[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the ending good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 22

File: yes Ashi.png (332KB, 978x715px) Image search: [Google]
yes Ashi.png
332KB, 978x715px
>yes
>>
>>92766853
Yes, but most of /co/ will say no and then the thread will turn into an long paragraph argument with what was bad and what was good, along with some anon saying the first three episodes were """kino""".
>>
GAINAX'D
>>
>>92766885
What do you expect from the board formerly known as /cock/?
>>
>>92766853
>>92766885
Fuck you both, the ending was anti climactic and shit. Reducing everyone he loved besides his parents whom he shouldve gotten over to nothingness was the dumbest most hamfisted moral ive ever seen. Fuck genndy and fuck everyone who liked the cinematic rape they call an ending
>>
>>92766945
>GOTTA GET BACK
>BACK TO THE PAST
nah fuck that because anon says so
>>
>>92766945
We get it, anon. You have autism. Your opinion is king and no one else can have a different one other than yours.
>>
>>92766853
I'm glad he finished the whole Aku thing, but I'm sad about the fact all of his adventures hold no effect on anyone or anything but himself.

I'm also a bit confused about the time travel rules in the show, because it took too long for Ashi to vanish, and Jack still remembers her supposedly, so I'm pretty dissatisfied with the ending's execution more than its content.
>>
File: 1493543026915.png (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493543026915.png
283KB, 1280x720px
Well, it's still slightly open for a continuing if any of Aku's pieces managed to escape and lay dorment for a few years.
Jack decedents in the future could quest for the sword again and we might meet Ashi again...but I digress.
>Ending was satisfying. .
>>
Yeah. I liked it. I would've liked it more if Ashi didn't die.
>>
>>92766853
Accepting life's tragedies and moving forward into the future >>>>> Clinging to the past

IMO he should have stayed in the future and breathed new life into the world. I just think that's a much stronger message and it would have been nice to see Jack save the day rather than have Ashi basically fix everything.
>>
No, because it doesn't work with the rest of the season before it. What's the point of Jack learning to let go of his past failures if he gets to just Ctrl+Z them at the end of the day?

This season was just unnecessary. And yeah, it ripped off Gurren Lagaan too. Poorly.
>>
>>92766853
It wasn't awful, bit it really needed an epilogue scene of the future. Nothing too long, just like a quick shot of a statue of jack or something in a clean, peacefully looking future, maybe one or two familiar faces in the crowd.
>>
>>92767612
When "life's tragedies" involve millennia of suffering across the entire world, uh... how about no, anon?
>>
>>92766983
How is that really more autistic than the guys spouting the theme song lyrics as a mantra?
>>
>reading reviews
>"The ending was perfect because he went back to the past"
>"the best endings are bittersweet"
>"the final shot made it worth it"
>no mention of the pacing or how fitting the ending was or was not with the seasons themes
I've been so angry this past week
>>
>>92767672
It's fine anon, really. You have a mental condition you were born with, you don't think any argument other than your own is valid. Someday you might be able to have an adult conversation without having to question the basic nuances of the topic at hand, but for now it's okay to just accept your shortcomings.
>>
File: 1495367162222.gif (2MB, 618x348px) Image search: [Google]
1495367162222.gif
2MB, 618x348px
>>92766853
Nope
>>
>>92766853
It was okay but could have used a good chunk of more time to make it more time

maybe show a glimpse of the future (with some of the characters showing up in that timeline so we don't get the whole "LOL JACK'S FUTURE FRIENDS WILL NEVER EXIST" complaints or Jack's own future etc)

One way or the other Jack wasn't going to get a totally happy ending but they could have had more time to flesh out whichever path they chose to take
>>
File: 1483427776119.jpg (35KB, 583x439px) Image search: [Google]
1483427776119.jpg
35KB, 583x439px
>CI apologists are real
>>
>>92767747
good chunk of time to make it better*
>>
File: JackSmile.png (133KB, 379x512px) Image search: [Google]
JackSmile.png
133KB, 379x512px
>>92767586
This. They show Jack at his happiest just to take it away 5 seconds later.
>>
>>92767665
WW2 was a tragedy... should we erase the last 70 years of progress to undo it? Or should we accept what happened and strive to make the future better?
>>
You can't have the narrative constantly give you evidence that the future is salvageable and then expect people to simply accept that the past was the only solution.
It wasn't, and if you chose the past it should at least be done in a manner that acknowledges the themes and characters that you have portrayed, not a last second Deus Ex Machina that forces a choice on a character that has been shown conflicted about said choice before.
Otherwise what was the point of Jack forfeiting all the other portals for the sake of the future people?
If the end comes to Ashi kicking him through a portal only for her to die a minute later then what was her weight in the story as a character? You could replace her with a random Spartan and the result could have been exactly the same since at the end of the journey Jack simply "accepts" everything for what it is and moves on.
And whether the future or the past is the better option shouldn't be a debate because it should have been Jack's choice, not a forced circumstance, and the plot should have been leading towards that particular end in ways that go beyond the opening track.
There was no point in showing/creating a hopeful future because you disregard it at the end without a thought.
There was no point in going back after you dedicate the biggest sub-plot to Jack accepting that the future is just as much worth saving.
There was no point to his over 50 years in the future because at the end he did nothing that he wasn't capable of at the pilot, nor did he learn anything meaningful from his quest.
The season was visually appealing, the soundtrack was great, and I enjoyed all the characters, but the conclusion had been written separately from the journey and was hammered into it instead of carefully painted with the strokes made by Jack's path.
"What choices you make, and the actions that follow, are a reflection of your soul." Yet Jack made no choice when it mattered the most.
Bravo, Genndy.

Still a good season.
>>
>>92767640
>>92767747
This. An epilogue scene would have taken care of half the complaints about the finale
>>
>>92767863
This was from another thread btw, couldn't add the disclaimer because it exceeded character limit
>>
File: 1495759633952.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495759633952.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>Another one of these threads

One anon may give an honest opinion on why he may not like the ending and point out the flaws and the Autist who think the season was "10/10" will come out of woodwork (or samefag) and just handwave all criticisms as

-You're just mad it didn't work out as your fanfiction
-Nice headcanon, but let me retort by mentioning my own
-Well everyone else liked it, why don't you? oh that's right, you're a contrarian.
-Well it's just your opinion that the show was paced badly
-Ashi didn't ruin the season, you're just a neckbeard
-I thought the finale was perfect, you're just wrong
-The whole season was KINO, once again /co/ is BTFO
-There's nothing wrong with Ashi making a portal because she is part Aku
-Episode 1-3 was only good episodes is a meme
-Ashi wasn't the main focus of the show, you're just wrong
-I thought Episode 7 was fine, you're just wrong
-The ending was fine, I don't see how they ripped off TTGL

Just ad hominem's, no arguments , just a bunch of retarded fanboy's who refuse to acknowledge any kind of criticisms for their show and think there's absolutely nothing wrong with the season. They think the season is perfect for the sole reason Jack went back into the past. I gotta say, I'm going to miss pre-Season 5 Samurai Jack discussions. Now all we have are Waifufags and dense retards.
>>
>>92767863
This guy gets it
>>
>>92767819
World War II was the worst war the world had ever seen yet it's like an atom vs. the whole universe when compared to Aku's destruction.
>>
i don't know
>>
>>92766885
>most of /co/ will say no

Actualy polls show that it is 50/50.

If Jack stayed in the future we would have the same amount of shitpost.
>>
>>92767990
That's not what the polls show, most people HATE the ending. Stop lying, asshole.
>>
>>92767790
>Genndy didn't protect his smile
Was it worth it, you Polack scum?
>>
>>92768010
>making shit up.

Patethic.
>>
>>92767990
It's not really that simple, people aren't simply mad that he went back to the past, they are mad that it was at the cost of Ashi as well as the implied cost of the souls of everyone in the present.
>>
>>92768010
>S-stop trying to fight against my hivemind

Hahahahaha

Face it, the ending wasn't the "death of western animation".

Maybe put less buzzwords and hyperbole into your argument and people will take you seriously.
>>
>>92767938
The ethics of the situation are the same - do you undo the lives of billions to prevent a tragedy in the past or so you try to move past that tragedy and make the future a better place.

The only difference is the scale.
>>
>>92766853
Go to bed, Genndy.
>>
Yes, it ended as it should have ended. I unironically shed a tear.
>>
I felt as if it was rushed when watching these as they premiered, however after that marathon last night it didn't feel as rushed/shit.

Didn't mind it, kind of sucks the show is over.
>>
>>92766945
>Reducing everyone he loved

Nigga he met all those people once
>>
>>92767719
Ah. It isn't.
>>
>>92766853
Why do people assume everyone ceases to exist because of Jack's actions? Is it not possible that most could have existed but lived life differently? Ashi makes sense because Aku directly created her so I get her fading away but why is it not possible for the others to exist just differently?
>>
>>92766853
What the hell would Jack and Ashi have done if she lived?
>>
>>92771140
Fuck. A lot.
>>
>>92771209
>Ashi makes babies that would give the scotman's family a run for its money
>she keeps pushing them out by the sevens
>>
>>92771209
But would Jack be happy?
>>
>>92771401
Is that why Japan is so advanced by Dexter's Lab?
>>
The problem with the ending was sticking to the single timeline. Kill AKU in the future, set them free. Go back to the past to kill AKU there and live out your life with no AKU. Ashi would have stayed.

Paradoxes all over the single timeline story.
>>
>>92769168
>Is it not possible that most could have existed but lived life differently?
Something like 80% of them were aliens so they wouldn't be on the same planet. Aku created the circumstances that led to their births; just in a more roundabout way than Ashi's direct lineage.

Basically the thing you're positing is that instead of going back in time and killing my grandfather, you instead sunk the boat he immigrated in on and met my grandmother after moving to a new country. We agree I wouldn't exist in the former scenario but why would I in the latter?
>>
All of Jack's allies sort of got forgotten about as soon as Ashi was free of Aku's control and could just send them back. I would've preferred if they planned things out better so that there would be time to defeat Aku in the future, have a goodbye with everyone and make sure they safe, then go back in time to defeat Aku and have Ashi either slowly die because Aku is part of her and without him around it would just start breaking down or just a happy ending and maybe have Ashi survive but only after purging whatever was left of Aku. I mainly just don't want her to be gone because of a time paradox because then it would imply that alternate timelines and people from them can't exist. And if they ultimately don't exist, then all those times Jack gave up going to the past to save someone would've ultimately been pointless.
>>
>>92772067
The thing though is that Jack isn't selfish, which is why he kept giving up his shot at returning to the past in order to help those he was presently with. Furthermore, just like how the show was just inspired by a dream, his actions and choices show that any which way he were to cut it all he would be left with are memories. Should he not go to the past and defeat Aku in the future he would merely have the memories of his family and mentors. Were he to go back to the past (which is what happened), then all he's left with are the memories of those he encountered in the far future.
>>
Guys, I could've sworn I saved a bunch of Ashi pictures but my folder is completely empty.
>>
>>92766853
Why did she say she was his friend?
>>
>>92771493
Not only would he be happy, but Ashi would be happier than she could ever imagine.
>>
>>92767586
I would've liked it more if Ashi died instead of melting out of the scene like a fucking Jedi.
>>
>>92767819
>should we erase the last 70 years of progress to undo it?
Yeah, let's have Hitler win this time.
>>
>>92769048
Plus most of them were already killed by Aku's Spears anyways
>>
>>92774599
considering people want to change the way the final 10 minutes played out, and that event occured in the final 10 minutes, it isn't really a fair justification as to why the following events were necessary.
>>
File: KINO.png (529KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
KINO.png
529KB, 1600x900px
>>92766853
At least the first three episodes were pure Kino.
And what's nice is, it's more or less completed all on itself. So you could turn it into a 60 minutes feature.
>>
>>92767903
>Another one of these posters
>Oh poor me, other people disagree with my obviously superior, objective opinions. We enlightened are so drowned out by everyone else despite our constant threads and shitposting filling up the board
>>
This ending was equivalent to someone going back to the past to prevent the fall of the Roman Empire.

Do you really think you would survive as the same person in a different scenario? Hell, some of the countries some of you were BORN in probably didn't exist. Same thing with many of the people Jack saved, many of which were born indirectly because of the situations Aku inflicted upon them
>>
>>92774709
It's part of the last 10 minutes, so it doesn't justify being part of the last 10 minutes?

I don't think most people would change anything as much as they would rather add to it, since it was a pretty fast and short finale
>>
>>92766853
Would have been better without Jashi
>>
>>92766853
No its a horrible ending that is complete shit and should have never existed.

I LOST MY ASHI!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>92774867
It's weird trying to word it, but I'll try at least.
>I think last 10 minutes should have played out differently
>last 10 minutes include events A and B
>anons respond "well Event B was the best solution to the situation because event A happened"
>A=All of the friends that came to rescue Jack were killed in the battle by aku's autism-rain
>B=Jack goes back to the past and changes present
Does that articulate what I'm trying to say a little better?
>>
>>92774273
But why would Ashi be happy?
>>
File: 1487360442195.jpg (56KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
1487360442195.jpg
56KB, 353x334px
>>92766900
>>92766903
>>92766945
>>92767639
>>92767691
>>92767737
>>92767863
>>92768748
>>92771738
>>92775002
>>92775103
ITT: fedora tippers too proud to admit that they're just too stupid to understand what was going on.

it's okay, we can tell that your brains havent changed much since 2001. actually, most of you probably weren't even born yet, so by that virtue, you kinda still have an excuse for your lack of mental capacity.

your impotent rage, however, well, just LOL.
>>
>>92775244
>parent's in law who love her
>husband who loves her
>Is pampered and treated like literally royalty
>can raise her own kids correctly and give someone the childhood that was stolen from her
>Is around nature in it's prime
>has a sense of self worth and accomplishment that never was there for her previously
>>
File: Ashi_is_not_impressed.jpg (20KB, 636x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ashi_is_not_impressed.jpg
20KB, 636x600px
>>92775282
>>
It was shit but easily fixable with an epilogue

>Flash foward into the future
>It's shown to be very similar to.our own
>Camera pans to a port in Japan as a group of tourists are disenbarking
>We're shown a few facsimilies of characters we know, until a Scottish couple emerges, followed by a posse of little girls.
>Some cuteness and rabblerouseness
>They arrive at a statue of an unnamed Samurai, said by folklore to have saved the world in his time
>Scotman.says he can't help to think he's familiar
>Wife/Kid jokes that he must have met him in another life
>Scotman laughs too and lightheartedly says that must have.been it
>As they move on camera pans to the sky, as an etheral Jack - maybe with Ashi at his side - watches from above with a smile, before turning his back and vanishing into the clouds
>>
>>92775347
not an argument, kid.
>>
File: ashithumbsup.png (167KB, 448x435px) Image search: [Google]
ashithumbsup.png
167KB, 448x435px
>>92775418
>>
>>92775443
>too stupid to make an argument
>still desperate for my attention

highly pathetic and possibly indicative of latent homosexuality. seek help as this is not normal.
>>
ok. real question here. why are people mad. the first intro was literally aku saying 'to undo the the future that is aku' jack never had any intention of staying trapped in the future for over 50 years for attachments and relationships.
>>
File: Hoppity.png (472KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Hoppity.png
472KB, 1280x719px
I'm not really mad with the ending itself. The whole Ashi thing was kind of ham-fisted in and could have been done with more grace, but wasn't bad in and of itself. I'm not too bothered by the future being erased and Jack going back to the past. With a time travel scenario like that I always thought it was a given that if he went back to the past that the future would never exist. It does kind of suck since Jack invested so much into the future and it's people, but he did have to get back to the past. The real problem for me was the pacing. It was like they blew their load early on and then trudged along. The show would have benefited from a few more episodes, and a much longer ending. The briefness of many scenes in the ending made the emotional impact not take hold. Anyways, I'm still happy it happened and enjoyed the ride.
>>
>>92775468
>Show is about a guy trying to unmake the future that is Aku
>Much more screentime is devoted to muh new friends, muh power of love, muh unmitigated altruism than lamenting the dead and utilitarian morality (bad outweighing the good, etc.) because jack comes across countless devastated villages and always moves right on with bettering things, which he in fact does, and the whole thing about him committing sudoku (the entirety of episode 6) culminates in him realizing he didn't actually fail the dead like he thought he did, and he also saved ashi's life just by giving her hope
>at this point the show is sending a mixed message between the intro and the development of the story but retards on the internet assert the intro is more valid because it's older
>when the inconsistency could just be reconciled with some shit like figuratively undoing the future by way of virtuousness instead of literally sci-fi erasing it
>>
>>92766853
Obviously.
Beautiful, even.
>>
>>92766853
Better question, does anyone regret voting for Samurai Jack in that poll about the best cartoon /co/ had a month ago?
>>
>>92775534
>muh new friends that always try their hardest to help Jack get back to the past
>the things going about overcoming the sudoku, that finishes with him deciding to keep going on his mission
>at this point the show is reinforcing the message of both intros
>but retarded people on the Internet think that they know better over the theme.of the season than the writters
>and them sperg when Jack makes the world objectively better
>>
File: thonking.png (12KB, 128x100px) Image search: [Google]
thonking.png
12KB, 128x100px
Why is everyone posting blank pics?
>>
>>92775626
That contest was dumb as fuck. Half the entries were just throwaways. Whoever put those brackets together wanted certain shows to get further than others.
>>
File: 1474476326222.png (119KB, 270x446px) Image search: [Google]
1474476326222.png
119KB, 270x446px
>>92766853
>yes
>despite no explanation as to why Jack's friends were able to get to Aku's tower in two fucking minutes
>or why Ashi waited for exactly after marriage to disappear
>or how Jack killing Aku in the past did not create a paradox
>>
>>92766853
>rushed as fuck
>Ashi going full Mary Sue with the powah of love
>Jack doing basically nothing in the final fight
>no showdown with future Aku
>past Aku is killed in 30 seconds in what is probably the worst Jack vs Aku sequence in the series
>doesn't bother addressing the enormity of the task he just accomplished
>Ashi dies in the most contrived manner possible for cheap tragedy
No.
>>
File: 1494739708943.png (25KB, 804x926px) Image search: [Google]
1494739708943.png
25KB, 804x926px
>>92775321
What else did Genndy screw Ashi out of?
>>
>>92776294
An afterlife for her soul to appreciate the time she had on earth and reunite with Jack.
>>
File: 1495132230221.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1495132230221.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>92776493
>>
File: 1495746303586.png (285KB, 1498x977px) Image search: [Google]
1495746303586.png
285KB, 1498x977px
>>92776518
Ditto.
>>
>>92775321
FUCK
>>
>>92766853
My only problem was they tried to use the grandfather paradox, but only did it halfway.

If Ashi stops existing because Aku died before he gave her mother his essence, then Jack should have also stopped existing since Ashi wouldn't have been able to open the time portal, and she also wouldn't have been able to save him from his suicidal tendencies. Not to mention the fact that since Aku died before Bad Future happened, the Jack that was sent to the future would have been sent to a potentially Aku-less future where he would have taken entirely different actions to his situation. That Jack's future would not match our Jack's past. It seems to play like a singular, linear timeline that loops into itself, as well as a branching timeline where every possible choice is just as real as any other choice.

This results in Ashi, coming from a timeline where Aku reigned supreme for years and years and years, creating a new timeline where Aku died before his evil rule, and then she ceases to exist because the Ashi that would have eventually been born in this timeline had Aku not died never got to exist.

tl;dr they fucked everything up, and not in a "you ruined my childhood" way, it literally doesn't make sense if you think about it for more than 5 seconds.
>>
>>92776844
This. Relying on your own made-up time travel rules to force a tragedy is a shit way to write. The key to a good screenplay is finding the middle ground between an organic and believable in-character sequence of actions, while still remaining unpredictable and creative. It's difficult to do and I applaud Genndy for taking a creative risk, but it also rubbed me it still needs to make sense.

What also bothered me was that we never got to see Jack have to make a choice between the past and the future. Ashi making the decision for him and opening the portal was a terrible idea because it denied Jack the agency he'd been building throughout the entire series.

From a technical and literary standpoint, Season 5 was a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>92767665

Millennia of suffering will happen anyway. No need to erase anybody over it.
>>
>>92766853
it turned Jack into a villain who erased countless billions of people just to save the few he knew from his past.

not saving the future was complete horseshit.
>>
>>92776980
There was never a fucking choice. The Future is fucked, stopping Aku in the past is the only option.
>>
it needed another season
the last 3 episodes were rushed as fuck
Ashi should not have died to
>>
>>92777558
It has been stressed countless times that there are multiple episodes this season focusing on the theme of rebirth from the ashes, as opposed to undoing the ashes.
>>
>>92777725
There is no rebirth from the irreparable damage that thousands of years of Aku's evil has done to the universe. Jack had a mission and he stuck too it, he never planned to free the future.
>>
>ctrl+f "contrarian"
>only one result
Color me surprised.
>>
File: Hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>92777846
Three archers that jack saved were able to build a gorgeous village from scratch in the 50 year time skip.
>>
>jack doesn't enter the portal in that episode where he had the chance and instead goes back and saves those monks who were getting their shit beat in
>s5 ending confirms it never would have mattered anyway
>>
>>92777725
>>92777846
You're missing the more subtle anagogical point here. Genndy's goal when finishing this series was to send out a message of hope. He did this by telling his audience that the only way to fix things is to go back in time and undo the damage you are suffering from, taking new damage in return as a price for fixing the old. This is incredibly fatalistic and the stronger theme to go with is the acceptance of the things you cannot change in life, and the idea that out of darkness comes light, that people cannot undo, but they can rebuild from what has been destroyed. This is a true story repeated throughout history across the world and Samurai Kack would have been better to follow it.

Just some good for thought, that right there is my gripe with Season 5. The moral itself is an impossible fairytale with no baring on true struggles that an audience can connect with.
>>
>>92778441
I mean, your interpretation and mine (rebirth from the ashes) are not mutually exclusive. You worded it better and addressed the contradiction of genndy execution though.
>>
>>92776844
Yeah the ending was a complete clusterfuck.
>>
>>92775282
Not a single word in that reply offers a rebuttal to their arguments
>>
File: courage-12.png (323KB, 561x425px) Image search: [Google]
courage-12.png
323KB, 561x425px
Are you bald?

>yes
>>
>>92779702
Are you a good person?
>>
>>92778221
This. All those instances where Jack has second thoughts on plunging into a time portal and decisively saving the present time charaters accompanying him instead, it just makes Jack look indecisive and it removes any and all tension for those characters now that we know that going back to past was the one-way ticket to solve all problems.

It removes all the character drama of Jack's willingness to do good along with how Aku plays into people's lives in the future, especially when Jack could have done a supposed greater good multiple times already had he just gotten his shit together and jumped into a time portal to kill Aku.
>>
>>92778221
How would it not have mattered?
>>
>>92775418
what is anyone supposed to argue about if you didn't provide an argument yourself?
>>
That ending is pretty much an autist loser ending so... I guess we should not be surprised that some people try so hard to defend it when there's completely no argument to do so?

Let's consider the ending message for a moment: "You should cling to the past and trying to undo the fuck ups you made. No need to concern yourself with the future that's ahead of you, despite the world giving you hints that this is what you should do. Just remain a sperg trying to fix then unfixable, one day you'll make it". Why the hell would you want this to be an ending message of your show, lol.

And then they explicitly tell that succeeding in doing that will just leave you a lonely fuck up that lost everything and can now continue leaving with your mum. Rebooting a fan-favorite series after over a decade just to end it like that is such an asshole thing to do, it's almost funny. It makes me think that all those emotional "Genndy is a hack!" responses are infact the correct ones.
>>
File: ashipout.jpg (84KB, 1059x889px) Image search: [Google]
ashipout.jpg
84KB, 1059x889px
>>92783433
What about the other ending message?
>If you can find hope in the darkest of times, you can have the honor of being wiped from existence
>>
>>92783495
Yeah, the treatment of that character after giving her so much development and screentime was pants on head retarded as well, but I just don't really care that much.

What has happened to Jack though is definitely rageworthy.
>>
>>92783433
>>92783495
>>92784513
Futurefags are not welcome here.
>>
>>92784544
Future or past don't matter that much and should just remain as metaphors. The moment they stopped being metaphors everything went to shit fast, as expected.
>>
>>92774475
Look, we only think things are the way they are because we have no power to change them. If you had the power to go back and stop Hitler, you have a moral obligation to do so.
>>
>>92778118
Is that really what happened or did they just go back home to a village that existed long before they were cursed?
>>
File: DELET.jpg (138KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
DELET.jpg
138KB, 720x480px
>no Josephine Clench
Season was shite
>>
>>92784690
"none of this would exist if it wasn't for him"

Oh wait, none of this ever existed because of him XD
>>
>>92784833
I'm pretty sure they weren't being literal with that line.
>>
>>92784596
>metaphors
This is Samurai Jack, not Samurai Quack.
>>
>>92784869
I'm pretty sure you're making shit up.
>>
>>92784889
It was until that shitty ending when it turned into Samurai Retardo
>>
>>92766853
No

Part of the theme of samurai Jack was that it never ends, the fact that it ends means you fucked up
>>
>>92785094
>Part of the theme of samurai Jack was that it never ends

How do you get that from a show with a song that
went "got to get back, back to the past"?
>>
Thematically speaking, I believe it fitted Samurai Jack. He's always intended to go back to the past since the moment he reached the future; he never considered that undoing a world created by Aku could possibly be bad. He made it better than it was, though. And he didn't do to with the idea of fixing the future; he just saved people because it was the rightful thing to do. If Jack hadn't bothered to help anyone and had just chased down Aku the future would have had nothing of value. However, his good actions paid off in the end when every person he'd ever helped came to help him back, and Ashi is the most prominent example of this. She took him back to the past after he spared her life and cleansed her of Aku's corrupting influence. She was the main representation of everything that Jack has ever done in the future, the last person he ever saved there.
Thus, it makes a lot of sense she is lost alongside the future by her own choice.

The finale itself was good enough; I've watched it three times and it got better with each viewing; it's a lot easier to digest when you know what to expect and it did leave me feeling complete. In every regard the ending was good for me, but not perfect.

However, I know my opinion is kind of rare and I can see why many people were displeased with it.
>>
>>92767612
You could argue that losing Ashi was another tragedy he would have to move past of, and that was what the final shot of him looking at the rows of cherry trees symbolized.
>>
>>92778221
Jack sabotages himself because he's too much of a good person the same way Aku has fucked himself over many times just because he's too evil. God forbid we give Jack's character some flaws.
>>
What was the best season. /co/?
>>
>>92788175
Pretty hard to choose. Even though season 4 has some of my favorite episodes, I'd say 3 is the most consistently excellent season.
Season 5 is too different for me to classify with the rest; the whole thing feels like an extremely long episode of its own.
>>
I really like this season and will defend it. But the ending did have series issues preventing it from working as well as it could have.

The epilogue needed more time.
Ashi's death was off, felt rushed, and her final line of dialogue was simple exposition.
What happened to the future Jack left behind? I'm fine with him going back to the past, it's what I expected would happen. But we've followed the future characters for the whole series. I would've liked for it to address their situation directly.
>>
>>92784596
>Muh metaphors

Oh fuck off.
>>
>>92783433
>Villain fucks up the time-continuum by throwing a guy into the future.
>Series underlines the point that MC isn't supposed to be in the future in the first place by having him not age.
>Entire story is literally about time travel.
>HURR WHY DOES HE GO BACK IN THE PAST THAT'S NOT WHAT MUH MESSAGE IS ABOUT.
>>
/a/ won again.
>>
>>92777558
You can't reason with these people. They're up their ass in headcanons.
>>
File: Genndypunishesus.png (156KB, 1239x621px) Image search: [Google]
Genndypunishesus.png
156KB, 1239x621px
>>
>>92766853
They should've cut out the beginning of characters looking at the monitor and just had a cold opening of the original intro with Aku jumping in and shouting "NOOOOOT!" to save themselves a minute or two for the ending. Would've helped the pacing a bit better.
>>
>>92776597
This makes me hate the ending even more now aside from the series being retconned from a rushed decision.
>>
Remember when Jack destroyed that portal to undo the blind archers' curse?
It didn't matter AT ALL. HE COULD HAVE JUMPED RIGHT IN AND EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME (except for the fact that Jack would have saved himself 50 years of deppredion and the pain of seeing his waifu dissapear).
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>92775282
>"I didn't like the show."
>"That's because you're too dumb to get it, kid. le fedora maymay LOL"

The people who actually like Season 5 don't need your substance-less brand of white-knighting.
>>
>>92791608
That particular well was cursed by Aku. The archers curse had already been lifted, and they warned Jack about it.
>>
>>92775418
You didn't argue anything yourself, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>92791699
Really?
https://youtu.be/dZvmZo7w3bo
>>
>>92766853
God no.
>>
>>92791840
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X52Kdc7TAQ&ab_channel=MitchHanz
yes really.
>>
>>92784869
>Samurai Jack has become /co/'s bible

Next you're going to tell me the whole first season was metaphorical.
>>
>>92791608
This is exactly why the ending was shit. It makes everything from the first four seasons pointless. Every time Jack could've gone through a portal but didn't to save a life was made pointless the second he went back.

inb4 "muh seperate timelines"; he went back when more lives were endangered than ever.
>>
>>92768014
He's russian.
>>
>>92766974
wow you're right fuck people for expecting even a tiny bit of character development

remember how in the show theres an episode about him having a panic attack because he just killed someone for the first time, yet when he goes back and erases everyone he doesnt care?

keep defending your hack writer
>>
>>92767903
>he thought the ending was perfect

lmao remember kids most of /co/ is underaged
>>
>>92784833
lol
>>
>>92789185
>Entire story is literally about time travel.

How is the "entire story literally about time travel" you utter bellend? I suggest using eyes and ears next time you "watch" something.
>>
>>92793396
>implying 'Muricans give a fuck
>>
>>92793218
Why do you exempt season 5, it was probably the most pointless of them all, what with the idea of Jack regaining hope, finding a waifu, etc.
>>
>>92794099
Not him but I even though I'm mainly pissed about Ashi getting wiped away, I don't usually lead with that when I bring it up, because it makes me seem like the butthurt waifufag I am.
>>
>>92795495
no
>>
>>92794159
>he's pissed about the most logical part of the whole season
ashifagging was a mistake, and still is really
>>
>>92795547
>birth is prevented
>events that you are directly responsible for still happen
>you are still remembered
>"logical"
>>
>>92791840
>>92791934
why did they change this?
>>
>>92766945
You do realize that Aku murdered just about everyone who came to his aid in the end right? Jack had very little reasons to stay in the future anymore
>>
I'm ok with the ending, but I feel it would've been better if she died after they were officially married. Like they get ready to take some tea after the crowds have gone away, and she doesn't appear well, and then she fades. Having her fade while on the runway sucks for her because she would've wanted to at least said "I do"...
>>
>>92799778
Aku murdering everyone who came to his aid falls under the category of "shit that happened in the last 10 minutes we want to change"
>>
>>92766853
bump
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.