[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 545
Thread images: 145

File: plo-koon-ahsoka.jpg (46KB, 896x504px) Image search: [Google]
plo-koon-ahsoka.jpg
46KB, 896x504px
Bad Touch Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Dark Greetings #6 (May 27th)
Grey Jedi Adventures #68 (May 28th)
Gay Jedi Adventures #69 (May 29th)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzpBS9cC83U

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfeWNZqVYsE

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-cnM6aosLI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: tumblr_o3q8hkFCB61qhjl6ko1_500.png (172KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3q8hkFCB61qhjl6ko1_500.png
172KB, 500x401px
>>
>>92731554
Gay Jedi Adventures, you say?
>>
File: IMG_5527.jpg (31KB, 346x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5527.jpg
31KB, 346x250px
>Kanan will die before impregnating Hera
>>
>>92731589
Post Anakin/Obi-Wan
>>
fix

the

links

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Star Wars Insider #173 (May 23)
IncrediBuilds: Rogue One: Death Star Book and Model (May 23)
IncrediBuilds: Rogue One: AT-ACT Book and Model (May 23)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi teaser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>92731310
>Complaining about Force trees when pic related have existed for quite some time now

Also, what exactly is the problem with the Force perhaps having been first born from trees? It's literally no different from trees producing the oxygen we all need to live, no less breathe. The Force isn't magic, it like all life was born from something. Trees are life, and the Force is born from life.

Not to mention it would actually very much be in line with Star Wars actually being mythology.
>>
>>92731696
>The Force isn't magic
>>
File: ohyeah.jpg (496KB, 1134x1512px) Image search: [Google]
ohyeah.jpg
496KB, 1134x1512px
Met Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole today at a con, got them to sign some stuff. Both were real nice dudes. Asked Stackpole if there were any plans yet for him to write some new canon stuff, he said not yet but didn't seem bitter or anything. Zahn seemed like a total badass, wore a regular watch on one wrist and a calculator watch on the other and just generally didn't give a fuck. Going to try and get some stuff signed by Claudia Gray tomorrow, and there's a panel with her, Zahn, and Alan Dean Foster. Anything /swco/ wants me to ask anyone?
Also pic related is the Thrawn poster Zahn signed for me. I still haven't read Thrawn
/blog, I just thought it was kind of cool
>>
File: sidious-sacrifice.jpg (23KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sidious-sacrifice.jpg
23KB, 1280x720px
>>92731663
>fix
>the
>links
no
>>
>>92731696
I don't think the issue so much is Force trees, but that the rumor that first cited on in 8 also came with the idea that the light side and dark side were originally a sister and brother, who Rey and Snoke are the reincarnations of.
>>
>>92731696
Can someone explain what the issue with Force Trees are? Cuz wasn't there a Force Cave on Dagobah? Like if the tree is just strong in the Force like the cave on Dagobah, why is that an issue?

Maybe it's just like the burning bush in the bible? I don't think it's going to have too much relevance to the plot. Trees being symbolic for life/spirituality is a thing in like pretty much every religion/mythology, so it makes sense why that idea would appear in SW
>>
File: C-2Tk7RXsAI5Ziy.jpg (22KB, 576x458px) Image search: [Google]
C-2Tk7RXsAI5Ziy.jpg
22KB, 576x458px
>>92731922
good shit
>>
>>92731696
Honestly, because it makes the Force come off as less cosmic than it otherwise should. While old myths do work with concepts like World Trees and stuff like the Garden of Eden, trees themselves are not the original life forms. This is more personal, but I've always preferred the Living Force as stemming from the origin of all life itself.
>>
>>92732014
Well that, which is more subjective, and the whole thing about Force Siblings.
>>
>>92731963
Yeah that's the part I'm wary of. I don't care if there's an actual Force tree, I just don't want that weird "this is how the light and dark" began being in there. It felt like whoever came up with that rumor skimmed a Wook summary of the Mortis arc.
>>
>>92732046
hasnt force sibling been canon for a while though
>>
>>92731963
that rumor is such bullshit purely based on the fact that every other leak we've had from TLJ has been visual things, ie shit people have seen on set or being filmed and leaked to MSW. How would "Rey is the incarnation of the light side of the Force and her brother was the incarnation of the dark side" leak? Like unless Daisy, Mark, Rian, or any other high up person in production leaked it, how would that get out? It's not something that an extra or production assistant would see being filmed, since it's background information. Everything else has been planets, scene descriptions, or types of ships, but they've all been vague descriptions. Yet somehow the Rey/Force Tree rumor is treated like absolute truth around here, even though as a leak it just makes no sense logically. And why would that be the only thing we know about the new backstory revealed in the film? Nothing about Luke, Leia, Finn, Benicio del Toro, etc. Nothing about the third act, or really the story at all aside from what we can infer from the trailer and the few leaks we've gotten so far.

Use your noggins, /swco/
>>
File: 1488717127816.jpg (144KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488717127816.jpg
144KB, 900x900px
>>92731963
I don't necessarily have a problem with that, either. It sounds rough at the moment, but it evokes both Adam and Eve as well as Cain and Abel as catalysts for the world of man. But more importantly, it rings true with the Force's representing the idea of the taijitu or yin yang: yin is feminine and passive while yang is masculine and aggressive.
>>
>>92732098
b-b-but MARY SUE!!!!!!

and feminists hate men?? aka this movie RUINED STAR WARS
>>
>>92731922
Were you at PCC? I cancelled my ticket because of what happened, and then that crazy shit went down and they banned all prop weapons. How was it?
>>
>>92732124
rotj ruined star wars
>>
File: taijitu.png (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
taijitu.png
18KB, 300x300px
>>92732098
Sorry, my mistake - yang is feminine and passive, while yin is masculine and aggressive. Their being relatively gender neutral doesn't help and I tend to go on how they sound.
>>
>>92732136
Wait, what happened? Let me look this-
>Gunman Arrested at Phoenix Comicon Claimed He’s The Punisher and Wanted to Kill Jason David Frank
Er, okay then
>>
>>92732185
...or are they

Wait no I had it right the first time. Christ
>>
>>92732136
It was a lot of fun today, I'm going tomorrow too. Some neat SW panels, and there's a LoZ one that I want to check out as well. I heard there were some delays getting in this morning for people who still needed to register and get their badges. I drove here from El Paso, so I didn't hear about any of the shit that went down until I was already inside. Besides some additional security getting in (still only took me about 5 minutes) it seemed about the same as last year
>>
>>92732230
Yeah I live here and have been going to this con for six years. It's been going downhill real fast, and I'm kind of tired of it. I'm glad I didn't go this year, because all the characters I have cosplays for need foam weapons. And the panels were kind of garbage. Let me know how the star wars one is, though. Last year they were fucking trash, including me getting hit on by an entire panel room because I was the only Phasma (and I have a vag)
>>
>>92732098
Difference though is that it only serves to harken back to the Grey Jedi meme where for some inexplicable reason, it's a good thing to use the Dark Side rather than it being an unnatural and scary thing as we saw with the Sith, Nightsisters, and even the Bendu.

When the Dark Side is shown time and again as something to be avoided due to being undoubtedly a bad thing (although not necessarily suppressed due to the possibility of leaving people unpracticed in the art of handling their darker emotions in a healthy way), it completely changes the meaning of the story to imply that "Hey, the Dark Side is A-OK" and a valid alternative to seeking balance and trying to be the best person you possibly can.
>>
>>92732280
Yeah I guess if you cosplay it might be kind of a drag. I don't so I don't really notice. I'll recap or something tomorrow. Is the consensus in PHX that PCC is trash? This is only my second year but I've found it pretty enjoyable, I like the focus on writers/artists instead of actors
>>
>>92732284
Also, both yin and yang and necessary halves of a whole, with neither being good or evil (due to human morality not fitting into the Taoist interpretation of nature being compose of binaries). The Dark Side, in contrast, is always shown as a bad thing to work with.

It's why stories that try to equate Good and Evil with Yin and Yang don't work so well. Remove one of the latter and the universe is imbalanced. Remove Evil and suddenly the world is a much nicer place to live in because no one's an asshole and everyone's willing to be selfless on behalf of others.
>>
For the guy who wanted pics of Ahsoka ;)
>>
Why does the force love mary sues?

It seems everyone who is strong with the force is a mary sue... everyone who is a mary sue, concurrently, is strong with the force.

Ex: Vader. Strong with the force, Born of a virgin mother, the strongest force weilder ever.

Ex: Rey. Strong with the force. masters the force instantly after learning about it and out duels veteran jedi killer.

Need I go on?
>>
File: 12534_1277222293_large.jpg (226KB, 1600x926px) Image search: [Google]
12534_1277222293_large.jpg
226KB, 1600x926px
>>92732284
>Difference though is that it only serves to harken back to the Grey Jedi meme where for some inexplicable reason, it's a good thing to use the Dark Side rather than it being an unnatural and scary thing

Not really? The Dark Side isn't unnatural. Certainly it can be scary and ideally should not be consciously practiced or used to darker ends, but it certainly isn't unnatural. Everyone has gone on record to say that despite its corruptive influence and association with the Sith, that the Dark Side is completely natural within the Force. The Jedi considered it and its abilities to be unnatural and worthy of contempt and denial but then that ignorance is what got them wiped out. This was literally the lesson Yoda had to learn from confronting his own Dark Side. You can train against it in the interest of controlling it but never, ever deny it because that is when it has you. Reject its influence, but not its presence.

This is a common theme in much of religion, mythology, philosophy and even analytical psychology. We all have a Dark Side, Shadow or hintergedanken. Denying it only gives it power that will one day be unleashed. Recognizing it, however, and reconciling with it is the only way you'll be able to experience balance in yourself as an individual and reconnect with your True Self. Know that you -can- do evil despite being raised to believe otherwise. None of the "my kid isn't capable of this kind of horror" you hear a lot from parents. Everyone is capable. The real power is in acknowledging and accepting this while still refraining from outright proving it.

This has nothing to do with the Gray Jedi ridiculousness of wielding both Dark and Light without consequence - that's literally against the laws of nature. Star Wars will still be black and white, don't get the idea of "balance" wrong - too many people do - but perceptions on that makeup will change.
>>
>>92732649
Because escapist characters are what the audience digs...as long as they can identify with them
>>
force siblings has zero credibility
>>
>>92732649
that's not what a Mary Sue is though. Mary Sue's are just author inserts in a story.

So with that definition, Rey, Jyn, and Emilia Clarke are Mary Sue's because they have similar features to Kathy Kennedy (white, thin, brown hair) but more attractive and strong. But no one makes that argument. They just say Rey is a Mary Sue because she beat Kylo in a lightsaber duel, but it's just a buzzword for female characters that people don't like or think are too strong. There are legitimate arguments about Rey beating Kylo not making sense, but there are equally legitimate counter arguments as to why it makes sense that she won (I'd agree with that side but I don't feel like getting into that debate again).

I blame Max Landis desu
>>
File: 4610796-0849145928-4-Ana.jpg (484KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
4610796-0849145928-4-Ana.jpg
484KB, 900x1200px
>>92732649
Because you're thinking in the wrong literary sense. Mythology and religion always have their own "mary sues". Greek Heroes and/or Demigods to be precise. The only difference between them and the contemporary definition of such in fiction is that mythological "mary sues" tend to exist to fulfill not the author's whims, but a particular theme central to the story. More often than not, said character must suffer and absorb the lesson from that suffering to realize the fulfillment of the theme before passing on. So they're not mary sues by our definition. The only real fault with Rey is JJ and Kasdan's execution. Lucas' execution of Anakin/Vader by comparison is pretty much exactly how a mythic hero should classically be portrayed.
>>
>Playing Minecraft on Xbox One
>Tarkin Skin
>locked behind 2.99 paywall

fuck this gay shit I'll play the free Ahsoka skin
>>
>>92732844
I mean, it's not only that she beat Kylo.
>>
>>92732701
well no shit sherlock. everyone with a functioning brain figured that out when it was posted
>>
>>92732850
wasn't Anakin a villain though? Wouldn't Luke be a better example? Especially because he follows the hero's journey to a T.

Anakin's portrayal in the prequels was so weirdly executed (innocent little kid in Episode I, new actor after a timeskip and he's super emotional and even murders women and children in a rage in Episode II, and then in Episode III he starts as a hero and ends as a villain.

I get what Lucas wanted to do with Anakin and his arc, but I don't think it was executed the way he intended Anakin's fall to be. I'm not putting the blame with Lucas, though, because by the nature of making the prequels a trilogy there's no good way to have the hero become the villain unless you're a ridiculously talented screenwriter, and Lucas has even admitted he doesn't consider himself a great screenwriter. I can't think of a single screenwriter who would have been able to write Anakin as the protagonist as the prequels and having him go from a hero into the villain flawlessly. The three-act structure and hero's journey that Lucas loves just doesn't work like that. If it was 1 film, I think it could have been done. Especially if Obi-Wan was the protagonist. But 3 films with the first 1 introducing Anakin half-way through at such a young age that he's just kinda like a side-character in the film, and then having Episode II start to show Anakin turn to the dark side but then starting Episode III with him being heroic, it's just awkward.

Rey being a "rip-off" of Luke is because Luke was written to follow Campbell's Monomyth with his arc over the 3 films. Unless Rian is planning on flipping everything on its head and turning Rey to the dark side and Kylo to the light, which is unlikely, Rey's arc in ESB will be similar to Luke's. Not because it's a rip-off of ESB (although having AT-ATs vs speeders on a salt planet instead of a snow planet is a bit on the nose) but because her arc is following the Hero's Journey.
>>
>>92733263
Luke's Heroe's Journey was drawn from Joseph Campbell. Anakin's was drawn from David Adams Leeming.

>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero%27s_journey

Under the Summary tab. There are variations on the monomyth that go beyond Campbell.
>>
>>92733263
>after a timeskip and he's super emotional and even murders women and children in a rage in Episode II, and then in
Did you miss out on watching TPM?
>>
File: file.png (361KB, 1024x561px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
361KB, 1024x561px
>>
File: PQQ0Xhel.jpg (41KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
PQQ0Xhel.jpg
41KB, 640x360px
>unique resistance ships
>Golden Snoke confirmation
>evil BB8s
>Captain Poe

was this the leak that saved TLJ
>>
>>92733538
Not one spoiler tag.

Fuck you man
>>
File: 1495836244841.png (187KB, 269x409px) Image search: [Google]
1495836244841.png
187KB, 269x409px
>>92733538
I love GOOOOOOOLD
>>
>>92733558
Will literally be shown in trailers, fuck off
>>
>>92733567
>human colored

CONFIRMED LUKE CLONE
>>
File: 1484333243312.jpg (99KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
1484333243312.jpg
99KB, 1024x436px
>>92733535
Be still my kokoro
>>
File: 2xsiIgf.jpg (38KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
2xsiIgf.jpg
38KB, 720x406px
>>92733538
yes
>>
>>92733535
> no customization
>>
>>92733567
man I'm really happy with how Snoke seems to be based on the leaks and his gold outfit confirmed by the Lego set but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing. Because he's obviously a new character, especially because the Art of TFA talks about how he was originally a woman and other ideas JJ explored for Snoke's character design.

I'm not looking forward to the "Snoke should have been Palpatine!" or "why wasn't Snoke actually Watto?" bitching for months after TLJ comes out.
>>
>>92733568
You dont know that
I wasnt even in this fucking thread, was scrolling the front page

Youre an asshole
>>
>>92733627
there will still be plenty of that because Rian said TLJ doesn't delve into his origin that much
>>
>>92733642
golden snoke will be on the shelf of every toy store on September 1st. it's not a spoiler. suck my cock
>>
>>92733627
>but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing.
m8 where the fuck have you been, an uncharted island? They've been doing exactly that for literal ages. The only reason Snoke theories still exist are because of ironic memers and people who refuse to listen to reason/the truth
>>
File: interest.jpg (32KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
interest.jpg
32KB, 500x500px
>yfw snoke is T3-M4
>>
>>92733627
>but I wish they outright just said he was an original character instead of letting Snoke theories be a thing.

People would spin that as being a half truth to cover up the truth of his being a pre existing character. It'd have been Khan all over again and nothing would have been gained or lost.
>>
>>92733627
>>92733659
people only want Snoke to be an old character because Lucasfilm suck cock at creating new villains
>>
>>92732185
>>92732098
The Force isn't based on the Tao, though. If it were, the Dark Side not only wouldn't be evil, it would be NECESSARY. Why do people always fuck this up? If the Force were fully based on the Tao, then the cycle of Dark and Light, Sith and Jedi, would be totally natural, and would be expected. The moment something becomes fully Yin, it immediately becomes fully Yang, and vice-versa.
>>
>>92733656
I dont go into fucking toy stores or browse fucking lego sets for spoilers. You did a shitty thing.
>>
File: 1459877192354.png (509KB, 476x528px) Image search: [Google]
1459877192354.png
509KB, 476x528px
>>92733656
>going to toy stores
>>
>>92731696
The whole reason the Force Tree idea is shitty is exactly the same reason Midichlorians are shitty. The idea, in and of itself, is not a bad idea. But it is a deeply unnecessary idea.

Why do we need to know the origin of the Force? Why do we need to know anything about the mechanics of the way the Force interacts with living things? What purpose would that serve, for the sorts of stories that Star Wars has consistently told? Star Wars is fairy tales and legends set in space. In fairy tales and legends, you don't try to prod around to find out where the fairy godmother comes from, or why the mirror lets you see the future. You just accept that this is how things works.

This is why midichlorians were a terrible idea. We never needed to even ask the question they're the answer to. Who cares how, precisely, living things interact with the Force? It's enough that they do, and that everything works. I hate to quote Plinkett, but he asks a relevant question: "Is this a story that needed to be told?" Does Star Wars NEED to explore the origins and foundations of the Force? I posit that it does not. Otherwise you begin to open the door to a subversive deconstruction of Star Wars, like what we get in KOTOR 2. The Force Trees lead us ever so slightly closer to Keia.
>>
>>92733643
that's fine. The OT doesn't delve into anything about the Emperor's backstory and he's still a great character. As much as I love Palpatine in the prequels I do kinda wish all we knew about the Emperor was what we saw in Return of the Jedi. What we were about him told visually was enough to explain who he was and our imaginations filled in the rest. It's like how little we see of the shark in Jaws makes it more scary.

Watching Return of the Jedi and knowing the Emperor's real name is Sheev makes him a lot less threatening. I'll never understand why Star Wars fanboys need to know EVERYTHING. I was looking at Pablo's twitter earlier and was baffled at the questions people ask him. Like does Captain Phasma's age really matter that much? And why would anyone give a fuck? or when Ackbar became an Admiral?

But he answers those types of questions so I guess that might encourage it.
>>
>>92733761
What's wrong with Kreia?
>>
>>92733770
>Like does Captain Phasma's age really matter that much?
To be fair, it could give some insight on what somebody might know of the galaxy.
>>
>>92733659
Rian posted a picture of him holding a post it that had "your Snoke theory sucks" printed on it sometime last year. I could see it as him making fun of people having theories about who he is, but people definitely interpreted it as evidence that there is a "correct" theory about Snoke's identity, so it fueled the fire.

The fanbase is so autistic regardless that I think even if they did put an end to the Snoke theories they'd find something else to latch onto. Like Lor San Tekka, who I still don't know why people continue to talk about as if he has any relevance to the plot of TLJ and IX even though his character served his entire purpose (give the map to Luke Skywalker to Poe who in turn gives it to BB-8) and gets killed less than 5 minutes into The Force Awakens, never mentioned again afterwards. But somehow that means he's Boba Fett or something
>>
>>92733780
I like KOTOR 2 a lot, but where do you go AFTER it? It's kind of a scorched-earth approach to Star Wars. You've revealed that both major sides of the eternal galactic conflict are morally bankrupt, and that in all honesty everyone deserves to die and/or writhe in the naked agony of a godless universe. How do you move on from there?
>>
>>92733627
>I wish they outright just said he was an original character
They have. People just ignore what Pablo and others say because they want to hold onto their theories. People just insist that denials are just misdirection and that any day now we'll see TRUE and HONEST proof that Snoke is Plagueis/Mace/Evazan/Jar Jar etc
>>
>>92733820
>Like Lor San Tekka, who I still don't know why people continue to talk about as if he has any relevance to the plot of TLJ and IX even though his character served his entire purpose (give the map to Luke Skywalker to Poe who in turn gives it to BB-8) and gets killed less than 5 minutes into The Force Awakens, never mentioned again afterwards. But somehow that means he's Boba Fett or something
Honestly I think people just want a reason to believe they didn't just waste Max von Sydow on a bit part.
>>
>>92733791
but her character is at most a henchman in a mask, whether she's 19 or 45 is irrelevant because there's absolutely nothing to her character. They may as well be asking how old Lobot is. Why does it matter? And why does anyone even care? It's not like they're asking why Jango Fett hired a bounty hunter to kill Padme, even though he was himself a bounty hunter, and then he kills that bounty hunter while she's with the two Jedi who just left Padme alone, when he could have used that as an opportunity to kill Padme.

But no, we need to know if paper is canon in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>92733841
Man I would actually pay to see the movie multiple times if Snoke was Jar Jar.

Can you imagine? You could build up to the idea that Snoke needs to "heal," and that Snoke is "slowly healing." Then, at the climactic moment, Snoke appears, hooded and hidden, his voice sounding noticeably different.

Then with Luke and Rey and Kylo looking on, Jar Jar throws back the hood and says, "Supwise! Meesa Snoke!" Then cut to the credits, with the Cantina Music playing over them. It would be some Andy Kaufman shit.
>>
File: 1495837119593.jpg (74KB, 807x802px) Image search: [Google]
1495837119593.jpg
74KB, 807x802px
>>92733884
>we need to know if paper is canon

holy fuck it's real
https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/823244160261967872

my sides
>>
File: 1495155443032.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495155443032.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>92733903
>in a world where the TLJ trailer has a paper book someone still decided it'd be smart to ask Pablo if paper is canon
im out
>>
>>92733884
>It's not like they're asking why Jango Fett hired a bounty hunter to kill Padme, even though he was himself a bounty hunter
Do you not know what a stringer is?
>>
>>92733903
fucking hell Pablo's twitter is reaching Wookieepedia levels of autism, I'd feel bad for him but he kinda brings it on himself by answering the stupid questions instead of just ignoring him. I asked him about how passage of time works in Star Wars (ie: is there a centralized "year" since planets have different days in a year) and he ignored it but then answered someone asking what Cassian's military rank was. Oh well.
>>
>>92733956

That's why he likes to talk about Transformers instead.
>>
>>92733928
apparently saying fan theories aren't canon is also sexist too? And saying whether or not there will be a romance element to TLJ's story like Han and Leia's in ESB is discrimination towards gays? or something? Rian's twitter is usually 10/10 but god damn whenever there's an announcement or something is released about TLJ he has to put up with so much shit. He does it with class though, which I respect.
>>
>>92733986
>her bio says she's a teacher and a mom

wtf she comes off as like a teenage girl on tumblr, how the fuck is she a teacher?
>>
>>92733986
>insane shippers have migrated from Fanfiction.net to Twitter

God help us.
>>
>>92731922
>I still haven't read Thrawn
Read it, it's really comfy.

>Zahn seemed like a total badass, wore a regular watch on one wrist and a calculator watch on the other and just generally didn't give a fuck.
Every time I hear more about Zahn, I like him more.

I am particularly happy at how well he has embraced Canon, helping flesh it out exponentially. I was a little afraid that he would be bitter towards Canon because he was basically the grandfather of Legends and all the work he created, and all the work he inspired, was set aside. But he seems more than happy with what they're doing, and has helped Canon in a huge way.

>Anything /swco/ wants me to ask anyone?
Bring a picture of Rig Nema and ask them what she is.
>>
PELLAEON IS THE BEST CHARACTER
>>
File: Death Trooper.jpg (3MB, 4000x2417px) Image search: [Google]
Death Trooper.jpg
3MB, 4000x2417px
>>
File: 1494157268152.png (805KB, 1152x654px) Image search: [Google]
1494157268152.png
805KB, 1152x654px
>>92731328
>Bad Touch Edition

Perfect.
>>
>>
>>92734261

>As such, the name of the death trooper stems from a rumored project from the Advanced Weapons Research division, designed to animate necrotic flesh.

spookyscaryskeletons.gif
>>
File: Death_Troopers_mash.png (296KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Troopers_mash.png
296KB, 640x384px
>>92734559
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Blackwing

I keep forgetting this is canon still.
>>
For some reason I can't get the book MEGA to load up.

This is annoying.
>>
>>92733538
>evil BB8s
muh dick
>tfw he isn't called BB-H8
>>
>>92735060
Somebody get Pablo on the phone, we have to make this canon
>>
>>92734647
Not only is it canon, but it's the backstory to a spotlight special Stormtrooper in the first non-saga Star Wars movie.

Just shows the lengths the LSG is going to have a seamless, properly fleshed out multi-media continuity.
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss02.jpg (282KB, 1440x986px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss02.jpg
282KB, 1440x986px
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss04.jpg (230KB, 1440x1022px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss04.jpg
230KB, 1440x1022px
>>92735211

delicious brown
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss08.jpg (306KB, 1440x986px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss08.jpg
306KB, 1440x986px
>>92735228
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss09.jpg (261KB, 1068x1440px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss09.jpg
261KB, 1068x1440px
>>92735247
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss10.jpg (316KB, 1068x1440px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss10.jpg
316KB, 1068x1440px
>>92735264
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss11.jpg (184KB, 1068x1440px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss11.jpg
184KB, 1068x1440px
>>92735280
>>
File: Pepe02.jpg (195KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe02.jpg
195KB, 500x484px
>>92735264
>>92735280
>>
File: 1493290030848.png (202KB, 326x526px) Image search: [Google]
1493290030848.png
202KB, 326x526px
>>92735264
>ywn have a threesome with Billie and Carrie
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss12.jpg (240KB, 1068x1440px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss12.jpg
240KB, 1068x1440px
>>92735296
>>
File: star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss14.jpg (210KB, 1440x986px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss14.jpg
210KB, 1440x986px
>>92735367
>>
>>92735378
Can somebody tell me why the fuck Phasma is back? She straight up betrayed the entire First Order and is the main reason they lost Starkiller base, all because they had a gun to her head.

The real Empire would have straight up executed you for having the fucking gall to put yourself above their superweapons.
>>
>>92735471

I can't recall, but did they specifically know it was Phasma who betrayed them? Because it seems like they knew the shields were lowered, but somehow didn't connect the dots it was by Phasma.

It's the kind of sloppy writing that will probably never be acknowledged.
>>
>>92735471
They didn't even notice the shields, so I doubt they'd even realize she did it.
>>
>>92734095
It's next on my list, after I finish Tarkin.

I was worried too, when I asked Stackpole about doing anything in the future. He definitely seemed willing, but seemed gracious for the chance he had. He mentioned that a lot of the new writers are about the same age he was when he started on Star Wars, and how it was sort of their time now
>>
>>92735471
Honest to God it's toys.

And I say that as someone who understands that toys are actually almost never a factor in designing Star Wars characters.

Phasma is an exception because things were very clearly damaged controlled for that character.

>Was originally a non-character, effectively just a shiny leader for Finn's soldiers
>Then JJ and Kathleen decide she should be female
>Then they hire a big GOT actress
>But shit, there's no space in the movie for this character!
>They were just supposed to be a dick to Finn, and then get trashed
>But all the other characters look so bland, Phasma is the only one we can double-down on in the marketing?!
>Okay, we'll announce that Gwendoline is reprising Phasma in Episode 8, and we'll write her a bigger part then
>Pablo! Paaaaabloooooo! We need a comic explaining how she escapes this exploding planet pls

All of that by the way, happened before TFA came out. They announced Phasma doesn't die in TFA, BEFORE THE MOVIE EVEN CAME OUT, because they knew beforehand that people would be upset with her lack of screentime, and death in the movie.

Basically;

TL;DR - She is a very expensive retcon and was never supposed to be important until they realized they were missing a big opportunity, both to use a cool design and actress, and to make money from the only really merchandisable character design they have in the ST
>>
>>92733538
What else was in the leak about the plot?
>>
>>92736334
All I remember is
>Luke shits on the KoR using just the force
>KR btfos Rey
>Snoke's guards are TMNT
>>
>>92735471
Some anon made a pretty convincing theory 2 years ago that she was disappointed about the way shit was going on Starkiller. It was so long ago I cant even remember it. The theory was sound because background info released confirmed she had a bit of a chip on her shoulder
>>
Man I hate the direction the new movies took. Ima still watch it but I really don't want rebels vs empire 2.0
>>
>>92736737
thanks for the hot take
>>
>>92736073
>the only really merchandisable character design they have in the ST
But she's just the nu-trooper design chromed up and with a cape. Phasma's design is tacky as hell.
>>
>>92731922
Can you ask Claudia Gray what she thinks of the manga adaption of Lost Stars and if she's had time to read it?
>>
>>92733834

That's a view espoused specifically by Kreia, demonstrated by the self-destructive sith Triumvirate and the disconnected Jedi remnants. Over the course of a game, a light-sided exile can reaffirm the validity of the Jedi way through his actions, saving the republic, the jedi, and the galaxy by going against KReia's lessons.
>>
>>92736759
You're being really rude, anon
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-27-11-38-45.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-27-11-38-45.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>Snoke talking to someones hologram Vader style

ummmmmm
>>
>>92733535
>Loadout says DC-17
>Not holding a DC-17
Confirmed fake.
>>
>>92736900
This is /swco/ if you need to suck mouse dick 24/7.
>>
>>92736907
>when I'm talking into a hologram it has to be smaller than me
>but when people see my hologram it be better be 600 feet tall
What is Snoke compensating for?
>>
>>92736900
>>92736924
LOL
>>
>those lego leaks that confirmed the other leaks

Well, it looks like i'm off the Star Wars train.
>>
>>92737043
What other leaks?
>>
>>92737043
the leaks only confirmed good leaks and none of them were big plot related ones
>>
>yfw THEY'RE NOT UMBRARANS! THEY'RE CLONES!
>>
Snoke and Rey are both clones of Luke put in different environments for testing
>>
>>92737229
Snoke was around before the fall of the Republic, making him alive before Luke was.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC9AZPVIZhU&feature=player_embedded
>tfw still no LAAT sim
>>
>>92732124
JJ pls go.
>>
File: bemused jack.png (156KB, 305x321px) Image search: [Google]
bemused jack.png
156KB, 305x321px
>>92736073
> toys are actually almost never a factor in designing Star Wars characters.

90% of Star Wars characters are designed for toys, mate. It's been like that since Empire.

You musn't remember how EVERYTHING got a toy.
There was even Star Wars: Da Flamethrower
Kids loved that one
>>
>>92736907
Why is that blurred but nothing else?
>>
>>92737440
no idea, but apparently it's just Kylo
>>
>>92735171
This is what will kill Star Wars
>>
Alright /swco/, I need some help. I'm at the part of KOTOR 2 where you can't go back to the Ebon Hawk and need to save the exile on Nar Shadaa. I have no medpacs, and have no idea which characters work for this, what the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
>>92737607
If its not Disney/Canon we don't care.

Go jerk off to Mara Jade wookiepedia autist.
>>
>>92737607
I forget
All I remember is taking Atton and having some trouble with the assholes in the Pazaak den
>>
File: Gray Jedi.png (106KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
Gray Jedi.png
106KB, 257x368px
>>92731328
>>
File: BB-8.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
BB-8.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>92737659
Stop falseflagging.
>>
>>92737659
>assmad eu autist falseflagging

Get a life you dumb cunt.
>>
>>92737384
Watch some actual BTS videos about character and creature design and educate yourself please.
>>
File: mara jade.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mara jade.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>92737659
>>
>>92737700
I'm not, i hate these god damned wookiepedia autists.

>i-i didn't like TFA because it didn't have Darth Krayt in it waaah

Fuck off faggots.
>>
>>92737714
context of webm?
>>
>>92737700
How is it false flagging when this is how you guys actually act?

>>92737704
>>
>>92737722

You seem upset. Perhaps you should stop taking this space fantasy for kids so seriously.
>>
File: 76685859768.jpg (291KB, 535x1227px) Image search: [Google]
76685859768.jpg
291KB, 535x1227px
>>92733986
shippers are scum
especially the fujoshi fetishists that for some reason think they speak for the gay community
>>
>>92737757
Because that's not how we act. Throughout this very fucking thread there has been discussion about the EU and EU writers just fine.

Then one retard starts falseflagging out of nowhere saying only Disneyshit is allowed. Fuck off with that.
>>
>>92737778
>defending EU autists
>>
>>92737708
Like they're going to their fans that shit was made up to be toys
BTS is for fans and what fans want to hear is that Star Wars is REAL and it's not stupid at all!

Star Wars has always been about merchandizing.
Everyone knows it
Do you think Spaceballs had that part for no reason whatsoever?

Why does every type of Stormtrooper have a very distinct helmet?
Merch.
Why is there a new Letter-Wing in every movie? Merch.

Star Wars is all about merchandizing
It doesn't make it bad, but you're in denial if you can't see that it's major factor in the design process
Did you forget Ewoks already?
>>
>>92737757
>>92737722
have some sex
>>
File: someone to love.jpg (86KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
someone to love.jpg
86KB, 1920x1080px
>No romance in TLJ
Well at least they're trying to stay from doing the princess and the rogue story again.

>>92735228
>delicious brown
I'm having a Korra flashback
>>92737659
>Falseflagging
Go be retarded elsewhere
>>
>>92737803
>implying anybody on /co/ gets pusy
>>
>>92737798
Half the shit people say "this was made for the toys!" doesn't even get toys.

Lucas himself said that toys will be made and sell no matter which designs or stories he tells, so he doesn't think about it much.
>>
>>92737795
I'm not defending EU autists. I hate EU autists, and EU autists are the only kind of fucktards who would falseflag.

But that doesn't mean we have to shut down all EU discussion.

I'm defending the idea of everyone speaking about Canon and Legends without idiot EUfags falseflagging as "Disney fans"
>>
File: 1494818312456.png (104KB, 257x368px) Image search: [Google]
1494818312456.png
104KB, 257x368px
>>92737699
>fixed image

>>92737839
You shouldn't fall for shitty bait.
>>
>>92737839
>Lucas himself said that toys will be made and sell no matter which designs or stories he tells, so he doesn't think about it much.
But that doesn't mean that things aren't put into the movie in order to be a toy or a part of merch

Like at the end of AotC, there's a big arms fair scene where Clones and Droids fight with shit that never show up again or has any impact on the movie.
Why is that scene there?
To show kids a bunch of cool shit so they want to buy merch.
>>
>>92733761
Midichlorians were introduced to show the soulles and systematic kidnapping of children that the Jedi did.
If force trees serve a purpose on the setting then I accept the exploration of their origin.
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1545x816px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1545x816px
Did the imperials kill the rest of the crew of the tantive 4 or did some get captured by leia? only to be left behind on the death star and blown up
>>
>>92737871
>everyone who hates EUfags shitting up these threads constantly is false flagging
>>
>>92737895
Like fucking what? Shit takes time to design, and they were creating a huge battle, they dont just throw in shit for toys. Like I said, half the time toys aren't even made of shit people accuse of being "made for toys".

I challenge you to go and find some examples of toys of the " shit that never show up again" at the end of AOTC.
>>
>>92737749
Episode 1 pre-production meeting, probably
>>
File: 1493418496447.jpg (617KB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
1493418496447.jpg
617KB, 1920x834px
>>92737895
> there's a big arms fair scene where Clones and Droids fight with shit that never show up again or has any impact on the movie
You gave yourself away here. Especially since it was the films climax.

You deserve this. 1/10
>>
>>92737918
Anon, are you okay? Do you need a drink or something? Because you seem very confused if you genuinely think that is what I was saying.

I'm the first fucking post that was calling out the EU Autist falseflag. I wasn't accusing anybody else of falseflagging.
>>
File: LAAT.jpg (597KB, 976x1008px) Image search: [Google]
LAAT.jpg
597KB, 976x1008px
>>92737895
>why is that scene there
Because they are fighting a battle.
>>
File: Confused Clones.jpg (113KB, 549x188px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Clones.jpg
113KB, 549x188px
>>92737895
>Why is that scene there?
You cant be serious
>>
>>92737890
>You shouldn't fall for shitty bait.
sorry
>>
>>92737970
>>92738022
Explodey shit happening is not the same as a climax.

The climax was Anakin and Obi Wan fighting Duke Countu.

The shit we see with SPHATs and Hellfire droids and Spider-droids and all that shit don't have any impact on that scene

The important thing is that the Republic is here and they're at war with the Separatists now.
There are lots of ways to show that besides having all those things show up for a single scene and never show up again.
>>
>>92738035
IT WAS THE START OF THE CLONE WARS

>>
>>92737951
SPHATs, "Command walkers", Hellfire droids, spiderdroids

Don't forget the Clone Armour too.
That's changed for RotS
In fact, every thing is changed from AotC and RotS
What's the same in between the two?
B1 droids and Super Battledroids?

All the ships are different, all the Clones are different.
Yes, I know the war progresses.
But it's a happy coincidence that works out best for marketing too
>>
>>92738035
I guess speeder bikes, AT-AT's, the Naboo shield generator, AAT's, STAP bikes, Scout Troopers, Airspeeders, ect, are all just pointless shit made for toys because they don't appear or affect anything outside of their respective battles

Definitely not because they wanted to design cool shit for a battle that is fun to watch, that MAY get made into toys if Hasbro can do it cheap
>>
>>92738089
Yes, pretty much

You're falling into the "Special Remastered Edition" trap of "more shit=more fun"
>>
>>92738035
>The important thing is there is war now
>There are lots of ways to show that besides showing a war
made me reply/10

But sure, go ahead and enlighten me.

>>92738083
>SPHATs
Werent those in TCW? They were in the Genndy one at least.

>Hellfires
See above.

>Spiderdroids
See above.

>B1s/SBD
SBDs were in AotC too, that was pretty much their introduction.
>>
>>92738115
Then you're crazy. God forbid they design a stormtrooper with a motorbike-style helmet for the speeder bike.

Not because it makes sense, but becuz toys

You act like literally nothing new can be designed without toys being in mind, while completely ignoring the creative process behind designs, the reasons for the designs to exist, and if X even got a toy.

This is "Ezra's Slingshot/Spinning toysabers" all over again.
>>
>>92738115
>You're falling into the "Special Remastered Edition" trap of "more shit=more fun"
What's wrong with things being more vibrant and full of life.

The Battle of Geonosis was a huge sprawling battle across a desert with the entire Clone Army fighting the primary droid factory.

But because they have a few new tanks, the entire things is pointless and done for toys?
>>
>>92737749

some robot chicken publicity skit
>>
>>92738187
That and George Lucas is as much of a nerd for these things as the fans are
>>
>>92738277
This.

Maybe just maybe Lucas wanted some cool tank designs to fight in the war in his Star Wars movie

whodathunkit
>>
>>92738160
>Werent those in TCW?
You don't want to bring up TCW if you're trying to make an anti-toy argument

CN has a widely known mandate on toy sales

As for another way to show the start of the war, how about the end scene of Republic Commando?
They're being forced to evacuate and they're seeing all the "reinforcements" come down.
It's clearly the start of a war and the feeling of lacking control is setting in.
It's out of their hands now.
That works great for AotC because the lack of agency of the main characters mirrors the lack of agency of the Republic.
Since Anakin is a stand-in for the Republic (i.e. they both fall at the same time) it would have been some legit "subtle" poetry.
>>
>>92738187
>This is "Ezra's Slingshot/Spinning toysabers" all over again.
Yeah, about that....
>>
>>92738277
>>92738294
George Lucas is literally building $1 billion museum for his private art collection
>>
>>92738277
>>92738294
George "Star Wars is for 12 year olds" Lucas isn't some old grampa who just wants to share his lovely stories with the kiddos
He's a business man

Remember "Jar Jar is the key to all this"?
Jar Jar was the key to making the movie a hit with kids.
If they got Jar Jar working, then it'd be a hit with the target demographic
>>
File: 1494569254353.jpg (413KB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
1494569254353.jpg
413KB, 1278x717px
>people falling for toy bait argument
>>
>>92738367
You do know that's not a museum for Star Wars, right?
>>
File: 1493738027084.png (322KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493738027084.png
322KB, 640x480px
>>92738403
>>
>>92738327
Actually TCW is a perfect thing to bring up.

It was made by George Lucas himself, and is another example of "f-for the toys".

While completely ignoring the OBSCENE amount of money Lucas was putting into the show just to get in cool new models, and generally make the show look good.

Then you get shit like Darth Maul returning which didn't even get an actual toy in TCW's entire run despite them knowing about Maul for the latter 4 years of the show, outside of a very brief limited store exclusive. Wasn't Spider-Maul either.

Face the fucking music, the toys are not a part of the design process. Hasbro milks Star Wars designs to make toys, but that is not the job of the creators at Lucasfilm.

>>92738352
Neither of which had actual toys.

Ezra's Slingshot had a weird Lego thing, and Inkies Lightsaber did not spin despite Hasbro actually coming up with a weird spinning toy back when they were marketing for Greivous.

Another case of Lucasfilms being accused of designing with toys in mind, only for said things to not actually get toys.
>>
>>92738429
Anon wasn't trying to say it was
>>
>>92738403
Stop
>>
>>92738445
>Neither of which had actual toys.
But Ezra's slingshot showed up disproportionally on the merchandizing and advertisement stuff.

There's more to merch than toys.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-25-23-07-06.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-25-23-07-06.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Why are people so immature that they can't enjoy things being based around capitalism? Does everything have to be high integrity with you fucks?
>>
>>92738492
It was on the season 1 poster because he used it for the first 4 episodes and they were hiding his lightsaber design.

Aside from that artwork being used on the earliest promo material, it was never seen again.
>>
>>92738499
The problem isn't that it's capitalistic in nature, the problem is that people get airs of it not being so
>>
>>92738499
Nobody is saying that toys don't fucking exist. We all enjoy Star Wars knowing how Disney and Hasbro will continue to bleed it for profits.

But we're not falling for the "Lucas was just picking designs for toys" bullshit.

Lucas never fucking worked at Hasbro, he isn't a toy designer, and has never picked designs based on toys.

Hasbro picked from HIS designs to make their toys.
>>
maybe it's because I'm a grown man who collects toys with his spare cash but I always love when people complain about things being toyetic
>>
>>92738561
>"Lucas was just picking designs for toys"
I never said that
I implied that he made decisions that maximized the possibilities for toys/merch/marketable iconography.
>>
>>92738035
Dis some good bait, its retardness reminds me of RLM
>>
>>92737983
>Every one who disagrees with me is an Eutist.
>>
how hard will you cum if there's an honest to god poker scene with Snoke versus Finn or DJ?
>>
>>92738622
There's an argument to be made that Lucas was doing that even back in ANH, he kept hold of the merchandise agreements for a reason after all, even if it was just to guarantee a revenue stream
>>
>>92738622
Why can't he just pick designs he like that coincides with the very obvious fact that other people (including kids) will also like them?

Why this conspiracy that toys were a major decision-making factor in his design process. And how do you explain Lucas's very un-marketable decisions?

Like cycling through a bunch of cool alien designs and settling on a fat slob for Dexter Jettster? Or making an old man the Emperor of the Galaxy?

Lucas just picked what he liked. Hasbro decided from there what should be toys. This is how it's always been, and how it always will be.
>>
>>92738724
Yes, exactly.

Try to get people here to understand that.
>>
Anyone else think Canto Bight will be the face of Star Wars for a while? I don't know why they're marketing Crait so hard compared to that
>>
George made the movie for kids. Kids love toys. This doesn't make George a hack. It makes him a dude who likes kids.
>>
>>92738724
Except this was in a time where such marketing on the scale of Star Wars was unheard of.

Even if Lucas was intending on trying to earn back his money through toys (he was very consciously making a kids movie. Always was. Obviously stuff in his movie would work as toys.), he was never planning it to be even close to what it ended up being. He struck a fucking goldmine. Lucky son of a bitch.
>>
>>92738732
>Like cycling through a bunch of cool alien designs and settling on a fat slob for Dexter Jettster? Or making an old man the Emperor of the Galaxy?
Dex was a fat slob because Lucas was clumsily making a reference to the 1950s noire style where a detective would go to someplace slummy and meet his connections.
I get why he did it. He just didn't do it very well.

As for Sheev being an old man, that's classic as fuck. He's the evil old wizard. That's a trope that goes back far further than film
>>
>>92738807
>It makes him a dude who likes kids.

even worse than a hack tbqh
>>
>>92738807
THIS.

He made the movie for kids, obviously this means stuff in the movie will be able to be sold to kids.

It's not rocket science, Lucas never went into Star Wars with the intention of hitting it big on toys.
>>
>>92738807
> It makes him a dude who likes money.
FTFY
>>
>>92738851
>Lucas never went into Star Wars with the intention of hitting it big on toys.

>Lucas agreed to take the merchandizing rights at the cost of a higher salary
Hmmm.....
>>
>>92738885
>>92738868
In order to get the movie made he kept all the bugdet for the movie.
>>
>>92738918
"Kept"?
>>
>Finn gets a Bond girl companion
>has a shadowy contact
>villain has a weird defect body and a glamorous outfit
>Finns first special mission
>casino city
>confirmed car chase

Where were you when TLJ was Casino Royale?
>>
File: Twilight_of_the_Apprentice_08.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Twilight_of_the_Apprentice_08.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
You walk into the club and these two slap your ass... what do?
>>
File: the force.jpg (113KB, 906x1240px) Image search: [Google]
the force.jpg
113KB, 906x1240px
Daily reminder that the Force is Female
>>
>>92738948
He put it in the movie instead of his paycheck
>>
File: Lightsaber What the Fuck.webm (2MB, 888x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber What the Fuck.webm
2MB, 888x500px
>>92738977
Fall over laughing as they defy physics with this stupid shit.
>>
>>92738827
Very true, I think Lucas was imagining a situation where the toy money would work as a cash injection for LucasFilm so he could get his studio off the ground a little bit, and then Star Wars exploded into this industry defining and changing movie that netted him millions in toy cash
Whoever it was who agreed to give him the toy rights must be kicking themselves right now. As in, STILL, after 40 years
>>
>>92733834
Existence is futile. Star Wars is mainly a remix of the history of civilization. Showing that good and bad are subjective and people just fight because of what 4chan calls autism is the point of Star Wars. At least in my opinion, most people want it to be fairy tales and I have to say that is just a childish outlook especially when they fight for this to be kept as status quo.

Where you go after that is obvious. Introducing a third faction that tries to fix the problems. Conflicts between these three factions. Exploring the anti or pro Forcewielder sentiment in Normalfags.

Of course that won't happen in the new movies. They just introduce the Force Trees because the storygroup thinks world changing details/events need to be revealed in the saga trilogies and force trees are the reveal of 7 to 9.
The Storygroup thinks they need to introduce new concepts to keep interest fresh but this is exactly what destroyed Capeshit Comics for example. They just do publicity stunts with no real purpose in the story and piling them up makes the story a pure clusterfuck with no purpose to anything. They will just rob Star Wars any meaning it ever had and think that they are breaking new ground. At least I think this will drive the normies away again at some point.
>>
>>92739018
repulsor lifts in the handles
>>
>>92739111
You don't know what you're talking about mayne, pretty the tree stuff comes from Lucas.

LSG isn't trying to sell shit on shock factor. TFA is telling of that, and even the comics have been reserved with new/shocking stuff. Not that there hasn't been some of that, but it's definitely background to the classic Star Wars stuff they're easing fans with.
>>
>>92739208
It's still on-par with Ultrons lifting that LGV. You can come up with any excuse you want but it's cheesy looking and stupid.
>>
>>92739340
>cheesy looking and stupid.
Outside /co/, I never heard anyone bitch about it. We've seen far more ridiculous shit in Star Wars
>>
>>92738978
Did they just assume Force's gender???
>>
>>92739433
/tv/ has 100 replies of laughing reaction images whenever the webm is posted
>>
>>92738978
Looks that leak about Men=Dark Women=Light is true...
>>
>>92739457
You're talking about a board with legit BLACKED and pedo porn, bots and a unironic love for trump to the point you're shitposted into oblivion for disagreement
>>
>>92739508
/tv/ is a lot of things
But shy of making fun of shit that is silly is not one of them
>>
>>92739527
>But shy of making fun of shit that is silly is not one of them
/tv/ is my main board and this is the most retarded thing I've read for this week. /tv/ makes fun of everything even sensible plots. It exists purely on memes and self-hatred. Taking anything they say with more than a grain of salt makes you an idiot.

>a kid blowing up a sophisticated war machine by accident is somehow more sensible than a lightsaber with repulsors
>ewoks beating a highly trained army in power armor makes more sense than a lightsaber with repulsors
No, anon. No. TCW does even dumber things.
>>
File: you are not a jedi yet.gif (486KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
you are not a jedi yet.gif
486KB, 200x150px
In the mood to play KOTOR again, but not sure what to do differently this time
>>
>>92739616
>>a kid blowing up a sophisticated war machine by accident is somehow more sensible than a lightsaber with repulsors
>>ewoks beating a highly trained army in power armor makes more sense than a lightsaber with repulsors
You're implying that people don't laugh and call that shit stupid as fuck
>>
>>92739631
Stun batons only
>>
>>92739631
Graphics smods
>>
>>92739631
Pistol Jedi
And try to actively make Kreia happy
>>
>>92739527
I don't think anyone could argue it isn't a little silly. Its just that most people don't care and just think its fun to have helicopter lightsabers
>>
>>92739772
Most people find it dumb as shit

Most adults who watch cartoons made for children have lower standards than "most people"
>>
>>92739645
It's really not that dumb when we've seen far more ridiculous things. The lightsaber helicoptors were on screen less than 30 mins. You complaining about it is pretty damn dumb. We've had talking mountains for fuck sake but a repulsor lightsaber for a min is too much?
>>
>>92739433
>We've seen far more ridiculous shit in Star Wars

Maybe in the Force Awakens, where human beings could see a laser beam hundreds of light years away with their naked eyes during the fucking daytime. Not in the original trilogy.
>>
File: 1492224788695.png (232KB, 602x536px) Image search: [Google]
1492224788695.png
232KB, 602x536px
>>92739799
Yet here (You) are.
>>
>>92739823
People found Droid Tales stupid as fuck.

You're making it sound like there are limited slots for "stupid" things, and once they are filled then there can be no more stupid things
>>
>>92739823
>when we've seen far more ridiculous things.

The fuck are you talking about?

Even aside from whatever the fuck you think you're talking about, it's dumb on a conceptual level. Taking all real world physics aside, and how dumb it looks, why the fuck would regular lightsabers be the standard and preferred weapon if dual lightsabers let you fucking fly?
>>
>>92739842
I'm not saying I'm better
I'm just not deluding myself in thinking that things that I enjoy aren't stupid
>>
>>92739838
>not sound in space
>not treating space as 2D
>not nonsensical creatures existing where they shouldn't
>not highly trained armies incapable of shooting targets
>not kilometer large ships crashing into each other in SPACE
>not moon sized objects causing gravitational problems to planets
>not using parsecs for racing
>not telekinetic powers being granted by microorganisms
You're right. Star Wars isn't ridiculous.
>>
File: Splinter and Shredder.jpg (73KB, 1366x812px) Image search: [Google]
Splinter and Shredder.jpg
73KB, 1366x812px
Are we getting a new show after Rebels is over? I'm still holding out hope for a Bane/Zannah Rule of Two remake with all the ancient space wuxia Clone Wars promised us.
>>
>>92739879
>Taking all real world physics aside,
>in Star Wars
Are you retarded?
>>
>>92739838
>Not in the original trilogy
Oh yeah, because the OT is such a fucking paragon of scientific accuracy

Remember when parsecs was a unit of time (the EU had to invent a whole story to explain that one)
Remember when the Falcon crossed insterstellar space on sublights in a few days?
Remember when the Han, Lei, and Chewie could breathe in space with just a face mask?
>>
>>92739882
There are different levels of suspension of disbelief. Smart people know this. Just because I can accept that a human in The Last Airbender can survive having a 500 lb boulder launched at them with minor bruises doesn't mean I won't balk if they start flying around by standing on a chair and picking it up.
>>
>>92739882
When did I even suggest I was deluding myself? I even admitted it was silly, just that its also a fun enough concept for me not to care so much about it
At the end of the day the helicopter lightsabers exist to handwave how the Inquisitors get up the Sith Pyramid without having to faff about activating the lifts the same way Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Maul do
>>
>>92739916
He's a big guy
>>
>>92739947
>At the end of the day the helicopter lightsabers exist to handwave how the Inquisitors get up the Sith Pyramid without having to faff about activating the lifts the same way Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Maul do
Why not just hitch a ride on droids?
Or have them come with a vehicle of some kind?

The heli-sabers were there to be cool, not to explain a plotpoint.
>>
File: imperial-naval-trooper-new-1.jpg (56KB, 1172x726px) Image search: [Google]
imperial-naval-trooper-new-1.jpg
56KB, 1172x726px
>>92739865
It was on screen less than 10 minutes total. You're complaining about nothing. I wish people had this reaction to the planet they landed on that had a massive chunk of its mass missing. And it was still supporting native life! But jesus, a flying lightsaber is too much to buy. SUSPENSION RUINED!
>>
>>92739916
>Are we getting a new show after Rebels is over?
Yes
They haven't said as much but I'm fairly convinced that a lot of the reason why Rebels is being cut a little short is down to Filoni being offered a chance to do a new show and wanting to focus on it
As for when that show is, we really have no idea, but I doubt they'll go back into stuff like the old Republic or the founding of the Sith. More likely its going to be set at least post-Endor, maybe a few years into the transition era
>>
>>92739879
>why the fuck would regular lightsabers be the standard and preferred weapon if dual lightsabers let you fucking fly
Not everyone wants an unwieldy piece of shit with a presumably heavy repulsor and spinning mechanism attached to it just for a good trick.

Also:
>it's another complaining about the helicopter sabers episode
>>
>>92739998
Please be The Adventures of Thrawn and Pellaeon.
>>
>>92739916
Yes, Filoni says his next show is bigger than both TCW and Rebels, and that he can't wait to show it.
>>
File: Tua caught.jpg (118KB, 617x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tua caught.jpg
118KB, 617x720px
>>92740024
more waifus = more ded waifus
>>
>>92740024
That doesn't really mean much

He's not going to say "Nah this new one is shit. Don't watch it"
Everyone always "This new thing is better than the last thing"
>>
>>92739965
>Why not just hitch a ride on droids?
What droids?

>Or have them come with a vehicle of some kind?
The inquisitors do have vehicles, but it's not something they can just take off immediately with

>The heli-sabers were there to be cool, not to explain a plotpoint.
No, they were literally there to give the Inquisitors a mode of transportation for the finale.
>>
>>92739925
>Remember when parsecs was a unit of time (the EU had to invent a whole story to explain that one)
>Remember when the Falcon crossed insterstellar space on sublights in a few days?

Nerd complaint of minutia that's nowhere near as obviously bad as what we're talking about.

>Remember when the Han, Lei, and Chewie could breathe in space with just a face mask?

There is advanced technology in the face mask. If they weren't wearing goggles then yeah that's a little ridiculous. Nowhere near as bad as what we're talking about though.
>>
>>92740024
>bigger than both TCW and Rebels
God I hope it's not gonna be shit.
>>
>>92740010
It lets you always have the high ground. That's an auto-win.
>>
>>92740014
>Star Treky space opera with Thrawn and Pellaeon hunting for art and space booty
>Brunson and some other lower-deck officers fill out the cast
>Rukh voiced by Michael Dorn
>>
>>92733956
I think that has more to do with one being an extremely hard question that only gets answered if it's too problematic to ignore (like seeing Hosnian Prime in the sky from fucking sectors away) while the other has an answer in the Rogue One visual guide.
>>
>>92740054
>What droids?
The droids that are built into Seventh Sister's suit

They even had a new Inquisitor.
He could have had other tech gimmicks in his suit.

The sabercopters were unnecessary considering how much other shit they could have chosen to be a means of transportation
>>
File: SithHolocron.png (206KB, 432x413px) Image search: [Google]
SithHolocron.png
206KB, 432x413px
>>92740044
Waifu killing is POWER!
>>
>>92739893
Most of those are acceptable breaks from reality for the sake of having an adventure story. Their presence is not a blank check to toss in whatever asinine shit you can think of. What next, people start flying by spinning their arms really fast? Fucking stupid nerd.
>>
>>92740077
Someone post that "high ground, from a certain point of view" green.
>>
File: the flash.jpg (45KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
the flash.jpg
45KB, 852x480px
>>92740127
>What next, people start flying by spinning their arms really fast?
Speedforce.jpg
>>
>>92740120
>The droids that are built into Seventh Sister's suit
way too small

>They even had a new Inquisitor.
>He could have had other tech gimmicks in his suit.
But that only gets rid of the travel problem for one inquisitor and is a waste of resources and budget

>The sabercopters were unnecessary considering how much other shit they could have chosen to be a means of transportation
They didn't have the time to design something else
>>
>>92740059
The Falcon travelling between systems on sublight is the exact same problem you're having

Space is too big to allow it to happen
But it does happen anyways
>>
>>92740155
Sorry, let me rephrase.

>What next *non-speedsters start flying around by spinning their arms really fast?
>>
>>92740127
>What next, people start flying by spinning their arms really fast?
You do realize that the spinning has nothing to do with the flying, right?
>>
>>92740178
He knows. He put himself in a corner with his "argument"
>>
>>92740167
>The Falcon travelling between systems on sublight is the exact same problem you're having

No. Stop. There is a world of difference between a reality-breaking impossibility being mentioned offhand in a technobabble conversation that most people wouldn't even notice, and a reality-breaking impossibility being the central focus of a 5 minute long dramatic montage.

Why are you doing this, what is your motivation for these false equivalences? No one is saying that the original movies were perfect or not silly, just that they weren't as bad as this modern shit. Which they weren't. When a planet blew up in the OT no one knew about it except the psychic until they actually got there. In the new garbage everyone in the universe witnessed it with their naked eyes. There is no contest or equivalence here, it's obvious which is crossing a line.
>>
File: Force_speed_TPM.png (3MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Force_speed_TPM.png
3MB, 1920x816px
>>92740170
VERY fast jedi running at incredible hihg speed
>>
>>92740235
I'm saying Star Wars has always been chock full of impossible shit

Quibbling about this one thing that normies don't even realize is just making you seem unhinged

Besides, who's to say that people on a nearby planet didn't see Alderaan blow up
The PoV never goes there.
>>
>>92740178
>You do realize that the spinning has nothing to do with the flying, right?
And what in the episode makes you say that?
>>
>>92740239
bluray version looks better
>>
>>92740291
Common sense. Knowing that repulsors exist in Star Wars.

And I'm pretty sure Pablo said something about it at some point.
>>
>>92740239
>>92740305
What a stupid fucking scene

How did this literally never show up again in canon?
>>
>>92740239
You think that qualifies them as speedsters in the superhero sense? Speedsters are kind of inherently silly anyway. Superhero shit is working at a level or two below most other genre fiction when it comes to suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>92739631
Jedi MMA
>>
>>92740320
It was in a Rebels Recon, yes.
>>
>>92740320
If repulsors can fit inside a lightsaber, why doesn't everyone have repulsor boots?
>>
>>92740273
It's not quibbling. That's the difference. The dumb things in the OT are quibbles that you have to find in dialogue. The dumb things in the new shit are the centerpieces of entire scenes. I refuse to believe you're not getting the distinction, you're just fucking with me at this point.
>>
>>92740328
Luke did it in ESB and ROTJ :^)
>>
>>92740328
Vader uses force speed in Lords of the Sith. Luke uses it while jumping in the OT.
>>
>>92740361
Expensive and hard to use
>>
>>92740385
Why not in the inquisitors boots then?
Or their armour?
Or any place that doesn't mean they can either fly or use their only weapon?
>>
>>92740374
>Leia leads the Empire to the rebel Base on Yavin IV
>>
>>92740374
>The dumb things in the OT are quibbles that you have to find in dialogue.
But it's not just a dialogue thing
The "Parsecs" thing is a dialogue goof

Han and Leia going to Cloud City after Hoth and thus causing Luke to abandon his training with Yoda is huge part of the plot

Some may call Luke's duel with Vader a centerpiece
>>
>>92740378
>>92740379
Why didn't anyone in TCW use it?
I'm not talking just jumping
But as an instant "get out of jail free" card.
Or when someone was trying to escape.
>>
>>92740361
>I want thrust at my feet, as far away from my CG as possible, making everything a balancing act
>instead of an easier to use jetpack on my back
I mean there's a pretty obvious answer. Although that speaks more for the stupidity of hoverboots than anything.

>>92740409
Let's be real here. Because someone thought it was funny to make helicopter sabers.

But you say that as if anything in SW makes a whole lot of sense. TIEs and a lot of fighters in general are just completely retarded from any sort of design standpoint when it comes to using them as combat craft.
>>
>>92740455
>Some may call Luke's duel with Vader a centerpiece

What was dumb about that? I can't recall.
>>
>>92740522
Nothing
But it only happened because Star Wars has no basis in real science.

So stop freaking out so much
>>
>>92740486
Because force powers are not taught to every single Jedi, or only develop in certain Jedi leaving you with snowflakes like Quinlan with his force touch visions. It's very inconsistent.
>>
>>92740744
Obi Wan did know it though
And he never used it

How many times did he end up dueling Maul/Grievous when all he wanted to do is escape?
>>
>>92740581
I really don't think you're following this conversation at all.
>>
>>92740773
>expose back to enemy
I don't think that would've worked out that well against another force user, or even Grievous.
>>
>>92737510
And there's a Kylo set that apparently has a Luke in it too.
>>
File: 20170527_120636.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_120636.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>92731922
Almost too much starpower in one room!
>>
>>92740773
You cant move a narrative forward with someone running away all the time.
>>
File: keen mind.jpg (134KB, 547x867px) Image search: [Google]
keen mind.jpg
134KB, 547x867px
>>92740800
Lemme break it down
You don't like the big laser light show in TFA because it's impossible. You just can't see planets and lasers that can kill planets from another star system.
Fair enough.
You can't in reality.

You say that makes TFA worse than all the other movies because none of them have such glaring (literally) problems with going against reality.

I'm saying that they always had problems with following real world rules to the same level as that scene in TFA. Even if they weren't as obvious, they were just as important or even more important to the plot.

My example is Luke on Cloud City.
Why does Luke go to Cloud City? Because Han and Leia are there.
Why are Han and Leia on Cloud City? Because they had hyperdrive problems that needed repairing.
Why did the Falcon need repairing? Because it was damaged in the Hoth system.

Line that all together and you have Lei and Han flying the Falcon between stars without a hyperdrive and that causes the biggest scene in Empire Strikes Back and maybe in all of Star Wars.

So yeah, TFA had some flashy fuck you to physics.
But it didn't impact the plot very much.
Empire's plot revolves around impossible shit. And it's still good.
>>
>>92740845
No you can't
Which is why it was a mistake to include "Magic untouchable run away powers" in TPM
>>
>>92739631
Try SWTOR, ignore the memes.
>>
>>92741507
Tortanic is shit
>>
>>92731922
Ask if Lost Stars and Thrawn will have sequels. Ciena needs to meet Thrawn too
>>
>>92734095
Comfy is definitely the right word. Especially in the audiobook, hearing about basically space Sherlock and Watson at the Academy is great.
>>
>>92741531
This is an example of one of the Memes. Next someone will post the webm from the beta 5 years ago.
>>
>>92741531
no it's just a wow clone
if you treat it as a single player game it's a perfectly ok SW rpg
it's not good but it's not garbage
>>
>>92741613
Or all the scenes from the full release
Animations in that game make ME: Andromeda look silky smooth and human

And lets not forget that Revan is a miniboss that has a rare pants drop.
>>
>>92741644
>Animations in that game make ME: Andromeda look silky smooth and human
To be fair, it's kind of the art style.

And, yes, I shamelessly play TOR, but will not put down anyone with differing opinions.
>>
>>92741644
>The revan miniboss meme

Thats how i know you never played it. Stop embarassing yourself memester.
>>
>>92741673
He's in the Empire flashpoint (The Foundry), but essentially the main boss of that, so I wouldn't call it a miniboss. Then there's an operation and solo fight in SoR.
>>
>>92741673
Well isn't he?

All he does is die and say "Uh, thank you for breaking the magic spell the Emperor put on me. I've been hypnotized for hundreds of years. The Emperor really REALLY is evil. Go kiiill him. Blah I'm dead"
>>
>>92741707
No. That's Maelstrom Prison for Republic side. The Foundry is where you fight him.

Why would the Republic fight one of its greatest heroes?
>>
>>92741707
How is this a point of contention?. Anyway yes your wrong.
>>
>>92741723
They do when he turns on everyone in the "shadow of revan" expansion.
>>
>>92741752
Yeah, but he's got like a split personality there. I'm talking about when he's still whole.
>>
>>92740328
>>92740239

a better question would be why does it never show up again in the same movie? Especially in the scene where Obi-Wan is running to get to Qui-Gon and Maul in the final duel, but for some reason he runs normally instead of like Sonic the Hedgehog?
>>
>>92740940
I personally never had an issue with that in Empire, but Star Wars fans are incapable of suspension of disbelief so I think there was eventually a canon answer from Pablo or someone about Luke's training on Dagobah lasting longer than it seems because time passes differently there so for all we know Han and Leia could've been traveling for way longer than it seems but the film just showed the important bits.
>>
>>92741595
He said no plans for a Thrawn sequel yet, but he did mention he has some stuff in the works that can't be named yet. She said Ciena and Thane's future is somethig she wants to write aboit once the ST is fleshed out a bit more.
Some neat stories all around, I'll post a brief recap later tonite of anyone's interested
>>
I think I know why the story of the Prequels, as much as I love them, feel relatively dry at times. They tell the story of the fall of the Republic while for the most part treating the Jedi's as a secondary element. Whereas the Clone Wars by comparison gives us greater insight into the myriad circumstances the Jedi fell proper. The Prequels told the story of the Repuic, whereas the Clone Wars told the story of the Jedi.

When you think about it, the story of the Prequel Era was just too broad to fit into three two hour films, even if Lucas had decided against Episodes I and II being ten years apart and instead went for the Prequels just being the Clone Wars altogether. There's a lot of ground to cover compared to the more simplistic formula of the Originals given how much is depicted to be going on in the world of the Prequels. They do a lot and mostly succeed, but at the cost of delegating half the meat of the story to a hundred-plus episode TV show - which ended up working out pretty damn well even though people's tastes on the Prequels had soured for quite a long time, some irreparably. TCW's having been planned out almost immediately after the release of RotS makes much more sense in this context. The show wasn't an apology for the Prequels, but rather an organic and necessary extension of them. Kind of like an extended Director's Cut.
>>
Post any star wars image, weather it be official or fan art.

That is what the new Star Wars show will be about.
>>
>>92741999
>TCW's having been planned out almost immediately after the release of RotS makes much more sense in this context.
It was actually being planned around a year before ROTS even launched. He even knew Anakin had a Togruta apprentice, with Filoni concept art existing late 2004/early 2005.

Lucas knew for a long time that he wanted to further tell the story on tv, and he has talked over the years about how much better tv is for telling a story.

So yeah you're right, the story was too big for movies, and Lucas realized it well before he even finished the PT.
>>
>>92742067
So Rebels 2.0 with a different ensemble of characters, and more Twi'lek fapbait?

I'm in.
>>
>>92741999
Yeah I agree. IMO if Lucas made 1 film rather than a trilogy and had it take place at the end of the Clone Wars or in the aftermath with an older Anakin that aligned with Sebastian Shaw in RotJ and had him building the Vader suit as he augmented his body ("He was more machine than man") throughout the film and had a prototype version during his duel with Kenobi at the end rather than Palpatine having the suit laying around somewhere and putting Anakin in it at the end of the film, I think he'd have made a film that was as good as ANH/ESB, if not better.

I posted something earlier in the thread about why the prequels being a trilogy was a mistake from a storytelling point of view:
>>92733263
>>
File: y.png (586KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
y.png
586KB, 655x380px
>>92742067
>>
if Ahsoka isnt in the next battlefront i will kill myself
>>
>>92741999

No one forced Lucas to make Phantom Menace set so far ahead of everything else.
>>
>>92742067
>>
File: 1476367091194.jpg (1MB, 3071x3079px) Image search: [Google]
1476367091194.jpg
1MB, 3071x3079px
>>92742067
>>
>>92742333
If that's something you would kill yourself over, then maybe you should.
>>
>>92742462
reaady and willing
>>
>>92741999
The Prequels were dry because the characters were dry
Scope has little to do with that.
A tight character focused story can be vibrant and full of life despite having a vast scope.

I'm not sure what story George really wanted to tell, but it always felt like his characters were just there in the scene because they were the protagonists and naturally had to be there.
>>
>>92742333
RIP
>>
File: 1493364630233.png (101KB, 623x733px) Image search: [Google]
1493364630233.png
101KB, 623x733px
>>92742067

>>92742175
Mars Attacks.png
>>
>>92739457
Did you just quote fucking /tv/ as a source?
Get the fuck out
>>
>>92740071
A rebellion-centric multi-season multi-viewpoint series in the same vein as TCW set between ESB and ROTJ
>>
>>92736922
It says DC15, which he is holding.

Even so, you could still be right, as I'm sure that the loadout menu would specify which variant (DC15A vs DC15S).

If you're talking about the fact that there's a picture of a DH17 (Quite a bit different from a DC17), keep in mind that it would likely be a placeholder image, which is something that games do all the time.
>>
File: 1459022746084.png (103KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
1459022746084.png
103KB, 600x467px
>>92742067
>>
What the fuck is with Goto's mine fetish?
>>
>>92741931
Actually nevermind, @blabbathehutt live-tweeted the whole panel
>>
>>92731328
Whoever makes the next thread, how bout a happy birthday Christopher Lee edition?
>>
>>92740328
There's a subtle moment in RotS where Obi-Wan tricks the Magnaguard spying on him into thinking Obi-Wan left Utapau on his fighter soon after landing, when in reality he superspeeded out of the cockpit into hiding while R4 flew the fighter.
>>
>>92744304
Anon...
>>
>>92744478
You can still wish dead people happy birthday, y'know.
>>
File: tumblr_oovkqy5bE51u6xthjo1_500.png (196KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oovkqy5bE51u6xthjo1_500.png
196KB, 500x500px
>>92742067
>>
>>92744652
What's the fucking joke here?

this isn't funny
>>
>>92742902
>>92742376
Why is there so much /ss/ in Star Wars?

I'm not complaining.
>>
>>92744783
>tumblr
>not funny
stop the presses
>>
File: Pryce.gif (2MB, 497x278px) Image search: [Google]
Pryce.gif
2MB, 497x278px
Will best girl die in season 4?
>>
File: DIVERSITY.png (3MB, 2340x2344px) Image search: [Google]
DIVERSITY.png
3MB, 2340x2344px
>>92744864
The overwhelming majority of actual or implied relationships in star wars involve an older woman and a younger male, with few exceptions, most notable and prominent of which, naturally being Han Solo and Leia.

On the topic of "what did he mean by this" should I add Kare Kun to this image? Does she count as black?
>>
>>92744652
>Qui-Gon
>Yoda

But for what reason? Qui-Gon was typically very straightforward and honest and only kept things when necessary. Yoda didn't really keep anything from or twist any truths with Luke. He simply refrained from telling Luke that Vader was actually Anakin until the time was right. And just as Luke has always done, he would have followed his own moral compass than that of his teachers. I think even Yoda wasn't so bitter as to deny this, given he praiser the same tendency in Anakin decades prior.
>>
>>92745167
You should update it with manga Ciena, she is cuter.
>>
>>92745140
>best girl
That's not how you spell 'worst girl of all time' anon
Anyway, she'll probably die. Konstantine is already dead, Kallus has defected, and I doubt they will kill off Thrawn in Rebels, leaving Pyrce as the best victim for Phoenix Squadron to score a kill against the major Imperial players
>>92745167
You absolutely should, Kare Kun a kute
>>
File: pryce delete this.jpg (64KB, 883x638px) Image search: [Google]
pryce delete this.jpg
64KB, 883x638px
>>92745271
>worst girl of all time
>>
>>92745167
>C O L O N I Z E D

good on ya george
>>
>>92745271
>Phoenix Squadron to score a kill against the major Imperial players
Rex vs. Pryce round 2.
"You wouldn't shoot a lady, would you Captain?"
"No. No I wouldn't."
BLAM.
>>
>>92744783
It's a parody of Always Sunny.
>>
>>92745455
With no context, it's not funny.

god damn it.
>>
>>92745454
>implying Pryce wouldn't kick his butt again and then claim his viginity as a victory trophy
>>
>>92745736
>Rex is a virgin
>>
File: luke and leia deleted scene.jpg (37KB, 796x350px) Image search: [Google]
luke and leia deleted scene.jpg
37KB, 796x350px
What if Luke and Leia shipping went on it's maiden voyage?
>>
File: 1494336903734.jpg (450KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494336903734.jpg
450KB, 1080x1080px
>>92746360
He won't be for long
>>
>>92746717
Well, their offspring would be like, the most powerful force user in existence
>>
>>92746819
Or a fucking hot mess that can't keep anything together

kind of like Kylo Ren
>>
>>92746819
>>92746881
it'd just be an inbred southerner
>>
>>92745271
yeah but shes blonde and has extremely european facial structure, she's "anime black"

>>92745435
I totally forgot to rename the file all this time thanks for reminding me
>>
File: 1488852621290.png (120KB, 223x276px) Image search: [Google]
1488852621290.png
120KB, 223x276px
>>92746717
>this is my fetish
>>
>>92746913
So like a Corellian?
>>
>>92746913
So, Kylo Ren?
>>
>>
Can someone please storytime Gay Jedi Adventures?
>>
>>92744304
If I'm there for new thread time I'll do it, even if it's a belated birthday.

Also I will not fix the videos.
>>
>>92747962
http://archiveofourown.org/works/8856892
Here's the link
>>
>>92745455
>>92745612
Always Sunny isn't funny
>>
WHERES THE SMUT SQUADRON WRITER I HOPE HES BUSY WRITING TRAP ON TOMBOY ACTION
>>
>>92737906

They're all dead, jim. Executed by stormies and then the ship they were in was destroyed.
>>
What will her problem be?
>>
>>92748165
I will slap you
>>
>>92748315

Easily triggered and wishes her pronouns to be xe and xir, as she identifies as a Zeltron transpecies-sexual hermaphrodite.
>>
File: ScreenShot527.jpg (852KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot527.jpg
852KB, 1920x1080px
Post Ezra.
>>
>>92748371
How many more years will you post the same shitty old memes?
>>
>>92748315
Probably want to surrender to the First Order or something
>>
>>92732284
>Nightsisters
The Nightsisters weren't that evil. Frankly, they didn't give a rats ass over who won the Clone Wars. They only got dragged in thanks to Dooku screwing over Ventress, and that was only one clan.
>>
File: Suckin Dick For Spice.png (2MB, 1820x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Suckin Dick For Spice.png
2MB, 1820x2048px
>>92748371
>>
File: Ezra_Bridger_Season_3.png (229KB, 488x497px) Image search: [Google]
Ezra_Bridger_Season_3.png
229KB, 488x497px
>>92748371
>>
>>92745167
There's hardly any canon pairing between two non-whites

Hmm, what DID he mean by this?
>>
>>92748513
I dunno, Talzin was pretty evil. It's debatable whether she was always like that or if Sidious fucking with her just broke something in her that made her super-vindictive and power hungry.
>>
File: watto the merchant.png (7KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
watto the merchant.png
7KB, 501x585px
>>92748549

Don't you mean, what did (((they))) mean by this?
>>
>>92748315
Oh cool, so TFA gave us space voldermort and the the last jedi we're getting space delores umbridge.
>>
File: delet this.png (107KB, 291x253px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.png
107KB, 291x253px
>>92748529
delet
>>
>>92748696
And Rey's backstory will reveal she is The Girl Who Lived
>>
>>92748549
the shattered empire comic makes poes parents look like blaxicans but he turned out whiter than me, also they're likely going to ship Finn with the ugly new asian
>>
>>92748529
Ezra isn't for dick sucking.

Ezra is for eating out Mirialan cooch.
>>
>>92748513
Wasn't Talzin dropping by Jar Jar's main squeeze's planet to suck the souls of captives through a glass straw? That's pretty evil in my book.
>>
File: stream.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
stream.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
STREAM NOW!

Come join us for some weeb shit? , some George Lucas student kino, and some THX-1138!
>>
>>92748546
His hair just keeps getting shorter. What are the odds he'll shave his head in S4?
>>
>>92748556
>Talzin was pretty evil.
Talzin was never really that Evil. The Nighsisters were more of a neutral party: they had no problem dealing with the Sith or the Jedi. They exist to benefit themselves, but held no ill will towards other factions. (atleast, no UNFOUNDED ill will. )
>>
>>92749070
The Nightsisters were neutral. Talzin herself was pretty evil.
>>
Has anyone tried to locate what planets Luke stopped at on the map shown in TFA? It looked like his journey started near where Lothal is on the maps that have been released so far.
>>
File: RIP Lothal.png (2MB, 2398x1070px) Image search: [Google]
RIP Lothal.png
2MB, 2398x1070px
>>
>>92749529
Would it be pottery if Thrawn destroys Lothal by orbital bombardment and he accidentaly kills Pryce in doing so?
>>
File: scum.png (29KB, 162x209px) Image search: [Google]
scum.png
29KB, 162x209px
>>92749614
he would be doing it on purpose pryce is scum
>>
File: Pryce Thrawn.png (207KB, 1046x493px) Image search: [Google]
Pryce Thrawn.png
207KB, 1046x493px
>>92749655
Nah, they learned to love each other
>>
>>92749614
Pryce deserves to be thrown out an airlock with one days worth of oxygen a la legends Tarkin
>>
>>92749529
its just strip mining, Lothal industry is going into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE for those kyber shekels
>>
File: 1489883999128.jpg (101KB, 853x772px) Image search: [Google]
1489883999128.jpg
101KB, 853x772px
>>92749740
>not doonium
>>
File: 1493866185935.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1493866185935.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
>>92749731
>>
File: THEY ARE NOT CUTE.jpg (121KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
THEY ARE NOT CUTE.jpg
121KB, 1280x721px
>>92749772
You are misinformed, anon
>>
File: pryce succ.jpg (102KB, 800x682px) Image search: [Google]
pryce succ.jpg
102KB, 800x682px
Thrawn/Pryce is best ship.
>>
>>92749731
>Many quietly complained that Daala was sleeping her way to the top. When one of those remarks made its way back to Tarkin, he searched out the officer who had made it. He had the officer sealed inside an environmental suit and ejected him into the space over a planet as punishment. Tarkin had the suit's radio left on so that others could hear the man over the course of 24 hours as his orbit decayed. The officer's orbit decayed to the point where he finally entered the planet's atmosphere and burned up upon reentry.

holy fuck
>>
>>92749853
uhm

source?
>>
Just watched Revenge of the Sith, what did I think about it?
>>
File: 1489879341857.png (855KB, 1627x785px) Image search: [Google]
1489879341857.png
855KB, 1627x785px
>>92749895
This guy gets why Tarkin is my favourite character.

Legends was a shit show but that is one of my favourite things to come out of it. They brought it back for Lucenos novel. He was fucking brutal. Imagine if that's what he did to Krennic
>>
>>92749070
I think the Nightsisters were ideally neutral and didn't give a shit, but Talzin kind of went on a warpath during her dick-measuring contest with Sheev. She didn't even seem too bothered by the fact that her clan got wiped out, as long as she could still get revenge. She kind of put her needs above those of the Nightsisters.
>>
>>92749895
Truly, that's the ideal way to make people think that you're not boinking your subordinate.
>>
>>92749913
http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/2184066

Enjoy anon.
>>
>>92750179
No, everyone knew they were fucking. He didn't like the blatant disrespect. That's why he did it.
>>
>>92750192
well color me disappointed

I need more thrawn lewds
>>
File: 1485396781061.png (494KB, 1280x985px) Image search: [Google]
1485396781061.png
494KB, 1280x985px
>>92750266
I want more of this
>>
>>92748549
Marketability. It's why all those examples in the image flew under the radar while just the mere implication of a relationship (Finn/Rey Miles/Spider-Gwen) gets rampant shitposting for several months.
>>
File: 1491996379953.jpg (67KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1491996379953.jpg
67KB, 369x369px
does anyone have a download for the desktop version of FaceApp? i know a link was posted a while ago but I checked it in the archive and the link is down
>>
File: 1428882500311.jpg (16KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1428882500311.jpg
16KB, 460x276px
>>92731928
sheev the need, hes our fix, hes the whole game
>>
File: Lothal_FDNP.png (772KB, 700x730px) Image search: [Google]
Lothal_FDNP.png
772KB, 700x730px
>>92749529
>mfw the image wook uses for Lothal
what the hell
>>
File: krenwrecked.webm (3MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
krenwrecked.webm
3MB, 720x304px
>>92749979
its hard to imagine which ones worse
>>
File: 1399771872209.gif (402KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399771872209.gif
402KB, 360x360px
>HURR CRAIT IS AN ESBH REHASH

>Walkers have head/neck cannons to kill ships, are faster and have untangleable legs
>>
>>92750759
>Starkiller Base wasn't a Death Star rehash! L-look! Starkiller has snow! Totally different!
>>
File: Ahsoka Bonteri.jpg (39KB, 369x541px) Image search: [Google]
Ahsoka Bonteri.jpg
39KB, 369x541px
what was the plan for them?
>>
>>92750857
literally has nothing to do with my post
>>
>>92750698
it's from this

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nexus_of_Power
>>
>>92750706

That was pottery.
>>
>>92750860
Small crush that didn't go anywhere and then kind of faded. I don't think there was a plan for them beyond that.
>>
>>92750885
You're using very weak semantics to try to explain why this isn't a rehash of Hoth
>>
>>92750979
>literal only similarities are a white biome and walkers (with an array that shows they have learned from Hoth)

I hope you're not implying that Star Wars or its fans are so shallow that this is all that makes it a rehash :^)
>>
>>92750915
i see
>>
File: 1495939113395.jpg (368KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
1495939113395.jpg
368KB, 1200x798px
when did you realize that /tv/ is actually superior to /swco/?
>>
>>92751063
>post's timestamp is from after the leaked toy pictures were already online for everyone to see
Wow such future-telling
>>
File: 1423883133324.jpg (26KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
1423883133324.jpg
26KB, 274x237px
>>92751063
>>92751088
fucking KEK
>>
>>92751088

/tv/ has a sense of humor unlike you spergs.
>>
>>92751147
>I-I was only pretending to be dumb!
>>
>star wars nerds who got kicked off /tv/ for their retarded opinions thinking they aren't anything but /tv/'s toilet
>>
File: obi.jpg (1MB, 1920x820px) Image search: [Google]
obi.jpg
1MB, 1920x820px
How long until the Disney canon gets so big that cracks begin to show (bigger cracks than the tiny inconsistencies we've seen so far) do you think?
>>
>>92751202
Whenever the Story Group moves on to other companies or starts including new members.
>>
>>92751243
They've been including new member anon, there's 11 of them now.
>>
File: 92183012830918231.jpg (71KB, 431x767px) Image search: [Google]
92183012830918231.jpg
71KB, 431x767px
Why does Lucasfilm hate its fans so much?
>>
>>92732638
please i need more

alternatively i need some good pictures of lekku for teaching purposes i swear
>>
>>92751147
It use to before being taken over by newfags. /tv/ use to have humor on par with /sp/
>>
>>92751368
>"""""""""""""""fans"""""""""""""""""
eu is not and never has been star wars
>>
>>92751368
fans now control it, with there own fanfiction.

why do you really think the old canon was thrown out?
>>
>>92751472
>>92751502
>being this retarded

he meant aliens like twileks not EU shit
>>
File: ackchyually.png (21KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
21KB, 700x700px
>>92751472
>eu is not and never has been star wars
No?
It's never been canon, but it IS Star Wars.
It tells stories set in the Star Wars universe with Star Wars characters.
>>
Have we figured out why the new walkers have bent feet?
>>
File: wan.png (366KB, 529x506px) Image search: [Google]
wan.png
366KB, 529x506px
>>92751524
oh my gawd, calm down
>being this serious
>>
>>92751614
To do their intended role of actually delivering troops by bringing the body of the walker to the ground level easier.
>>
File: 1409519891916.jpg (7KB, 251x237px) Image search: [Google]
1409519891916.jpg
7KB, 251x237px
>>92751648
tricked ya
>>
>>92751614
i have a chance at a lego ATAT set, i dont fucking care, screw the last jedi gimme that lego set.
>>
File: han.png (189KB, 299x335px) Image search: [Google]
han.png
189KB, 299x335px
>>92751686
i guess it was a space station, shit.
>>
>>92733535
New plot development. The guy that orginally leaked that picture shared a video clip of early alpha gameplay with some other guy that promised not to show anyone else. He lied and decided to show other people.

https://i.gyazo.com/6dae16a59f1eba6b454cb339dafa05a6.mp4

So that pic of the clone seems to be a legit still from an earlier build of the game.
>>
>Crait is the final battle
>one third a space battle, one third a land battle and one third a race against time sneaking onto a star destroyer
>Walkers fully equipped to fuck the shit out of anything resembling a speeder
>landscape that gets hellish and less Hoth-like as the battle goes on and the dust/salt is blown away
>ground troops on both sides fighting

we sure its a hoth battle mates?
>>
>>92751601
that doesn't make the movie Dogma part of the Christian religion
>>
>>92751912
>not having Dogma in in your religious headcanon
>>
File: 1378001265488.jpg (53KB, 613x497px) Image search: [Google]
1378001265488.jpg
53KB, 613x497px
>gais the ships in the prequels were so original and inspired

>smooth anime versions of OT ships and flying chipotle burritos/bananas
>>
>>92751843
KEK
REBEL SCUM BTFO
>>
>>92751959
but its still just fanfiction, though admittedly good fanfiction
>tfw no female YHWH gf
love me pls God :<
>>
File: 1482881909121.jpg (259KB, 921x754px) Image search: [Google]
1482881909121.jpg
259KB, 921x754px
>>92752031
>my bait didn't work the first time, let me try it again
>>
File: image_d347a76f.jpg (206KB, 1560x877px) Image search: [Google]
image_d347a76f.jpg
206KB, 1560x877px
>>92752031
Idk mane, I find the PT ships much more appealing than any of the garbage in TFA.
Also most of the TCW designs suck and it ruined the look of the PT star destroyer.
>>
>>92752100
That's the thing though, anything not from Lucas is fanfiction anyway, Disney or not.
>>
>>92752130
>literally a fugly smooth star trek ship
>>
>>92751912
It's more that Disney canon is Christianity and the New Testament, come to make the old laws obsolete, according to itself. Which makes Legends aficionados Jewish.
>>
>>92752130
dont reply to bait
also
>ruined the prequel star destroyer
the venator is literally the exact same in tcw and rots but with a lower polygon count and texture resolution in tcw

>>92752199
fucking kek dont bring out the /pol/ in me
>>
>>92752187
Like I said, I think you just have different taste. As they say, there's no accounting for it.
>>
File: 1446013046648.png (588KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1446013046648.png
588KB, 1440x810px
>Star Wars ship with no greebling
>>
>>92752216
>the venator is literally the exact same in tcw and rots
No?
It's got an ugly texture/skin and slightly different shape.
>>
>>92752237
not every ship needs greebling to be good
but they do to be great
>>
>>92752237
Yeah, fuck the cloud cars designed by McQuarrie.
>>
>>92752270
Eh, I disagree.
>>
>>92752248
>It's got an ugly texture/skin
thats what I just said thats the low res stylization, but its still the exact same ILM model with the greebles shaved off
>>
>>92752329
Well whatever it is it ruins it.
>>
>>92752351
Not him but I disagree
>>
>>92752351
sorry that 50 hours of cartoon network series cant be the same exact quality as a mega-budget hollywood movie
>>
>>92752427
Yeah, I'm not seeing the issue. Looks fine to me.
>>
File: ugly motherfucker.jpg (65KB, 864x520px) Image search: [Google]
ugly motherfucker.jpg
65KB, 864x520px
>>92752427
Well you're wrong.
>>
>I grew up with it so its good

this thread reeks of very close to underage. I wonder what the median age of this general is, 19?
>>
>>92752487
fuck off grandpa
>>
File: Imperial_attack_cruisers.png (2MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_attack_cruisers.png
2MB, 1920x816px
>>92752471
literally what is the difference beside color and texture resolution, they're the exact same proportion
>>
>>92752471
>Red bridge towers
>ugly
Resolute and all of the other Jedi's flagships were pure sex.
>>
File: MIKE .png (167KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
MIKE .png
167KB, 300x347px
>>92752487
>>I grew up with it so its good
Well that describes OT babbies pretty well.
>>
>>92752471
>underage morons will think a flat cartoon giraffe head is a good design

can't wait for today's episode of "anon defends every single ep 1-3 ship design"
>>
>>92752522
While I do like the TCW ones a bit more, the bridge design on the Episode III ones is a bit different.
>>
File: 1493008524795 - Copy.png (24KB, 1484x760px) Image search: [Google]
1493008524795 - Copy.png
24KB, 1484x760px
>>92752579
hello raditz
>>
>>92752522
These look photorealistic. Look at the tip of the closest one. That's some damn good CG for 2005.
>>
>>92752465
Same

>>92752471
Nope, I just don't share your opinion
>>
>>92752579
>>underage morons will think a flat cartoon giraffe head is a good design
Explain why it objectively isn't?
>>
>>92752595
that's simply stylization on TCW's part.
>>
>>92752595
>While I do like the TCW ones a bit more
explain
>>
>>92752607
>infinity budget hollywood film production looks more real than a stylied cgi cartoon for kids
#wow#whoa@mindblown

>>92752595
as a fleet junkie sperg who autistically obsesses over star wars ship details, please describe and point out the difference so I can see what you're talking about and get an idea of where you're coming from
>>
File: Lucas9.jpg (170KB, 1536x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas9.jpg
170KB, 1536x1022px
>>92752684
>hollywood film production
The prequels were independent films.
>>
>>92751472
>>92751524
Anti Eu fags deserve to get cancer in the ass and bells
>>
File: Logo_20th_century_fox.jpg (304KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_20th_century_fox.jpg
304KB, 1280x688px
>>92752756
venator is a pretty top tier shipfu to be honest t b h desu

>>92752725
>>
File: lucas11.jpg (83KB, 680x444px) Image search: [Google]
lucas11.jpg
83KB, 680x444px
>>92752781
Fox only distributed them. Other Indie films get distributed the same way.
>>
>>92752814
listen I get that Lucas and Spielberg started the hollywood renaissance of independent directors being given leeway to pursue their own visions, but Star Wars wasn't exactly a self-funded production
>>
>>92752883
ANH wasn't, but the rest of them until Disney were independently financed.
>>
>>92752883
>but Star Wars wasn't exactly a self-funded production
Yes it is? From ESB onward, the money came straight from Lucas. He literally put every cent he owned on the line for Empire.
If Empire flopped he would have been straight up homeless.
>>
File: Lucas god.jpg (186KB, 541x604px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas god.jpg
186KB, 541x604px
>>92752907
>>92752945
This is why the film side of SW is dead to me. It's just another corporate product line now. It's not the unfiltered vision of a crazy-man.
In the words of Ash- I admire its purity.
>>
File: a priori.png (373KB, 825x635px) Image search: [Google]
a priori.png
373KB, 825x635px
>>92752945
>>92752907
>if I ignore the evidence that proves you right, you're wrong
>>
>>92753044
>the first one was studio-funded, therefore they all are
Okay
>>
>>92753044
?
this
>>92752945
Is objectively true.

Are you offering new evidence that somehow proves that the 5 films in question were actually studio funded?
>>
>>92753111
>>92753071
>but Star Wars wasn't exactly a self-funded production
I'm surprised I have to ask this on a text-based medium, but do you know how to read?
>>
File: 1492567489965.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492567489965.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>92753044
Mate your original claim was about the PT, not ANH.
The PT were independently financed.
>>
the prequels sucked
>>
>>92753163
see
>>92753161

Also, if you wanted to avoid confusion, why say Star Wars when you mean one specific Star Wars film?
>>
>>92753189
Objective source?
>>
>>92753161
Okay, let's backtrack the discussion if you want to play that game.
>>92752725
>The prequels were independent films.
>>92752781
>image of 20th Century Fox, implying that its involvement disproves the idea that the prequels were independent films
So basically you got proven wrong and now you're doing this whole "w-well I was actually only saying that the first movie, you can't prove I wasn't" song and dance.
>>
>>92753221
this
>>
>>92753219
>>92753189
easiest (you) in my life
>>
>>92753285
You madman!
>>
>>92753285
>no objective source
>>
>>92753197
because the star wars franchise's existence is predicated on the investment of Alan Ladd, Jr, and calling them all "indie movies" is highly disingenuous

>>92753221
if you wanna get back to the REAL original point instead of bitching and moaning like child with a booboo and nitpicking about semantics, it was that the Venator in ROTS looks more realistic because ILM, a hollywood apparatus, had a virtually unlimited budget at the time, whereas TCW, in spite of its very large budget coming straight out of George's pocket and which is solely his baby and arguably independent, did not
>>
>>92753197
>>92753221
>>92753354
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hollywood
QED
>>
>>92753219
>>92753189
>>92753285
>>92753304
>>92753354
these are all me
>>
>>92753354
>calling them all "indie movies" is highly disingenuous
If they're independently financed outside the studio system that's literally what they are.
>>
>>92753354
>and calling them all "indie movies" is highly disingenuous
I didn't though. I called the PT indie. Which they were.
>>
>anon says something dumb
>gets called out on it
>plays semantic gymnastics to save face
>still gets it wrong
Just give up, dude.
>>
>>92753438
THIS
/argument
Literally irrefutable.
>>
>>92753483
>>92753478
>>92753445
>>92753438
samefags see
>>92753394
>>
File: CwT8QARVQAEpIf6.jpg (77KB, 592x602px) Image search: [Google]
CwT8QARVQAEpIf6.jpg
77KB, 592x602px
>>92753558
>Wikipedia
>>
>>92731663
whoever makes the new thread don't forget to update the links
>>
>>92753558
You can't refute this, (and that article sure doesn't)
>>92753438

The argument ended there. You lost.
>>
File: 1484182217137.png (583KB, 521x621px) Image search: [Google]
1484182217137.png
583KB, 521x621px
>sci-fi Monte Carlo

TLJ already confirmed better than most of the prequels
>>
>>92753704
>TLJ already confirmed better than most of the prequels
Don't I wish. TFA brought me back to reality as far as the quality (or lack thereof) of these new films.
>>
>>92753766
TFA had trash for ideas but solid film quality. that quality + great ideas will make it leagues above prequelshit
>>
who wants to bet it can fly
>>
File: shiggy1.jpg (152KB, 612x445px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy1.jpg
152KB, 612x445px
>>92753704
>>92753802
>>
>>92753802
>but solid film quality.
No?
The framing was uninspired, the directing was an awkward fusion of JJ's ADHD style and him trying to emulate Lucas' slower, more painterly style, the editing was never more than serviceable, etc...

Plus JJ is a lying kike and used CGI for every major ship sequence in the movie. (i.e. when they weren't parked, it was pretty much CG all the way.)
>>
>>92753687
Except it didn't because all New Hollywood relates to is an auteur movement within the studio system and has nothing to do with financially independent filmmaking. So basically you're doing this again: >>92753478
>>
File: Venator ROTS.webm (3MB, 610x260px) Image search: [Google]
Venator ROTS.webm
3MB, 610x260px
Best ship
>>
Rogue One was the first proper Lucasfilm production since ROTS and the quality shows through
>>
>>92753942
>and has nothing to do with financially independent filmmaking.
...Yes? We agree I guess.
That's irrelevant to the fact that the PT is indie by definition.
>>
>>92753972
Agreed.
The only remaining thing is too tell big stories again.
TFA felt like someone forgot that SW has a universe.
Putting the PT aside, The Thrawn Trilogy did politics and people liked it.
>>
>>92754027
Hell, ANH had politics in it and nobody minded it. The complete aversion to them in TFA to the point of failing to even flesh out the setting is just baffling.
>>
Will TLJ have Snoke playing poker?
>>
File: Simon-Pegg.jpg (2MB, 2048x1538px) Image search: [Google]
Simon-Pegg.jpg
2MB, 2048x1538px
>>92754091
JJ LITERALLY fell for the RLM meme. His buddy Simon Pegg drank Mike's kool-aid and whispered into JJ's ear.
>>
NEW
>>92754476
>>92754476
>>92754476
>>
File: venatorbridgesTCW.png (231KB, 397x364px) Image search: [Google]
venatorbridgesTCW.png
231KB, 397x364px
>>92752670
Personally, the design of the exterior of the bridge accurately reflects the interior, unlike ROTS. As well, I fucking love how the conning towers are painted red on the personal ships of the Jedi.

>>92752684
Look at pic related. Notice that the Bridge is actually rounded at the front.
Thread posts: 545
Thread images: 145

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.