[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wasted potential: the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: tmnt-group.png (479KB, 917x518px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-group.png
479KB, 917x518px
>wasted potential: the series
>>
File: thundercats-2011.jpg (177KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
thundercats-2011.jpg
177KB, 440x640px
You rang?
>>
>>92799142

they both fit that description yes
>>
>>92799208
That TMNT is actually very good. Thundercats 2 is the one that's wasted potential.
There's always something that TMNT could have done anyway, a good idea that they didn't do, like a different versions of April episode, but that doesn't make the series wasted potential.
>>
TMNT2012 i hate first butwith timei just love it..best reboot we have
>>
>>92798890
It looks great visually and some ideas and VAs are pretty neat. But the show always had mediocre writing from the beginning and it just became uneven after. The season finales and some specific episodes are really good, but the rest ranges from mediocre to downright bad.

The long waits also killed the show. We're in the final season and we still have ANOTHER wait. It's even worse considering the final season is just a bunch of one-offs, so there's no real stakes in catching the next episode.
>>
>>92799142
That one was lost potential. Not wasted. Let's not pretend that it had a real chance to shine.
>>
Why was this Shredder so obbssed with killing Splinter anyway?
>>
>>92798890
>Raphael had to overcome his anger issues every season
>Leonardo had to prove himself as a proper leader constantly
>Michelangelo was a straight up retard that has to prove himself constantly
>Donatello never got the hint that him and April wasn't happening
That's the worst of it. These characters are stagnant. Hiatuses can kill momentum most of the time, but the show never had the strength to keep its audience, because it's just more of the same every time.

It's a shame
>>
>>92800840
Because he was butthurt about losing a woman to him.

One of the things that annoyed me is that they didn't do much with that dynamic. Even in the past episode, it was basically just Shredder being pissy at Splinter and that's it before the fire.
>>
File: 1411232241230.png (672KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1411232241230.png
672KB, 1280x720px
>>92798890
More like exceeded all of the little to no expectations I had for it to begin with: the series.

Seriously, after the 2003 series and the CGI movie I fully expected the 2012 Nick series to be absolute trash.
It was, instead surprisingly decent and watchable. If it weren't for the uneven pacing of the story I'd probably still be watching it.
>>
>>92801191
also this
>>
>>92801209
Shredder sounds like a petty, sore loser.
>>
>>92801262
>If it weren't for the uneven pacing of the story I'd probably still be watching it.
Jesus me too. Some episodes are fucking great, and then other ones are garbage
>>
Don't really like the "April is a psychic madcunt" angle, but I've always preferred the character of April as an everywoman who's caught up in this mess, personally. It's not objectively bad.
>>
>>92798890
That isn't Star Wars Rebels
>>
>>92798890
this series is great but would be SO much better off without brandon auman, he ruined it
>>
>>92804366
They both apply, but Rebels is less frustrating for some reason. At least it has a specific endgame rather than just meandering for most of the series.
>>
File: ChalkZone_promotional_artwork.jpg (89KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ChalkZone_promotional_artwork.jpg
89KB, 600x900px
>>92798890
There was so much creative shit, they could have done with this concept, but nearly every episode was mediocre and forgettable.
>>
>>92798890
You´re thinking of Danny Phantom
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.