[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finished the novel a couple days ago and I wanna watch the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2485.jpg (41KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2485.jpg
41KB, 206x305px
I finished the novel a couple days ago and I wanna watch the movie. I found the theatrical version, but I've been told the directors cut is better,
but I can't find it anywhere because I'm a poorfag.

What should I do /co/?
>>
Pirate it.
>>
>>92776732
Just watch the theatrical, the animated version of the pirate story isn't that great.
>>
>>92777093
Protip: the pirate story in the book isn't that great.
>>
Skip it altogether
>>
>>92777190
Don't do this. If you start listening to /co/'s taste you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>92777149
:0
>>
>>92776732
Torrent it
>>92777093
The director's cut does not contain the animated pirate story, that's the ultimate cut.
>>
>>92776732
The director's cut is waaay too long and the theatrical is long as it is. Watch the theatrical cut, you're not missing out anything important to the story, which you may already know since you read the comic anyway.
>>
>>92778260
thank you for calling it a comic. OP calling it a novel pissed off my inner sperg.

it came out in 12 issues. it's not a book, a novel, or a graphic novel. it's a comic.
>>
>>92777093
The pirate story isn't even needed as the whole artists and scientists kidnapped storyline is dropped entirely.
>>
>>92778421
Isn't it more of a parallel to the book's plot in general?
>>
>>92776732
The Theatrical version doesn't have that scene where Hollis dies tho.
>>
>>92778568
It's basically "the story of Adrian Veidt" in a very very very very very too deep way, but in the end it doesn't add or take away from the overall story. The only thing that makes the Black Freighter work are hints to the conspiracy the sense of doom and impending doom (though it's felt in the story before it's told in the BF) and it's only real use is to show the Bernies as the normie voices in the universe and how a non-politician or non-hero sees the world. Snyder should have included the psychologist's story instead of the animation to nothing story. The film would have worked with just the Bernie scenes and not the actual telling of the BF, the psychologist story adds more to the character of Rorschach beyond "moral absolutist with no hygiene."
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.