shit about Earth, to the point that after all those failures he doesn't bother going after them himself for some reason!
>If they went to another planet that could support life they would be putting the people there in danger too.
Those are some HUGE assumptions you're making there.
>>
>>92828406
Oh, I understand it. I just HATE it.

(And the monsters are clearly not chasing them anywhere near 24/7. There would easily be opportunities to replenish their supplies without needlessly putting Earth in danger.)
>>
>>92828486
>You do realize these are aliens we're talking about, along with a functionally magical robot?

NOW you're arguing about muh realism? Dude, you have been overthinking this entire series for the past twelve posts. You also seem very uneducated about Space. From what we know about the distance between planets. They would die of old age well before they reached home.
>And the guy chasing them CLEARLY doesn't give a shit about Earth, to the point that after all those failures he doesn't bother going after them himself for some reason!

Because he doesn't have a fleet of ships. Just a bunch of monsters. Even then he needs the GATE. Without the GATE no one can get anywhere. Since Lance and Ilanna don't have a GATE they cannot leave Earth.
>>
>>92828628
You're basically restating the same points I already explained were wrong.
>>
>>92828546
So by that logic you're admitting to willful ignorance and generally just being an ignorant retard?
>>
>>92825780
Mr Enter probably like this show.
>>
>>92828684
Why?
>>
>>92828657
Where did you disprove that the Titan can't travel between fucking solar systems? The burden of proof is on you
>>
File: 1466710308935.png (934KB, 513x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1466710308935.png
934KB, 513x1117px
Bravo OP, this is one of the most autistic threads I've seen on /co/ in a long as time.
>>
>>92828733
>travel between solar systems
First off, do you not realize how stupid this is?
Second, assuming you mean long-distance travel, where is the evidence that it's NOT possible? Because they travelled pretty fucking far when they needed to. What are the limits?
Third, they could go to the Moon or Mars or ANYWHERE that isn't Earth basically, and set up an closed atmosphere for themselves, perhaps with Octus' help. Yeah, they might go insane from the isolation, but it's infinitely preferable to PUTTING BILLIONS OF LIVES IN DANGER!
>>
>>92828733
Not the same guy but it's called having common sense and it's also shown and stated once again ITT that only a warp gate can do that shit and they would not have enough energy to continue going on. Travelling amongst the stars takes a long fucking time
>>
>>92828833
That insult is kinda overused ITT by now, I didn't even feel any reaction really. Try a different one.
>>
>>92825780
OP isn't repeating the same five second loop animation repeatedly during his post, so I'm confident he's not mr. enter.

>>92822395
>If they just left earth, the evil bad guy with a huge army that completely ravaged his own homeland would no longer have a reason to attack an ENTIRE PLANET FULL OF RESOURCES.

You are smart.
You are a smart OP.
I'm glad I'm in such a smart thread from a smart OP.
>>
>>92828886
We're talking about the same "evil bad guy" who can't be bothered to get up off his lazy ass and go through the gate himself to fight them, right?
>>
>>92828878
Well shit now I'm confused on who I'm replying to
>>
>>92828841
>First off, do you not realize how stupid this is?
No, explain it to me
>Second, assuming you mean long-distance travel, where is the evidence that it's NOT possible?
That's not how it works. You provided the claim, you prove it. Prove how they can travel to another solar system with evidence from the show.
>>
>>92828982
I'm not proving shit, other than your idiocy in saying "solar system". SOLAR system. Think about it, anon.
>>
>>92828908
Dodging the issue here.

If Titan Left earth, Modula would have a planet with defences much weaker than Luna full of water, minerals and labor to take.

He knows earth exists now and the damage is done. They'd be dooming the earth if they left.

I await your next goalpost shift, op.
>>
>>92829039
No, not dodging. He clearly ONLY cares about ruling that one planet. He doesn't give a flying fuck about Earth or any other planets in and of themselves if he can't be bothered to go there.
>>
>>92829002
>other than your idiocy in saying "solar system". SOLAR system.
You want them to go to other planets that support life. Planets can only support life with a sun. They cannot leave our solar system.
>>
>>92829132
There is only one SOLAR system, anon. You're talking about STAR systems.
>>
>>92828881
>I didn't even feel any reaction really.
Because you're an autist.
>>
>>92829146
Oh fuck off you pedantic cunt you knew what I meant. You still haven't proven jack shit.
>>
>>92829084
Yeah. He doesn't care about the earth. Or ruling the earth.
After he's finished conquering Gala Luna he would probably just pillage the shit out of it and leave it rot.
>>
File: 1453214179987.jpg (70KB, 615x406px) Image search: [Google]
1453214179987.jpg
70KB, 615x406px
>>92828881

How about this: You're a brainlet who's trying way too hard to look smart by over-analyzing a children's cartoon about giant anime robots that mash things, and going so hard that you swing right back around to sounding like a fucking spastic.

They won't leave Earth because in the show they specify that they can't return home. Doesn't need to be explained further. By the logic of the show, they're stuck their until they get another rift gate.

>B-BUT WHY DON'T THEY RELOCATE TO ANOTHER PLANET

Because never is it specified outright that Titan is even capable of that. And even if it were, maybe they don't have the resources to survive on another planet. (Which is why they chose Earth in the first place, it's habitable.)

They defend Earth from the monsters to lessen the amount of collateral damage from those monsters hunting them down, but there's no way for them to 100% avoid it. If left unchecked, even one of Modula's creatures would decimate earth. They feel bad about it, but it's out of their control. It's not like they endorse wrecking the city every other week.

But even then, it's just a cartoon nigga. They're on Earth because "refugee aliens hiding on earth" is the premise. There doesn't need to be a moral debate over it, that's just the hand the characters were dealt. Them trying to live with it is what creates the conflict in the show, and their actions do have direct consequences later in the show's run. Not every character in every show needs to be "right", if anything having flawed protagonists with questionable ethics and motivations is more interesting than them just being straight up "good guys protecting earth from bad guys".

That shades of gray dynamic and their relationship with the people of Earth, who they're both responsible for harming and the saviors of, IS the show.
>>
>>92822395
OP reminds me of Barneyfag.
>>
The fact that about half this thread consists of basic insults says a lot of things about /co/, none of them at all positive.
>>
>>92822395
>that it is OKAY to endanger an entire planet of people for your own purposes.

The fuck are you talking about? Lance and Ilana had no idea where they were going. The king put them on a fucking ship and blasted them into a portal before either could say a word edgewise. And even after arriving, they always tried to avoid doing serious damage, just look at the one where they're forced to fight near their home and just barely avoid face planting onto a kid playing in a pool.
>>
>>92825234
Nigga, they would still be FOLLOWED because Modula is tracking them. Where else could they that they could live on when not fighting?
>>
>>92829274
You can justify it all you want, I don't care about their motivations. They have no right to use Earth in that way regardless of the consequences for their own planet. Period.

(And you didn't really present any new arguments BTW.)
>>92829714
Anywhere without puny humans, perhaps?
>>
>>92829657
>waah, stop insulting people for having poor understanding of how story structure works
Cry me a river, newfag.
>>
>>92829672
Why did the king blast them there, then?

And even so, they should have LEFT (and sent a signal so the monsters would know about it). Regardless of the consequences!
>>
>>92829749
It wouldn't be so bad if they were at least a bit creative, but repeating "autist" like 10x in one thread, and against one poster, is rather stupid.
>>
>>92829778
Blast them where?

>>92829734
Any world with life would be just as in danger. At least earth has military might, and people like G3 who can help out.
>>
>>92829734

Yeah, that's the POINT you fucking dingus. There doesn't need to be any other arguments or explanations.

I know the insult might be "overused", but I think you might be LEGITIMATELY autistic if you can't identify character struggles if they're not morally in the right. Them being on Earth is detrimental to everyone else on the planet who is caught in the crossfire, but they don't have any other options so they deal with the consequences. (By fighting the monsters and trying to lessen the loss of life at their hand.)

That IS the show, but clearly that went over your head.
>>
>>92822395
>Muh morals
Go to church instead of watching toons then, moralfag.
>>
>>92829734
Hey fag. You haven't fully responded to this>>92828982
Provide evidence
>>
>>92829839
So what if they're ganging up on OP? He's not providing any kind of sound argument but "it's a bad moral because I say it is" and "they should just go elsewhere that isn't earth" like the fucking plot is somehow inconveniencing HIM directly.
>>
>>92829734
I like how this has boiled down to OP being personally insulted that the earth is involved in the show.

That's one of the reasons the show was cancelled, by the way. Earth Filed a copyright claim with Cartoon Network, and it was too similar to the original planet to claim fair use.
>>
>>92829734
Anons I don't think we should bother with OP anymore he clearly has an IQ smaller than a Chicken, I wonder if OP even knows how to make a story that makes sense?
>>
>>92829856
>blasted them into a portal

The military and secret organization that even together were completely ineffective against ordinary monsters of the week?

And you're assuming they couldn't find an uninhabited planet to set up a base on, or at least one with more powerful inhabitants than puny humans.
>>
>>92829865
Not to mention earth is probably one of the few worlds similar to Galaluna that they can blend in on. A world with actual non-humanoids would just be the same as standing in the open with a sign saying "Shoot me"
>>
>>92829936
>A world with actual non-humanoids would just be the same as standing in the open with a sign saying "Shoot me"
WHICH THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE if there was no other option. Fucking shit, has everyone on /co/ lost it? DO YOU KNOW WHAT WAR CRIMES MEAN?
>>
>>92829912
1) Their homeworld was being INVADED. Pretty sure not even the king had the foresight to set them up with a goddamn Power Rangers secret base on some empty planet.

2)Mutradi are clearly more dangerous than whatever G3 has probably been up against, and we can assume Steele has had run-ins with other aliens given how well acquainted he is with Solomon.

3)You're seriously missing the whole point of why they were sent to earth; to be able to hide and not be easily found if they were alone elsewhere.
>>
>>92829897
I already responded, I said I won't prove shit because he's right, there's no evidence of that. There's also no proof for a million other things that we can assume about the show because it's a one-season, 20-episode CARTOON.
>>
>>92829912
>The millitary and Secret organizations that even together were completely ineffective against ordinary monster of the week?

Again, if it would take so little effort for modula to pillage and destory the earth WHY DO YOU THINK IT WOULD BE SAFE IF TITAN LEFT!?

"Because he would ignore it" You really think that's what would happen?
>>
>>92829961
Nothing of what they've done is remotely a war crime you fantastic fucking buffoon. If they went to another world that was empty, they'd be found easier than a goddamn ink stain on a sheet of paper.
>>
>>92829900
Thanks for the laugh, anon.
But in all seriousness we can't let /co/ judge our cartoons, this board has clearly gone insane.
>>
File: 1459022226956.png (22KB, 553x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459022226956.png
22KB, 553x400px
So is this a shitpost thread, or is OP just that fucking autistic.

I litterally cannot tell.
>>
>>92830001
Also, probable fan theory would have the king send them to earth because another galalunian is on earth; one that formed G3 and has an emotional bond with lance.
>>
>>92830042
Yes.
>>92830074
I'm not remotely shitposting, I'm horrified actually.
>>
>>92830074
OP is just that fucking autistic. This is going to be a thread to remember.
>>
>>92830084
Oh man, Look at all that shit happening to France and Poland and the rest of Europe.

Good thing we're all the way over here in England. They'll probably just ignore us...
>>
>>92830078
Was thinking the same. Always possible Lance's dad contacted the king, but told him to not send help, but instead let him handle the kids should anything happen to the kingdom.
>>
>>92830084
So you're either autistic or being a willful idiot then?
>>
>>92830145
>he thinks every war was like WWII
The American education system has really done terrible things to you guys.
>>
File: 1493754577614.jpg (44KB, 385x432px) Image search: [Google]
1493754577614.jpg
44KB, 385x432px
>>92829657

The other half is about telling one retard that he's wrong and dumb for obvious reasons, those insults are justified
>>
>>92830199
Nope, neither. I'm fighting off the terrifying hordes.
>>
>>92829839

You might have a point if OP didn't come across like someone having textbook, actual autism.

Of course people are gonna jump on it.
>>
>>92830016
Then why are you complaining about shit like ethics?
>>
>>92830236

>Everyone in this thread disagrees with me, but surely they are some kind of hate mob and they are the ones who are wrong
>>
>>92830303
Because those are universal at the basic level, or at least ought to be.
>>
>>92830311
Quite right. I did say it's terrifying, did I not?
>>
>>92830341
Now you really are baiting, tell me OP were you planning on this to happen?
>>
>>92830318

Newsflash idiot, conflict is rarely black and white. Especially in war. If you can only deal in absolutes, you're super narrowminded and clueless about how the world works.
>>
>>92830368
Turning sarcastic in the face of an unstoppable enemy isn't baiting, anon. I fully stand by every actual point I've made ITT, every single one.
>>
>>92830376
There's a reason the definition of war crimes is international, and enforced as such.
>>
>>92830203
>Modula's alien army of monsters couldn't possibly be as ruthless as those dang gum nazi's
>>
>>92830427
Nobody said anything about them being "ruthless"
Learn to read.
>>
>>92830400
Nah you're baiting, you're just in idiocy enforced denial
>>
>>92830400
But how can you stand by points that have been consistently proven wrong?
>>
>>92830420
And yet it has no application to the series whatsoever.
>>
>>92830467
Nope, still no baiting, looks like you're the one in denial here.
>>92830482
Because they haven't been?
>>
>>92830513
Did you even read the rest of this thread, anon?
>>
>>92830482

Yeah, OP is officially shitposting if he's trying convince anyone that he's proven anyone wrong by going "NUH UH" and "WHY COULDNT THEY DO THIS?" to every reasonable counter argument to gis idiocy. Move on, nothing to see here.

This is either really good bait, or OP is hopeless and not worth the time.
>>
>>92830514
Flipping the tables won't work, you're baiting. Or maybe you're right and I just have to give up hope and accept the fact that you are an idiot incapable of understanding concepts that even kids could understand.
>>
>>92830584
>by going "NUH UH" and "WHY COULDNT THEY DO THIS?" to every reasonable counter argument to gis idiocy.
>He can't prove them wrong by pointing out holes in their shitty arguments!
>>
>>92830514
>Because they haven't been?
Your main argument has been that they can't stay on Earth because it brings danger to the populace. Others have responded that it was impossible to leave, as mentioned in the show. You responded that they could use Titan to travel to a different planet. Everyone else said that it couldn't and you needed a gate to travel long distances through space. You claimed that it was just a cartoon and they should be able to travel through space despite the show making it very. very clear they can't. You haven't won jack shit nigger. All you've done is dodge questions and act undeservedly smug and the worst part is I actually think you believe this shit.
>>
>>92830420
Sorry guys, I'm gonna humor this one.

If Modula had sent some sort of ambassador or any form of communication to the earth governments in some shape or form, demanding they hand them over, then you might have a point.

he does not do that, though. IF HE DID, you would have a point.

No negotiation, no ultimatums, no warning. He just flat out goes right through the earth to get to what he wants.

If even a bit of that was in the show, you would have an argument.
>>
>>92830600
Understanding isn't the same thing as accepting. Maybe when YOU'RE older you'll understand that
>>
>>92830624
Now you're making even less sense
>>
>>92830643
>despite the show making it very. very clear they can't.
No, I SPECIFICALLY pointed out the show had them travelling through space multiple times. The other idiot started an argument over HOW FAR they could go, which is just retarded to discuss in a cartoon like this - if they're in space, they should be able to go anywhere that doesn't require some special tech like that gate, i.e. everywhere in the Earth's "universe" (not sure what the in-show term is).
>>
>>92830679
>WHY COULDNT THEY DO THIS?
This is literally the definition of a valid argument. You can't just dismiss it out of hand.
>>
>>92830548
What Lance and Ilana are doing is not a war crime.
>>
>>92822395
>muh main characters are anti-heros
Fuck off.
>>
>>92830891
Clearly you don't understand the term then.
>>
>>92830724
Only twice. And both times were clearly not that far from earth. It's fair to assume they can only go so far before needing to stop and recharge their suits.
>>
>>92830905
They're sociopathic villains, not even close to any type of hero.
>>92830929
That was never even implied in the show. You're the one who's making assumptions.
>>
>>92830923
>>92830644
>>
>>92830958
>You're the one who's making assumptions.
Saying that they can travel indefinitely through space in short amount of time is also making an assumption wouldn't you say?
>>
>>92830644
BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT EARTH
He barely even knows ANYTHING about the planet. I doubt he is even aware of its resources.
>>
>>92830958
>sociopathic villains
No, they're not. Not every hero needs to be Jesus incarnate. Morally questionable acts usually make characters more complex.
>>
>>92830958
>They're sociopaths now.

HOLY shit! I haven't had this much fun since that guy who kept screaming that Nintendo commited Genocide by making a video game.
>>
>>92830994
No, I wouldn't. Because limitations are something that should be explicitly stated, you can't just assume them, and especially not an arbitrary amount which is just enough to say "oh well, they can't go far enough to find another planet."
>>
File: 1489898844491.png (374KB, 733x517px) Image search: [Google]
1489898844491.png
374KB, 733x517px
>this entire thread
I haven't seen this level of pure autism in some time
>>
>>92830923
I do, and it doesn't apply to them you idiot.
>>
>>92831041
>you can't just assume them
But here >>92830724
you do,
> if they're in space, they should be able to go anywhere that doesn't require some special tech like that gate

How is that not an assumption?
>>
File: 192554378965.gif (4MB, 200x165px) Image search: [Google]
192554378965.gif
4MB, 200x165px
>>
>>92831075
We don't have any information to say for sure one way or the other. In the absence of said info, we have to assume the status quo, which is "they can travel in space". Period. How far is NOT specified.
>>
>>92831045
I think we've found our new Barneyfag, anon.
>>
>>92830958
Learn to read, dipshit. I said ASSUME. Even then, do you really think they have infinite power and just fly wherever they please? Are you retarded?
>>
>>92831125
see >>92831105

Also, don't copy my insults.
>>
>>92831005
He's not making any effort to get Lance and Illana from earth through Diplomacy or negotiation so that makes him the one responsible for outright attacking the planet.
>>
>>92831175
Nobody said he wasn't, fool. He's obviously a war criminal too, but we're not supposed to sympathize with him, unlike the literal pieces of shit that this show has for main characters.
>>
>>92831105
>How far is NOT specified.
Exactly. But you tried specifying it here>>92830724
>if they're in space, they should be able to go anywhere that doesn't require some special tech like that gate
Which you have just now admitted was an unsubstantiated claim
>>
>>92831155
I'll fucking say what I please to that fucking dipshit.
>>
>>92831220
"Anywhere" is not a specific amount.
>>
>>92831105
Do you not understand how big a galaxy is compared to a solar system?

it's like comparing the size of your bedroom to the pacific ocean.
>>
>>92831208
>unlike the literal pieces of shit that this show has for main characters
>they're horrible because my autism says so!
>>
>>92831208
>being this much of a moralfag
>>
>>92831249
I was referring to the "learn to read" part, actually.
Dipshit.
>>
>>92831295
see >>92831262
>>
>>92831262
But it was a claim. One of the main points for your argument was that it should be assumed that they can go to other planets, (here>>92830724). However later on you contradicted yourself and
wrote >>92831105 which said that how far they can travel is not specified. If it is not specified then how do you know they can go anywhere?
>>
>>92829961
Do YOU know what war crimes mean? Because there is nothing in any of the Geneva Conventions about militaries having to absolutely avoid civilian casualties anywhere regardless of cost.
>>
>>92831390
Because we have nothing else to go on, unless you can bring in Genndy for an interview.
>>
>>92831311
So fucking what if I said that as well? God, you're sounding as autistic as OP if you're upset that I said "learn to read"
>>
>>92831460
>Because we have nothing else to go on
Exactly. The distance is undetermined. Which means you can't say they can travel far enough to another planet without them explicitly having gone there.
>>
>>92831447
It's an illegal violation of neutrality, AND one that puts civilian lives at *guaranteed* risk. It's a war crime on multiple levels.
>>
>>92829961
LEADERS OF AN INVADED NATION ARE ALLOWED TO SEEK EXILE IN A NEUTRAL TERRITORY YOU UNMITIGATED ASSHOLE. It is Modula committing the war crime for attacking neutral territory.
>>
>>92831510
"Undetermined" is closer to "infinite" than any specified amount, anon.
>>
>>92831515
It doesn't apply here because they're fucking aliens who have no idea what the world they were going to was even like. Even then, even fucking then, you're autistically overthinking the whole fucking thing because the show's moral is not about "it's okay to endanger other worlds", you fucking retard.
>>
>>92831515
See >>92831552
>>
>>92831552
If the neutral territory accepts them. THIS NEUTRAL TERRITORY'S AUTHORITIES HAVE REJECTED THEM, YET THEY REMAIN THERE!
>>
>>92831571
>"Undetermined" is closer to "infinite" than any specified amount, anon.
No. Undetermined is unconfirmed. All we know is that they can travel into space near Earth. Since they haven't gone far enough past Earth to another planet, we cannot conclude that they can.
>>
>>92831579
>the show's moral is not about "it's okay to endanger other worlds"
As the viewer, I'll decide that thank you very much
>>
>>92831208
If you need help. You should seek out help. If your sick, or hurt or in financial trouble, or you think people are after you, YOU SHOULD SEEK HELP!
Yes, you'll be a burden, But people will understand you're doing as much as you can to be as little of a burden as possible and will help you.
You have to seek that help out though, and trust they will accept it.

It might surprise you that that is a good lesson to teach children, but it is, as a matter of fact, a good lesson.

A cartoon telling children that they should instead go crawl in a whole and wait for death IS NOT A GOOD MORAL.
>>
File: ajx49zlivjwy.jpg (79KB, 1244x979px) Image search: [Google]
ajx49zlivjwy.jpg
79KB, 1244x979px
>>92831552
holy shit
I think OP is like 11 years old or something
there's no other explanation for this behavior
>>
>>92822395
Finally someone who hates this show too.
If the "heroes" just died, everyone would be better off.
>>
>>92822395
>Even the idea of the robot itself is so stupid
What the fuck is wrong with you, faggot? Where the fuck is your DAMASHII?
>>
>>92831650
Doesn't mean you get to decide for us as well, autist.
>>
>>92831651
They are not children! THEY ARE ENEMY COMBATANTS seeking "refuge" on a DEFENSELESS PLANET (that military is a joke).
>>
>>92831702
If I'm smarter than you, I definitely should at least.
>>
>>92831599
There aren't any precedents for accepting the exile of leaders from an alien world. And of the two authority groups used in the show, only one is openly hostile, the other is curious and eventually allies with the Galalunans, and it is implied at the end of the season that Steel will eventually ally with them too.
>>
>>92831731
being autistic doesn't mean you're smarter
it just means you think you're smarter while the rest of us laugh at your autism
>>
>>92831688
Sorry, I don't engage in cultural appropriation. Do let me know if there's a culturally translated dub I can watch though.
>>
>>92831681
That wasn't OP, that was me, and I was arguing against OP.
>>
>>92831713
>>92831731
Respond to
>>92831638
If you don't respond to this i'm going to assume you concede the point of Lance and Ilanna not being able to move to another planet.
>>
>>92831731
Smarter how? Because you overthought about a cartoon's moral? That's hardly smart in any sense of the world. It's laughable.
>>
>>92831755
He's a traitor, though. And honestly, if Steel allies with them despite the number of casualties that were ALREADY implied in the show, he's a traitor too by international standards.
>>
>mfw skimming this thread

It might be that time OP.
>>
>>92831789
>>92831638
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this specific point. There is simply not enough info.
>>
>>92825125
Gravity Falls.
Mabel literally causes the apocalypse and Dipper always apologizes. She does a bunch of crazy shit, like the puppet show thing to impress a dude, that goes terribly wrong and Dipper has to apologize.
>>
>>92831831
>I AM THE INTERNATIONAL STANDARD!
>I AM THE DECIDER OF ALL I THAT I SEE
>I
>AM
>GOD!!!!
>>
>>92831856
What time?
>>
File: 1495795927978.gif (851KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495795927978.gif
851KB, 400x300px
I guess Transformers and Superman are trash too?
>>
>>92831901
I haven't watched those, if you can explain them without major spoilers go ahead.
>>
>>92831929
Both involve aliens coming to earth and becoming magnets for huge fights. The former of which literally crash with their enemies and immediately being warring when they reawaken.
>>
>>92831859
>We're going to have to agree to disagree on this specific point.
Oh no. Without this your argument falls apart. If Lance and Illana HAVE NOT been shown to move to a different planet. HAVE NOT mentioned once even the possibility of going to a different planet. And if the ONLY time they were in space was near Earth, then we can assume they cannot travel to a different planet out of the solar system. If they cannot travel to a different planet outside of the solar system, the Earth is the only one they can go to. If Earth is the only one they can go to, then they aren't in the wrong by staying there.
>>
>>92831981
Okay, so you want to continue arguing when there's no point? I told you, I retain my position because of the reasons I already explained.
>>
>>92831979
Do those shows imply widespread casualties?
>>
>>92832037
>I retain my position because of the reasons I already explained.
You claimed that there wasn't enough info. I agree. So all we have is what the show tells us. And the show seems to tell us that it isn't possible, once again
>>92831981
>If Lance and Illana HAVE NOT been shown to move to a different planet. HAVE NOT mentioned once even the possibility of going to a different planet. And if the ONLY time they were in space was near Earth, then we can assume they cannot travel to a different planet out of the solar system.
>>
>>92832067
Superman literally once nuked Metropolis himself in one story.

And while G1 TF couldn't really imply it, most fans assumed the Autobot and Decepticon war wasn't exactly good for the humans.
>>
>>92832101
>Superman literally once nuked Metropolis himself in one story.
Capeshit doesn't really count, though. It's littered with reset buttons.

This show hasn't demonstrated any such thing.
>>
>>92832086
Look man, even if they didn't have the capability AT THAT MOMENT they should have worked on it every spare second they had. Surely Octus could have figured it out.

You're not going to convince me it's impossible.
>>
>>92831929
>I haven't watched those, if you can explain them without major spoilers go ahead.
You're on /co/ and yet don't know the basic premise of Transformers? That's weird, but I can believe it. Superman? Fuck off.

It's a franchise older than your grandparents that has been dissected, deconstructed, and discussed hundreds of times over in countless media forms.

And you are actually asking somebody to summarize it for you "without spoilers".

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>92832199
OP is a fucking idiot that's what
>>
File: TeenTitansTogether.png (177KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansTogether.png
177KB, 500x348px
>>92832199
I don't read comics, and I'm not into capeshit per se. Hence this is just about the only such show I've watched (thanks to /co/, I might add).
>>
>>92832183
>they should have worked on it every spare second they had. Surely Octus could have figured it out.
Do you honestly think they weren't trying to get home? Of fucking course Octis was planning a way to get back, but even if he did find one, making another one of those warp gates, which seem to be the only thing capable of such a long distance of travel, on a relatively technological primitive world must take YEARS at most. So if they have no choice in staying and they can't leave, then they aren't being selfish and they're heroes after all.
>>
>>92832287
But my whole point is that they didn't have to go *home*, just leave Earth. Which is much easier.
>>
>>92832301

Still, under the assumption that rift gates are required for interplanetary travel as the show implies, it would still take Octis YEARS.

For all intents and purposes, they were stuck.
>>
>>92832301
>Which is much easier.
Even just getting to another habitable planet would have taken a device like the gate. If they could have they would have, but since the show doesn't see them mentioning it, doesn't see it happening, and doesn't imply it happening, they cannot leave Earth.
>>
>>92832151
So because the show doesn't have a loose continuity, it's not the same thing?

Are you fucking kidding me? What kind of autistic exemption is that?
>>
>>92832366
An assumption NOT supported by the show itself.
>>92832368
I didn't say "habitable planet", did I now?
>>
>>92832263
Then why in the fuck are you on /co/ when roughly 80% of its discussion is cape stuff?
>>
>>92832411
It would likely take a lengthy philosophical debate for me to even attempt to explain this to you. Do you want that?
>>
>>92832489
To stand up for the little guy. We ARE the 20%!
>>
>>92832422

It is. Give me one example of them being able to travel far enough into space to reach another planet in OUR solar system, let alone another that can support life.

Two can play at that game retard. The only interplanetary travel seen has REQUIRED gates.
>>
>>92832422
>I didn't say "habitable planet", did I now?
Even so, ANY planet with resources worth having would require years of effort.
>>
>>92832301
WE'RE GONNA BUILD A WALL! AND MAKE GALALUNA PAY FOR IT!
>>
>>92832554
Would be an excellent idea tbqfh, at least if they couldn't GET RID OF THE FUCKING ALIENS RESIDING ON THEIR PLANET ILLEGALLY!
>>
>>92832422
Considering how long it took them to travel further out into the solar system, Traveling to another star system that has a planet that's even remotely capable of hiding out in would take well over 20 years.

and that's a generous estimate.

>>92832491
By all means let your ideas festor in your own head where they won't have to challenged in any way.
>>
File: 1488033625591.jpg (35KB, 400x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488033625591.jpg
35KB, 400x579px
>This thread

You're all taking the bait.
>>
>>92832709
I actually think he's serious. This has become a personal mission for me. No one this stupid can exist without it being proven how stupid they are.
>>
>>92832754

No one can be that stupid without a complete and utter lack of self awareness. On the off chance this isn't bait, he's a lost cause.

You'll have to live with the fact that you could potentially be sharing a community with mouthbreathers like OP. (might be)
>>
>>92832301

Why didn't Frodo just wish that the one ring would teleport him to Mordor?

It never says the ring can't do that, so it's possible. He's responsible for all the people that died trying to get him there.

That's what you sound like
>>
>>92822395
You should watch Clutch Cargo.
>>
>>92825383
I like XLR but honestly that show was pure repeated formula with no real progress.
>>
Please forgive me for bumping this godforsaken thread cursed by op, but before this thread dies may someone please screencap the hell that was OP's stupidity?
>>
>>92832491
No, because there's no philosophy behind your bullshit excuse.
>>
>>92833255
That was part of the joke; Coop couldn't improve himself.
>>
>>92833974
It was the Phineas and Furb of giant robot cartoons.
>>
>>92834160
>Furb
GODDAMN CROSS DIMENSIONAL FAGS!
>>
>>92832543
They did go to a G3 space station around Saturn in episode 18.
>>
>>92834522
All that confirms is they can go deep into our solar system. We don't know how far the galaxy that Galaluna (much less any possible others) are from our own, meaning they might not have the power to travel there in one go.
>>
>>92834522
And the Mutraddi are from a different planet than Galaluna and interplanetary ships are a thing, but we are basically working with Stargate rules here. Ships take time, the rift gate is instantaneous.

And even if they did leave, Modula would have no reason to not obliterate Earth anyways just so the princess would have one less place to hide. Meaning the only moral thing for them to do is to stay and Earth and protect the innocent people they inadvertently put in danger, to the best of their abilities.
>>
>>92834806
Weird that Modula hadn't sent a fleet to earth, unless there's risk involved with numerous vessels versus singular crafts/large creatures.

Granted, the show also worked on Sentai/Giant Robot logic, hence why we had creatures like giant sentient magma blobs and fearsome threesomes.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.