[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is she so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Kamala.jpg (353KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Kamala.jpg
353KB, 777x1200px
Why is she so popular?
>>
Cute girl.
Brown girl.
She had a very good comic for the first 20 issues or so.
>>
File: 1456352249191.jpg (736KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456352249191.jpg
736KB, 752x1000px
Her first few story arcs were really good. Before Civil War fucked it all up.
>>
>>92773371
Her comic was basically modern Spider man the way Tim Drake and Jaime Reyes used to be

Also she got toooons of basically free publicity because there were people hating on her for being muslim so it led to people defending her and other people got curious
>>
Not anymore she ain't. The writer's used up all of their creativity.
>>
>>92773503
Her writer said marvel had expected like 6-8 issues at most before cancelling it and making her into just another Inhuman or putting her into limbo forever
But again, she got tons of free publicity and the formula of the book has proved to work in the past, so the first issue sold like crazy (it has like 6 or 7 printings or something), her book settled quickly, then the first trade was the best since Fraction's Hawkeye. So she stayed

Makes it obvious as to why marvel keeps trying to repeat the formula... Thor also worked but after that it seemed to stop working
>>
>>92773579
Lets be honest thats the inevitable fate of all runs. The creative juices run dry and the writers need to be cycled out.
>>
>>92773371
She was a character who appealed to young, female readers and was a minority legacy character handled well.
I know a number of people who read her issues digitally and they were the kind of people who would read young adult novels; one of them is a Muslim.
That said,
>Introduce a minority legacy character
>Gets popular because she's actually handled well
>So popular that she was seen as important toward the industry
>Part of her charm is accessibility and how she's a teenage street level superhero who idolizes superheroes
>Marvel decides to get her more involved and have her immediately become an Avenger
>Relaunches happen and she's tied to events more often because of her rise in popularity
>Events lower accessibility
>She becomes a political mouthpiece
>Try to catch the same lightning with other titles
>Sales are now shit
>>
She's a fun character.
>>
>>92773611
I would argue X-23verine has sold ok, but maybe should have been saved for a different time because lumping her with the others gives the run a bad stigma. People are just tired of this shit.
>>
>>92773371
Because she wasn't some Affirmative Action comic character, nor was she touted as "the next Spider-Man" or some shit.

She was a little side character that wasn't expected to be big, but a lot of people related to her anyhow. Because she was created naturally

Even the writer said so.

Funny how she's a better character than the current Capt. Marvel
>>
File: DO SOMETHING MILES.png (834KB, 773x805px) Image search: [Google]
DO SOMETHING MILES.png
834KB, 773x805px
It is exciting, the unspoken romance with Miles, because you just DON'T know if they are going to actually do that or if they aren't going to and so it's exciting to watch and see if it goes anywhere
>>
Civil War 2 screwed her over.
>>
>>92773611
>Thor also worked but after that it seemed to stop working
Thor hasn't even dropped below 35k it is doing way better than Kamala
>>
She is so short.
>>
>>92774043
I meant their attempts after Thor stopped working
>>
>>92774218
And yet Marvel is still pushing it.
>>
One of the few new Marvel characterd done right nowadays.
>>
>>92773371
She's not really that popular anymore.
>>
File: PileOfStones2(BlackAndWhite).jpg (28KB, 591x480px) Image search: [Google]
PileOfStones2(BlackAndWhite).jpg
28KB, 591x480px
>>92773371
does she have any weaknesses? I'm guessing its got to be pic related
>>
>>92774656
Actually she is very vulnerable to electricity.
>>
>>92773971
>Funny how she's a better character than the current Capt. Marvel

I think that's one reason she was accepted more by regular readers though. Even if Carol a shit she wasn't killed or demoted to give Kamala the name.
>>
>>92773371
She's not. With how low Marvel readership is, in terms of raw numbers she's about as popular as any B-lister was back in the 90s.
>>
She's not popular. She has a small but vocal fan base. Besides the people who buy me marvel comics buy ms marvel and nothing else
>>
she's popular on reddit, but not in real life
>>
>>92774280
Marvel is really stubborn and refuses to admit when they're wrong
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.