[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dragon Hunter Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Friends_forever.jpg (53KB, 521x396px) Image search: [Google]
Friends_forever.jpg
53KB, 521x396px
Does anyone else remember this show.
It's kinda good actually
>>
>>92716777
I only know of the theme song thanks to /co/ soundtracks.
But it always interested me.
>>
>>92716777
>Opening by the fucking Cure
The movie was good too.
>>
I saw it airing randomly and the theme song called my attention
Pretty good cartoon, love how the hunter isn't just brute force but a well built character, like his love for sewing. The movie was great
>>
>>92716777
Honestly one of the best monster of the week series
>>
>>92716777
Really loved it, despite many of the "dragons" were more monsters.

I loved the finale with the Red Dragon and the movie was spectacular
>>
File: download-19.png (718KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
download-19.png
718KB, 1024x576px
I've seen the first season since it was in English. Normally I don't have a problem with watching shows in another language, but this one relies more on dialog to convey plot points when compared to a lot of other cartoons so it wasn't as easy to follow.

I liked the show, though sometimes the episodes felt like they dragged on longer than they should. You can usually spot padding when characters keep talking after the point has been made, especially with Gwizdo since a trait of his character was that he was difficult to shut up.

Some of the dragons were cool, others were lame or uninteresting. It wished it was willing to go more into the stories of the characters and build on them.

The movie was very perplexing. There was no mention of the inn or any of the supporting cast and can easily be seen as unrelated to the continuity of the show, but at the very same time it was clearly made to serve as an ending to the series. They even went as far as replacing Zaza with a carbon copy character named Zoe which just seemed wrong to me given the context I saw it in. I liked it, but I wish it was more directly tied to the show.

The movie did have a cooler depiction of the floating world that they lived in though, and I liked that they finally found the ground below the floating world.
>>
>>92719004
Well I just took a glance as the show's wikia and apparently the movie is actually a prequel to the series. That's even more perplexing since it really feels like an ending.
>>
>>92716777
I fucking loved this. It was well written, interesting, fun and with a nice RPG feel in it. I'm not even mad that most dragons where more like randomly monsters.

The movie was good, too, but I wonder why they replaced Lian-chu's sword with a flail.
>>
>>92719004
If i recall correctly the girl is the daughter of the inn keeper ( obviously adopted after the movie canon) that later became a dragonhuntress herself
>>
>>92719671
Yes, according to the wiki this info was disclosed in season 2, which I couldn't follow in French.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.