[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this volume suck so hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: sm2015001-mock-140819.jpg (1MB, 1296x2000px) Image search: [Google]
sm2015001-mock-140819.jpg
1MB, 1296x2000px
Why does this volume suck so hard?
>>
>kid Arachnig
>>
Because he has no depth more than "like spider-island, but Black.because adopted son of Bendis is black"
>>
>>92760224
There's no real direction, just things that happen if that makes sense. The only important plot development with any real impact is Miles' mom finding out his identity, nothing else really matters.
>>
File: 1437643045727.png (57KB, 548x546px) Image search: [Google]
1437643045727.png
57KB, 548x546px
Current Marvel thinks the idea of a character is more important than the stories they're in. Also, hiring people that have no interest in comics other than getting likes on social media. No one has really taken up the mantle of their older writers that have either passed away or retired.
I've been reading Marvel since 1976 and I've quit them totally after they've gone this sexist, racist route (the irony being that pandering is more harmful to minorities and women by showing them that they're weak and need to be protected)
>>
>>92760224
It started with Miles single-handedly taking down fucking Blackheart with Venom Blast after Bendis established that he knows Blackheart's power level by showing that he beat Thor, Iron Man, Vision and several others off-screen.
>>
>>92760224
because it upset a bunch of racist to find out that a black kid could be superior than some dead white guy
>>
>>92761103
Bendis pls
>>
As a black teenager when Miles first debuted, I was actually pretty excited at the prospect of the character taking the Spider-Mantle. How the hell did Marvel fumble him so bad that he's the most bland, milquetoast character they have? He essentially has no defining traits other than "Is a teenager"
>>
>>92762727
But he's black, so you have to like him. I mean, there's no way you could like a character unless it's the same race and gender as you.

t. Marvel Editorial
>>
>>92760224
Ultimate fucking anything has been dead since Ultimatum, Death of Spider-man was final nail in its already fucking stacked with nails coffin.
>>
>>92760224
Idk. Like it's hard to say "It's Bendis" because he's written the character for years now. I honestly think it's the fact the Bendis pretty much wrote the Ultimate Universe and putting him in a room where he has to play with other writers harms his writing ability.
>>
I think they need to put Miles with a new writer. Other writers have done better with the character.
>>
>>92765967
It's Bendis.
The guy only has 3 stories for Miles
"I can't live up to Peter's Legacy until someone comes along and tells me I'm doing great"
"My dad was into some suspicious shit!"
"An Event is happening! I don't want to get sucked in! Oh no, I got sucked in!"
And as soon as that third one happens we reset and repeat.
>>
>>92760224
>watered down diversity copy written by a hack

I think Miles has potential, he's just stuck with Bendis.
>>
>>92760224
I don't know what makes any one think this volume is much worse than any of his previous ones. That's not entirely true, but not far from it.

In his life in the Ultimate universe, he was constantly being given or introduced with interesting story points, that went nowhere, that never panned out or just fizzled off without any real conclusion. I thought most of the time when they wrap this will be pretty cool, this is a different take,I'm actually curious to see how this is resolved.
Things like:

>His dads dislike of heroes
>Him trying to live up to and honor the Legacy of Peter
>His uncle being thief (Prowler)
>His connection to Venom

None of those, went anywhere really, either dropped completely or forgotten about for a time then wrapped up in one issue never to be built upon or mentioned again. And for me a few issues after Miles goes through the whole quitting Spiderman the book seems to be at least half about Gwen and Spidergirl telling Miles why Peter was awesome.

And for better or worse (in my opinion worse), they bring Miles over to the "main" universe, and erase ANY history he had in favor of a happy home life where his biggest drama is skipping classes,lower grades, missing dates and lying to mommy. Correct me If I'm wrong, I really don't follow Miles outside of a storytime now and then. What happens in his life that's interesting? What makes him standout or memorable outside of being Black Spiderman? Seriously, that was like the subplot if not main of one issue, him being "Black" Spiderman.

There's absolutely nothing to the character outside of his race which isn't that interesting either. No relationships, No unique independent villains, No overwhelming fight that hasn't been solved with a one punch from his Venom Blast, No acknowledgement of the fairly unique situation he's in.

>Why does this volume suck so hard?
Because he's black. And that is all that he is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.