[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Put together a team of 5 Guardians of the Galaxy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

File: GOTG.jpg (174KB, 940x529px)
GOTG.jpg
174KB, 940x529px
Only 5. They must be directly related to the Marvel Cosmic, none of this Iron Man or The Thing Bendis bullshit.

My Choices:

Leader: Star-Lord

1st Mate: Time-Displaced Martinex

Weapons Expert: Rocket Raccoon

Healer/Psychic: Mantis

Lancer: Bug
>>
>>92702907
Wat, thing has more comics in space than all those jobbers.

Take all the legion ripoffs from the shiar and comic. Yeee.
>>
>>92703060

Your comment is incoherent.
>>
>>92702907
Ronan
Gladiator
Moondragon
Phyla-Vell
Team Leader: Cosmo

done
>>
File: Anon.png (332KB, 505x374px) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
332KB, 505x374px
>>92703168
>>
File: 1448911314971.jpg (40KB, 595x165px) Image search: [Google]
1448911314971.jpg
40KB, 595x165px
>>92703219
incorrect

it checks all the boxes: Strong Guy, Beam Guy, Lesbian Guy, Lesbian Sword Guy, Dog Guy

there is no box that remains unchecked, many of the boxes are checked twice

it is the perfect team, you may not like it, but it's what peak performance looks like
>>
>>92703322

No Gun Guy though. A Space-Team needs a Gun Guy.
>>
>>92703345
Ronan can shoot energy beams through the universal weapon
>>
File: Death's Head 05.jpg (571KB, 959x1450px) Image search: [Google]
Death's Head 05.jpg
571KB, 959x1450px
Leader: Abigail Brand.
Brawler/weaponry: Death's Head.
Tech/Diplomacy: Brandy Clark in her Starshine armor.
Cosmic Stuff: an all-new Captain Universe.
Psychic: Moondragon.
Screw you I'm not putting one without the other: Phyla-Vell.
>>
>>92703398

A big-ass hammer thing isn't a gun. Star-Lord has the Element Gun. Rocket has many guns. You need guns. Martinex can shoot beams too, but not guns.
>>
>>92702907

Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Moon Dragon
Ego
>>
>>92703414
not bad, but add Rom Spaceknight
>>
>>92703444

So, pretty much The Annihilators?
>>
Gamora
Mantis
Phyla
Moondragon
and...
...Fuck, was there a fifth female member on the team?
>>
>>92703475

Nikki and Aleta from the OG Team.

Angela and Kitty Pryde from Bendis era.
>>
File: ROM - Starshine Reborn.jpg (66KB, 335x758px) Image search: [Google]
ROM - Starshine Reborn.jpg
66KB, 335x758px
>>92703453
You can't. He's in IDW right now. Hence why Brandy Clark. Plus, I like the idea of Brandy as a queen without a planet. I'd try to wedge Ikon in there as well if I could, as sort of her loyal (and only) retainer/knight.
>>
>>92702907
>They must be directly related to the Marvel Cosmic, none of this Iron Man or The Thing Bendis bullshit

Oh yeah, cause DnA didn't include Jack Flagg or Bug.
>>
>>92703555

Bug is related to Marvel Cosmic. He is an alien.

I'll give you Jack Flagg tho.
>>
>>92703444
Why not just make the Annihilators at that point?
>>
>>92703596
Bug is from the Microverse. Not cosmic.
>>
>>92703618

Microverse is Cosmic. It's full of different planets and aliens.
>>
Beta Ray Bill
Cammi
Val Richards
Black Bolt & Medusa
>>
>>92703703

Why are these suggestions so off-the-wall?
>>
>>92703682
It is it's own universe which is as distinct from cosmic as Earth is.
>>
>>92702907

Leader: The Grandmaster
1st Mate: The Runner
Weapons Expert: The Obliterator
Healer: The Caregiver
Lancer: The Champion
>>
>>92703759

Other universes count as Cosmic.
>>
Star-Lord
Moon Dragon
Genis-Vell (resurrected w/ no code name)
Yondu (Time displaced)
Lyja
>>
>>92703791

Finally a serious answer.
>>
>>92703803
Having a Kree and Skrull on the team would be an interesting dynamic. Plus, Genny and Moon Dragon already have history and her relationship with his late sister would be kinda cool to play off on.
>>
File: 1404660021924.png (1MB, 1034x725px) Image search: [Google]
1404660021924.png
1MB, 1034x725px
>>92703745
I didn't choose them because they make sense as a team, I just chose some of my favorite cosmic characters
>>
>>92702907
Star-Lord
Nova (Sam)
Beta Ray Bill
Cosmo
Mantis
>>
>>92702907
Nova (Sam)
Gladiator
Moondragon
Cosmo
Gamora
>>
>>92703974
You know what? Replace Gamora with Star Lord.

Nova (Sam)
Gladiator
Moondragon
Cosmo
Star Lord

I would have Quill act as a mentor to Sam, seeing it as almost a favor to Richard.
>>
You guys think we're gonna be stuck with the movie lineup for good or at least the next few years?
>>
>>92704053
Well, the current comic is going overboard with synergy. I think it'll calm down in about 6 months.
>>
>>92702907
Leader: Jack Flagg
1st Mate: Bug
Weapons Expert: Former Annihilation Wave Trooper
Healer/Psychic: Moondragon
Lancer: A Shi'ar Warrior similar to the one they had during they reformation during Annihilation Conquest
Basic idea is that the main Guardians team is missing in action so a new team is assembled out of former members and few new hires. Jack Flagg assumes the reins and attempts to find the missing members of the original team. Lacking some of the heavy hitters like Drax and Gamorra, they recruit some new faces, including a Shi'ar berserker and a stranded member of the Annihilation Wave.
>>
File: 1389107296098.jpg (513KB, 805x757px) Image search: [Google]
1389107296098.jpg
513KB, 805x757px
>>92702907
>Mantis
>Jack Flag
>Phyla-Vell
>Moon Dragon
>Bug

>Premise: Star Lord died in the Cancer Verse. That is an undisputed fact. So why is there a Peter Quill running around since Bendis' nonsense started? Cause Jack Flag snagged up his identity. Originally it was for more noble endeavors but after a while he just started using it for the notoriety. Mantis has known the entire time, but she let it slide cause, she's Mantis and she can't get involved even though she wants too. But finally a galactic threat too great arises and she can't tolerate the title of Star Lord being used for anymore nonsense, so she's finally taps Flag to get his ass in gear and start guarding the goddamn galaxy instead of all the penny and dime heist nonsense he pulls in other books. Phyla-Vell comes back to life because reasons. Mostly because we already have two Captain Marvels running around, and I think it would be funny if eventually there were 3 that stated training Teddy Altman to be the future king of space in Steven Universe My Three Moms kinda thing. I would consider her return here a stepping stone to that fictitious project.

>>92703555
>>92703596
And Mantis was originally an Avenger. Guardians have always acted as sort of a place where old Earth-Based heroes can be re-purposed for Cosmic adventures. I'd say the rule of thumb is no A-List characters (ie. Kitty Pryde, the Thing, Iron Man). Any obscure characters you'd like to bring in could work, as long as you have a logical, or at least entertaining reason for why they would suddenly be in deep space.
For example if Wonder Man or Tigra suddenly found themselves in space for an extended period of time, I could see them being Guardians of the Galaxy.
>>
>>92704956
pretty standard
>>
Star-Lord
Nova (Richard)
Phylla-Vell
Drax
Rocket
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.