[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this be the event that saves Marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 4

Will this be the event that saves Marvel?
>>
It doesn't seem to be an event but also no, Marvel needs to trash most of their creators and editorial then start over
>>
>>92767264
No
>>
No.

Putting a rose in a pile of shit might make it look better, but it certainly won't smell better.
>>
Carol is front and center on the promo image so it's already bad.
>>
>>92767287
Ike already got rid of 90% of the editorial. And they just fired another one. They have like a few editors left and they all edit twenty books.
>>
>>92767264
Why is a trans Steve right next to Cap Steve?
>>
File: 57e028339ae37.jpg (239KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
57e028339ae37.jpg
239KB, 940x529px
how was this event? Did it even count?
>>
>>92767264
Yes, because fanboys are dumb enough to support nostalgia at regardless of actual quality
>>
>>92767493
People need to stop assuming mini series is an event.
>>
>>92767523
I'll take dumb nostalgia over Marvel's current "quality" any day you faggot.
>>
>>92767264
I'm wondering what the "hook" will be. They're straight up copying Rebirth so I assume they're going to have something like the Watchman button but I'm curious to know what it is.
>>
>>92767563
I think Alfonso already said there would be a shock page at the end of the first issue. It's probably just the marriage though.

The only things that might matter would be Star Wars or if they were literally crossing with DC into Rebirth
>>
>>92767563
Thanos and infinity gems leading to the next universe shattering event Infinity Gauntlet Wars
>>
It will lead to a short term boost in sales due to interest in the characters people actually like being a focus.

Then when the realization sets in that it's still the same writers and nothing has actually changed sales will crater.
>>
>>92767523
There is hardly any nostalgia. The Legacy heroes are still around and taking center stage. And despite Alonso's claims, Generations is just the legacy heroes being zapped to the past so the old heroes can shill them.
Nothing at Marvel is changing. Spencer is still on Captain America. Bendis is still on Miles and Iron Heart. Aaron still on Thor. And Slott will continue to be on Amazing Spider-Man (forever and ever and ever and ever and ever)
It literally nothing but false promises and lies.
>>
>>92768319
this as long as they keep pushing legacy at the expense of the old heroes, nothing will change
>>
>>92767264

>bringing back Loeb Thor

Why?
>>
The legacy heroes will meet the younger original heroes, and the original heroes will be in awe of how much better the legacy heroes are.

Clint will praise Kate as the best Hawkeye, Thor will salute Jane's superior worthiness, Mar Vell will call Carol "the bravest", etc.
>>
>>92767632
That's not even shocking. It's expected of Marvel to do something like that to tie to the movies coming out.
>>
>>92768319
Aaron on Thor would be fine. Bendis can keep Miles. But everyone else you listed needs to go.
>>
>>92768471
You mean JMS Thor
>>
Heroes reborn didn't save marvel, this won't be any different.
>>
>>92768319
The marketing will say otherwise and people will fall for it. Because hardcore fanboys are dumb
>>
>>92767563
Miracelman comes in to fuck shit up
>>
>>92768808
Hopefully. He's the hero we need and deserve.
>>
>>92767543
It was a event with tie ins
>>
>>92767264
No
Event's are the problem
>>
>>92767493
It was the ''Lets put out something for Kirby's 100th before shitting on his characters for the rest of the year" mini-event.
>>
>>92767264
Carol needs to be more prominent.
>>
>>92767264
>Carol
"no"
if the other half of the image has a shithuman then definitely "no"
>>
>>92767264
No, same writers, more event fatigue, and same heroes, they just bring back old characters to try to push the new ones, wich are bad copies of them, they will not come back to the early 2000's
>>
>>92769247
>shithuman
Mutie symphatizers' opinions should be discarded.
>>
>>92767264
It's not an event. It's just a bunch of renumberings to legacy numbers and a handful of characters getting their classic costumes.
>>
>>92767493
It was alright. All but like one of the tie-ins sucked. Main series was pretty by the numbers. The ongoing that spun out of it is fun but will probably get cancelled pretty quickly.
>>
>>92769000
>Event's are the problem
yes
>>
>>92768808
The contract they signed with Gaiman apparently states that Marvel isn't allowed to use Miracleman for any kind of crossovers until he's finished his run. Considering Gaiman is dragging his feet on it and focusing on American Gods instead, it could be years before he gets around to the new issues.
>>
>>92767563
Return of the Fantastic Four, ideally.
>>
>>92767264
Yup.

Diversity and changing all characters shown to reduce sales the most.

I guess tie ins have been selling less.
>>
>>92768574
>The legacy heroes will meet the younger original heroes, and the original heroes will be in awe of how much better the legacy heroes are.
That's Generations. This is Legacy.
>>
full image
>>
What happened with female Thor anyway?
>>
>>92770382
Still around.
>>
>>92770382
Lost her hammer. Shes going in the past when real thor is just stating to get the hammer.

I bet they make her a hammer less thor
>>
>>92767453
Ike doesn't fire little guys like that. He needs to fire Brevoort and Alonso, maybe their publisher too.
>>
Not really. The chances that it'll be even a short reprieve like The Heroic Age are slim because Marvel barely has anybody left that can be trusted to actually do a "back-to-basics" comic.
>>
>>92770565
The thing is that when Ike fires someone, he doesn't replace them. He'll just keep firing people until all that's left is Bendis who will then be in charge of everything.
>>
>>92770592
Ike hasn't fire any editors. In fact, I doubt he knows the name any single regular editor at Marvel.
>>
>>92770591
>The Heroic Age
Really does feel like we're doing that again doesn't it. I hope it works this time, but considering CWII and SE are the best selling Marvel comics I doubt it. They should stick to crossovers like DC is doing and actually take the time to build up to events like with Secret Wars.
>>
>>92767563
>>92770263
This, Marvel rebirth, of course instead of Dr. Manhattan, Mr. Fantastic is gonna be shadowy figure killing anyone who finds out about him
>>
>>92770825
>Reed is Shaper of Universes now
>Hey let's look at how my universe is doing
>Eternity is in chains, Galactus is a lifegiver, LT is dead, the Abstracts are fucked up
>well that sucks, but Earth must be--
>IvX
>Civil War II
>Secret Empire
>wtf Earth it's been a year how did you screw up this much
>guess I have to fix shit AGAIN
>restores everything the way it should be
>sacrifices the Franklinpower in the process

>Return of the Fantastic Four, coming this fall!

Best end.
>>
>>92770825
Wolverine is coming back out of the metal. With a twist.

He lost all his memories.
>>
>>92770793
Copying DC's current approach to crossovers would entail Marvel's editors getting their writers to actually coordinate across ongoings instead of letting one piss in the sandbox with one book and forcing the tie-in writers to clean up after them.
>>
>>92771058
>"what's a mutant?"
>ten minutes later
>"this cyclops guy seems on point, I'm joining him"
>"He's dead, Logan, and besides--"
>"SURPRISE HANK I'VE BEEN ALIVE THIS WHOLE TIME"
>"Scott? How?"
>"I faked my death and escaped into the punch dimension! Turns out without me you literally led the X-Men into hell so I had to come back. Logan, you in?"
>"Hell yeah. Sorry, furball."
>the rest of the team joins him
>Scott "has a nice life, will leave it for his ex-wife" Summers fucking wins again

Would make the past five years worth it tbqh
>>
>>92770702
>Ike hasn't fire any editors
He fired like 2/3rds of the editorial staff in 2011. It was mostly assistant editors, but still.
>>
>>92770485
>Lost her hammer.
And now it's with Cap right? Why's Mjolnir such a moody bitch.
>>
>>92767632
Why not do an event where the gems break and all hell starts?
>>
>>92770327
>The only Inhuman on the pic is Lockjaw
As it should be.
>>
>>92767264
No, this will literally be:

Original _____: wow, you're just as good, no better than I ever was, you deserve this mantle

New _____: I know right!

Marvel will not have a Rebirth, they'll continue to push these characters that nobody outside of "we did it guys, finally a _____, _____ and _____ character"
>>
>>92767264
The solicits are out, and we know it's all pointless. Characters a sent to another time, team up with their predecessors, then come back to the present.
>>
>>92772370
That's Generations not Legacy.
>>
>>92770327
One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?
>>
>>92772677
Is it the Queen of YAAS?
>>
>>92772812
It's the mutie.
>>
>>92772329
>>92772370
That's Generations. This is Legacy.
>>
>>92767264
As the MCUck always says in the DCEU threads...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathes in*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>92775492
Both DC and Marvel need to recognized that their two big events Dark Days/Forge/Reign and Legacy/Generations are confusing as fuck..

I'm thankful I don't plan on paying for a single piece of any of it but it does get annoying.

My lst Marvel purchase will be when Nova ends but I really hope DC doesn't ruin rebirth with this Dark Days shit. I sincerely don't plan on paying for a Scott Snyder book and if this shit fucks with the main canon I'll be incredibly fucking annoyed.

I'll have no cape comics to read. well pay for at least.
>>
>>92772098
HICKMAN!!!!!!
>>
>>92775492
>Implying there will be a difference
>>
>>92771365
>*record scratch*
>you're probably wondering how I got here...
>>
>>92776301
>Metal is confusing
It's two prelude oneshots and then the main title of Metal, I'm just hoping for no tieins
>>
good god no
>>
>>92776399
One is a series of barely canon one-shots. The other is a renumbering. They're two different things entirely.
>>
>>92776301
>Dark Days/Forge/Reign
What's confusing for you? The first two are the lead up, Metal is the event. Granted Metal sounds pretty boring so far so I don't know if I'll follow it.

I don't know why Marvel is even doing Generations though.
>>
>>92772677
It's Carol.
>>
>>92776301
>their two big events Dark Days/Forge/Reign and Legacy/Generations are confusing as fuck..
Neither are remotely confusing. That's on you.
>>
>>92770980
>Reed finishes building sand castles out of alternate dimensions and checks out Earth
>CW2
>IvX
>Nazi Cap
>Everyone is a political jackass sounding nothing like their old selves
>First instinct is to blow it all up
>Resets the clock way back and prevents the first Civil War to unfuck the Marvel universe
>>
The only way to save Marvel is to fire everyone and start over.

All new writers should be banned from using twitter.
>>
>>92767264
Who gives a shit about Legacy? THIS is the real event that will save Marvel.
>>
>>92767264
Oh fuck they changed Carols Hair cut.
>>
>>92776444
>>92776613
>>92776659

How about stop being faggots and tell me what the titles are?

And what isn't confusing about TWO ONE-shots as a lead in. Why not ONE BIG ONE-SHOT? Or just, you know, starting with issue #1?
>>
>>92776921
>Dark Days: The Casting
>Dark Days: The Forge
>Metal #1 ->
There are two oneshots because the casting involves Batman specifically and the Forge is for the wider DC universe
Google is your friend, don't complain that it's too complicated if you clearly can't be bothered to even look at the solicitations
>>
>>92776921
Snyder wanted to call them Metal #0 and #1 but he was overruled
>>
>>92770591

I love that the they're implying they'll have a The Heroic Age break again, but Marvel staff have openly said that Heroic Age were their worst sales compared to years with events.
>>
>>92777206
I've no doubt the same will hold true now. They're not even changing the fucking creative teams. DC put King on Batman and Rucka on WW which /co/ applauded at the time.

Who the fuck is excited for more Slott, Bendis, and Aaron.
>>
>>92776873
You can take the man out of the 90's but you can't take the 90's out of the man.

Joey Q is probably physically incapable of drawing current unattractive dyke Carol.
>>
>>92777206
The Heroic Age still had the same writers on the same books. You can't market something as different if you have the same creative teams on books.
>>
>>92777137
>>92777141
thanks bros. Still probably skip it but now I at least can commit that to memory.

I really really hope there's no tie-in to the main Rebirth continuity cause that's been enough to handle. Having some shit that stretches back to ancient times like little scooty pebbles is alluding to doesn't seem like my bag of nonsense. And I'm not really a metal fan, not that that's really relevant but I think we all know this is a bit of a hard rock batgod story waiting to happen if that firey axe bats they were posting is any indication.
>>
>>92777592
From what we know is that the event is about the origin of Nth Metal and it's discovering something called the Dark Multiverse, so it should be atleast interesting, I'm really hoping for no tie-ins too, but there will probably be a few.

It's probably not going to do much for the overall Rebirth plot, as Doomsday Clock starts 4 months after it, but like I said, it should be atleast interesting, and Capullo's art should be good
>>
>>92777779
Amen my man. Good god, is Capullo a sex machine with the pencil.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.