/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15

File: redemption.png (328KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
redemption.png
328KB, 1000x333px
Well here it is. Tonight we get the official induction of Rachel into the Dumbiverse rogues gallery.

Also, Robin. Put on some goddamn pants. Jesus.
>>
>>92730607
>btfo Ruth Amber and Robin simultaneously?
Rachel the god? Do I actually like a DoA character in 2017?
>>
>>92730607
Oh look: Title drop of the this story arch. Also, nice villainous monologue Willis, tip-top grade A writing. Really NAILS the average college female or something, no really it does!
>>
File: C66133gVsAA3UuZ.jpg (65KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
C66133gVsAA3UuZ.jpg
65KB, 590x350px
>>92730607
>redemption isn't real

Sounds like someone hasn't sorted themselves out
>>
>>92730607
ok but willis actually believes this so does that make rachel the hero
>>
>>92730607
Okay, Willis, stop. You had us liking Rachel when she was simply calling Ruth out for her shit.

You're driving another character from "reasonable person with valid complaints" into "vengeful supervillain" again...quit it.
>>
>>92730607
>Redemption is only a story

No it's not Willis. Like you really think this?
>>
>>92730607
Hang on here; I thought Willis was writing this as Joyce finding redemption from her old and bigoted ways and that she was autobiographical?
>>
>>92730804
redemption is only real for the people he likes
>>
>>92730714
Willis could use professor peterson's advice the most out of anyone I know, but he's probably too far gone for it.

He's ideologically posessed, has accepted a low responsability nihilistic world view, and hates his parents, how can he even begin to rescue his father from the belly of the whale?
>>
Can Willis write believable dialogue for once in his goddamn life?

All of his characters speak like they spend 10 hours a day on Reddit and TV Tropes
>>
>>92730804
Is right.
>>92730822
And he does like Robin, Ruth and Amber so they will turn out right.
>>
>>92730607
So I guess this is why Willis has had Rachel appear more often; he ran out of people who would have a reason to yell at Ruth and weren't already punched in the face by her.

Also, the thing about redemption is that Rachel is half-right. Not everybody gets it. It has to be earned. And both Ruth and Robin aren't quite in line with what could be considered earning a chance at redemption.
Robin's already lost everything, so unless Willis keeps her going as a politician then there's no real reason for her to have a redemption arc. Meanwhile, Ruth doesn't deserve much in the way of redemption either. Rachel's right in that Ruth will probably always be the person she is, especially with Billie enabling her.

I dunno what Amber has to be sad about. Is it her big boobs and her shitty haircut?

>>92730691
The title comes from a Jonathan Coulton song. I meant to bring that up before. I should see what other sings the other DoA chapter titles reference.

>>92730728
She's yelling at Ruth, so the answer is "No".

>>92730804
I wish he had stuck with one primary focal point. "Hey Arnold" didn't become about multiple characters until a few seasons into its lifespan.
>>
File: peterson ride the tiger.jpg (3MB, 2004x1704px) Image search: [Google]
peterson ride the tiger.jpg
3MB, 2004x1704px
>>92730607
I disagree, but I actually think Willis does as well. He'll have Ruth go through some meme trials and have a few token panels where she gets better in her attitude.

Only for her to regress a few strips after that, not because redemption isn't real, but because Willis writing is inevitably regressing.

>>92730714
Peterson memes are so fucking quality damn.
>>
>>92730875
>Last time I posted screenshots from the comments section on Patreon it got deleted and I got a warning, so no more of those.

Okay I was wondering why that got deleted. But why that and the warning? Did a janny think you were doxxing?
>>
>>92730714
>>92730846

Who the fuck is this?
What does "rescue your father from the underworld" even mean?
>>
>>92730848
He writes what he knows.
>>
Shit, why did my stuff get deleted again? I didn't even post a fucking screenshot!
>>
>>92730875
My favorite is the one is really angry about Rachel for using the word "thug" towards Ruth "in this day and age".
>>
>>92730937
Gees, I see it got deleted too. What the hells going on?
>>
File: 2017-03-22-snice[1].png (329KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-22-snice[1].png
329KB, 1000x333px
>>92730875
>Last time I posted screenshots from the comments section on Patreon it got deleted and I got a warning, so no more of those.
I figured as much, although I found it weird that only the Cerb post got deleted.

Also, pic related kinda shows that even though Rachel has a really limited grasp of Ruth's behaviour, she still basically right. When Ruth is pushed or feeling bad she will definitely "kick the cat" and take it out on those she can touch. Maybe that will change at some point, but she's not in the clear.
>>
File: peterson vaporwave.png (639KB, 1022x639px) Image search: [Google]
peterson vaporwave.png
639KB, 1022x639px
>>92730923
Fight the dragon anon.
You have to become the archetypal hero, go the underworld and fight the dragon. It's not joke Bucko.

>>92730937
Did you blur or blot out the names of users? It's odd but /co/ mods or jannies have these weird standards with off-site screenshots that other boards don't have. Who would fear a raid from /co/ of all places?
>>
>>92730875
>>92730915
>>92730937
Do what I do and greentext the comments.

For example:
>Rachel is assuming that Billie has no agency. That’s awesome!

>Mary you can’t retcon life to make you look good, you noob. Not like she has any other way to keep her egotism and feigned/false innocence and self-righteousness going.
>She actually didn’t swear in that strip. Kinda makes me wonder if she’s ever sworn. And the real mystery is what was she going to call Ruth?!

>She actually didn’t swear in that strip. Kinda makes me wonder if she’s ever sworn. And the real mystery is what was she going to call Ruth?!

>No, no, Rachel, you misunderstand, it was a mutually toxic, self-destructive relationship between two people with suffering from severe depression and a lack of a healthy outlet for their anger and distress!
>… Wait, no, that doesn’t make it sound any better.

>It’s probably worth remembering that Rachel is a sophomore – if she was in this wing last year as well, she’s seen an extra year of mean, alcoholic, bullying Ruth.
>You don’t shake that experience off easily.

Oh, wait, you meant Patreon comments. These are from the new strip posted to the site.

Well, you could try greentexting them anyways.
>>
>>92730994
>Did you blur or blot out the names of users? It's odd but /co/ mods or jannies have these weird standards with off-site screenshots that other boards don't have. Who would fear a raid from /co/ of all places?
Lol no, fuck that if you don't want people to see your opinion then don't post it.
>>
>>92730607
In any other universe, Rachel would be a hero for standing up to the bully.
>>
File: 1490943131907.gif (100KB, 805x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490943131907.gif
100KB, 805x540px
>>92730994
>>92730923
Ok?
I'm guessing this guy is some kind of meme?

I still don't get it
>>
>robin is the real star of the show

whoa
>>
File: AESTHETIC PETERSON.jpg (61KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
AESTHETIC PETERSON.jpg
61KB, 720x479px
Alright lads, what did Cerberus write on this one?
>>
>>92730900
>I dunno what Amber has to be sad about. Is it her big boobs and her shitty haircut?
She's constantly beating herself up about her violent attitude and past misdeeds. Also she has literally created a different persona who she thinks is separate from all the shitty parts of Amber. So hearing that she can never escape all those aspects of herself is getting her down.
>>
>>92731052
Guess we will never know since posting anything about that thing is a bannable offense or something....
>>
>>92730607
Who is this bitch bringing all this shit to the table? Was she a background character?
>>
>>92731119
Fuck that, it's the highlight of DOA threads and one of the only reasons to stick around. Discussing and speculating on the madness of the character behind the keyboard.
>>
>>92731052
She hasn't written anything yet.

Which means there's gonna' be a long one tonight. I guarantee she's pissed off and about to tell everyone how much she has to deal with this kind of talk or something.
>>
>>92731193
It's amazing how many times Cerb can go "This [insert strip here] reminds me of a time when...." every fucking day like she gets outta the house that often.
>>
>>92730915
The issue, as far as I can tell, is that discussing the commentors is against the rules. We're supposed to ONLY discuss comics and cartoons. I've gotten warnings for off-topic comments in on-topic posts. Try to focus on the comic itself, and if you must discuss the comments (which is really fun), you gotta also talk about the comic.

>>92730978
I know Billie is trying to lighten the tension and everything, but she seriously needs to work on her comedic timing. Also, the word "an" should be before "R.A." Just saying.

Ruth and Billie are violent bullies. The only reason they should be together is so they can't ruin someone else's life by being in a relationship with them.
>>
So, how come Billie isn't punching Rachel right now? That's way more than is usually said before she starts punching people.
>>
>>92731159
She's prominent in the Walkyverse but has mostly been a background character until recently.
>>
File: MaryCarlaWall2.jpg (972KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MaryCarlaWall2.jpg
972KB, 2048x1536px
>>92731249
>Try to focus on the comic itself, and if you must discuss the comments (which is really fun), you gotta also talk about the comic.
I think that's how I get away with greentext-ing the comments. I do point out if a specific person is making the comment (Cerebus, mostly), but I don't do it for every commenter.

>>92731302
Ruth's here to hold her back.
Plus, she and Mary are off-screen, which probably means that Billie is busy punching her repeatedly.

Speaking of Mary, I have no excuse to do so but I'm posting this again.
>>
>>92731359
God I wish those two would just fuck already. So much sexual tension built up in those roller blades.
>>
File: MaryCarlaWall0.jpg (977KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MaryCarlaWall0.jpg
977KB, 2048x1536px
>>92731377
Mary always makes sure to leave room for the Holy Spirit.
>>
File: Mary Carla.png (543KB, 1640x1422px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Carla.png
543KB, 1640x1422px
>>92731377
>>
>>92731490
I commissioned that.
>>
>>92731552
You did god's work.
>>
>>92731359
>mary hates carla because carla looks more like a chick than her
>>
File: MaryCarlaWall1.jpg (983KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
MaryCarlaWall1.jpg
983KB, 2048x1536px
>>92731643
>mary loves carla because carla's a man where it counts
>>
>>92731675
>She's also girthy, long, powerful and enduring, yet feminine where it counts.
Although, I'm sure Mary is mad that Carla keeps stretching out her wrist bands.
>>
>>92731799
The wrist bands aren't the only thing Carla is stretching out.
>>
>>92730607
Did Ruth piss in Rachel's cornflakes?
>>
>>92731839
Indeed, she's also been stretching Mary's patience to its limits, to a point where Mary has no choice but to break or concede.

Still, the crux of their relationship falls upon their natural chemistry.
>>
>>92731885
She's also stretching Mary's worldview, limited as it is to her small-town Midwest upbringing.
>>
>>92731923
Mary may not openly admit it, but Carla has opened her up to a world beyond her wildest dreams, filling her with such worldly pleasures and knowledge.
>>
File: SarahIsEnjoyingTheThread.png (33KB, 77x326px) Image search: [Google]
SarahIsEnjoyingTheThread.png
33KB, 77x326px
>>92731885
>Indeed, she's also been stretching Mary's patience to its limits, to a point where Mary has no choice but to break or concede.
Well played!

These threads are great.
>>
>>92731968
Mary is quick to point out that opening oneself up is a reciprocal action and strives to push past Carla's barriers so that they can have a deeper connection.
>>
>>92730607
>>92730728
It is quite extraordinary how Willis has no absolutely no self awareness writing this.

That Willis actually thinks he believes in redemption for people when in reality he believes in the complete opposite.

Willis is the most delusional man on the planet.
>>
>>92732039
>she was sure she was going to get another pie in the face
She may turn out to be right after all.
>>
>>92730607

It's always funny when characters try to comment on the nature of the "real world" when DOA has already flagrantly thrown any pretenses of realism out the window because Willis needed his superhero story and his happy lesbian endings.

He's trying to put the genie back in the bottle and it's genuinely amusing.
>>
File: No merit badge forthcoming.png (50KB, 189x333px) Image search: [Google]
No merit badge forthcoming.png
50KB, 189x333px
>>92730994
>/co/ mods or jannies have these weird standards with off-site screenshots that other boards don't have.
Is that anywhere on the site FAQ or rules?
>>
>>92732048
and then they fucked, right?
>>
>>92731034
Not in the Wacky World of Willis.
>>
>>92732146
I'm pretty sure commenting on commentators makes it a metathread.
>>
File: Mary x Carla.png (2MB, 3559x923px) Image search: [Google]
Mary x Carla.png
2MB, 3559x923px
>>92731377
I'm disappointed that they haven't spoken since Mary got pied in the face, but I guess Willis would rather run Robin's career into the ground and stretch out the Raping "Ryan" story line out beyond all reason.
>>
>>92730607
Does this mean ToeDad can be redeemed, Willis? How about (Not)Ryan? How about Mary? Or the kid bully from the flashback? Or Walky's racist(?) parents? How about YOUR parents? Or are the only ones that deserve redemption the ones you like?

>>92732128
Don't forget about the physics-defying car chase of toe-dad! And the wacky jurrasic park joke with the shooter dad! But remember, this is a serious grounded realistic webcomic about serious realistic issues.
>>
>>92732392
Right, it would be far more entertaining if Mary and Carla were sniping at each other with insulting comments or pranks, but Willis had to go and make shit all serious.
>>
>>92730740
Willis probably wants her to become a villain. He pretty much sees the world in Black and White. Which is ironic since he claims he doesn't as op implies he wants to change Ruth and Robin.
>>
File: FloorMeetingFoibles.png (1MB, 1000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
FloorMeetingFoibles.png
1MB, 1000x1332px
>>92732245
Speaking of Mary being a murderous hateful monster who hates being reminded of Carla.

I still find her general mood here to be weird if she's as evil as they say she is. She's happy to see Ruth fail, is happy to ask for an apology, and takes it without raising any sort of stink.

Wouldn't she be upset that this incompetent asshole is back, just like Rachel? Wouldn't she show some fear at the idea of getting attacked in front of people who have mostly all showed that they won't back her up? She seems way more playful than serious, even her line about swearing could be in jest. Maybe her revenge on Carla would've been about not abusing rules to bother others instead of something more sinister. Even when Billie confronted Mary when Ruth was hospitalized, she said "Don't even *try* to guilt me for this. We *all* know Ruthless will be *fine*, and that she got what we *all* know she *deserved*. Fairly serious, but not even hinting at the harm that some think Mary is looking for.

It makes me think that somehow Clint talked to her and gave her some sort of dirt to use on Ruth, but that would be absolutely preposterous. I'll keep mentioning it though in the off chance that it turns out to be right. I guess she might've interacted with Howard instead, now that I think about it. It's just really weird how little we know about how Clint did any of this stuff, or what he did after getting Ruth her job back.
>>
>>92732620
Willis is a bad writer. That's why.
>>
>>92730923
>>92731038
Professor Jordan Peterson is a Canadian psychologist who got famous after he spoke up against the bill C-16 (which basically enforces preferred pronouns on threat of jail and is internally inconsistent).

His newfound fame allowed people to learn of his anti-SJW lectures and rational arguments against what he calls postmodernism. However he is also prone to use colorful metaphors in his talks and analyze things to a ridiculous extent e.g. he talked about the metaphysics of Pepe the frog.

I think you can learn best about him by watching his interviews on Rubin Report. It's up on youtube.
>>
>>92730607
I fucking hate Rachel. Her dimension hopping arc was the final nail in Shortpacked's coffin.
>>
>>92732832
His Joe Rogan podcasts are the best I've ever heard.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.