[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you rate these jokers, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: jokers.png (571KB, 800x426px) Image search: [Google]
jokers.png
571KB, 800x426px
How would you rate these jokers, /co/?
>>
>>92776965
8,9,1,10,9/10
>>
Great, good, shit, great, good
>>
>>92776965
8, 7, -5, 10, 10
>>
Leto Joker is very underrated. Which is to say that he's fine/good.
>>
>>92776965
>>
>>92776965
3/10, 6/10, 5/10, 6/10, 2/10
>>
>>92777018
This, I fucking hated SS but I expected Leto to be absolute dog shit when he was pretty okay.
>>
>>92776965
>>
>>92776965
2/10, 8/10, 6/10, 7/10, 3/10
>>
>>92776965
5, 10, 7, 4, 1
>>
>>92777073
>I fucking hated SS
I don't get it. It's in no way worse than Thor.
>>
>>92777073
There wasn't much of him, did they ever release the scenes where he slaps Harley or kissing that guy?
>>
>>92777102
The extended cut has a few more Joker bits.
>>
>>92777073
I thought he was dogshit. We dont have to agree, but I responses seem to vary from "decent" to "dogshit".
>>
>>92777018
Leto was the first joker I've seen that played him just like a straight up gangster. Frankly the worst thing about him was that every one of his scenes felt like they were from a different movie. If his scenes in the film had actually meant something people might have liked him more.
>>
>>92777095
It's complete garbage, but what do I know, It won an Oscar.
>>
>>92776965
8,7,@,10,6
>>
>>92777140
>It's complete garbage
nah
It's a completely watchable popcorn movie.
>>
>>92777095
Theyre totally different movies. Only comparable because theyre both inspired by cape comics.

Im not the guy because I thought SS was pretty shit but not dog shit, but I do think Letos Joker is pure dog shit. People have different opinions
>>
File: reyn.jpg (183KB, 446x606px) Image search: [Google]
reyn.jpg
183KB, 446x606px
>>92776965
>>
>>92777095
If there ever was a decent movie there that trailer company fucked it into oblivion. It reminded me of that Sam jackson flick with over the top cars. But I kinda liked Katana.
>>
>>92777259
It was fine though. Again, completely watchable.
People keep acting like it's Catwoman or Supergirl or something.
Same thing with the Ryan Reynolds GL movie. At least as good as Thor.
>>
>>92777136
Leto would still suck if he mattered more to the main plot. I can't even imagine him doing his cringey routine to any of the other characters.
>>
>>92776965
i like to think that instead of playing the joker 1-4 are really doing a cesar romero impression, he was that awesome
>>
>>92776965
Give Leto a white suit and a good script and we are okay
>>
>>92776965
Best tier:
Mark.
Grand tier:
Heath
Great tier:
Jack
Good tier:
Caesar
Absolute dogshit tier:
Leto

This is measured by psycho joker and mastermind joker being around the best overall, while comedic joker is typically at least entertaining. And when you lack all three traits, you get Leto.
>>
>>92777800
I don't think anyone's going to pull off Joker as well as Hamill did ever again.
>>
>>92776965
9, 9, 1, 10, 6
>>
>>92776965
>animated
pefect combo of flair, comedy, and crazy while still being threatening and brilliant
top joker
>dark knight
manages to capture the chaotic and evil elements of joker while making him somewhat more plausible
very good
>1989
template for most jokers, if it isnt dark knight joker, its this guy
not as outright scary as dark knight joker but still creepy and crazy
good
>60s
campy and silly, still enjoyable, and 89 joker was based off this, making him the actual alpha joker
not too much depth, but could still be fun, and very influential
OK
>SS
not as bad as people make him out to be, but still not able to stand with the others, hardly the worst
actually had a lot of good ideas, even though a few werent implemented well
the most obviously crazy
OK
>>
You forgot someone
>>
anyone that gives Leto a 1 but Ledger a score higher than 6 are from reddit
>>
>>92777862
That's reasonable.
Heath was great, and Jack had a good balance between all three. He was pretty comedic, and still had pretty intricate mastermind plots such as gassing the whole city. His psycho side was lacking more then the others, but his silly rantings was good in portraying that side well.
Caesar was pure goofy entertainment, which makes sense with the old Batman of that time.

Leto really just felt like he was lacking in all areas. His plans were rather basic stuff, so nothing really impressive. His psycho side was better at least, but still not that threatening, more basic stuff. As for a comedic side, did he even have one?
I feel the biggest fault was the whole ghetto gangster image. It feels really enclosed and limited in creativity. I feel what would have fixed Leto for the better were two things:
One: Give him a different criminal persona, EVEN if that means one he already had before. Even if he's a generic mobster again or something, ANYTHING besides what they did. One idea that hasn't been tried is focusing on the technological or computer side of it. We always see him making devices, so we know he has some sort of thing with that stuff. So have him use more technology then normal. There, if he has to be different, just do that. Something basic and relatable for a criminal element.
Two: Never give him a weak part in a movie. If he is in the movie, he should be doing something spectacular and impressive.
A good Joker is easy to make, its still surprising to me with how much they messed him up.
>>
>>92778193
>A good Joker is easy to make
>>
>>92776965
Jack: Steve Englehart Joker with some Dick Tracy Mobster thrown in, perfect mix of mass murder and silliness
Heath: Strawman Nihilist in Makeup with a plan to bring down the Batman, but not really like any Joker in the books.
Leto: Classic origin so far, Harley, Alex Ross homages, and about 6 minutes of screen time so not really enough to form a real opinion on however his scenes come off with the sense that if the Joker were a real person that'd be how he'd act. A combination of Killing Joke and The Joker's Joker.

BTAS: A perfect blend of 60s fun and 80s darkness. Hits his stride in Mask of the Phantasm

Romero: Dick Sprang Joker come to life.
>>
>>92778599
>Leto: Classic origin so far, Harley, Alex Ross homages, and about 6 minutes of screen time so not really enough to form a real opinion on however his scenes come off with the sense that if the Joker were a real person that'd be how he'd act. A combination of Killing Joke and The Joker's Joker.
I actually agree with this.
But I don't agree with your assessment of Heath. He reminds me so much of TKJ Joker.
>one bad day

>What were you trying to prove, that deep down, everyone's as ugly as you? You're alone.
>>
>>92776965
Meh, Hate, Hate, Good, Meh
>>
>>92777170
I heard it wasfor the fans
>>
>>92778729
The worst kind of person.
>>
>>92778764
Nothing against Heath Ledger, I just didn't like his Joker. Or most characters in the dark knight trilogy
>>
>>92779225
wew lad
>>
>>92776965
>Rhubarb/10
>Scars/10
>MOM'S GONNA FREAK/10
>Joker Fish/10
>Mustache/10
>>
>>92776965
8, 10, 0, 8, 6
>>
>>92776965
>People still act like DCU's Joker is the only animated Joker ever.
>>
>>92779474
The best kind of person.
>>
>>92776965
Out of 10?

8.5, 8.5, 2, 9, 9
>>
>>92776965
7, 8, 2, 10, 6
>>
>>92779886
this is correct
>>
>>92778658
TDK's Joker reminded me more of Anarky in all honesty. There was the Joker look and the multiple choice past, though he was an agent of chaos with an ends to a mean and to prove those who hold a high morality are those more likely to become the least moral. He had a plan for everything but it was all about exposing much like Anarky the idea that the people considered above the "freaks" are just evil or in some cases like the boat sequence (remember "They had their chance!") of being more evil and devious without a thought. The Ferry wasn't one bad day, it was good people and bad people and the good people were more monsterous in terms of thinking than the criminals. Also, I'm still convinced the detonators were actually rigged to blow up the ferry the detonator was on. Dent has shades of both but even he showed early on by being "two faced" making his way up the ladder to DA and demanding a meeting with Batman he didn't respect what he vowed to uphold.. But he does has a very Killing Joke attitude.
>>
File: IMG_2811.png (162KB, 726x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2811.png
162KB, 726x455px
>>92779915
For animated jokers
BTAS is tied with Dark Knight Returns for me
Closely followed by a surprisingly good performance in red hood
Next up is Brave and the Bold, which was fun as hell, great stuff

And then the two I try to forget are young justice, which felt flat, and The Batman...which was interesting but didnt land with me

Special thanks to Superfriends Joker(Im assuming, cause I only ever saw him in scooby doo, but man I loved that guy)
>>
>>92776965
7-9-2-10-4
>>
>>
>>92777095
I don't like to say a movie is bad and have someone else prove the point, but watch this video for a more complete understanding as to why this movie is so terrible.
This is legitimately my least favourite movie of all time. I don't think Thor is high art, but it has a decent script, good acting, and well directed action.
Suicide Squad has one of the WORST scripts I have ever read. I actually printed out the script and read it to see if it was just the actors delivering it poorly, who give terrible performances by the way aside from Waller, or if it was that bad. It is THAT bad.
The acting is terrible, and I think Margot Robbie actually has a bad performance too, despite the praise. She has SO many lines that are cringeworthy, but she doesn't do any service in delivering them well to make up for it. Will Smith is doing Will Smith, which would be enjoyable except he's doing "bored Will Smith who doesn't want to be there". Don't even get me started on Delevigne and her fucking Shakira hip dance the whole movie.Viola Davis is a saving grace but she's an acclaimed thespian so nothing less was really expected of her.
The movie looks terrible visually. BvS, while being dark, had nice shots because Snyder can direct visuals pretty well honestly. The cinematography in it was just dreck, especially during fights. Rewatch the fight scene with the blackberry goons in the parking lot and it will look terrible
Not to mention generic plot that inspires no intrigue with blue light in sky and saving the world, the horribly executed soundtrack in which they took popular songs and played them one after another in the first ten minutes for no apparent reason, the horrific editing that makes the movie feel like a car ride with too many turns, and great lines such as
"This is Katana! I advise not getting killed by her, her sword traps the souls of it's victims."
"Not me Shorty. I'm beautiful."
and "Now THAT's a killer app!"

In short, this movie was a fucking mistake
>>
>>92779915
DCAU is about the only original Joker aside from Red Hood.

An early version of the Brave and the Bold Joker showed up in the episode Legends of the Dark Knight with the museum heist story.

The Batman had a spider monkey with dreads.

The only one I'd say isn't just phoning it in aside from BaTB is Red Hood, even TDKR seems like it was done for a paycheck.
>>
>>92780262
I forgot the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQtb3R1Hmxw&t=337s
>>
Best to worst
>>
>>92776965
>>
File: jkOhHeL.jpg (139KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
jkOhHeL.jpg
139KB, 960x960px
>>92776965
7,5/10 - 2,5/10 - 0/10 - 10/10 - 5/10
>>
File: 1489208602308.gif (655KB, 460x426px) Image search: [Google]
1489208602308.gif
655KB, 460x426px
>>92776965
>7/10
Nicholson was literally the most perfect casting choice they could have gone with and he clearly enjoyed doing it. In fact it was almost too perfect.
The movie kind of uses him a little too much and he loses a bit of charm as result. And the character isn't written too well, the movie coasts a little too hard on Nicholson's star power. There's plenty of behind-the-scenes stuff that explains that Jack's involvement was the glue that held the entire production together and that if it wasn't for him the movie probably wouldn't have ended up made (since they had a lot of worries like Keaton's casting, budget and Burton's inexperience with such a big product).
But he's nevertheless a great Joker.

>7/10
Heath Ledger is singlehandedly the best thing about TDK and he pulls the character even through crappy writing that would demolish a lesser actor's ability to portray a character.
I'd argue he was better than Nicholson, even. He took that role, made it his own and gave a fantastic performance that no one had ever seen before. It's a genuine marvel.
I don't rank him higher because, again, the performance might be great, but that's all there is to it. The writing in these movies is lackluster and he is barely even a character.
Still, he deserves this ranking.

>2/10
I genuinely tried giving Leto a chance because, although I called from the start the casting was poor and the design was completely backwards and shitty, I was into the idea of Joker going through multiple costumes and the David Bowie influence. I give them credit for trying something new for the character in the movies, and since Grant Morrison's Joker is my favorite comics Joker, I was willing to give it a try.
Unfortunately it proved to be just as bad as I thought. Everything about it was abysmal, especially the performance. The only reason why it wasn't worse is because he was barely even in the movie.

(cont)
>>
File: EU VOU COMER A TIA DO BATIMA.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
EU VOU COMER A TIA DO BATIMA.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
>>92781474
>Mark Hamill - 9/10
The only reason why I'm not putting it as a 10 is because, much like Conroy, he's been phoning it in as of late and it's clear he can't do it it like he used to. This isn't his fault, it's a problem with whoever keeps casting him to voice versions of Joker that are not too compatible with his voice and don't give him much opportunity for range.
But still, there's not much else I can say about Hamill that hasn't been said before. He is the definitive Joker, the best one. He is single-handedly responsible for creating most of the nuance in DCAU Joker's characterization, and he honed the laugh to perfection.

>Cesar Romero - 6/10
I like Romero's Joker but there's not really much I can say about him. I thought he was often kind of overshadowed by Penguin and Riddler. He does Dick Sprang's Joker perfectly and he has one of my favorite laughs. Overall, I like him. I just don't care much for him
>>
File: Thebatman_joker.jpg (51KB, 428x844px) Image search: [Google]
Thebatman_joker.jpg
51KB, 428x844px
>>92776965
0/10 compared to this one.

None of them get the "totally psychotic mood swinger" part down even remotely as well.
>>
>>92776965

Eh
Meh
Huh
Blah
Ha
>>
>>92776965
heath ledger = jack nicholson = cesar romero = mark hamill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jared leto
>>
>>92777095
Yes it is. Stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>92777214
I like you, anon.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.