[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you consider manga the same as cartoons? What would happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: co vs a.jpg (133KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
co vs a.jpg
133KB, 500x746px
Do you consider manga the same as cartoons? What would happen if you combined /a/ and /co/? Or maybe just animated cartoons/anime in one board, with manga/comics on another board? How much manga/anime do you consume compared to cartoons/comics?
>>
>>92710798
Personally, it's all the same shit to me. But the board cultures of /a/ and /co/ are incompatible.
>>
File: spongerobert.jpg (114KB, 419x340px)
spongerobert.jpg
114KB, 419x340px
>combining /a/ and /co/ together
>>
File: japanese velma.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
japanese velma.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>92710809
manga threads on /a/ seem exactly the same as comics threads on here

also anime/cartoon threads are 99% of the time waifufag shitfests on both boards
>>
Comics & Cartoons are dead.
I wish they were not dead, but they are.
They are dead because they are devoid of freedom.
It is a cultural problem.
So we lord over the dead of these two stinking pires called Comics & Cartoons and listen to the fires groan.
>Here is the cartoon network lineup of the same 2 shows
>Steven Universe is on hiatus because even flat off-model korean animated filth takes forever to make
>Marvel has replaced all it's first stringers with minorities and women, what could go wrong?
>Calling DC live action films a train wreck is an insult to train wrecks

Japan didn't have the CCA outlawing whole genres.
Japan didn't have the FCC telling them they couldn't make shows of a violent or sexual nature.
Japan gives IP ownership to their creators.
Japan has an actual comic festival and light novel industry where the ones that gain modest popularity get an anime.
Japan is an island nation of 98.5% Japanese meaning they don't need to placate some fiction based affirmative action tripe.
Japan has women who have carved out their own chunk of the creative industries, not to merely exist as diversity hires.
Japan acknowledges that boys like action and girls like romance.
Japan allows jokes about incest and pedophilia and still to this day makes jokes about crossdressers and homosexuals.
Japan simultaneously makes dozens of genuine homosexual romance stories for entertainment and not some stab at being "progressive".
Japan still understands that sex sells.
Japan has animation SEASONS.
Japan makes so many anime that you can afford to drop the mediocre ones.

I just read years 1-4 of injustice and enjoyed it.
Occasionally I'll read a story time of a trashy rag off /co/.
At this point in time I'm waiting for the next season of Miraculious, Star vs., Young Justice and Wakfu meaning I am not watching any cartoons.

I occasionally read eclectic manga from Mangahere.co
Watch probably 2 hours of anime a week.
>>
>>92710798

>Do you consider manga the same as cartoons?
Are you physically retarded? Manga are literally comic books.
>What would happen if you combined /a/ and /co/?
Rectal cancer
>Or maybe just animated cartoons/anime in one board, with manga/comics on another board?
Why combine multiple genres into one board, that's why boards exist.
>How much manga/anime do you consume compared to cartoons/comics?
More cartoons than anime, more manga than comics.

Now go fuck
>>
>>92710809
^this, all the same to me too, but I've never been to /a/ just the anime thread on /wsg/. Guess you meant anime, but same applies to manga and comics, they're the same. The reason the boards are split isn't semantics though.
>>92710798
>How much manga/anime do you consume
Today I only read comics, and pretty much only Euro; I'll look at animations but they're not cartoon series in any way, more student shorts or full Euro productions. I used to follow Fullmetal Alchemist when commuting between countries over 10 years ago, also Blood+ and whatever hotel sat-tv had: Futurama, Daria, etc.
>>
>>92710798
I don't really make the distinction. If I start calling japanese comics manga then I'll have to start saying fumetti and bande dessinee too. That's a lot of pointless nomenclature.

Plus it creates such an unnecessary divide. You get regular manga readers talking about how they can't get into comics. You get comics readers thinking manga doesn't belong in their comic stores. Your image is from an American dude who moved to Japan to make comics so would you call it a manga or a comic?

It's all comics.
>>
>>92710798
Agreeing with the more sensible people in this thread, manga is just a word for comics produced in Japan.

While /a/ and /co/ shouldn't merge per se, I would love a /coma/ - Comics & Manga board that would be simply for the discussion of sequential art narratives (aka comics) regardless of country of origin. >>92710847 is right, manga /a/ and comic /co/ would get along smashingly.
>>
>>92711548
Hell yes.
>>
>>92711548
I don't know man
It will certainly work out when it comes to shounen
When it comes to other genres you would have the "anti weeb" crowd trying to start shit in every thread by crying about "muh purityfags" "muh pedos" "muh why is Japanese norms different"
>>
>>92710798
Drawn stories = manga, comics, graphic novels
Drawn/animated film = anime, cartoons, animation films

Its just a category to talk quicker about things. Its like " im fan of soccer" to avoid "do you think michael phelps will make gold again?"

/a/ and /co/ only exist to minimize threads and that they run though. And to avoid that one theme is spame too much.
>>
>>92710798
They're basically the same thing but with a separate enough demographic that their stories are usually different enough.
Been reading more manga lately cause the sites aren't blocked at work (they don't know to wordblock manga yet).

Combining /a/ and /co/ would be a SHIT SHOW. Populations for both would be big enough that it'd be like clashing armies. Too much content with not enough overlapping fandom. Would devolve to shitposting far too easily.
>>
>>92710798
>What would happen if you combined /a/ and /co/?
Shitposting.
>>
Imo, it could go either way. /co/ includes pretty much everything internationally except Japan, but on the other hand, there is so much content FROM Japan that it's almost equal already. I think that it would be better if there were a comics board and a cartoons board each with the Japanese media allowed on both.
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 756x1008px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 756x1008px
Kill /a/
Send cartoons threads and anime threads to /tv/
Make a /ca/ board of comics and manga
>>
>heaven
/com/ - Comics & Manga

>hell
/ac/ - Anime & Cartoons
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.