[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silverwing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Silverwingmc.jpg (58KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
Silverwingmc.jpg
58KB, 665x375px
Do anyone else remembers this majestic but highly disturbing series?
After the cannibalistic episode I was never the same
>>
>>92811958

I didn't even know they made a series out of those books. The one with the Camazotz bat and the humans using bats as suicide bombers was pretty fucked up.
>>
>>92812114
Overall it was a pretty fucked up series.

It was only 12 episodes released like 15 years ago. I think it was only broadcasted once with one re-run. But that was enough to give me some nightmares
>>
>>92811958
I only have a very vague memory of this series

Except the implied disembowelment, that stayed with me.
>>
>>92811958
>>92812114
>>92813365

>Cannibalism
>Making the character forced suicide bombers
>Disembowelment.

God Damn, was this the edgiest cartoon ever?
>>
>>92815025

Nah the cartoon was pretty tame.

Some onscreen killing of course, because animals have to eat, and at least one or two signs of the cannibalism mentioned explicitly shown, but no guts or blood.

You know the basic 'this is as far as we can get showing kids people dying' approach.
>>
>>92811958
Not to be that guy, but the books were better.
>>
>>92815680
EXCEPT FIREWING
Fuck that fucking book.
>>
>>92811958
Explain this cannibal episode
>>
>>92815716
They were bats, that ate other bats. That's it. Also this bats eaten were friends of the MC if I remember correctly
>>
>>92815699
Firewing was absolutely amazing yo. It really fucked me up as a kid for several days though.
>>
>>92811958
The show was really, really terrible compared to the books, which are CRIMINALLY underrated and should be considered a masterpiece of youth literature.

(This is what happens when you're a Canadian writer, nobody gives a shit about your books.)
>>
>>92811958
I think this didn't even show in my country. Anyone cares for a quick review?
>>
>>92816800
My review: read the books instead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.