[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was really fucking good. #WWScreening discussion Post?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 11

File: WW.jpg_large.jpg (79KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
WW.jpg_large.jpg
79KB, 509x755px
It was really fucking good.

#WWScreening discussion Post?
>>
>Hashtags

Be more subtle next time.
>>
>>92679707
I don't believe you.

None of the other DCEU movies have been good. What makes this one good?
>>
>>92679736
Scared of it happening to you, grandpa?
>>
>All this good word of mouth about WW
I'm so fucking hyped.
>>
>>92679736
>If they used Hashtags then that means OP is a shill.

Okay.

>>92679760
A lack of WB meddling with the final product helped. I actually liked BvS Ultimate edition and MoS.

I will say that the beginning of the movie was pretty slow but once Diana and Steve go to London it starts to pick up.
>>
Oh and I liked how Diana's base of operations in the present day is in Paris: The City of Love.

Thank you based Patty.
>>
>>92679920
more like the city of muslim refugees
>>
>>92679804
>All this good word of mouth about BvS
>All this good word of mouth about SS

You fags never learn do you?
>>
>>92679849
>>If they used Hashtags then that means OP is a shill.

At the very least it means he's an idiot
>>
>>92680027
Except this time actual critics got an early screening to along with an embargo that was actually moved up.

If you don't want to see then whatever but don't try to pretend that the word of mouth that WW is getting is comparable to BvS and SS.

>>92680052
What's it like getting this mad about a hashtag?
>>
>>92679849
>I actually liked BvS Ultimate edition and MoS.

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>92680086
>actual critics
>buzzfeed, io9
>>
>>92679707
>>92679849
>#
>I actually liked BvS Ultimate edition and MoS

Yeah, you totally sound like a person of fine taste
>>
>>92680086
>Except this time actual critics got an early screening t
So did they

http://www.slashfilm.com/early-buzz-screening-green-lantern-earns-positive-praise/

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantastic_four/twitter-reactions-from-early-fantastic-four-screening-major-a123570

These aren't major critics these are early twitter reactions

> to along with an embargo that was actually moved up.
Just like FOX with X-Men Apocalypse right?
>>
>>92680086
What's it like being a shill?
>>
I thought shilling was against the rules
>>
>>92679707
I saw it too, and it suffers from synder syndrom.
>>
I liked that...

They went with the child of Zeus origin. Rucka fans BTFO.

Ares wasn't a giant and did Injustice attacks.

Spy Steve a cute. :3
>>
>>92680252
Yeah I liked that She was Zeus' kid too. I was actually pretty surprised that Ruckawas cool with it going by his reaction to the movie.

Chris Pine really surprised me as Steve. Not saying that he's a terrible actor but he really did a good job as Steve. [Spoiler]His final scenes with Diana were upetting.
>>
>>92680086
When is the new embargo date?
>>
>actual adult people saying they started crying in the first minute

The shilling is off the fucking charts
>>
>>92680471
29th, but at 9pm PST so it's almost just 1 day earlier
>>
>>92679760
You might not believe this, but not all movies that feature characters from the same rights holder are made by the same people.
>>
File: IMG_20170525_015245.jpg (330KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_015245.jpg
330KB, 2048x1536px
>>92679849
>>If they used Hashtags then that means OP is a shill

When you use the hashtag that Warner asked you to use on places that don't even work with hashtags, it means you're a shill
>>
File: 1274218023404.jpg (9KB, 380x333px) Image search: [Google]
1274218023404.jpg
9KB, 380x333px
>>92679849
>I actually liked BvS Ultimate edition and MoS
>>
>>92680420
The real problem Rucka had with Azzarello's version wasn't her origin perse, but how pretty much he raped the fuck out of stuff Rucka expend years working on.
The shit he did with the Amazons was vile and tbqh the nu52 pretty much apart after the first two arcs.
People here only praise it because how fucking horrible 70% of the nu52 actually was.
>>
>>92680420
I was looking at all the women during the Diana x Steve parts and they were smiling like crazy at all the parts especially the part where they dance then later kiss. I'm hoping we get more superspy Trevor in the comics. Steve deserves a bigger role when you look at other primary love interests for the Trinity like Lois and Selina.
>>
Place your bets on the RT score

I'm expecting it to land somewhere in 40%
>>
>>92680497
Aww shit nigga,and it opens on june 1st in spicland.
>>
>>92680590

same score as ghostbusters
>>
>>92680577
>but how pretty much he raped the fuck out of stuff Rucka expend years working on.

That was done years before. And not in a reboot.
>>
>>92680577
Rucka's current run has seemed really petulant, like he can't tolerate someone doing something different with Diana than what he did in his first run. It seems whiny, at least to me.
>>
>>92680590
59-60%, alternating
>>
>>92680590
77%
>>
>>92680584
They had insane chemistry and it really is a shame that we won't see the two of them together in another film.

>>92680577
Got it.

Yeah then that's on me then because I just assumed that people got pissy about Zeus being her dad.
>>
>>92679787

>scared of marketers
>>
If it's good it's good, it'll help BFTO the people who keep saying "the Cape bubble is gonna burst".

But it doesn't really matter because I'll be filtering anything WW.
>>
>>92680420
Even if they did New 52 amazons all those people would love it (I didn't mind them, but I'm talking about the people that loathe it in the comics)

All of them turn into fanboys that will love it just because it's Wonder Woman on the silver screen
>>
>>92680693
Chris supposedly chose the real because it was a one movie deal.
I dont blame him. Its great he made the most of it but i would hate a Peggy situation. Just have the real blown uo past its natural conclusion.
>>
>>92680693
Yeah, I was really sad that Steve died after giving her the watch because he wished they had more time then said he loved her. ;_;
>>
I keep saying this line being posted

"It's not what you deserve, it's what you believe"

Or something like that

who said it and what's the context?
>>
>>92680705
>it'll help BFTO the people who keep saying "the Cape bubble is gonna burst".
They've been saying this since Thor 1. They'll never stop.
>>
>>92680614
I don't know, Wonder Woman didn't claim harassment against people online and isn't universally hated like Ghostbusters
>>
>>92679849
>Okay.
Pre-release screening impressions are almost always shills no matter what site they're on.
>>
>>92680768
Yeah, having it be a Peggy-like situation would have sucked. I much preferred it the way it happened. And at least Diana's not a perma-virgin like movie Steve.
>>
I know this is the RT score autism thread, but I have some questions for those who saw it.

Is the clay origin shown, and/or is there a confirmation about a god being her father?

How much fighting with her sword actually is there? Is there more fighting with the lasso and fists than there is with the sword and shield?

Do they fuck up and make her bulletproof?

>>92680627
I hate this mentality. Azz is the one who's petulant. He admitted to not knowing or caring about Wonder Woman at all. He didn't just erase Diana's history which is fine because it's a reboot, but he totally threw out her entire mythos and supporting characters because he couldn't be bothered to read Wikipedia.

When Bendis does this everyone shits on him rightfully, but when Azz does it, because people hadn't read Wonder Woman before it's suddenly OK.

It's not a bad comic at all but if you actually read through Wonder Woman's history, it'll become blatantly obvious to you why people are derisive of Azz's run, and that it's not so much the run itself as it is the people who seem to think there's nothing wrong with what he did.

As I always say, what he did to the Amazons is the same as making the Kents into racist right wing Christians. The Kents are not the most interesting characters in the world but they serve their purpose in that they show you where Clark gets his values and his great outlook on life, which is the same role the Amazons serve.
>>
>>92679849
>I actually liked BvS Ultimate edition and MoS.
In the trash your opinion on WW goes then.
>>
>>92680773
Dude that scene broke me along with the scene where she blamed him for not letting her kill Ludendorff after he killed everyone in the village.

And that e-mail she sent to Bruce at the end got me too. 'Thank you for giving him back to me.

Batbro actually came through for her. ;_;
>>
>>92680884
Yeah, her reply to Bruce really hit me too.
>>
>>92680627
>changing CORE aspects of a character and their mythology
>something different
Don't act like it was just some minor teeny tiny changes. It'd be like is someone made Ma and Pas Kent convicted rapists and murders and then just expecting people to be fine with it and calling it a minor change.

Azzarello changed core aspects and based Rucka fixed them.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170525-021211~01.png (62KB, 720x219px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170525-021211~01.png
62KB, 720x219px
>>92680773
>>92680884
>>92680944
Stop talking to yourself
>>
>>92680843
Her father is Zeus in the DCEU.

Honestly it's a good mix of Sword fighting, lasso, and bare fist fighting and as for the bulletproof thing: She gets shot, well it was more getting grazed by a bullet but whatever, on Themyscira but she heals pretty quickly. That being said she blocks the bullets with her bracelets and during the No Man's Land scene she has to use her shield to deflect the bullets.
>>
>>92679707
I too really enjoyed Wonder Womanâ„¢

I will be sure to watch it twice, maybe even a third time. Thank you Warnerâ„¢ Brothersâ„¢, a subsidiary of Time Warnerâ„¢
>>
We being flooded with marketers again? Because OP offers very little for discussion
>>
>>92681051
Should I buy the Ultimate $100 ticket from Regal Cinemas to watch how many times I want?
>>
I really like what they did visually with Doctor Poison. The fact that she had her original costume with the goggles in one scene was great. She also had a minor part, but I felt like it was just enough without overexposing her. I also liked that her toxins didn't just outright murder people but she could also make ones with special effects like the comics.
>>
>>92681084
You should, but also make sure to buy a second one if you plan on watching it more than 9 times™ You wouldn't want to be cheating any money out from Regal™ or Warner Brothers®™

Remember to tell all your twitter followers about how much you enjoyed the movie tooâ„¢
>>
>>92681076
Not op but I saw it too, what do you wanna discusss
>>
Holy shit this is the most shillingly shill thread I've ever seen on /co/. Well done OP.
>>
>>92679707
>Blind praise
>Hashtag right in the OP
I heard it was shit.
Were the leaks true? Is Gal Gadot completely overshadowed by Chris Pine? Did Zeus create humans? Did Wonder Woman sit out Zod, 9/11, and the Holocaust because she was sad about her bf dying?
>>
>>92681129
I'm not that guy, but I think I speak for most of /co/ when I say we're all still sort of skeptical about Gal Gadot.

All these critics are praising her, but it all seems like a farce, almost. Is she REALLY good as Diana? Is she really? Does she actually, genuinely bring the character to life? Does she genuinely do Diana proud?
>>
>>92681076
>OP makes a thread to discuss the movie for people who watched it.
>WTF Why didn't he outline every talking point we should discuss about the movie?
>>
>>92680996
>Her father is Zeus in the DCEU.
God fucking dammit. I've ALWAYS wanted to see the stuff from the beginning of Perez's run done in film.

Why is Johns so obsessed with that crappy new origin?
>>
>>92681163
Well the amount of people who might have seen it is limited and his original post offers nothing but "Its good" with no indication how or why. So yeah, I'll call him a fucking shill. Fact is, people are right to be skeptical about this movie
>>
>>92680510
Yeah, but they're all shit so far and disappointed people despite that. And that answer wasn't even relevant to his question.
>>
>>92681154
>I heard it was shit.

From whom?
>>
>>92679849
>It's actually really good
>Continues to say how they liked BvS and Suicide Squad
If you're trying to convince people you're not a shill (or that you just don't have garbage taste), you're not doing a very good job.
>>
>>92680774
>>92680774
Wonder Woman says it Ares during their fight scene at the end. It's a callback to what Steve said to her during an earlier conversation.
>>
>>92679707
I) think this movie's silly humor and quipping will mesh well with Joss Whedon's Justice League.
>>
>>92681186
>Well the amount of people who might have seen it is limited
The thread is for people who have seen it to discuss it. Why the fuck are you even here besides being a giant faggot?
>>
>>92680590
60-70%, because of "THIS IS A STUNNING AND BRAVE FILM FOR STUNNING AND BRAVE WOMYN" shilling.
>>
Alright, I want to know why Diana sat on her Amazonian ass for a 100 years and did nothing after this movie. Theres no way she doesnt look like a complete bitch, prove me wrong
>>
File: DOH.jpg (326KB, 792x1380px) Image search: [Google]
DOH.jpg
326KB, 792x1380px
>>92681213
>>
>>92681200
Pre-release buzz, before outlets like Buzzfeed started bombarding it with praise.

Also the leaks that revealed just how utterly retarded the plot gets.
>>
what the fuck happened in this thread
>>
File: ending of sleepaway camp.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
ending of sleepaway camp.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>92681236
>Every news outlet will shower this movie with blind praise because it stars a woman
>The main female protagonist supposedly ignores the Holocaust, Vietnam, 9/11, and Zod's Invasion because she was sad about a man
>>
>>92681158
She does a great job and hits the emotional scenes well. I under being skeptical but you will feel dumb feeling that way at all after this. Especially that scene where amazon general dies and she cries
>>
>>92681267
People trying to discuss a movie in a civil manner. One or two raging Mouseketeers shitting up the thread. The usual.
>>
>>92681267
You have a collision between retards desperate for this movie to be bad and retards desperate for this movie to be good.

Everyone's making excuses for why this good praise doesn't count or why that good praise does.

This site is just a place for two cults of braindead idiots to shitpost at each other endlessly.
>>
>>92681176
He obviously isn't obsessed to much if he let Rucka retcon it
>>
What's the Tornado or Martha-tier scene of this one? It probably involves Ares, correct?
>>
>>92681176
To be fair I actually thought that it worked out pretty well in the movie but I can understand why people wouldn't be pleased by it.

>>92681267
People who haven't seen the movie are trying to tell people who actually saw the movie how much it sucked.
>>
File: Gits.jpg (36KB, 660x264px) Image search: [Google]
Gits.jpg
36KB, 660x264px
>>92681288
Yeah, that totally happened for the last 3 female led-action movies.
>>
>>92681302
I'm not trying to start shit, but hopefully between this and Logan, mickey gets a wake up call and starts trying to make quality movies again
>>
>mouseketeers
>mickey

it's a shill thread alright
>>
>>92681302
Do shills get paid for talking with other shills?

Alright i'm in, WB, Disney i'm a free agent, sign me up.
>>
>>92681327
GitS doesn't count because it's a weird foreign property for nerds and commits the sin of cultural appropriation.
Wonder Woman is both stunning and brave.
>>
>>92681327
Fact that she was a woman < whitewashing.
>>
>>92681299
I have seen her crying in Criminal and it was terrible

Does she just frowns her eyebrows, have her mouth agape and the eyes a little wet?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6d7ixb/just_got_home_from_a_wonder_woman_screener/

Reddit loved it, Mouseketeers BTFO
>>
File: snatched.jpg (34KB, 674x232px) Image search: [Google]
snatched.jpg
34KB, 674x232px
>>92681327
>>
>>92681158
She isn't OH MY GOD SHE'S AMAZING but she really did surprise me with the work she did in this movie. She isn't wooden and like what >>92681299 said when she can handle the more emotional scenes.

I'm not trying to overhype her acting but I do wish that people would actually give her a shot.
>>
File: Dell.jpg (102KB, 700x606px) Image search: [Google]
Dell.jpg
102KB, 700x606px
>OP makes a thread blindly praising an unreleased film, complete with #hashtags
>Only criticism is "the beginning is a little slow"
>The rest is "I really liked the part where she cried, Gal Gadot is an amazing actor"
>People call them out for looking like a blatant shill thread
>"Wow, honestly, ugh, this is a thread for people to respectfully discuss this unreleased film, if you Mousketeers could just fuck off, honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now, maybe you should see #WonderWoman in theaters #June2nd and then come back for some civil discussion"
>>
>>92681352
Yeah, D*sney shills.

Go pick up your dime from the Mouse, intern.
>>
>>92681400
>Reddit
No offense, but that doesn't inspire any optimism.
>>
>>92681441
You're being baited.
>>
>>92681400
>Linking to reddit
>Reddit loved it
Have you seen DCEU reddit? they're the most delusional people in the world.
>>
>>92681453
I had an inkling, but Poe's Law and all that.
>>
File: 1480555596489.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1480555596489.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>92681337
>mickey gets a wake up call
>made over 10 billion last year
>had a growth share of 26% with half the films of the films of their lead competitors last year
>has already made 2 billion on just two films this year with 4 more billion dollar projected films coming up
>made over a grand total of 70 billion in films, television and merc last year alone
>43% more than the next competitor
>wake up call

They can hit the snooze button and be late for class and still be doing fine.
>>
File: RE.jpg (53KB, 933x268px) Image search: [Google]
RE.jpg
53KB, 933x268px
>>92681406
That's 3 for 3. How far back do we have to go for a female-led action movie getting good reviews?
Does Fury Road count? Force Awakens?
>>
>>92681315
Ares was actually pretty well done.

I mean I can see some sort of meme coming from a scene with Ludendorff but only because it was such a dick move that it was kind of funny in a dark way.
>>
>>92681514
Here's a really tough one.
What is the last female-led WB movie to gain a Fresh score?
>>
I think a lot of people are ignoring the fact that these early screener reactions will be nothing like movie critic reactions. DC gets as many 'fanboy' bloggers and mommy bloggers and 'geek' reviewers as possible into these things.

They hype them up with free gifts, collectibles, all kinds of shit.

Their tweets and 'first impressions' are coming as they walk out of a movie theater after all that hype, with heroic music blasting from the theater behind them.

WB, and every other movie studio, is psychologically manipulating people on the sole basis that they are good at advertising movies without having to critically think about them.

Professional film critics are both used to this shit and used to actively avoiding it, so I suspect that we'll have to wait closer to release before we know the true verdict.
>>
>>92681637
Lights Out, 2016, at 75%
>>
>>92681255
Cyborg and Flash are such fucking eyesores. Every time I see a Justice League pic like this I get triggered. Fucking hate them.
>>
>>92681303
thank the retard OP for starting the thread with a fucking hashtag
>>
What did you all think about the DC logo?
>>
>>92679707
as good as BvS?
>>
>>92680121
>the same critics that downvoted BvS on Reddit Tomatoes
Face it, your taste is on par with Buzzfeed's. BvS was the movie for intelligent people.
>>
>>92680590
89% Cerified Fresh.
>>
>>92681327
>>92681406
>>92681514
You would have to be a fucking idiot to have faith in these movies, or have expected them to be even remotely good.

Terrible examples.
>>
so many shills, that being said, its hilarious how insecure the drones get at the thought of a good DC movie.
>>
>>92680884
Can you explain the second spoiler?
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.