[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you retards still watching superhero movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 4309954_orig.jpg (49KB, 481x404px)
4309954_orig.jpg
49KB, 481x404px
Why are you retards still watching superhero movies?
>>
>>92820628
I keep thinking this was a Dreamworks film when it was actually a Disney one. Makes sense considering the high quality, but it's easy to forget.
>>
>>92820628
they are pretty entertaining, i can keep coming back to them, and i just love seeing the characters

a lot like star wars really
>>
>>92820628
Are there any other kinds of movies even being made now?
>>
Hollywood is absurdly abundant of 100 million dollar+ wannabe blockbusters.
>>
File: 1468136598044.png (239KB, 680x440px) Image search: [Google]
1468136598044.png
239KB, 680x440px
>>92820628
I don't though, this isn't /tv/, it is /co/..
>>
>>92820628
instead what?
>>
>>92820628
>character from failed modern pulp film taking shit about capes
Helga, honey, you can shut the fuck up.

Seriously, am I the only one seeing the irony there?
>>
>>92821224
That is some slim irony, man.
>>
>>92820628
At least we weren't blown up.
>>
>>92820628
Pic related is damn hot, but she only had, like, two facial expressions throughout the entire movie. I kept expecting her to show some hidden depths of emotions, but she kept acting like a boring, predictable plank of wood until the end.
>>
>>92821286
I'm just saying, a pot ought'nt call a kettle black, especially when pots arguably spawned the kettles in the first place.
>>
>>92820628
>Why are you retards still watching superhero movies?
In the last 12 years I've watched the following:
GotG
Deadpool
Wolverine Origins workprint

No seriously, that's it. Also, no Star Wars movies. Sorry to disappoint you OP
>>
>>92820628
I have some weird vague memories of this chick being thrown off a plane, wtf
>>
>>92821210
Reading comics, watching cartoons, or watching movies that aren't big budget mind numbing schlock.
>>
>>92820628
Why is an an adult obsessing over and sexualizing cartoons made for children?
>>
>>92822292
I guarantee that the MCU is better than the majority of dumbshit comics, cartoons and movies discussed on /co/. But no, go on and make our 100th Hey Arnold nostalgia thread or post more Gravity Falls incest art. That's really elevating animation as an artform.
>>
>>92820628
The novelty hasn't worn off yet.

Give it time.
>>
>>92822273
Well she was pushed off a hot air balloon and fell to her death so you weren't that far off
>>
>>92820628
Why do anything at all?
>>
>>92820628
Because I'm old enough to pick an choose what I do and don't want to watch, as well as mature enough not to care what strangers think.
>>
>>92824149
Nothing...personal.
>>
>>92822447
>MCU

>Better then anything

Seriously, when are we banning /tv/?
>>
>>92824342

This.

The only thing the MCU is better than is the DCEU.
>>
>>92824342
>>92824369
The MCU as a whole is more critically acclaimed than the majority of Disney films, Big 2 comics, and CN shows which is the majority of discussion on /co/
>>
>>92824342
As soon as posting multiple threads about the same stupid shows (SU) are banned
>>
>>92820628
Because we want to. Why do you watch things that you like?
>>
>>92824149
;_; what the hell
>>
Because the 616-ish take on superheroes I've known all my life without being crushed under the weight of decades of continuity or bullshit like Secret Empire appeals to me

Also I'm perpetually bored.
>>
File: 955572-the_evil_owlman.jpg (108KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
955572-the_evil_owlman.jpg
108KB, 1920x1080px
Let's see how varied /co/'s taste in comic films are. Nothing is off limits. Animated and live action are both on the table as well as motion comics (although I can't imagine any of them holding up extremely well). Extremis wasn't too bad though. In no particular order, top five /co/ movies.

1. The Incredibles
>No Capes

2. Watchmen
>It is an incredibly flawed movie that still is entirely unique and distinct from other /co/ films.

3. Spider-Man 2/X-Men 2
>Both films are superior sequels that improved upon the original in every way whether it be more complex stories and more intriguing characters. If I had to pick I'd say X-Men 2 but not by much.

4. Hellboy
>This one is mostly for nostalgia but I feel it still holds up. The directing is gorgeous and use of practical effects when applicable makes for an engrossing movie that still surpasses its contemporaries in many key areas.

5. Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
>I just realized that I was about to finish a list without including this gem. I literally love everything about this movie. Crime Boss Superman. In your face Superwoman and her boo Owlman (brilliant portrayed by James Woods). And a Batman rendition (William Baldwin) that stands apart from Conroy while still being every bit and intimidating. Also this Batman gets rag dolled in almost all his fights (which makes sense in context) which makes for a more believable character Lastly, the music is fucking spot on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-rl0tfQO9E

Honorable Mentions
>Unbreakable
>Batman-Batman Returns
>Iron Man (2008)
>Batman Begins - The Dark Knight
>>
File: Endless Trash.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Endless Trash.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
>>92821210
Good movies that aren't being greenlit because you keep going to the bad superhero ones.
>>
File: shame cube.gif (496KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
shame cube.gif
496KB, 250x188px
Because people keep fucking forcing me to and insisting that they're good when they're ok at best.

I just want to watch shit that I want to watch, is that so hard for people to understand?
>>
>>92824469
"Critically acclaimed"

When it just repeats the same tired plot over and over again.

Also, all the things you listed are /co/ related, the MCU isn't.
>>
>>92824574
As retarded and toxic as that show is, at least it's /co/ related. You're the cancer we have to deal with first before dealing with that cancer.
>>
>>92824934
In no particular order:
>Watchmen
>The Losers
>Persepolis
>Sin City 1
>Winter Soldier
>>
>>92820628
Because im living out on my postponed adolecense.
Kids are so lucky these days. They have all they kickass super hero movies coming every year while I didn't have that growing up.
My childhood fucking sucked.
No games, no good super hero movies, no internet, nothing that millenials take for granted these days.

So just fuck off and let me enjoy my "childish" cape movies please. They are fun to watch and fill that empty void I missed out on as a kid.
>>
>>92826863
>>92826863
>>Watchmen
Love it!
>>The Losers
So surprised to see this posted. This was an underrated film that I feel flew under the radar with a fantastic cast and great chemistry.
>>Persepolis
Interesting choice. Needs a rewatch.
>>Sin City 1
Excellent choice. Although I don't enjoy Sin City as much as I did at first watching, I still appreciate it for what it endevoured to accomplish.
>>Winter Soldier
Probably the most consistently paced and enjoyable movies ever put out by Marvel. It was the first movie to ever make Captain America seem like an absolute monster in combat rather than just a beefed up strongman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGywt-wmTUw
>>
>>92821782
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>92826159
Yeah because GotG 2, Civil War, and the first Iron Man all sure have the same plot. If you actually watched the movies and thought for yourself you wouldn't come off as such a brain dead faggot.
>>
>>92826159
>>92826177
>movie adaptations of comic books aren't /co/ related

I want stupid people to leave
>>
>>92827252
Then why haven't you?
>>
>>92827099
... Do you not know of the common phrase "pot calling the kettle black"? The fuck, anon.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.