[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

And I thought his parents were irredeemable pieces of shit before.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 25

File: Capture2.png (190KB, 923x329px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
190KB, 923x329px
And I thought his parents were irredeemable pieces of shit before.
>>
>>92735874
And we thought you were an autist before.
>>
>>92735914
youre complimenting him
>>
File: c_parents.gif (20KB, 570x180px) Image search: [Google]
c_parents.gif
20KB, 570x180px
>>92735914
These people are scum and you know it.
>>
>>92735925
You're right. Calling him an autist is an insult to autists.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to call him that wouldn't be a compliment.
>>
That's not what an irredeemable father would do. An irredeemable pice of shit would beat Calvin for breaking his thing, then beat Calvin again for crying because being a pussy is a worse offense than breaking a thing, then he would leave to buy cigarettes and never return home.
>>
>>92735967
You... you need to talk about anything, anon?
>>
I know this is bait and all but I'm genuinely annoyed at how many fucking threads there have been trying to shit all over Calvin and Hobbes. Have you people nothing better to do than to shitpost about one of the good things we have in this world?

And on the off chance this ISN'T bait, nice cherrypicking of events. I suppose you conveniently forgot about the very next fucking strip wherein Calvin apologizes for breaking the binoculars and his dad immediately apologizes for shouting at Calvin. I suppose the fact he yelled at all is indicative of a shitty parent, right?
>>
>>92736045
>abuse is fine as long as you apologize

Never reproduce.
>>
>>92735940
They're just going through raising a six year old, all the happy and trying times it brings with it.
>>
>>92735940
every parent says this.
>>
>>92735967
nah, an iredeemable piece of shit would beat their family then leave before the child is old enough to remember them and call them out of the blue once their 18, then proceed to send texts where they lie about several things and "wish" to now be part of their life
>>
>>92735874
Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, shitposter-tan. You're not going to get /co/ to change its opinion on one of the most beloved strips in history.
>>
>>92736080
and then beat them
>>
>>92736062
>abuse
I bet you'd raise weak children
>>
>>92735874
Calvin was tossing the binoculars to himself on concrete and apparently disintegrated them. His dad overreacted, yeah but he was upset at the time.

I don't think there's any evidence that Calvin's ever been *beaten* or anything (spanked yes, but that's not really child abuse) and his mom certainly reacted better when the kid accidentally put the station wagon in a ditch, backwards

For all the shit Calvin's actually done, I think his parents show commendable restraint apart from times when the Dad grumbles about calling the orphanage or this "we should have gotten a dog" running gag that just feels like something he persists in bringing up as kind of a venting technique... The kid's antics are so extreme that it's unrealistic to think that his parents wouldn't say something they'd take back in an instant.

Then again, in later strips his mom is never shown to think it's funny that Dad talks about the dog joke. And she was the one who entirely handled the carwreck situation, has been seen to talk to Hobbes (albeit in his plush form) to where she even called out for him when he got lost, so maybe you could argue that his dad is a tremendous asshole. Calvin's mom loves him, even if that is strained, but he certainly has different expectations and takes less steps to bond with his kid.
>>
File: 1996-01-02.gif (9KB, 240x319px) Image search: [Google]
1996-01-02.gif
9KB, 240x319px
>>92735874
>>
>>92736089
nah, i wouldnt give them the chance. you may have my number somehow but im sure as hell not replying to you
>>
>>92736083
I think the whole point of Calvin and Hobbes was a subtle commentary on child abuse.

He probably quit when after 10 fucking years, not only were people not getting it, but actually praising the characters as some kind of loving family.
>>
>>92736135
You're either a troll or an idiot. I can't be bothered to reason with either.
>>
>>92736135
where's the abuse?
>>
>>92736114
The dad is just stressed and working all the time so we don't usually get to see the brightest of sides from him but whenever we see him relaxed he seems like a genuinely decent guy like the camping trip or when he's watching the sunset. Honestly from what we've seen of him outside of just being the tired dad I think a lot of Calvin's free spirit smart ass personality comes from his dad.
>>
>>92736168
Congratulations. Not only are you the reason he quit, you're probably the reason he gave up on humanity and became a recluse.
>>
File: bgMmrTL.gif (68KB, 900x295px) Image search: [Google]
bgMmrTL.gif
68KB, 900x295px
Was Calvin /Our Guy/?
>>
One of the strips with his mom made me think she was a bitch. He was trying on weird sunglasses at the mall and his mom flipped out instead of being like "that's great but I'm not buying it put it back" like a pleasant person would. She must be constantly on the verge of throwing a tantrum, that's not a good parent.
>>
>>92735874
I think that it's a strip coming from a very real place. Parents do that kind of shit to their kids all the time. Lots of parents do not like their children, and emotional punish them all the time. Worse, even when they do "good" they still "punish" or resent them and then that really screws the kids up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddeaF7ykASc
>>
I'm surprised you're on 4chan at all, David Willis, creator of "Shortpacked!" and "Dumbing of Age", much less on /co/. I thought our alternative opinions on your views regarding parentage was too unusual for your tastes.
>>
>>92736062
>raising your voice when you're upset is abuse

What kind of weak faggot are you?
>>
>>92736168
I'd argue he is both.
>>
>>92735874
How is that irredeemable? It's not even unreasonable. He yelled because his kid constantly breaks shit and stopped when he saw that he was crying and actually sorry. Not seeing the issue, and I'm usually the one to call out fictional parents as being abusive.
>>
>>92736216
Calvin once hammered nails into their table because he was bored. She probably just didn't want him mindlessly destroying something that she'd then have to pay for.
>>
>>92736221
no, they don't like themselves. because their kids are a part of them.
>>
>>92735874
Most parents are garbage because most people are garbage and dont have a fucking clue what they are doing and usually resent even having a kid after the novelty wears off and they realize their social life is fucked.
>>
>>92736233
If you're an adult and are regularly driven to hysterics and screaming fits by a six year old, you might be mentally ill, a dimwit, or both. And you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children.
>>
>>92735874
The worst thing is that I can't tell if you're baiting or if you're just such a spoiled and coddled millennial that you genuinely think parents that ever get angry are horrible.
>>
>>92736281
have you raised a six year old? calvin is a little faggot.
>>
>>92735940
Someone made a theory that Calvin was Rosalyn's son and his "parents" raised him because they were relatives of Rosalyn with no children of their own.
>>
>>92736293
The fact that you were raised in a trailer park and had Pa hurl whisky bottles at you doesn't make it normal.
>>
>>92736273
This is true, but I don't think Calvin's dad falls under that, at least in the OP.

>>92736281
How is this "regularly"? The kid broke something expensive. Yelling at him and then stopping when he shows remorse is completely reasonable, especially considering this is Calvin who normally shows no remorse for his actions and no consideration for others. What the fuck would you do, give him a time out for 5 minute?
>>
File: Calvin binoculars apology.jpg (40KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
Calvin binoculars apology.jpg
40KB, 600x200px
In the strips immediately after this one Calvin's dad apologizes for yelling at him, admits that he overreacted, and comforts Calvin by assuring him that it wasn't really that big of a deal. If raising your voice and apologizing for it is your definition of irredeemable you have a fucked up worldview.
>>
>>92736325
The fact that you keep making the same fucking thread after people point out repeatedly that you're a moron is also not normal.
>>
>>92736116
Poorly veiled fetishism
>>
>>92736746
Vore shows up in that newspaper strip from time to time but I doubt the artist has the fetish. It almost inevitably crops up in any strip that has animals in it.
>>
>>92736281
Ah yes, the infinite wisdom of a sensitive Anon. Tell me, if you had a six year old as rambunctious and destructive as Calvin, and he broke something expensive of yours, what would you do?

Calmly sit him down and explain what he did was wrong? Let's say you did, and he "took it to heart". Then let's say he did it again. And again. And again. And again, because one talk is hardly enough to fully control a child's wild antics. Based on your idea of what "good parenting" is I get the impression you'd let him keep breaking shit because you wouldn't want to "scar" his poor little psyche.

I'm sure you'll make a great dad one day, anon. I mean, assuming you ever find a woman who is willing to procreate with a quivering pile of jelly too terrified to discipline a child.
>>
>>92736446
I wish more parents knew how important it is to apologize to their kids. So many people I know have parents who would consistently scream at their kids and then act like nothing happened 15 minutes later, and it made for a fucked up relationship.

Even if you feel like your kid doesn't "deserve" an apology, they're still developing emotionally and they really need the reassurance. Plus it teaches them how to properly apologize, and that screaming at people isn't a good way to approach conflict.
>>
>>92735967
You forgot that he would later blame Calvin for it or pretend it didn't happen or it wasn't so serious at all and you are just exaggerating
>>
>>92736281
This is why you're a faggot and your kids will be faggots
>>
>>92736446
Yeah.

Waterson was never afraid to have Calvin's parents be human but they were always pretty good folks.
>>
>it's a "there's no middle ground" thread
this time we got a match up between the "never discipline your children" team and the "physically abuse your children" team
>>
>>92736221
I want this guy to get his own tv show
>>
>>92736281
Try having kids before giving your opinions on them, underage fag
>>
The only times I can remember Calvin getting physically harmed by his parents is him getting spanked when he snuck up behind his mom with a firecracker (or inflated paper bag I think) then laughed her reaction, and the occasional time he annoyed the fuck out of his mom by literally screaming at her so she tossed him out the front door to go play outside.

Honestly he has good parents, he's just a brat sometimes. Given the stuff that an occasionally smart kid puts them through, they're pretty lenient and usually just send him to his room.

Honestly, Hobbes hurts him more physically than his parents ever do. Or he hurts himself? It was one of those things I tried too hard not to think about.
>>
>>92737953
My dad never apologized to me even tho he was borderline monstrous at times
My mom constantly apologized only to do the same thing five minutes later, apologizing to her was just another way of getting what she wanted
>>
>>92737811
>justifying child abuse

Thank you for proving my point, as well as further reaffirming my stance that 4chan is full of absolute psychopaths who should never, ever, EVER have children. There is absolutely zero reason to ever yell at a child, and if you can't control your emotions around your children then you shouldn't have them at all.

I don't have kids but even I know that there are ways to convey your displeasure with their behavior without having to "punish" them (which is something that all good parents understand, that "punishment" is never the answer to their child misbehaving). I absolutely would sit my child down and explain what they did wrong in a calm, rational manner, because I know they would understand. Children aren't dogs, they are smart enough to understand when you're upset and can be spoken to on equal footing, so all yelling will do is make them think you're going to physically hit them (which, given your general attitude, seems to be a justified fear).
>>
>>92736116
>Either Hobbes broke the wall between reality and fiction or Calvin got creative with some extra fabric and needs more help than we thought.
>>
>>92737953
This.

it's not the SCREAMING that's necessarily evil, but not finishing the transaction. That's what so many people mistake; discipline is needed but so is reassurance. Neglecting either leaves the child confused and unsure of how to act.
>>
File: time has changed.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
time has changed.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>92735874
>Playing with bamboo sticks in the house even though dad told me not to
>It's fine he's watching TV loud, he can't hear me
>Swishing it around and swordfighting with it like usual
>Dad rounds the corner
>His eyes get big
>Drop the stick and sprint up the stairs on all fours towards my room
>Hear him chasing me, push door to room closed
>He slams it open
>He has the bamboo stick in hand
>"HOW MANY GODDAMN TIMES, HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DID I SAY IT"
>Smashes the stick on the door frame and throws the broken halves at me and leaves
>"Throw that away and clean your room."

My dad doesn't drink anymore but that day put the fucking fear of god into me.
>>
>>92738185
>i don't have kids

LOL.
>>
>>92737953
Apologies put you in a weak place, assure them you still love them and then reinforce why you were upset, sure but never apologize.
>>
>family values
>>
>>92736319
Who is Rosalyn?
>>
File: ch1.gif (87KB, 600x422px) Image search: [Google]
ch1.gif
87KB, 600x422px
>>92735874
The strip after the one you posted has Calvin's dad apologize for shouting at him too you cherry-picking shitter. How about instead of shitposting about a classic comic strip and spewing your shitty armchair psychology you go neck yourself you coddled faggot.
>>
>>92738300

How on earth is that a point against what I just said? Or are you so out of arguments that you've resorted to just saying "LOL" to my posts to try and discredit me? Because that makes you look like the foolish one, if I'm being honest.
>>
File: ch2.gif (117KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
ch2.gif
117KB, 600x427px
>>92738378
>>
>>92738275
That's it? My Dad hit me with the belt in the middle of the night while I was sleeping because I touched his bag which contained perverted films.
>>
>>92738395
there's some things about raising children that you'll really only get when you have kids yourselves or work as a teacher
>>
>>92738366
The babysitter
>>
>>92736062
>yelling is abuse
jesus christ what's next? you're gonna tell me staring is rape?
>>
>>92738366
Calvin's mentally ill babysitter. I recall her story arc ending with Calvin flushing her medication down the toilet or something.
>>
>>92736319
Better than the Fight Club theory.
>>
File: ch3.gif (19KB, 600x190px) Image search: [Google]
ch3.gif
19KB, 600x190px
>>92738395
It's a point because you don't have kids and yet are trying to use some sort of moral high ground on how kids should be raised, when in actuality if you raise your child by coddling everything they do, you raise some spineless fag like yourself who can't take someone shouting at them.
>>
File: ch4.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
ch4.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>92738448
>>
>>92738436
Her science notes, actually.
>>
>>92736319
That's stupid.
>>
File: ch5.jpg (99KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
ch5.jpg
99KB, 600x427px
>>92738462
>>
File: ch6.jpg (467KB, 600x1800px) Image search: [Google]
ch6.jpg
467KB, 600x1800px
>>92738484
>>
>>92738423
That's bullshit for it's ok to be an abusive assholes to a kid because you are under stress
Guess what? If your kid is bad it's your fucking fault because you raised him that way
>But I gave him food and a roof
Yeah, guess what? Kids are naturally selfish and asocial it's your fucking job to teach them, if you did nothing and your kid spent all day Alone or you just put him in childhood destroying medication then don't complain when you can't fucking manage him, all those other better kids out there are the results of competent parent but what do you care anyways? It's 18 years and he is out, he is the one stuck dealing with your mistakes for the rest of his life not the other way around
>>
>>92738503
I don't need this shit
>>
>>92738512
something you need to get off your chest, anon?
>>
>>92738512
>projecting this many daddy issues and being this unable to take responsibility
Oh man, I hope this is b8. You are beyond fucking sad.
>>
>>92738536
I voted for Donald Trump and there is nothing you can do about it?
>>
>>92738474
Should have been her diabetes medication, but I guess Watterson isn't know for killing off characters.
>>
>>92738553
>Trump voters have daddy issues
explains a lot
>>
>>92735874
>I BET THEY VOTED TRUMP! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1495482809352.jpg (68KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1495482809352.jpg
68KB, 604x603px
>>92737953
I had an abusive father before my mom divorced him when I was age 7. One of the very stark memories of him etched into my mind, to the point where I can recall the bedroom paint color, the time of day and light coming into the window, the carpet, his face, hair, and clothing... Happened when I had just turned age 5.
My mom and dad bought me a 3 speed bicycle for my birthday. It was less than a few weeks later when I had stripped or broken the tiny shifter chain for that old model. He went to the bike store, bought me a new one, showed it to me, and mentioned the bike would be fixed after lunch. After that, the new tiny chain went missing and he blamed me since it was seen last in my presence.
He told me that I would get a paddling if I didn't find it before sundown. The paddle he used was his hardwood fraternity paddle from college with greek letters inset on the face. I was frantic and looked everywhere. I even looked in the cat box. I knew if I didn't find it, I would be bruised and hurting for days.
I couldn't find it. He had the paddle in his hand as he came to my bedroom. He told me drop my pants and bend over the bed. I was in rock solid tears. Just before he started hitting me, he stopped and reached into his pocket. He pulled out the tiny chain and with a smile of pure mirth on his round face, he laughed and said "Son! Silly me, it was in my pocket the whoooooole time!" stretching out the word like we were in a Disney show or something.
He said he was sorry. He's in a VA hospital right now with Parkinson's and advanced kidney issues and will croak soon. I'm getting a LOT of cash from the will. I've been a grown man for decades and that's still how I see him when I visit - the apology, the face of mirth, everything from that day and before.

So yes, apologies from parents stay with you for decades later. They're pretty fucking rare.
>>
>>92738549
Because you know exactly what happened because you were there to see it right?
For all you know my dad could have been a convict who was in and out of prison yet I'm the one.with issues and you are not the one projecting right?
Child abuse is never ok, there is never a justification for it. The only people who do are bad people, you don't know how they really treat their kids when they are alone at home and nobody is watching
>>
>>92738568
To be fair I also hate my mother and I collect sexual things that shouldn't be sexual in my closet
>>
File: 4523525243.jpg (103KB, 536x564px) Image search: [Google]
4523525243.jpg
103KB, 536x564px
>>92736062
I hope this is bait, I fear for our future if it isn't.
>>
>>92735874
His dad didn't even hit him
>>
>>92738512
I'm sorry your daddy beat you and you needed meds for your ADHD but simply shouting at your kid when they really mess up isn't child abuse you autist. Thankfully you'll never have kids to coddle and turn into spoiled little brats
>>
>>92736202

Child Abuse. Sexism. Why isn't this guy in jail?
>>
>>92738594
>daddy almost spanked me!
>I was ABUSED
>>
>>92738639
I know, right. He didn't even lock him in the dog house or throw beer bottles at him.
>>
>>92735874
>be a stupid kid and break some expensive shit
>get reprimanded by parents
>"b-but I already f-f-f-feel bad!"
nah, op, you take that shit cuz you deserve it
gotta learn that your actions have consequences
>>
>>92738318
I disagree, apologizing doesn't put you in a weak place. It's as much about demonstrating proper behavior as it is reassuring your kid. It's not as if you have to get your kid ice cream with every apology, it's just a simple "I'm sorry" and that's that.

Not to mention that an outburst isn't always justified by something your kid did. If you're 2 hours into trying to fix the A/C, and your 5-year-old walks in and tries to ask you something, and you snap at her so loudly she starts crying, apologizing is probably the best thing to do.
>>
>>92738568
>manipulating someones emotions to feel superior
shit u must be a woman
>>
>>92738657
anon just because he avoided it once doesn't mean there weren't other instances
>>
File: 1488767708861.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488767708861.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>92735874
This was actually the realest shit to me. My parents were pretty much exactly like Calvins (particularly my dad).
I could relate to breaking something and then trying to hide it soooo well. I don't think I got the full shouting contest except maybe once, but I'm sure I got a stern talking to a good couple of times.

And I mean, maybe getting mad isn't the number 1 in the 101 pareting book, but I think it conveys his dads (and parents in general) frustration when your kid does something you made VERY clear that they shoulnd't do. Parenting is a hard fucking job, mate. And for your retarded comment, imagine raising Calvin, of all kids.
>>
>>92738657
NAYRT but it's a pretty fucked up thing to do to a kid anyway
>>
>>92738649
I will coddle your kids, how about that?
>>
>>92738275
My dad would have 100% beaten me with the bamboo stick. Well smacked me with it a bit, not really beat me
He was an alright guy
>>
>>92738689
Or maybe they need to be less thin skinned. Oh no, someone is annoyed, it's all over
>>
File: 886.jpg (86KB, 655x560px) Image search: [Google]
886.jpg
86KB, 655x560px
>>92738594
So did he know he had it the whole time or what? Because that determines the line between redeemable asshole and mindless sociopath
>>
>>92738745
Anon, I don't think being a pedo is the solution to a parent yelling at their kids.
>>
>>92738185
>I don't have kids
Well I'm not fucking suprised. Here's the thing: Kids aren't small adults. They can, and ABSOLUTELY will try to press every one of your fucking buttons, argue every point, and generally be kids. Thing is, parents don't need to explain their every little decision in a thoughtful, logical way. If little Timmy doesn't want to wear his snow boots, you don't sit him down for a heart-to-heart and explain why winter clothes are nessecary. Because fuck it, he's already 15 minutes late to school, and he LITERALLY doesn't understand what he's talking about. Because he's a kid.

Granted, you shoulnd't yell at your kid at every opportunity, but sometimes they're throwing a tantrum in the supermarket and then the best course of action is a stern talking to.
>>
File: BtQR1CgCYAAhFhI.jpg:orig.jpg (33KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
BtQR1CgCYAAhFhI.jpg:orig.jpg
33KB, 960x640px
>>92735874
>And I thought Arthur was an irredeemable piece of shit before.

See, OP? I can do it too.
>>
>>92738784
They're five years old, anon. Come on.
>>
>>92738791
It's a simbiotical relationship
Pedos target the kids that are abused at home
>>
File: 1H3f7jNA.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1H3f7jNA.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>tfw had an Atticus Finch dad
Often stern, but always kind dads are the GOAT dads
>>
>>92738926
You're right. I'm just going overboard because I am tired of seeing one instance of a parent getting mad as abuse. Abuse is locking your kid in a room with out dinner, beating them, and so on. Getting mad that your kid broke one of your favorite things is not.
>>
>>92738784
>the 4 year old with little interaction outside of his or her parents is thin skinned when one of the two rocks in his or her life starts yelling at him
Are you autistic because you seem to have no perspective of how people other than you see the world.
>>
>>92738594
Wow, anon my dad would get drunk and beat me but I'm really sorry that your Dad played a trick on you. It must have been really hard staying in a stable home instead of being flung from foster home to foster home through your teen years. That must have really taken a toll on you anon I'm really really sorry you had such a broken home that your semi-successful college grad dad once nearly hit you, that must have been really hard on your fragile lower middle-class mind. That had to suck dude. You know it doesn't even compare when later in my teenage years I was told my mom committed suicide, that doesn't even compare and you're 100% right, that was absolute child abuse because your dying rich dad nearly hit you as a joke, I mean he must have forgotten to major in Child Psychology so he would have realized that your seven-year-old mind could not take a prank.

Really, all my condolences.
>>
>>92738657
don't kid yourself. my older brother and I felt that paddle dozens of times, swung as hard as he could. The hospital records were presented as a part of the divorce and settlement.
>>
>>92738855
>Arthur
That's a horrible example. Arthur didn't even stop at DW. He brutalized Buster and had Muffy and Francine cowering in an attic that they were next while Binky and Brain both tried to quell his rage. The fucker has anger problems.
>>
>>92739060
again, you missed the point. he would beat me, my mother, and my older brother for years leading up to that one instance. I regret to hear your reading comprehension and ability to infer details from text were omitted from your public education.
>>
>>92739060
>you can't be upset because people in africa are starving
Fuck off. You can shit on him for the blog post but not because he didn't have it 'hard enough'.
>>
>>92739060
It's not a pissing contest anon, I'm sure we can agree both you and that other anon had shitty dads.

But it's nice to see empathize with others who also had an abusive childhood and share your pain, instead of turning it into a competion of who had the shittiest life.
>>
>>92736062
Nigga yelling at a child for breaking shit isnt abuse.
Ive put up with abuse and yelling over stupid shit i did sure as fuck wasnt a part of it.
>>
>>92739191
a bloo bloo bloo, you got faked out. How traumatizing.
>>
>many people who use 4Chan had a sad childhood
Really makes you think.
>>
>>92739236
No, my parents didn't abuse me.
>>
>>92739060
Wow, I forgot people can't have shitty experiences in life because other people have also had shitty experiences in their life. I guess you having a shitty dad and life in foster homes must mean nothing when other people grow up without a home and no parents, get addicted to drugs and run around with gangbangers until they get shot and die at the age of 16.
>>
>>92738653
With the current political climate i honestly cant tell if this is supposed to be lazy trolling or an honest opinion.
This generation is truly the worst.
>>
>>92739297
this whole thread is lazy trolling and you're a retard if you can't tell
>>
File: blankface.png (39KB, 344x517px) Image search: [Google]
blankface.png
39KB, 344x517px
>want to adopt a child
>have to pass lots of tests, do lots of paperwork, convince the authorities I'm qualified for raising a child
>want to have children
>just make the missus pregnant; no tests, no paperwork, no convincing anyone
>>
>>92739339
Willingly becoming a cuck is probably a sign of mental illness after all. Having your own child is merely part of the natural order.
>>
>>92739060
Glad to hear that your shitty experiences didn't turn you into a bitter, cynical asshole.
>>
>>92739324
>/co/mblr is real
>literally have plebbit commies unironically trying to stir up shit on /k/ and /pol/
With the amount of shit going around can you blame anybody being unable to tell the difference?
Not to mention trolls are as mentally deficient as the normies that spout this shit.
>>
>>92735874
It's good for a kid to see other people get very upset because something they care about got broken because the kid was being a brat and disobeyed direct instruction.

Sure you should never strike the kid, and it's easy to overboard, but always remaining calm isn't good either because it makes the kid think they can do whatever and it won't really hurt anyone, daddy will buy new ones with the magic money card in his wallet, no biggie.
Kids need to learn that the shit they pull can actually really make other people very upset. Even parents. Sure it makes them feel like shit but that's growing up, in life your actions have consequences.
>>
>>92739404
>Sure you should never strike the kid
you want another generation of millenials? that's how you get it.
>>
>>92739284
>all 4chan users had a sad childhood
Fixed that for you.
Nobody would be here if they werent crazy.
>>
>>92739375
Adopting a child isn't being a cuck. Raising another man's child is only cuckery if the child is your wife's.
>>
>>92739375
>Adopting kids is cuckoldry now
>>
>>92736062
>if you ever raise your voice at a kid when they've broken very expensive shit when you specifically told them not to touch it, it's the same as abuse
If you ever have kids they're gonna be awful spoiled brats with zero discipline, all the teachers and the parents of their friends are gonna fucking hate your little monsters and when they become teenagers they'll run all over over you
>>
>>92739134
Jee whiz anon I'm very sorry that you got beat, life is very hard for you. Especially since your rich dad was still able to amass a fortune after your mother gutted him with alimony etc.

Enjoy your inheritance anon! Never forgive your dad!

>>92739150
The funny difference is I don't sit around and pout about negative bullshit that's happened to me. After I got my degree and my life started stabilizing I hunted down my father, and found him a homeless drunk in Sacremento. He's lived with me for two years, I helped him get mental help, I helped him get a new job, I helped him turn his life around. I couldn't stand someone so close to me suffering like he's done. He was sick, that anon's father might have been sick too. But that anon spends all his time crying about what an evil shit his father was and giggling like a greedy leech about the profit he's about to gain from his suffering father. What a productive little trooper. I hear this same fucking story about the same rate as I hear, 'So when will you start charging your dad rent?'

To me, treating an abusive parent like that is to show you're no better than the abuser. You didn't learn anything but to abuse just like him. Give it a few years anon, you'll show your true colors.
>>
>>92739481
>>92739480
Raising another man's child. Indeed, you are not unlike the birds in the wild who are cucked by the cuckoo. It's a rather sad sight to see you defending this.
>>
>>92739502
>The funny difference is I don't sit around and pout about negative bullshit that's happened to me.
Except you're doing that right fucking now by blogging your life story just the same as him.
>>
>>92739514
I guess it's too bad that that's your only way of ever raising a child then.
>>
>>92739502
>I don't sit around and pout about negative bullshit that's happened to me
it's funny to me that you post this with zero irony
>>
>>92739502
>The funny difference is I don't sit around and pout about negative bullshit that's happened to me.
>>92739060
>>
>>92739514
So we should just leave orphans be? Also what the cuckoo bird does to the host is most often not intentional.
>>
>>92739531
>>92739552
>>92739553
When you're standing over your child with a hand ringing and that kid crying, just remember you've ignored an entire message because learning compassion is difficult. Ya'll need to take your poor reading skills to Les Mis.
>>
>>92739502
>You didn't learn anything
Wrong, I learned not to have children, that already makes me better
>>
>>92739610
>I learned I can't abuse children if I don't have them!
>>
>>92739605
We kind of do already
Most orphans ate black and come from really abusive nightmarish households with drug use and rape
It's not easy to end up an orphan, it's not just about the parents but the whole family should be unfit or unwilling to take care of the child
Even if the kid manages to go through that and not become cynical and violent Wich is impossible he would still be too old for people looking to adopt
>>
>>92739633
Please point to me what's wrong or incorrect about that statement
>>
>>92738185
>There is absolutely zero reason to ever yell at a child
ohhhhhh boy. someone hasn't been around kids much at all.

You'll be in for a rude awakening if you ever have kids of your own, the wet dishrag of reality will slap you in the face and you'll struggle with the realization that you've been a) wrong b) a goddamn naive idiot all these years and you'll find yourself yelling at your kids occasionally

>there are ways to convey your displeasure with their behavior without having to "punish" them
Of course you need to fucking punish the kids. Not physically of course, but they don't necessarily always obey just because they know you're displeased. You need to use punishments like time outs or grounding or denying dessert or such occasionally.

Children don't have some inherent sense of morality, anon. You need to instill it into them, through raising them right. If you're too allowing and merely let them know you feel upset but there's no other repercussions to anything ever, the kids will grow up to be spoiled little assholes. I've seen that happen first with the peers of my younger brother and also through stories from the friends who have kindergarten age kids.

>Children … can be spoken to on equal footing
>hurr a parent should be like an equal peer or a friend, and not a guardian or a figure of authority
it's people like you who produce the self-centered solipsistic assholes in the world, anon
I really pity anyone who'll need to teach any kids you have in the future, holy shit
>>
>>92739608
Fuck off. You're not trying to teach some lesson you're blog posting like a faggot.
>>
>>92739375
So Alfred Pennyworth is a cuck?
>>
>>92739608
>Ya'll
You're right, I'm going to start abusinfg my kids because I didn't read your blog.
>>
>>92739719
No, he does his job and gets paid
Unless you are stalinists tire and think that all workers are slaves then you can't claim that
>>
>>92738185
Please stop. You're making those of us who actually oppose child abuse look bad.
>>
>>92739695
>I really pity anyone who'll need to teach any kids you have in the future, holy shit

20 bucks that he'll be helicopter dad that spends his days by screeching how his little Anon Wrech-Onahole Dickberg isn't being treated by the education system as the uniquely talented and important individual he is.
>>
>>92736226
Underrated
>>
>>92738318
No, you have to apologize when you really made a mistake. Just own up to it and apologize, you don't need to grovel or anything, just admit that that one thing was a mistake and you're sorry about that.
It teaches them to apologize for their own mistakes, too.

You can't expect your kids to follow moral codes of conduct if you can't be an example and shit all over them yourself
>>
File: alfred pennyworth.jpg (785KB, 1005x1527px) Image search: [Google]
alfred pennyworth.jpg
785KB, 1005x1527px
>>92739767
You know that Alfred is Bruce Wayne's adopted father.
>>
>>92739605
Should we concern ourselves with the dregs of society? They are already predisposed to commit the sins of their parents
>>
>>92739431
Didn't have that sad a childhood, I was just an ignorant piece of shit for most of it, then high school hit and life went down the fucking drain with my mom's on and off battle with cancer. It sucked, but my parents did their best to be good parents, even if they ended up screaming at me a couple times over the course of my young adulthood. I recognize my luck in that regard, all things considered.
>>
>>92739694
What's wrong is you need to start talking to a psychologist because if you see yourself as not suited to raising a child, you're not going to develop healthy relationships in general. Abusive traits learned through an abuser will only get worse the longer you go on feeling self-confident that your ego properly addresses the core issue. Yeah, you made a makeshift patch to prevent yourself from ever possibly continuing the cycle of abuse to children, but what about friends? The rest of your family? Your spouse?

Unless you correctly address the learned negative behavior you're eventually going to construct a negative unhealthy relationship.

>>92739699
>>92739746
If you think I'm seeking attention then why drown me with (you)s you fucking retards

>>92739905
If there's no compassion for each other than can you really claim any moral superiority? Or even moral stability?
>>
>>92739848
My brother actually had a classmate like this. A little precocious bitch who'd been spoiled and coddled by her parents, the parents really subscribed to this "no reason to yell ever" "you should talk to your child as if they're equal to you, as a friend and not an authority figure" crap.

They legit tried to get the teacher in trouble for brutally being way too harsh and humiliating their little angel in class. What the teacher had done was expect the girl to raise her hand and wait for permission to speak like everyone else, instead of just shouting and starting to talk whenever she felt like it. How cruel!

"Our child is exceptionally smart, and we've been raising her up to believe that her thoughts and opinions are valid, she's intelligent and participating in the discussion and it's unfair that she's told off for expressing her views!"
They were 7-ish. Can you imagine a classroom of 25 kids all raised with this same approach? Expecting them to wait their turn is "cruel"?

These more and more problem children like this, because there's more and more clueless morons like anon in this thread having kids and spoiling them to all hell because they're afraid of the responsibility and authority and just let the kids do whatever
>>
>>92739480
>>92739481
You see, humans are not social animals where members of the herd or pack other than a young's parents can contribute to raising the young.
>>
>>92739767
what about Bruce, who adopted three kids not born from his loins?
>>
>>92739950
>responds to multiple posts at once
>I-I'm not hungry for the (You) cock, you're just feeding me
>>
>>92739428
No, it's possible to use effective punishments that aren't physical or cruel or don't damage the basic sense of security of the child. There's a middle ground between being an irresponsible best buddy parent spoiling the kid and just slapping em when they mess up.

Unfortunately the effective yet non-physical punishment method takes more effort and emotional involvement, but it'll produce healthier, well-adjusted individuals who don't resent their parents and also aren't assholes
>>
>>92735874
IF I SEE ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT MENTALLY CHALLENGED /CO/ USERS WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND CALVIN AND HOBBES, I'M GONNA FUCKING LOSE IT
>>
>>92739950
All I need is to be mature enough to understand that I'm not capable of handling being a father, if my dad did that then he would have never harmed me
I won't make the same mistakes he made, someone here said that people who go through abuse and remain resentful learned nothing, he is right. You don't learn form being abused and you don't grow nor develop from it, that's why abuse isn't hardship, you do learn and grow from hardship, abuse just crippled you forever
>>
>>92736062
>Yelling at your son for wasting a ton of money is abuse

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92739950
>What about friends
I respectfully keep my distance
>Family
I have no contact with them
>Spouse
That won't be a problem
>>
>>92740112
pretty sure it's just one guy
>>
>>92735874
Well I don't know about calvin but most kids would only feel bad because they fear the consequences they might face

If the parent wouldn't express disapproval there is no consequence and they won't feel bad about it next time
>>
>>92740174
>browsing /co/ so much that you recognize individual posters

When was the last time you saw sunlight?
>>
>>92740288
>daily threads about how Calvin's parents are shit/abusive parents
>always with the same strips
>calls everyone who disagrees with him defenders of abuse/future abusers
it's not like it's hard
>>
>>92737953
My mom would never apologize for ANYTHING
I remember getting beaten for rolling into her while I was playing on the carpet, and she said that I kicked her.

Needless to say, I don't talk to her much.
>>
>>92739060
Crybaby faggot wins the victim olympics!
>>
>>92740139
The issue you're facing is how someone can both love someone and hurt them. You feel as though your father did not love you if he did abuse you. But you need to realize he did love you. He may have had a toxic way of loving someone, he may have never learned how to love someone. But the way he treated you: that was the only way he knew how to communicate the feelings he had. That's all he was equipped with.

If he didn't love you he could have been like every other deadbeat dad who hates their little shit and ran off sending a check every few years or so. It is so much easier to run away from your responsibility rather than to sit with it and face it.

And more importantly I'm reading anxiety, I feel as though the possibility of becoming your father bothers you more than what he's done to you. That you could ever be the man he was is what drives you to not have kids, and possibly what motivates you to avoid solid relationships altogether. The failure of one of the most sacred of bonds a young boy could form being violated like that, the loss of trust and security, that is what is more bothersome and is something you'll need to face.

To be honest, you'll never be a better man than your father by simply running away from all the choices he made. Eventually, you'll make them, not because you're destined to be him, but because you're a human being and you're naturally drawn to create a family, to make children, to create a bond with another human. It is natural, and to avoid it is to admit that he had created damage so great that you can never live your own life. A life that is yours. It is healthy to recognize the stains he's made on your life, but it is wholly unhealthy to hide from them as if they control you and your destiny.
>>
>>92740489
/co/- Armchair Psychoanalysis
>>
>>92740489
k
>>
>>92740325
I think you're being paranoid.
>>
>>92740589
pattern recognition is paranoia now?

don't answer that
>>
>>92738197
>he's never seen plushie vore
Your innocence is adorable.
>>
>>92739695
physical punishment & yelling at your kids has been an everyday occurrence since humans walked upright, thinking otherwise and not doing it is better just means you'd fail as a parent
>>
>>92739695
>hurr a parent should be like an equal peer or a friend, and not a guardian or a figure of authority

no parents should be fucking parents not friends
>>
>>92740589
Nigga that's how every fucking thread plays out.
>Dad, Babysitter, Mom are really abusive
>Consedcension from childless men thinking they know right
>'Wahh my parents abused me 4real'
>Arguments for and against beating children commence mixed with pity parties and people screaming FUCK OFF FAGGOTS into the bump limit

It would be nice to have a fucking normal Calvin and Hobbes thread once in awhile.
>>
>>92735874

Stephan Pastis once did an interview where he almost sincerely described Calvin's parents as 'psychopaths'.

https://vimeo.com/44086772
>>
>>92736192
I agree with you on the first part, but honestly, choice things Calvin's said, her affection for Hobbes early on and the implication Calvin's parents were really outgoing in college leads me to believe he gets most of it from his mom. Maybe he and his dad share a spirit of adventure, but Calvin just wants to run around in the woods with a home and TV to come back to whereas his father wants to make a controlled camping environment that never quite works out for him.
>>
>>92738378
I love the panel with the alien holding the sandwich and lemonade
>>
>>92738503
I first read this set of comics back in '98 shortly after my dad died
>>
>>92736202
This strip doesn't even make sense in light of everything else that happens in the series.
>>
>>92741292
>Calvin trying to mess with Susie and Susie not having it doesn't make sense
maybe if you've never read the series before
>>
>>92739914
I think we can at least agree that all of 4chan has had fucked up/sad parts of their lives.
>>
>>92735874
You do realize based on how he looks in the last panel that the first three are all in Calvin's head, right? Potentially not even happening, right?
>>
>>92738436
Good Lord, Calvin is a cunt.
>>
>>92741671
stupid bitch had it coming.
>>
>>92741638
then why does his dad apologize for yelling in the following strip?
>>
>>92735874
>>92735940
I guess that's why his dad messes with him sometimes.
>>
>>92739060
>I'm more oppressed than you, now gimme my medal.
>>
>>92738503
:(
>>
>>92739060
Wow, anon my dad died of AIDS and the locals tortured and raped me but I'm really sorry that your Dad got drunk and hit you. It must have been really hard staying in a foster home instead of starving in the 40 degree desert with no access to shelter or clean water through your entire life. That must have really taken a toll on you anon I'm really really sorry you had such a broken home that your healthy dad once kind of hit you, that must have been really hard on your fragile first world mind. That had to suck dude. You know it doesn't even compare when later in my teenage years I was told my mom was sold as a sex slave, that doesn't even compare and you're 100% right, that was absolute child abuse because your dad provided for you, provided an education and fed/clothes/sheltered you, I mean he must have forgotten to major in Child Psychology so he would have realized that your seven-year-old mind could not take a mild occasional smack.

>>
File: ME3_Long_Service_Medal.png (60KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Long_Service_Medal.png
60KB, 256x256px
>>92741927
>>
>>92742150
Wow, anon my Dad locked me in the cellar and raped me every day for twenty years but I'm really sorry that your Dad just died. It must have been really hard living a fun exciting camping trip your entire life. That must have really taken a toll on you anon I'm really really sorry you only had mildly contaminated water and loving wildlife surrounding you, that must have been really hard on your fragile third world mind. That had to suck dude. You know it doesn't even compare when later in my teenage years I was told that my rape babies were being eaten by my father/rapist, that doesn't even compare and you're 100% right, that was absolute child abuse because your dad didn't exist, I mean he must have forgotten to live so he would have realized that your seven-year-old mind needed a father.

>>
>>92738594
>>92739060
>>92742150
>>92742390
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
>>
>>92740029
They are actually, except the past 50 years in Western Europe. Every where and every when else, it takes a 'village' to raise kids.
>>
>>92735874
seems like a fine dad since he immediately stopped his rant
>>
>>92739191

If the contest is like the one from Deadpool, they'll be fucking soon. So at least they've got that going for them,

Which is nice.
>>
File: 1390594293775.jpg (58KB, 216x347px) Image search: [Google]
1390594293775.jpg
58KB, 216x347px
>Calvin and Hobbes hurts /co/'s fee fees
>>
>>92742390
>>92742150
>>92739060
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7c7Cdfjik
>>
>>92738512
please return to tumblr.
>>
>>92743317
why was Metalocalypse so good
>>
>>92742641
I'm sorry fellow Redditor. I forgot the "/s"
>>
File: 1491537157760.jpg (42KB, 539x968px) Image search: [Google]
1491537157760.jpg
42KB, 539x968px
>>92736202
Yes
Probably one of us
unless
a dead school shooter
or his parents kill him for insurance
>>
>>92735874

I always thought this was a very mature arc for a comic strip.

The fact is raising a kid, especially a troublemaker like Calvin, is hard. And adults aren't invincible, perfect angels. Sometimes you're going to get really fed up, frustrated, and angry at your kid. Sometimes you're going to lose your temper and yell at them. The following comics clearly show Calvin's dad being apologetic and forgiving Calvin for breaking the binoculars. The whole arc really captured the essence of how you feel as a kid when you've done something bad and you're just afraid of your parents finding out, and showed a pretty realistic, mature version of what happens when they do, one that was still resolved in a pretty nice way.

Of course this is all just a troll thread so you don't care anyway.
>>
>>92736070
speak for yourself asshole
>>
>>92743758
I appreciate your post anon. Considering how bad child abuse in the real world can get. I have no idea how sheltered someone has to be to consider yelling abuse. But then again, bait thread so who cares.
>>
>>92738956
>mispells and misuses the word symbiotic
>>
>>92738185
Please continue, you make those who actually support (((child abuse))) look good
>>
File: 1462394769167.png (47KB, 632x852px) Image search: [Google]
1462394769167.png
47KB, 632x852px
>be 11
>visit friend's house to play xbox with him
>have a great time, shooting the shit and joking about stuff
>at some point his parents start arguing loudly in a drunken stupor in the kitchen
>the yelling intensifies as time goes on
>glassbreakingnoises.wav
>at this point friend just stares at TV screen silently and tries to concentrate on playing the game
>I try to break the silence with a joke
>he swallows and responds with a forced "heh" eyes fixed on the TV
>I don't have the guts to leave when his parents are still up so we keep playing until AM hours in complete silence
>tfw shit like this happened regularly every time I visited
>>
>>92739963
It's important to instill the moral values without devaluing a child's own autonomy. It's hard to ride the line of "you're special, but everyone else is and deserves the same treatment, even you" idea.
>>
>>92735874
>>92736062
I should stop reading this thread from here right?
>>
>>92747891
You shoulda stopped after that OP
>>
I was raised by a nanny and sent off to boarding school when I was 11. Now I'm graduating summa cum lade from a top 10 university in the world with a job already lined up.

lmaoing at all these idiots who think parenting is a big deal.
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.