[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: file.png (953KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
953KB, 1400x700px
Disappointment.
>>
You are.
>>
Compared to your expectations
>>
>>92680097
Is something this show is not.
>>
>>92680097

we can get past it together
>>
>>92680097

monkey bitch dragged the whole thing down

it could've been great
>>
>>92680097
Your expectations were unreasonably high for a mere 10 episode season.
>>
File: 1492724895024.jpg (110KB, 685x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1492724895024.jpg
110KB, 685x1023px
>>92680107
>Compared to your expectations

I agree with this anon.
You need to lower your expectations - ALOT. I didn't expect much and I wasn't disappointed at all!
>>
>>92680153
Technically most films last less than that, so not an argument.
>>
>>92680097
He undid the future that is Aku. What's there to be disappointed about?
>>
>>92680097
>>92680153
>>92680167
>>
>>92680189
The waifu vanishing
>>
>>92680198
Pretty much how I felt about the finale.
>>
>>92680223
yeah that was some fuckin shit
>>
It's such a shame because the first episodes were so good, it finally seemed like we got the mature, action-based, non-shit cartoon we always wanted, but then BOOM it goes in the same direction everything else the past few years have gone, shitty character development, forced drama and romance, poor pacing, shitty conclusions to potentially good plot points and of course the obligatory bittersweet ending.

Hell I wanted Jack to go back and I was still disappointed, what the fuck went so wrong? And I don't mean Ashi, I mean what the fuck made the man that made the original 4 seasons look at season 5 and say "Yes, this is okay"?
>>
>>92680097
Ok Genndy, you finished Samurai Jack.

Now go and finish Sym-Biotic Titan. I don't care if it moves to Adult Swim or Netflix, as long as it doesn't have to survive on kids toy sales.
>>
>>92680153
>unreasonably high

The first three episodes completely blew away everyone's expectations. What's unreasonable about expecting the same level of quality for the whole season?
>>
>>92680286
I think it was just because it was rushed. They needed to summarize 4 seasons and five, down to 10 episodes.
I still like the bittersweet ending to it though. Technically he got what he wanted, and he still seemed to have hope.
Just as he gave hope to Aishi, she gave hope to Jack.
>>
File: King Jack.jpg (112KB, 1189x890px) Image search: [Google]
King Jack.jpg
112KB, 1189x890px
>>92680097
Man! This is how the ending should have been:

Jack has epic battle with Aku.
Jack Kills Aku.
Jack is unanimously declared the king by all civilizations.
Jack stays in the future and marries and lives with Aishi, have kids, etc.
Their kids are grown up and Aishi is old; however Jack is still ageless.
Jack says his goodbye because he knows he has to undo everything.
Jack goes back to the guardian of the portal (S03E06) and defeats him.
Jack does back in time and kills Aku.
Then that tree and butterfly scene plays out.

What do y'all think?
>>
File: 1495414684209.png (1MB, 1618x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495414684209.png
1MB, 1618x360px
JUST
U
S
T
>>
File: King jack 2.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
King jack 2.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>92680957
>>
File: 1490493947716.gif (800KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490493947716.gif
800KB, 500x500px
>>92680981
SPOT ON 10/10
>>
What's so frustrating is that I fucking loved every episode of season 5 up until the clusterfuck of an ending.

"Lol, let's create let's create and focus on a new character for people to get invested in, have themes of this season revolve around letting go of the past and finding hope in the future, and let's spend an entire episode exploring people saved and inspired by Jack. Then let's throw Jack back to the past in the last 5 min of the series an entire timeline of people we've been focusing on and shit on all the hope for the future shit. What could go wrong!?"
>>
>>92681425
>> "Erase an entire timeline"

Forgive my rushed, spastic, frustrated typing, lol.
>>
File: andy.jpg (24KB, 300x222px) Image search: [Google]
andy.jpg
24KB, 300x222px
>>92680097
Look, guys! I'm shitting on something that everyone was looking forward to and didn't meet my unrealistic expectations! I bet you faggots wish you had refined taste like me! XD
>>
>>92680097
Nope
SU S3/4 is trash/Disappointment.
The SJ ending was actually great , not fantatic but only great
>buh meh happy ending ;(((
>buh muh eshii!!
self insert faggots , the all of you
Jack was made for suffering
>>
>>92681474
It's okay. Everyone is fuckmad at the ending. I'm hoping in approximately 4 days everyone will have buried it somewhere in their subconscious. Or someone will have killed Genndy.
>>
File: bittersweet.jpg (76KB, 892x375px) Image search: [Google]
bittersweet.jpg
76KB, 892x375px
I am still mad
I will always be mad.
On my death bed I will be mad.
When the seas heat up and the world falls into global catastrophe I will still be fucking mad.
In the afterlife, when I get to the gates of Heaven, St. Peter and his angels will ask me "Are you still mad about Episode CI?" My answer will be yes.
When the race of man is no more and the ruins of man's cities have crumbled into dust, I will still be mad.
Ancient alien civilizations will find the smoldering, volcanic corpse of planet Earth and decode the secrets of the ancient "internet" and they will find this post and so my eternal anger will be brought forth into the far-flung reaches of outer space.
When the last tiny flash of heat in the universe dies and all descends into entropy, my hatred will remain.

I'm still so fucking mad I took the time to write this stupid fucking post and I'm not the slightest bit less mad. I fucking hate you Genndy.
>>
>>92681529
>want something to be good and matches the tone of the story with a satisfying ending, whether good or bad is an unrealistic expectation

You're right, next time I'll just lower my expectations to accept anything thrown at me.
>>
>>92680153

Would be enough if Genndy didn't force retarded Ashi in. Whole pacing and atmopshere got ruined the moment she got introduced.
>>
>>92681537
If Gravity Falls and Korra are any indication we're going to keep talking about this for two years, perhaps even more.
>>
>>92681579
This, Genndy said he wanted people to leave the final episode wanting to watch his next work, but after that bait and switch in particular, I don't think I want to invest myself in another story by him.
>>
How is Jack still in the past when it was Ashi that brought him back with her powers in the first place?
>>
>>92681651
>>92681691
Well you see, it was well thought out and addressed. you clearly just didn't understand it.
>>
>>92681779
fill me in
>>
>>92682019
Well once they show up in the past together __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________It actually was not foreshadowed or hinted towards thematically, I'm just using sarcasm to vent my rage___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.