[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a more forced and pointless romance in a capeshit film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

File: Natalie_Portman_as_Jane_Foster.jpg (61KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
Natalie_Portman_as_Jane_Foster.jpg
61KB, 250x167px
Was there ever a more forced and pointless romance in a capeshit film?
>>
>>92735081
Everything with Black Widow. They don't even know who to ship her with.
>>
>>92735081
It actually had more time to develop than other romances. The problem was people didn't want so much focus on the romances.
>>
Doctor Strange and whatsherface.

Scott Lang and Hope.

I dont know why execs still insist on crowbarring a stupid romance into these movies. The Cap movies did just fine with minimal romance. You could remove Peggy and Sharon entirely and nothing would change.
>>
>>92735243
At least Scott and Hope wasn't a real subplot in the movie. All of their bonding scenes together can be seen as characterization for hope, and romance doesn't pop up until the ending for comical effect.
>>
>>92735161
Where is Betty Ross in the mcu, anyway?
>>
>>92735388
The first Hulk is partially owned by Universal, so we don't talk about it because Marvel are greedy you know whats

Be lucky Ross made a second appearance, that's all we're ever going to get
>>
>>92735243
>Doctor Strange and whatsherface

Didn't even have a romance.
>>
>>92735425
Actually Betty Ross is set to appear in Infinity War, probably a small role though
>>
>>92735081
I like it.
>>
>>92735081
Widow/Hulk
Widow/anyone for that matter
Cap/Agent 13
Doctor Strange/Rachel McAdams
Star-Lord/Gamora

Now that I think about it, pretty much all MCU romances are shit. Only passable ones are Cap/Peggy, Iron Man/Pepper (even that went nowhere, as seen in Civil War) and I guess Scarlet Witch/Vision is pretty nice so far (unless they manage to fuck that one up too in Infinity War).
>>
>>92735924
>Actually Betty Ross is set to appear in Infinity War, probably a small role though

well that's good.

It's weird how only General Ross is the only character/actor from the Incredible Hulk to rerturn.
>>
They should really stop hiring big name actresses to play love interests, they always fuck off when they don't get enough screentime and renders the entire relationship pointless.
>>
>>92735985
well i don't. not when natalie portman could have been Domino
>>
>>92736366
How is Star-Lord/Gamora forced? They haven't even kissed.
>>
File: skeleton_pimp.jpg (17KB, 261x300px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_pimp.jpg
17KB, 261x300px
>>92736542
Yep.
>>
File: NoLizNo.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NoLizNo.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>92735081
>>
>>92736366
Star-Lord/Gamora is okay in my book.
Cap/Agent 13 is worth it just because of Bucky and Sam's reaction.
>>
>>92735081
Lois and clark in mos
>>
>>92737322
Is Cap/Agent 13 even gonna continue? The actress was not confirmed for IW.

It would make it like the 4th romance that the MCU just abandoned randomly. Wouldn't be surprised if they ignore Hulk/Widow too.
>>
>>92737524
They wont ignore the HulkWidow shit. Ill bet you the Russos will make it worse
>>
>>92735081
>Was there ever a more forced and pointless romance in a capeshit film?
It wasn't forced.

The problem is the romance is in direct opposition to what Thor stories are about. So attempts to keep it drags Thor away from the stories people WANT to see. The romance in the first film was done well but was the wrong franchise for it.

If MCU want romance then they should pick a hero who is known for stories revolving around his partner. Vision and Wanda would at least work because there are stories they can use. Even if they are not even dating currently.
>>
>>92737253
Zero chemistry. They were only together in the movie because lol fireproof and pyro.
>>
>>92737253
>>92737905
I thought they were cute
>>
Every aspect of the MCU is bad, not just the romance.
>>
>>92737524
She's not that important to the plot so she might be in it but there is no news or buzz.

That said I wouldn't blame the actress if she doesn't come back, the Fujoshits harassed her on twitter and people have been genuinely retarded about her and Haley Atwell may accidentally had fanned the flames.
>>
>>92735243
Peggy was actually great.
>>
>>92735243
>Cap with no Peggy
what's the point
>>
File: Old co Memes.jpg (72KB, 378x363px) Image search: [Google]
Old co Memes.jpg
72KB, 378x363px
>>92735081
>Was there ever a more forced and pointless romance in a capeshit film?
I liked them together. I never thought of it as love though, just two hot people that wanted to fuck.

>>92735243
>Doctor Strange and whatsherface.
That wasn't even a romance. And they had gotten together in the past to begin with.
>>
>>92735081
Deadshot / Harley
>>
>>92740960
>Deadshot / Harley
>>92740960

They did fuckall with it in the movie. In the cartoon it was nice, simple fuckbuddies.
>>
File: 1493136609254.png (388KB, 540x678px) Image search: [Google]
1493136609254.png
388KB, 540x678px
>>92740977
Originally it was supposed to be a love triangle between Joker, Harley and Deadshot but WB axed it and it didn't make it even for the extended cut. Probably that anon get triggered by a black man at less than 100 feets from a white woman.

Not that matter anyway because Joker only have one true love
>>
>>92735081
Yes, him and Niggerrie.
>>
>natalie goes to bed
>thor knocks on kat's door for that good fuggin
>>
>>92737253
My problem with this is that they made Hellboy a huge cunt for the sake of conflict with Myers.
>>
>>92735985
>>92739896
Literally either landwhales or faggots.
>>
File: mon el supergirl.jpg (253KB, 1912x1072px) Image search: [Google]
mon el supergirl.jpg
253KB, 1912x1072px
Not a film but this deserves the title
>>
>>92741624
you could just wrap it and say "Every romance in every CW show ever".
>>
>>92741624
wait so what happened to the black guy?
>>
>>92741938
He got arrested.
>>
File: 1487674449028s.jpg (3KB, 109x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487674449028s.jpg
3KB, 109x125px
>>92741950
please be true
>>
>>92742103
No, I'm just racist. I mean maybe he did, but I don't know who the black guy is.
>>
File: 1457033455819.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1457033455819.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>92742117
truth isn't racist thought.
>>
>>92741938
They tossed him to the side and in the finale had Supergirl say that Mon-El was the first person she ever loved or cared about.
I didn't even care about the Kara/Jimmy pairing, I just thought that that was rude as hell and the entire Kara/Mon-El thing was awful.
>>
>>92742147
Alright, then let's just say the odds are in my favor of being correct.
>>
>>92742147
>truth isn't racist thought.
I have never met a racist white guy who acknowledge the historical superiority of Asians. Instead the pretence is that the world didn't exist before the Colonial period.

Those who want to worship the master race should have checked human civilization and realise that Asia was greater, and for much longer. Europeans just had a flash in the pan for a while.
>>
>>92735081

Steve and Sharon in Civil War
>>
>>92742206
>I have never met a racist white guy who acknowledge the historical superiority of Asians
I've never seen it discussed. I don't see anything wrong with the statement. Being racist doesn't mean hating all nonwhites, it's usually just anti-black, which is totally justified.
>>
All romance is shitty and pointless in capeshit...

Or almost anything
>>
>>92742243
I wouldn't say that. Romance has been ingrained in capeshit ever since Action Comics #1.
Or does it just piss you off because it reminds you of your own failures?
>>
File: 1488094227553.png (227KB, 502x354px) Image search: [Google]
1488094227553.png
227KB, 502x354px
>>92742206
Why is /co/ so oversensitive? It was a joke.Also Asians are superior just for anime and manga alone
>>
>>92742233
>I've never seen it discussed. I don't see anything wrong with the statement. Being racist doesn't mean hating all nonwhites, it's usually just anti-black, which is totally justified.
It isn't discussed because the conclusion is unacceptable. All the talk was about how it is fine to treat blacks badly but never once was there any serious talk about giving Asians superior treatment.

It is always "okay, you Asians are good, so go away and leave us insulting blacks".

We notice, you know. And we know it makes you guys look stupid to the rest of us.
>>
>>92742302
>It isn't discussed because the conclusion is unacceptable
I just accepted it.
>We notice, you know.
Notice what? That I accepted it?
>>
>>92742302
No, jamal, it isn't talked about because no one gives a fuck. Asians don't bitch and cry and whine and bitch about representation or reparations.
>>
>>92742329
>I just accepted it.
You don't get it.

It isn't about ACCEPTING Asian superiority.

It is that despite knowing ourt superiority, you refuse to treat us like a master race. You still expect us to be treated the same way you are. You still think you deserve equal treatment to us.

>>92742346
>No, jamal, it isn't talked about because no one gives a fuck. Asians don't bitch and cry and whine and bitch about representation or reparations.
Your mistake is thinking that our lack of desire to talk to you meant we did nothing about it. You either treat us as your superior, and ACT like it, or stop treating black people badly. You don't deserve to consider yourselves equal to Asians, and yet you still do. Why?

Because your arguments about race is something you don't actually believe.
>>
>>92742302
>the conclusion is unacceptable
to you maybe

I think you dont know many racists or even smart people to discuss stuff in your life

nothing wrong to acknowledge good things in other culture/races

the point in racism is not wanting to mix

>And we know it makes you guys look stupid to the rest of us.
makes you look stupid if you think it that way
makes you look infantile if you think life is a competition of races
and the funniest part is, makes you a racist if you think we see things that way and then use the same standards to look at us
:^)
>>
>>92742420
>It isn't about ACCEPTING Asian superiority.
>>92742302
>It isn't discussed because the conclusion is unacceptable
I've got nothing against blatant shitposting, but this is extremely weak effort. You have to practice to get better, I appreciate that, but you're doing everything wrong.
>>
>>92742446
>makes you look stupid if you think it that way
>makes you look infantile if you think life is a competition of races
I am not the one who want to treat black people as inferior and yet want to treat Asians as equals.

You either go all the way or not do it at all. We are all either treated equally or we are not.
>>
>>92742420
>you refuse to treat us like a master race

lel, and you just lost your shit

that was too fast bro, try to keep the bait longer next time
>>
>>92742459
He's being way too obvious about it. Especially since chinks really just don't give a shit, so him pretending to be a chink that cares just comes off as weak bait.
>>
>>92742459
>I've got nothing against blatant shitposting, but this is extremely weak effort. You have to practice to get better, I appreciate that, but you're doing everything wrong.
If it is logical to treat one race badly because you think they are factually inferior, then the same logic go the other way. If you refuse to do that then you just want to be on top without earning it. You want to be treated as the Master Race while ignoring the fact that you aren't one.
>>
File: 1476647106024.jpg (23KB, 255x222px) Image search: [Google]
1476647106024.jpg
23KB, 255x222px
>>92742302
>>92742329
>>92742346
>>92742420
>>92742446
>>92742459
>>92742476
>>92742489
>>92742494
>mfw /combrl/ is real.

I'll remind to myself to become mad the next time that someone say something rascist about Italian
>>
>>92742505
>because you think they are factually inferior
This is one of the problems you keep making, you're replying to words I didn't say, and in fact are replying to things completely counter to what I said. Your shitposting is too rigid, you're set in what you want to say and there's no movement. You need to be able to adapt.
>>
>>92742489
>lel, and you just lost your shit
No really, it is merely the clear conclusion.

I have no desire to treat other people as inferior. However it is logical that if I was to do so, it works in more than one direction. I guess I am just annoyed at racists being inconsistent as fuck. Just pick one position and stick to it. We are either all equal or we are not.
>>
>>92742476
you are dumb, there goes all your superiority talk

we dont want to treat blacks good or bad, the point is racism is that we dont want to deal with them at ALL
same thing applies to you
if you want to come to our country and accept our standards, you'll be treated equally, if you want to bitch about superiority, you are free to go live in your country and fuck off there
no one wants your ass here either, no matter what color it is

now its funny that you say
>You either go all the way or not do it at all. We are all either treated equally or we are not.
when you are crying in the previous post that people dont treat you like master race...kek
>>
>it's a "/pol/ comes to /co/ again" episode

Why isn't this a bannable offense? Janitors probably in on it I imagine.
>>
>>92742559
>This is one of the problems you keep making, you're replying to words I didn't say, and in fact are replying to things completely counter to what I said. Your shitposting is too rigid, you're set in what you want to say and there's no movement. You need to be able to adapt.
You are no longer reading my words and are now assuming somehow that I don't believe what I am typing.

I guess this is your way of deflection, to change the subject. I expect as much. As I say, it is normal for white racists to tell Asians to go away.
>>
>>92742608
>You are no longer reading my words
Now you're just paraphrasing me. I know it's summer, but give up.
>>
>>92742598
Yeah, it's never perfect /co/, we have our heads too far up our own asses to ever stoop to this level, right?
>>
>boo hoo I want be masta lace
>>
>>92735081
>forced romance.

I love how anyone who dislikes romance and love calls every romantic relationship "forced"
>>
File: ....png (840KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
....png
840KB, 1280x738px
>>92742346
>>
>>92742623
>Now you're just paraphrasing me. I know it's summer, but give up.
It is rather sad that an entire group of people are so underachieved that they had to resort to being "White" to feel superior.

Asia had racial pride, of course, but it had always been the case that Asians that embarrass the community gets shammed. But Whites managed to be proud of being embarrassments.
But I will leave the matter here and exit like the "good" Asian that I am, because in the end a lost cause is a lost cause.
>>
>>92742768
why are you still talking ?
you already proved you are a moron several posts ago, the conversation died, your queue to leave without looking dumb has been long gone, you missed it
>>
>>92742909
Stop replying to it, you fucking moron. Why is this board to easy to troll?
>>
>>92742938
because its fun
>>
>>92742938
le "I just wanted to see what he would say next, I knew he was trolling alll along"
>>
>>92742978
>>92742961
Fucking called it.
>>
>>92743003
Calling it now, you called it after it happened. Fucking called it.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.