[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Rebirth Titles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: dc1.jpg (247KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dc1.jpg
247KB, 1920x1080px
It's a long weekend and I'm wanting to catch up on some reading. I've been enjoying Deathstroke, Batman, Titans, Nightwing and all of the Young Animal stuff. Recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you.
>>
>>92766395
New Super Man and Deathstroke are the best
>>
New Super-Man has been probably the best of the ones you aren't reading, though the quality in the last couple of issues has started to drop a little.
>>
>>92766395
Superman title

It's been getting in the top 10, and in the top 5 in DC. It's a good bounce back after the shit in DCYou and New 52
>>
>>92766441
>though the quality in the last couple of issues has started to drop a little.
C A N C E L
A
N
C
E
L
>>
>>92766476
Yeah you can tell he's trying to fit in as much as possible. It's still good though.
>>
I really like the Green Arrow one
>>
>>92766395
Redhood and the outlaws may be the best batbook at the moment
>>
thanks guys. getting them all now.
>>
Super Sons is the best DC Comic.
>>
>>92767710
Been meaning to check that one out too. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>92766395

Supes (first few issues are slow, it gets a lot better later)
Aquaman (my personal favorite)
Super Sons (fun banter)

It's hard to believe anyone's enjoying the Batman and Nightwing books tbqh. King is shit and I dropped it halfway through I am Suicide and Nightwing is just Meh: The book, other than that Superman issue. The art is also horrible, Fernandez is a hack
>>
>>92766441

They just got a worse artist, the writing's fine. We all know JL China is gonna be the relaunch plan if necessary.
>>
>>92769946

Batman's great people are just used to Snydershit
>>
>>92770036

Never read Snyder. It's not great, you're delusional.
>>
>>92769946
Superman is terrible.
>>
>>92770005
It just feels very cluttered right now. Bat-Man and Wonder-Woman backstory arcs almost too understated and I can't even keep track of the villain shit, though maybe once that comes to a head it will make more sense.

>>92770262
I don't think it's terrible, but it has gotten overrated. And it doesn't do family stuff even half has well as Busiek did preFP.
>>
>>92770262

Superdad > Superbro
>>
>>92770530
That doesn't make it good
>>
Wildstorm is the only good title you're missing.
>>
>>92769946
Can I pickup Rebirth Aquaman without having ever read an Aquaman title before? I know that's kind of the point, but, that was kind of the point with new52 GL too, but that didn't work out.
>>
>>92771353
That's basically what I did and it was fine. Only read a few issues from Johns' run before that.
>>
File: Shade-Lotay.jpg (172KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
Shade-Lotay.jpg
172KB, 640x984px
>>92767710
>Super Sons is the best DC Comic.

That's an odd way to spell Shade.
>>
>>92766395
Green Arrow
>>
>>92771353
You can but it's super mediocre and has crappy art. You'll be skipping actual good Aquaman runs to read... this crap.
>>
>>92771528
no it's pretty good
>>
>>92771655
nah
>>
>>92771655
>>92771708
I've mostly heard people say it's been pretty great so far. I think I might pick the first volume up.
>>
>>92770036

Hahaha na senpai. I Am Suicide is one of the worst comic stories I've ever read and this was me reading it completely fresh and unbiased after hearing about Rebirth and not stopping by /co/ yet. King is incapable off writing humans and needs to go back to doing robots with his awkward ass dialogue.
>>
Red Hood and the Outlaws deserves a mention because while it might not be the best book on the shelves, it's the one that defied expectations the most.

Who seriously thought it would be good before the Rebirth issue hit?
>>
Not to hijack but how's Green Lantern? I've read everything from when Johns rebooted the universe but I stopped at New 52. Might go back and catch up on the New 52 stuff since I heard Red Lanterns is good and Sinestro got his own stuff. But how's Rebirth?
>>
If I'm an art whore, then what Rebirth titles are drawn the best?

(inb4: braindead monkey only looks at pictures)
>>
>>92770530
Not a high bar tho.

Superdad doesn't get as much of a center stage as his son tho
>>
>>92772772

Idk what he's doing because I'm not reading anything Rebirth yet but check if Francis Manapul is on anything. His Flash was gorgeous yet he was able to deliver on time unlike some of the other god tier artists like J. H. Williams who holy shit that Batwoman but isn't always delivering it consistently and is more of a rare treasure.
>>
>>92772772
Green Arrow and Trinity
>>
>>92772656
Green Lanterns is pretty good, but it's mostly because of Simon and Jessica.
Hal's book is apparently pretty good as well, but I'm not up to date.
>>
>>92772772
Shade is good.

For main DC that's where most of the book tends to suffer because they're double-shipping. Green Arrow is probably the best. WW probably after that but sort of house-styleish and Scott feels kind of rushed on her issues (compared to her usual output).
>>
File: manapul.jpg (238KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
manapul.jpg
238KB, 791x1200px
>>92772772
the first arc of Trinity was done by Manapul.
>>
>>92772837
Manapul is on Trinity.
>>
>>92772872

I haven't even gotten introduced to Simon and Jessica I'm pretty excited to get to them desu but I think I do wanna try and trudge my way through N52 first. Good to hear I have something to look forward to though thanks
>>
>>92772982
First arc of GLs wasn't that great but it's been fun ever since.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.