[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: possible comic-universe crimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

Would approaching a Kryptonian with a piece of kryptonite count as assault or attempted murder even if it was not your intention ?
>>
>>92691362
Considering Supes and his family are the only legit Kryptonian inhabitants, I'd say Possession of a Dangerous Substance.
>>
If a guy used his powers to do a job that normally took 8 men and specialized equipment, would that guy be entitled to the pay of 8 men?
>>
>>92691362
Gee, I dunno, imagine a guy casually walking around with plutonium.
>>
>>92691362
Is there a use for Kryptonite besides killing Kryptonian?
>>
>>92691499
Not unless the people doing less work are women.
>>
I miss the time Batman was Supergirl's uncle.
>>
Superhero looks so tasty
>>
>>92691499
It would be up to the super-worker to negotiate. Supply and demand and all that. Could he do the job better and faster than the eight men? If so, how important is that? The contractor would have to weigh up if it's worth hiring a meta or if it would be cheaper to pay eight regular guys to do the job at normal speed.

Supply and demand usually balances these things out,
>>
>>92691362
No, assuming you can prove your intent of course, and depending on your background, maybe reckless endangerment or something like that.

>>92691499
Depends on the guys negotiated pay. If he knows he can do the work 8 men maybe he could negotiate for the pay of 5 or 6. But if he was hired as a regular employee and just so happens to work extra hard he's not really entitled to more than average pay.

Do you think courts/lawyers screen out psychics during jury selection?
>>
Would it make you a war criminal if you accidentally start a war by calling Namor or Black Panther a faggot on the internet?
>>
I assume metas would be banned from competing in sporting events.

I wonder if anyone would be impressed by magic tricks and circus acts if metahumans were somewhat regular?
>>
>>92691792
healing a kryptonian?
>surgery
>>
What would happen if a time traveler accidentally recorded himself while on a murder/rape spree in the future? Should he be held accountable if he's not going to commit the crimes this time around?

I would absolutely kill the shit out of a lot of people I know irl if I could open a portal and undo it all afterwards. Should that be a crime?
>>
>>92693491
Well the thing is technically that person did murder someone in the natural course of his lifetime even if it still had to happen for the rest of the world
>>
>>92691362
How long would you go to prison for trying to give yourself superpowers?
>>
Would the Flash be fined for speeding?
>>
>>92691362
>Would approaching a Kryptonian with a piece of kryptonite count as assault or attempted murder even if it was not your intention ?

Assault and murder require intention. Without intention it would be manslaughter or recklessness.
>>
>>92693348
>I wonder if anyone would be impressed by magic tricks and circus acts if metahumans were somewhat regular?

Maybe smaller more "refined" audiences that appreciate the skill of a performance more so than the feat itself.

>>92695080
>Would the Flash be fined for speeding?

Speeding is usually a vehicular offense, isn't it?
>>
>>92693491
Depends on what kind of time travel the fiction uses. If it's the type where it spawns alternate timelines, then he still technically did it in one timeline, so he should still be charged. If it's the type where there's always only one timeline and time travel just changes that one, then no since he hasn't done anything, it'd be like charging someone for thinking about killing someone.
>>
>>92691792
Snorting
>>
>>92693390
Couldn't they use magic blades too?
>>
>>92691362
Kryptonite is generally portrayed as dangerous in general (at the least it's radioactive, and then you've got Smallville shit where Kryptonite can drive you crazy and give you superpowers), so carrying it around should probably still be a crime even if you never go near Supes.
>>
>>92695216
Ultraman please
>>
>>92691362
Does approaching someone with a peanut allergy with a bag of salted nuts count as attempted murder? How many people in the public know about kryptonite anyway?
>>
>>92691792
It's a better power source than Uranium.
>>
>>92695701
Nuts won't kill someone with a peanut allergy just by proximity.
>>
>>92695219
I guess but I'd prefer to deal with a scalpel albeit made from a weird material, rather than to hire someone to enchant a knife
>>
>>92695890
A magic blade would just cut him though without any side effects. Using a kryptonite blade is like doing surgery with a scalpel you just took a shit on. Sure it'll still cut them, but it's not a great idea.
>>
File: flash2.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
flash2.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
>>92695175
You can get a DUI on a bicycle or a horse, Flash might be liable for speeding tickets on foot.
>>
>>92693348
Let them have their own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnmCFJ--S2c
>>
>>92691499
Fair, yes, practical, not at all, if one of your guys fails, you have 7 other to cover, but if the 1 super fails, no one can cover.
>>
>>92693348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKQvWCZZj8
>>
>>92696055
I don't know.
Those are still riding on something, I'm sure you could get him on all kinds of Jaywalking offenses though.
>>
>>92693348
Just like regular folk are banned from participating on the paralympics , and they get their own games, like swing the tanker, race to the moon, ho can run arround the world more times in 10 minutes, etc, or even better, hero gholimpics, who can save more people from a building on fire or do it faster, solve really elaborated puzles for super smart/detective heroes and shit like that.
>>
>>92696367
>the villain version is just 'steal the heroes medals before their events end'
>>
>>92695937
Unless the magical blade was also enchanted to retard his healing then just cutting him open won't be much help. With kryptonites depowering effects you render their tissue malleable and slow their regenerative functions enough to actually get work done.
>>
What would be the penalty for transforming somebody against their will?
>>
>>92696453
It'd be Aggravated battery I guess. Akin to mutilation.
>>
>>92691792
Cancer, all of the cancer.
>>
>>92693278
No Reed Richards would vouch for you.. or Tony cause that would make them laugh.
While you are at it call Loki a fag to his face, Thor is now your best buddy.
>>
>>92691362
Considering Batman has no problem brutally assaulting criminals to the point that they need traction. A litigious guy could easily sue the fuck out of Gotham city if Batman does enough damage to that he can't ever have a normal life again. Hell, just a concussion alone would be enough for a case.
>>
>>92691362
Honestly, it could be a several bunch of crimes. But used the way Batman use it, it could considered attempted homicide, making the Bat as bad as the people he goes after.
>>
>>92698354
This would be a fun read.
>>
>>92695937
>>92696422

How about not using the kryptonite as the material for the blade, but just keeping it near the operation? Even in a glass container.
>>
>>92691362
Does the Batmobile get tickets for speeding or going through lights chasing Joker? Do normal citizens have to pull over till it passes like a cop car? It's probably hard to see and hear a vehicle like that coming.
>>
File: 3563456345.png (656KB, 448x624px) Image search: [Google]
3563456345.png
656KB, 448x624px
>>92698454
Class action lawsuit against Gotham for Batman's brutality on behalf of those affected by him. Fun fact: Vigilantism isn't illegal just because a civilian is possibly taking it upon themselves to be above the law doing a cop's or judge's job for them, it's far more illegal for the fact that vigilantism opens the city and state (or Provence) to litigation, litigation by criminals or affected peoples that the aforementioned parties want no part in. When you are a vigilante not only can your victims sue you but you open yourself to the government or state/Provence/territory suing you as well on behalf of the citizenry you put at risk, regardless of the good you may have done you are still costing the [insert governing body here] money and time.

The money issue Bruce Wayne can handle, but the governmental issuance of liability is something Batman would not be able to avoid. The fact that the Gotham PD is working in cahoots with him is another liability issue in itself because said criminals could easily sue for that as well, not only opening a case against Gotham itself but the Gotham PD on grounds of negligence.

Amusingly, this sort of thing was totally avoided in the Silver Age because Batman was an official deputy of the Gotham PD, making him a a city employee with full legal grounds to stop crime. Correct me if I'm wrong but ReBirth Batman does not have a diamond encrusted Gotham police badge.
>>
>>92698546
That achieves the same effect. It's not wholly different from what happened with Public Enemies where Alfred used regular surgical equipment to extract the kryptonite bullet from his chest.
>>
File: 832868-lex_luthor.jpg (38KB, 325x479px) Image search: [Google]
832868-lex_luthor.jpg
38KB, 325x479px
In this day and age, I think Lex would have more success trying to deport Superman from Earth for being an illegal alien.
>>
>>92699064
I'm sure Gordon makes it easy for Batman
>>
File: hmm..jpg (19KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
hmm..jpg
19KB, 500x347px
>>92699348
> HE'S AN ALIEN!
> but he's been saving lives internationally for decades
> ALIEN
>
>>
Green Arrow easy, unlicensed weapons charges. For reference, just try to walk around any town with a bow and a quiver of lethal arrows, you'd be arrested in short order unless you lived in a bumfuck hicktown.
>>
>>92701175
In this very special issue, Superman gets a greencard.
>>
>>92691499
No.

Why should you pay him that much?

He'd get the pay of maybe two or three men.
>>
>>92703613
>Why should you pay him that much?
For doing the work of eight men.
>>
>>92691362
I think they could sense it beforehand and move away
>>
>>92691534
But plutoniums bad for everyone kryptonites bad for what a few people.
>>
>>92705746
You don't pay workers double pay when you fire another worker and give them the other workers responsibilities.
>>
>>92707910
You mean you don't, scumbag.
>>
>>92691362
Can a Superhero patent his superpower, so if another guy gets the same power he has to pay him?
>>
>>92691362
No, because you didn't know
>>
>>92708220
Knowing how money-hungry lawyers are, the answer is: fuck yes.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.