[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he portrayed faithfully in GotG2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Ego_(Earth-616).png (154KB, 547x624px) Image search: [Google]
Ego_(Earth-616).png
154KB, 547x624px
Was he portrayed faithfully in GotG2
>>
>>92806535
More Ego Prime than just Ego
>>
as much as they could, including a single gratuitous shot of the giant face in the distant shot

they did go with his human avatar for most of the film, so that he could have direct conversation with the characters and so that he could properly emote and interact, these were pragmatic decisions that were pretty adaptations

but they always refer to him as a planet, and he makes good use of planet powers, so they didnt forget who he was supposed to be

he is a pretty good adaptation, he didnt need to be a giant talking face on the surface of the planet, but they got the insane universe destroying god-complex part of him right
>>
>>92806535
Better question: Why did Fox have the rights to him before the trade with Negasonic?
>>
>>92806535
Not really, but they did such a good job it didn't matter.
>>
How did your theater react to The Reveal?
>>
>>92807064
Probably tied to the Fantastic Four rights.

But why they had Ego and apparently not the Watchers is beyond me.
>>
>>92807200
I heard some gasps.
>>
>>92807200
Everyone went dead silent, like they needed a second to process it.
>>
>>92807229
They do have the Uatu and the Watchers... in name.
>>
>>92807229
Fox and Disney share The Watchers.
Fox has %100 of Uatu.

It's like the Skrull and Super Skrull thing.
>>
>>92806535
I went into the movie knowing ANYTHING about Ego, I feel like that was the right choice. Was he a villain in the comics?
It made a good story for the movie at least
>>
>>92807592
>Was he a villain in the comics?
He had his own galaxy and tried to kill Thor in his first appearance
>>
about as faithfully as you can with that mess of a character
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.