[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Marvel have almost zero different genre titles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Marvel.png (16KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel.png
16KB, 800x362px
Marvel publishes more comics than any other publisher, yet they only produce books featuring their mainline cape universe which are all some variation of action-comedy due to trying to cash in the movies and Star Wars comics.

Image, by it's nature as a self-publisher, features a variety of different genres among it's lineup. DC has it's basic mainline cape universe, a cartoony Hanna Barbera and soon Loony Tunes line, a more strange and mature Young Animal imprint, a bloodier paramilitary imprint that's starting up in Wildstorm, and their varied genre self-publisher Vertigo imprint. And that's not even going into the various smaller imprints that push out all manner of things.

It completely baffles me that the biggest publisher in comics is almost completely uniform in the books that they put out.
>>
>>92689671
>they only produce books featuring their mainline cape universe

Today, OP was wrong

Better luck next time, kid
>>
>>92689703
By all means, do not provide examples.
>>
>>92689703
http://comics.gocollect.com/new/this/month/marvel

>Oh look, there's a single issue of Powers this month to break up capeshit and Star Wars.
Sorry I'm wrong, bro.
>>
Marvel tried to get some tumblr girls to buy comics with Patsy Walker type stuff, but that didn't really work.
Marvel is doubling down on their legacies right now, which I'm sure will work out for them in the long run.
Marvel has just got really shit editors that have bad ideas and decisions, and have no idea how to adequately evaluate talent.
>>
Western and Horror books don't sell
>>
OP makes it out like the majority of DC's books aren't generic Rebirth shit

>Hanna Barbera
Every ongoing bar one cancelled/finished, some annuals tieing into the DCU

>Young Animal
Four ongoings and a mini

>Wildstorm
Only one ongoing so far

>Vertigo
Literally a handful of books that are either long-running series or minis that nobody talks about/get cancelled
>>
>>92689913
>Marvel has just got really shit editors that have bad ideas and decisions, and have no idea how to adequately evaluate talent.

I think this is the source of most of Mavel's problems. Just poor stewardship all around.
>>
>>92690043
>OP makes it out like the majority of DC's books aren't generic Rebirth shit
But that... that's the point OP is asking about. DC has a big core universe title for mass-market sales but also publishes smaller selling but genre diverse niche titles for variety and to make sure people of varied tastes have a book they can go to. While Marvel is just completely mass-market with core universe Marvel titles and core universe Star Wars titles and I guess a Bendis cape book whenever he gets around to it.
>>
>>92690065
Perlmutter must be removed if Marvel is to ever hope of recovery. The man is just a black hole.
>>
>>92690170
It's easy to blame one person, but I would do a review of Marvel's entire editorial staff.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.