[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NPR's Comics And Graphic Novels Reader Poll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Alright /co/ it's time to put up or shut up.

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/24/527975066/its-a-bird-its-a-plane-its-our-comics-and-graphic-novels-reader-poll

From the article:

>This summer, we're celebrating comics and graphic novels, and we need your help! Whether it's a dogeared childhood treasure, the latest Eisner award winner or the webcomic you binge-read last week, tell us about it using the form on this page.

>Based on what you tell us, our expert panel of comics creators, reviewers — and geeks — will curate a final list of 100 favorite comics.

What can you nominate?

>Long-running series comics: Choose a distinct story arc or a well-known run by a particular writer or artist. So, rather than just nominating The X-Men, pick something like the Dark Phoenix Saga. Or if you like Matt Fraction (and who doesn't?) you could nominate his run on Hawkeye.

>Single issues: Because we know someone's gonna be mad if we leave out Action Comics #1

>Graphic novels and trade paperbacks: Persepolis, The Invisibles vol. 2, Blankets, a single volume of your favorite manga — if it's available in a standalone form, have at it!

>Newspaper comics: May be nominated as a whole. Get your Bloom County on!

>Webcomics: May also be nominated as a whole.

>Also: We know these categories are squishier than the Marvel multiverse. If you love something but you don't know where it fits, nominate it anyhow and we'll figure it out ourselves.

You're supposed to limit yourself to five choices for each category. So let them know what's good!
Because going by their examples they need all the help they can get.
>>
I'm too lazy. Please stuff the ballot box for Shade though.
>>
If I was evil and motivated, I'd orchestrate a giant spamming of Sonic the Hedgehog with Ken Penders.
>>
>>92678362
To troll, or not to troll.
A difficult decision.
>>
>>92678362
Most plebs will throw out nothing but big name stuff. Yeah, I can give my opinion but there's not a chance in hell it'll count for anything.
>>
>>92678362
My friend has a webcomic and he is trying to get it published so I just nominated it for him
>>
>>92680350
Maybe we could move this to /a/ and see if it can be flooded with Japanese mangos instead of comic books
>>
>NPR
The white guilt radio network is just going to disregard the poll and pimp whatever is the most "progressive" anyway so who cares?
>>
>>92680601
Interesting idea.
>>
Who you voting for /co/? I put Hellboy, Usagi Yojimbo, Cerebus, Nausicaa, and Dorohedoro.
>>
>>92680632
Your projection seems to care plenty :^)
>>
Can I vote for Sonichu?
>>
>>92681658
Yes actually
>>
>>92678362
>national pretentious radio
>>
>>92681591
I voted for Zombillenium. Absolutely love the comics and I'm cautiously optimistic for the movie coming out later this year.
>>
>>92682780
>>92680632
If you actually listened to their news you'd find that it's actually pretty unbiased. Not like anyone's forcing you to listen to their human interest stories.
>>
File: airtight_garage.jpg (564KB, 1280x1770px) Image search: [Google]
airtight_garage.jpg
564KB, 1280x1770px
>>92678362
This Euro only half understands these terms, but without much thought and in no particular order:

>>Long-running series comics: Choose a distinct story arc or a well-known run by a particular writer or artist. So, rather than just nominating The X-Men, pick something like the Dark Phoenix Saga. Or if you like Matt Fraction (and who doesn't?) you could nominate his run on Hawkeye.
1. Giant Days
2. Prophet from issue 21
3. The Maxx
4. Asterix
5. Tintin

>>Single issues: Because we know someone's gonna be mad if we leave out Action Comics #1
None

>>Graphic novels and trade paperbacks: Persepolis, The Invisibles vol. 2, Blankets, a single volume of your favorite manga — if it's available in a standalone form, have at it!
1. Cerberus
2. Les Nombrils
3. Miss Don't Touch Me
4. Beautiful Darkness
5. Beauty

>>Newspaper comics: May be nominated as a whole. Get your Bloom County on!
1. Peanuts
2. Calvin and Hobbes

>>Webcomics: May also be nominated as a whole.
1. Derelict
2. Scarygoround
3. Octopus Pie
4. Kill Six Billion Demons
5. Ava's Demon

>>Also: We know these categories are squishier than the Marvel multiverse. If you love something but you don't know where it fits, nominate it anyhow and we'll figure it out ourselves.
no particular order
1. Airtight Garage
2. Incal
3. The Long Tomorrow
4. Arzach
5. Maus

I don't care much for fitting my favourites into these categories, really.
>>
File: cerebus bi-weekly 26-01.jpg (417KB, 1200x1810px) Image search: [Google]
cerebus bi-weekly 26-01.jpg
417KB, 1200x1810px
>>92683342
>Cerberus
Cerebus the Aardvark
I meant
>>
>>92681591
Pandemonium Wizard Village, Rice Boy, Hellboy: the Wild Hunt, and Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko. I'm still deciding what to put for my 5th choice.
>>
>>92683342
Cerebus is the definition of a long running comic, it actually came out every month on time throughout it's run.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.