[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Parks Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: DA8RUNLXoAAXGQP.jpg (231KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DA8RUNLXoAAXGQP.jpg
231KB, 1200x675px
Toy Story Land edition

TSL News and other Hollywood Studios news:
> Slinky Dog Coaster is going up, might have 2 launches
> TSL expected to open in under a year, date announced at D23
> Pixar Place to be rethemed. Midway Mania to have queue reconfigured.
> The Great Mickey Ride to replace The Great Movie Ride, GMR closing by end of the year
> Star Wars Land is still building up foundations
> Parking lot is getting an expansion, losing retention ponds

How we feeling about this land? Supposedly it got budget cuts. There's only going to be the coaster, a bumper cars/tea cups type ride themed around the aliens, a quick service restaurant, and probably a gift shop or two.
>>
File: upload_2017-5-28_18-51-48.png (760KB, 846x402px) Image search: [Google]
upload_2017-5-28_18-51-48.png
760KB, 846x402px
Ride vehicles for "Alien Swirling Saucers" appear to be being installed/tested.
>>
So, just how bad is WDW in August? There's a deal on resort rooms that I'm interested in. I'm used to heat, but I do recognize that being outside in that much concrete might be more than I'm expecting.
>>
>>92797597
> The Great Mickey Ride to replace The Great Movie Ride, GMR closing by end of the year
Why does your post have all these facts and then you pull this one thing out your ass?
>>
>>92798168
various insiders have said that. it's one of the most concrete rumors out there at the moment for wdw. expected to close in late august/early september

>>92798067
it'll be super hot but remember that any starbucks/quick service place will give you free cups of ice water. plenty of fountains to drink from too. just hide out in a long ride/queue if you need to cool down

the crowds will be absurd but just get fastpasses and you'll be fine
>>
File: 1495938490295.png (504KB, 754x520px) Image search: [Google]
1495938490295.png
504KB, 754x520px
>>92798218
>various insiders have said that. it's one of the most concrete rumors out there at the moment for wdw. expected to close in late august/early september
Sounds utterly ridiculous. I'd sooner expect Marvel Land.
>>
>>92798326
Marvel Land isn't happening because of the Universal contract. A GotG ride is more likely.

Reportedly Disney is backing out of the TCM contract early to go after this. The general idea is that the thought of a dedicated Mickey Mouse/Fab 5 ride will draw in a bigger crowd and cost less to operate. Won't know until D23 or so anyway, but all signs point to it closing.

That'll leave the park with just 4 rides (and Muppet*Vision 3D if you count that) until Toy Story Land opens.
>>
>>92798410
>That'll leave the park with just 4 rides (and Muppet*Vision 3D if you count that) until Toy Story Land opens.
That's why I think it's a ridiculous rumor right now. If this was something that was happening after TSL opens, it'd be way more plausible.
>>
>>92798168
Seems valid enough to have given that ride a 105 minute wait yesterday.

In all my years of going there, including the time it was call MGM Studios, I've never seen the Great Movie Ride's wait time over 30 prior to yesterday.
>>
>>92798463
It gets over 40 easily during Spring Break, nevermind Summer.
>>
>>92798456
Hey, it's just a rumor backed up by people who know what they're talking about for the most part. It can change. Them closing it after TSL opens (probably early Spring. probably.) makes more sense, but Disney is weird.

Pandora was supposed to open in Fall 2015 and Cars Land was supposed to make its way over and open about the same time according to rumors.
>>
>>92798590
I'm just saying this as someone who just finished their CP at Hollywood Studios that I never once heard the "Great Mickey Ride" rumor. I heard Marvel Land twice though, among other strange things.
>>
>>92798658
I really, really doubt Marvel Land is happening. They could find a way to squeeze a Guardians and Dr. Strange ride into the place, but without any Avengers stuff it wouldn't be amazing. They'd likely just pump the money into a Marvel Land at California Adventure instead.

Unless they want to pay out the ass for theme park rights at a single park AND work out what to do with the Marvel area at Islands of Adventure I don't see them doing it.
>>
>>92798774
Most people I talked to had slightly different sources, but the general consensus I got is that something in the contract gives Disney a chance, but I haven't read the actual terms and conditions in the soundtrack. I also heard that they've at least considered paying that ass-fuck bill to Universal just to get it over with.
>>
>>92798860
>Soundtrack
I'm out of it.
>>
Great Movie Ride is one of my favorites, dated as it is. I like the idea of a Mickey timeline ride, but not at the expense

So I'm curious what everyone's favorite places to eat in WDW are. Sister and I went earlier this year and just kind of ate wherever, but we are thinking of planning a bit better for next year -- packing snacks and maybe paying for one meal a day since Disney gonna charge Disney prices. But we also figure we'll do one really nice meal at the Castle or somewhere else. Recommendations for best value and also best "fancy" meal?

The best place we ate was also the cheapest -- Earl of Sandwich in Disney Springs.
>>
>>92798860
Haven't read the specifics but from what I've been relayed they can't build anything involving the Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4, Marvel name, or any MCU content pre-buyout to the east of the Mississippi River. They specifically signal out Spiderman and the Avengers stuff as well in the contract. Guardians characters, Dr. Strange characters, new Age of Ultron/Civil War characters, and new movie characters should be fine. Maybe Ant-Man, I dunno. There's probably stuff in the comics they can use, but I'm sure they'll stick to the movies.

Pretty sure they're testing to see how far they can go currently. Star-Lord + Groot meet & greet, merchandise with the Marvel name on it, the Marvel store in Disney Springs actually getting the Marvel name, and the new HS nighttime show having Guardians and Dr. Strange.

Supposedly they're looking to add Guardians into the parks somehow, but multiple people, including some Disney exec, have said it won't be the tower. Current rumor is replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure at Epcot or reskinning the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at HS, but it's a loose rumor.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.