[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make al ewing books sell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1496042-alewing1.jpg (135KB, 400x548px) Image search: [Google]
1496042-alewing1.jpg
135KB, 400x548px
>>
>>92723170
Give him a pen name like Biff Burger or Carson Fist
>>
Stop overrating them so he can actually improve. Assuming anyone can improve at Marvel.
>>
>>92723170
Send him to DC, Marvel doesn't care unless the writer is SUPERSTAR WRITER BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS or one of their tired and busted shit writers.
>>
>>92723170
I legitimately thought Al Ewing was black.
>>
Ewing appeals to hardcore fans. He doesn't need to be a big seller.

He has a particular audience that really likes what he does and that's all he needs.
>>
>>92723170
Teach him how to write
>>
>>92723593
He needs an audience that will sell above the cancellation level. None of his books do that anymore.
>>
>>92723654
Focusing on sales over quality is never a good thing.

I don't know if they are but if his books break even he should be left alone. They're a product Marvel can be proud of and they don't have many of those these days.
>>
>>92723654
If you took America Chavez and Carol Danvers off Ultimates, it might sell better
>>
>>92723199
Or Byron Michael Bendiss.
>>
>>92723719
>U.S. Avengers 5 17,880
>Ultimates 2 6 17,350
Under different circumstances, those would be dead book numbers.
>>
>>92723777
I know, but it's not exactly unusual for the most acclaimed books to not sell well.

>Vision 12 19,840
>Omega Men 12 8,218

Though I don't know how Ultimates does in TPB compared to those.

If Marvel can justify selling fucking Moon Girl at less than 8k surely they can justify Ultimates 2 at more than twice that.
>>
>>92723980
Moon Girl get to be sold to kids through Scholastic. Ewing just appeals to comic nerds and he doesn't even do a good enough job at that.
Vision and Omega Men were minis. Omega Men was almost truncated at issue 7, but a fan campaign based on the promise Didio made that no book would get cancelled before the year was out saved it.
>>
stop writing black people
>>
>>92723587
Not going to lie, for a while I thought the same.
>>
>>92723170

Ewing is at his best when he's given freedom. He's such a super expert that he can fill in plot holes and mesh in perfectly with events, like we saw with the Loki series.

But he's best when he's telling the stories he wants to tell.

I think Ewing would do best with something like a sequel to Contest of Champions, with that team of Ares, Stick, the nice Punisher, etc, and rather than hewing to an event, he's given the freedom to make the story whatever he wants it to be about.
>>
Just let him write his molecular/cosmic-romance story of Blue Marvel and Spectrum, then ship him to DC.
>>
>>92723170

Reboot him to #1 as a young woman of color.

>>92723587
>>92724340

Funny, so did I. Was there a dimensional shift?
>>
>>92723170
>How do we make al ewing books sell
Contrary to some of the /co/cksuckers hereabouts continuity wanking isn't good writing. It also doesn't appeal to anyone other than other continuity wankers.

Ewing should be editing a line of books rather than trying to write them.
>>
>>92723170
Put him on an A list book instead of Z list.
Unfortunately, though, /co/ would immediately turn on him if that happened.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.