[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like to think I can still see where people are coming from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7673.jpg (56KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7673.jpg
56KB, 655x360px
I like to think I can still see where people are coming from when I disagree with them, but why do people like Drax in Guardians 2? I honestly would love to know. He's such an insufferable dumbass for the entire movie, and the first MCU character I flat out can't stand. I'd genuinely like to hear from people who liked Drax, enlighten me please.
>>
>>92686237
I didn't HATE him, but he certainly felt flanderized from the first movie. Most of the characters did, save Rocket, Yondu, and Gomora.

In the first movie I liked Gunn's Drax because it showed that he was a fierce and cunning warrior, but his literal approach made for funny miscommunication. He wasn't stupid, just took everything seriously.

In the second movie he just says whatever he is thinking constantly, which isn't the same as being literal. He also seems a lot less competent, and more of an asshole instead of just lovable.

I hated Baby Groot. He was a little shit, and wasn't even funny.
>>
>>92686237

Why do you want us to explain the joke? You're not going to find it funny anyway.
>>
>>92686386
You're right, I won't find it funny, but I want to hear what others have to say.
>>
>>92686237

I laughed in the opening scene. Also every once in awhile even if most of his Schick was weak.

I didnt hate him though.
>>
>>92686237

I loved him, but I know a lot of people who didn't. I think it's because he was so transparent, the literal thing possibly could have gotten old so they took him somewhere else.

He has nothing to hide. While others are fighting their inner demons and putting on airs, "I don't need a dad," "I don't love my sister," "I'm just an asshole raccoon," he was pure.

That's why they put him with Mantis because she was pure as well, but had no idea how people thought and were, but with him there was no guessing. He just... was. Like a breath of fresh air, or something different for contrast. Kind of like everyone else was a milkshakes, and he was fries, you wouldn't think they go well together, but they do.

That's how I thought about it anyway.
>>
>>92686237
He was an entertaining vehicle to take the piss out of certain aspects of the movie. Mostly the Peter/Gamora romantic angle. He's also one of the few characters who's arc ran it's course in the first film.
>>
Everyone forgets the scene he made Mantis cry.
>>
>>92686583
That's a good way to look at it, thank you for that.
>>
>>92686605
This, and the few scenes where his arc is revisited in the sequel are fucking fantastic, like when he's reminiscing about his wife and daughter to Mantis. He's a man who's come to accept the fate of his family (thanks in no small part to his part in the death of the one responsible), so now all that's left for him as a character is his blunt sense of "humor".

It also sets up an opening for future character growth. One of the recurring themes of the movies is that the Guardians are a family, and as such Drax likely regards his friends with a platonic love similar to what he had with his deceased family. Can you imagine what Drax would go through if he believes his new family has died? It would tear open that old wound and pour new salt into it.
>>
>>92686583
>>92686605
>>92687965
These.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.