[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did it better, oldman logan or kingdom come?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
35KB, 480x360px
Who did it better, oldman logan or kingdom come?
>>
kingdom come duh
>>
>>92799677
This.
>>
>>92798684
Probably Kingdom Come by merit of not having Cannibal Incest Hulks.
>>
>>92798684
OML is just Millar trying to be as edgy as possible. Kingdom Come was a story with a message atleast and back when Waid was at the top of his game.
>>
>>92798684
Kingdom Come didn't rely on pure shock so it wins by default.
>>
>>92798684
Wolverine is in my top 5 favorite characters period, but KC is a million times better than OML.
>>
>>92798684
Kingdom Come. It just comes together so nicely.
>>
>>92798684
Kingdom come, it's not even fair to compare them.

Kingdom come isn't that good but it's way better.
>>
>>92804961
Why not? They are both about a future where superheroes as we know them are gone. Granted it would be much harder to kill off the DC heroes than the marvel ones.
>>
>>92805041
Cannibal Incest Hulks.
Spider-Bitch.
The moronic concept of supervillains dividing America into different zones.

There's nothing fucking good about OML except arguably the art.

Kingdom Come has issues, but at least it rises above the level of teenage edgelord self indulgence.
>>
>>92805566
Were old man logan and wanted written by the same guy? Fucking wanted was better as a movie
>>
>>92806012
speaking as someone who has only seen WANTED as a movie, but I've seen the character designs from the comic book. It's must better off as a movie
>>
>>92798684
How is this even a question, Kingdom Come. I swear ever since Logan came out people pretend Old Man Logan was even a tenth as good as the movie.
>>
>>92806110
James Mangold himself even states the only thing from Old Man Logan they took is the western atmosphere.... None of the story, because its shit
>>
>>92806174
Exactly
>>
>>92806110
Eh it isn't terrible if you don't read the giant sized and just end the story with the claws popping. It was a quick read
>>
File: millar - 01.jpg (90KB, 887x376px) Image search: [Google]
millar - 01.jpg
90KB, 887x376px
>>92806012
>>92806099
Yep, Mark Millar. Same guy who wrote Kick-Ass and Civil War, two more comics far improved by their films adaptations. And both Red Son and the original run of the Ultimates.

Also, Wanted was near unrecognizably different from its source material; it's almost unfair to call it an adaptation.
>>
>>92798684
>What did better, a tragedy bad end or an UNDERSTANDING good end
Comparing pizza to baseball again OP?
>>
>>92806237
I actually like the Civil War comic vs the Movie. I felt like Disney/Marvel rushed into that part of the universe... Should've introduced A LOT more characters before the "civil dispute"
>>
>>92806248
What is the ending to kingdom come? Does it end in the UN or at the restaurant?
>>
>>92806296
My biggest problem with the Civil War movie is the argument for accords.

>THERE'S TOO MUCH COLLATERAL DAMAGE
>WE WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU CAN INTERVENE TO CUT DOWN OF THE DAMAGE
>DESPITE THE FACT THAT WHEN WE DEPLOY YOU THERE WILL STILL BE THE SAME COLLATERAL DAMAGE BUT NOW IT'S THE UN'S FAULT
>BTW FUCK YOU GUYS FOR NEW YORK
>Didn't you guys want to nuke New Yo-
>SHUT THE FUCK UP
>>
>>92806462
very true

plot holes: the movie

I still enjoyed it.... but it could have been so much more
>>
>>92806408
It ended with Clark farming Kansas after the nuking and Bruce becoming a doctor. Restaurant was just extra

I always like that bit of pottery. The farmer's son went back to farming and the doctor's son became a doctor
>>
>>92806519
>>92806462
I preferred BvS and Xmen Apocalypse. But that may be because I actually give a shit about Batman, Superman, and the Xmen
>>
>>92806591
Same
>>
>>92806591
X-men fag here

apocalypse was OK

even if the story was kinda weak
>>
>>92806636
It would have been better if they spend less time on muh charels muh eric muh raven and more on Scott, Kurt, Jean, Storm, and Jubes
>>
>>92806677
>Jubes
It's truly an injustice how little we see of Jubes
>>
>>92806677
and not fuck up Angel and Psylocke
>>
>>92806462
>>92806519
They also act as though the fact that there were any casualties at all was somehow something they could have prevented, when the fact that the total number of casualties from the New York incident, SHIELD collapsing in on itself, and all of Age of Ultron didn't even reach the thousands mark is a statistical miracle in and of itself.

If the Avengers didn't act, things would have been far worse, and the Earth would have been destroyed several times over.
>>
>>92806792
yeah, exploding a small part of some shitty office building hardly seems like a world wide catastrophe. They REALLY should have used the inciting incident from the source material... IE NITRO exploding an entire city block and killing an entire elementary school full of people
>>
>>92806711
Every fucking times
>we casted Jubilee, she is in this movie, come see her
>lol jk she has 2 lines

I wonder how Lana felt that she had to do all the same press stuff as the actual cast. Like I think I saw her in more stuff than Storm. And she actually had to read the books and shit just so that she could have I think 4 lines in the whole thing
>>
>>92798684
Kingdom come is pretty mediocre
Oldman Logan is shit

KC wins I guess
>>
>>92806869
>that one time Iron Man beat nitro by making him explode over and over and then got mad at the new warriors for making him explode so he threw his friends in a prison in hell
>>
File: unfunnies-21.jpg (136KB, 565x880px) Image search: [Google]
unfunnies-21.jpg
136KB, 565x880px
>>92804056
>OML is just Millar trying to be as edgy as possible
Then what the fuck is this?
>>
>>92804056
This is your daily reminder that Kingdom Come was actually Alex Ross' brainchild, and he added to the story as well as to the art.
>>
>>92806998
>"My wife got about six pages into it when she was reading it in the bath the other night and she just threw it at me. She said it was the most horrible thing she'd ever read in her life and she didn't want to think this sort of shit even went on in my head. I tried to explain that the crow was sucking cock for a REASON, but it actually does sound kind of creepy saying it out loud."

Thanks Mark.
>>
>>92798684

>Kingdom Come
>Actually good story that questions the morals and ethics of what it means to be hero in a grim dark future.

>Old Man Logan
>"Huehue! What if we made Logan an old man!?"

Gee, I don't know guys....
>>
File: Bloody Screen.jpg (15KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
Bloody Screen.jpg
15KB, 216x233px
>>92806998
Christ, I really want to be see this thing back to back just so I can say I saw this garbage
When is Storytime of Pain?
>>
>>92807637
If I still had it on my harddrive I'd do it. The world needs to know the edginess and the shitty plot underneath. The part where the mom is being paid to be a shitty wife for that one guy was kind of heartwarming though
>>
Earth X
>>
>>92806998

Millar working out his breakup with Grant Morrison. I mean, a weird drug user who uses magic and symbology with comic books from his childhood to enact a spell? Where have we heard that before
>>
Logan the movie
>>
>>92806523
>I always like that bit of pottery.

Whatever are you blathering on about? What did either of those things have to do with working with clay?
>>
>>92807637
As someone who read the whole thing, it's not worth your time. It really isn't, just take our word that it's complete garbage with no redeeming qualities.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.