[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Scott Pilgrim still holds up for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

>>
Also why did the movie bombed so hard if it was so popular?
>>
I re-read it last year. It's cute and I like the slice-of-life aspects.

Honestly, I wish they didn't make a movie. A cartoon would have been way better.
>>
>>92791962
I think it's been long enough since the movie came out that they could make a cartoon.

At the same time even o'malley has distanced himself from it.
>>
>>92791996
I think that's mainly because he doesn't want to be associated so heavily with just one comic. He's written others, and while I haven't read Seconds I did like Lost at Sea even though it was before Scott Pilgrim.
He's working on Snotgirl and that new thing that's completely his own project now but I don't know anything about 'em other than the doodles he posts on his instagram.
>>
>>92791884
1. Michael Cera
2. It's still a very niche comic/film
3. Bad timing - Don't release a college aged film in late August
4. The comic wasn't finished yet and they had to improvise the ending
5. They had no idea who their target audience was. They had early 20-somethings referencing stuff only people pushing 30 would get.
6. The references were all very shallow. Scott Pilgrim had less understanding of gaming culture than Felicia Day or The Big Bang Theory and most gamers saw right through that.
>>
File: tumblr_oo9v7xhnjD1ro3irro1_1280.jpg (612KB, 1256x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oo9v7xhnjD1ro3irro1_1280.jpg
612KB, 1256x1920px
>>92792109
Is it me? or is Lee obssesed with Lesbians
>>
>>92792251
He is obsessed with basing the girls in his comics around the girl he's dating at the time.
And I guess it's fun to write characters from a perspective that's not your own and lesbians is a pretty easy perspective if you're a guy writing a contemporary story.
>>
>>92791996
>>92792109
He said getting the game republished is a big priority for him, and he continues to do SP art now and then, so it's not like he's completely divorced himself from that.
>>
>>92794166
Yeah, I didn't mean that, I was only the second post you replied to there. It's obvious he still cares for it, I just meant more that it's a finished work so of course he'd focus on more recent stuff.
>>
>>92791862

It was always hipster normie bullshit.
Literally Big Bang Theory the comic.

>we totes nerds
>so random
>but woke like todays teen
>>
>>92794434
t. Saw the movie trailer in 2010
>>
>>92791862
It literally opens by saying some character is gay for no specific reason so I instantly dropped it
>>
>>92794473
t. read the first 3 issues
>>
>>92792145
2 and 5 are the only ones that have anything to do with the question. The comic was finished before the movie (though barely, it was at the end of July that year, I believe), and "shallow" game references don't really make your movie bomb. And gamers are constantly bitching about something, so who gives a fuck about them.

And Michael Cera probably would've deterred people, so that might be valid too
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.