[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: GoodComics.jpg (111KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GoodComics.jpg
111KB, 1200x1200px
What went right?
>>
>>92700349
nothing
>>
File: 1432494026039.jpg (329KB, 500x2035px) Image search: [Google]
1432494026039.jpg
329KB, 500x2035px
>>92700349
The comics division? They gave their manchildren base back the old shit they wanted. And lots of Batman.

The Animation division? They cut costs to the boner by outsourcing the animation frames to Nigeria. (at least it looks that way). Plus it's almost entirely Batman.

The movie division? They don't let critics review the movies until weekend plans are already set, and they jam Batman and/or Joker into most everything.
>>
>>92700367
>>92700397
Nick, man, you okay?

You seem like you have a lot of issues to work on
>>
>>92700349
Kek, literally not a fucking thing
>>
not being Marvel
>>
>>92700349
Everything. Even new 52
>>
>>92700510
>Plus it's almost entirely Batman.
what an odd way to spell Robin
>>
>>92700349
>What went right?

nobody wanted to admit capes comics are a nostalgia market

DC doubled down on nostalgia

Marvel keeps trying "innovate" the equivalent of tv dinners
>>
They took a battering on sales over the last few years and actually took the time to think about what went wrong and corrected course. By all accounts, they've improved the treatment of their creative talent and take steps to cultivate new talent and secure what they do have. i.e. It's not just the same three bozos writing every book the way it feels like Spencer, Waid, and Bendis write every fucking Marvel book.

We've had tons of threads about how people like Humphries and Bennett write decently readable books at DC as opposed to absolute dogshit or the way Soule and Lemire went from great and average books at DC to average and awful books at Marvel. There's such a noticeable drop in quality between the same fucking creative teams at each company, you know the ball's getting dropped at the editorial level.
>>
Can someone recommend me good Superman stories? I'm trying to get into DC and I want to hold conversations about Supes.

kinda unreaIated but i finished The Long Halloween and it was bretty good minus the ending.
>>
>>92700349
Not being owned by Disney.
>>
>>92704365
http://corecommendedcomics.wikia.com/wiki/Superman

I recommend going with Birthright, For All Seasons, Lex Luthor, Red Son, Kingdom Come, and All-Star if you're going to be reading physical copies since they're in like every bookstore and pick-up-and-read friendly. The single issues on there are classics though so if you're reading digitally/pirating then go through those first as a lot of people insist on doing background reading to really get the "full effect" of All-Star or Kingdom Come or whatnot (which I personally think is unnecessary but probably varies from person to person). Anyway tl;dr that site has a good list.
>>
>>92704519
Kingdom Come is a dogshit Superman story though.
>>
>>92704596
I disagree. Kingdom Come is an amazing Superman story, about him coming to terms with being a figurehead for a world he no longer understands, but helped define.
>>
>>92704596
Even if you end up disliking it, it's pretty much required reading if you want to talk about comics/Superman with anyone else. It'd be like telling someone not to read The Metamorphosis because Kafka wrote better works. It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>92700349
Based Geoff Johns.
>>
>>92700349

Snyder.
>>
None of that SJW crap.
I'm okay with diversity (like the Chinese Supe comics) but not shit like Miss Carpet Munching Chola.
>>
>>92704642
OK, explain to me how a story in which Superman QUITS just because people don't like him anymore is good. A story in which he gets pussywhipped by an OOC Wonder Woman into turning into a fascist prick. A story that ends with him trying to murder a bunch of people because they DARED to defend themselves. Please, I'd love to hear this, I need a laugh.
>>
>>92700349

>>92704062
>>
>>92700397
>movies

that's WB

unlike Disney, WB never created a separate studio for superhero movies

there literally IS NO SUCH THING as "DC movies"
>>
>>92700349
>What went right?

New 52
>>
>>92700510
>manchildren base

the "manchildren" audience is the reddit audience, which ONLY reads Marvel
>>
>>92706040
>Miss Carpet Munching Chola
who's that?
>>
>>92706241
You must be new to "Let Them Eat Cake" beat. That is Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>92706241
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholo
>>
>>92704426
this is important
>>
>>92706241
America, I guess?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.